IVF/ICSI Support Group

I remember dr zou told me for blastocysts, if they can survive thaw, they are very strong type. Higher chances than normal embryo.

For my this cycle, thawed 2. But 1 of my embryos didn't make it the next day so they thaw another 1. I don't know how it goes as both embryos are 1 day apart. One is 11 cell, one is 6 cell. I remember embryologist told me they follow the lining.

But after thaw cannot wait too long to transfer also right wait they hatch out of shell. Hee. I heard different stories on the thawing survival of embryo vs blastocyst so also don't know which is true. Some say stronger survival rate some say weaker. Well guess again it's up to individual and again the skills of the embryologist doing the thawing. Princess what time you going to kkh for your test tomorrow? So excited for u.

Vivine, I heard Brazil nuts is good for implantation. Egg white seems to be recommended too cause it's high protein.

I am under Dr Lau. I will try to contact him to arrange for medicated FET, or even induce mensas.
I don't want to wait any longer, that's why want start the FET in Jan. will see how it goes.

princess 14, so you went through 2 ET?

Sounds like the survival rate quite high. I choose to thaw both, if both survive, will transfer both.

iwantahealthybaby, ya, fresh cycle was blastocyst. That time i had 10 embryos, only 4 survive to blastocysts.

Sisters do you experience sore boobs after er or et. Mt bloatedness n cramps are accompanied by sore boobs. N today right ovary is hurting as well. Can it be ovulation as prof did not extract any follies from right and I was given pregnyl after er. I think on mon during my post et review got one more pregnyl. Nuh protocol different but dont understand y.

I am under Dr Lau. I will try to contact him to arrange for medicated FET, or even induce mensas.
I don't want to wait any longer, that's why want start the FET in Jan. will see how it goes.

princess 14, so you went through 2 ET?

Sounds like the survival rate quite high. I choose to thaw both, if both survive, will transfer both.

iwantahealthybaby, ya, fresh cycle was blastocyst. That time i had 10 embryos, only 4 survive to blastocysts.

so 1st fresh cycle you had 2 blastocyst transfer by dr lau? and u succeeded in conceiving? i transfer 2 blastocycts too my 1st fresh cycle but till date no symptons, just hope everything is smooth sailing for me. i got 24 fertilised eggs but at end of the lab stay become 10blastocysts, 8 frozen 2 inside me.

Sisters do you experience sore boobs after er or et. Mt bloatedness n cramps are accompanied by sore boobs. N today right ovary is hurting as well. Can it be ovulation as prof did not extract any follies from right and I was given pregnyl after er. I think on mon during my post et review got one more pregnyl. Nuh protocol different but dont understand y.

my boobs sore badly till date but i believe is the effect of the 3x daily progesterone support. pregnyl is to induce ovulation but i also understand it helps to support the implantation. actually more support after et seems better at least to us mummies to be seems a more assuring move. but somehow kkh just offer basic support. seems to me all patients going through ivf in kkh will have the same medicine after that. maybe after bt they will then recommend suitable supplements to you.

Iwantahealthybaby,
My BT is 8.30am tmr! I also very anxious.
Wow u have 8 frozen blasto! Thats alot! I couldn't even have 1 blasto.

Sukif,
This is my 3rd fet. I did medicated fet last yr not successful then I naturally conceived the next mth but ended up miscarraige. Had no mood to try again so delayed till this nov sudden urge to attempt again. So i did naturel fet in nov...failed. Then dec did natural fet again. Fet is much simplier than fresh. But unfortunately I have no more frozen embbies :(:(

Mesara,
You have good support. My boobs slightly sore only. But for fresh, its better to have bloatedness. My 1st fresh few yrs agi I extracted 26 follicles, super bloated and i remember after et i vomited at home ended up in hospital and warded for ohss. That time i was on lowest puregon dosage somemore. But i succeeded that very 1st fresh! So dont worry and relax during the 2ww. Good luck!

Last edited:
haha mesara, lucky i am at work so no time to test also. the kit is back at home. can endure one more day means one more day of chance. i know i cannot dont be affected by the result so better let me spent my weekend 1st at least. maybe tomorrow after princess bt i see i motivated again anot.

princess, no frozen embbies no worries, as you aint needing them anymore. positive positive, this is the answer after your BT tomorrow. jiayou! you can do it! i need your baby dust or i should say we need your baby dust :)

i dont know how hard it is to have embbies turning into blasto but i guess i am given the chance to grow to blasto is i have lots of eggs retrieved so doc able to "waste" some by extending their stay in the lab hotel. hee hee. if i got 4-5 eggs retrieve, i guess they wont risk it too. my blasto growing very slowly according to embrologist. after my Bt next week i going to find my embrologist and she will advise me what happen to the rest. cause she is suppose to let me know how many freeze after the 6days stay, but happen that day i call her so over phone she told me result but i think i still need to see her to sign paper.

Hey peeps..

I'm back after a long absence.... gone thru natural IVF in Oct, but couldn't extract the 1 and only egg out as it's not mature enough..so converted to IUI...and of coz failed... Seen Sadhana and currently on DHEA... she's planning to let me try IVF again next year late feb or early march... and cos of my previous history of cancellation of IVF before my natural IVF this year, and also I asked what's the difference in the jab they use... like menopur vs gonal f ... and she told me no diff...but since last round I was on menopur, she going to put me on gonal f this time round... she mentioned that last time I was on 400 menopur, so she may start with 375 gonal f.... also she's not going to give me any puregon as I'm on dhea....

So want to ask the sisters here... what's the diff between menopur and gonal f???

Also, when I was scanning before my ER back in Oct... the sonographer mentioned something about the lining and there's triple... so what's a good lining???

Hope faith miracle, hi , Natural ivf what difference? I was on menopur 300 during My stimulation but last 3 days before I end my injection doctor introduced puregon 75 as my follicles are growing slowly. The different injection given actually only different is the brand, the drugs still works the same way it's just that some of us react better to this brand while some is immune to certain brand. So if previously menopur doesn't work they will surely change another brand maybe you react better. My 1st iui was puregon doesn't work well stimulation slow so 2nd iui menopur rate of follicle grow is faster. So I presume my body reacts better to menopur. But then again doc say every cycle body react differently.

so 1st fresh cycle you had 2 blastocyst transfer by dr lau? and u succeeded in conceiving? i transfer 2 blastocycts too my 1st fresh cycle but till date no symptons, just hope everything is smooth sailing for me. i got 24 fertilised eggs but at end of the lab stay become 10blastocysts, 8 frozen 2 inside me.

Ya I succeeded in the fresh cycle. Having a 1yo boy. During my fresh cycle, i had 20 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, only 4 become blastocysts.

Mesara,sore boobs maybe a good sign. But don't read too much into all these sign. Just keep yourself busy and occupied.

Sukif, your story bring my mood up abit! 1st fresh cycle and manage to conceive, so lucky. I wish I am like you. Praying hard to my bt day. Pray pray pray. Your frozen cycle will work out well too. Don't worry.

Sukif I just wanna be pain free haha. Not in any position yet to observe symptoms. Watsons was having member sale and I grabbed a few Watsons preg test kits but still a long way for me. How I wish am blessed like u success ar first fresh. And I wish the same for all sisters here.

Princess did u do any clear blue test. Waiting for your good news eagerly.

Princess is this your try for no 2. You said first fresh successful. Its common for people with alot of eggs To be bloated and ohss risk.I had 13 follies only yet kenna. Worst still no retrieval from right. Wonder what wud have happened to unretrieved follies. Does kkh have post et review. Mine on mon. Will ask prof.

Between nuh told me to pay 1k to freeze one embryo. Does it mean when u freeze 6 u pay 6k.

Princess is this your try for no 2. You said first fresh successful. Its common for people with alot of eggs To be bloated and ohss risk.I had 13 follies only yet kenna. Worst still no retrieval from right. Wonder what wud have happened to unretrieved follies. Does kkh have post et review. Mine on mon. Will ask prof.

Between nuh told me to pay 1k to freeze one embryo. Does it mean when u freeze 6 u pay 6k.

its fixed price regardless on the number of eggs if I'm not wrong... that's what kkh charge but I don't think it cost 1k to store for one year.... i think kkh charges lesser than that...

Mesara, Whao 1k for an embryo? Then I will pay a lot leh. I think they don't calculate this way should be a one time fee. I thought kkh freeze only around $200-300 or am I mistaken! Opps it can be deducted from medisave right? Wonder when will the ivf bill come? Curious how much in total I spent. Did you buy clear blue kit? I personally feel clear blue is more accurate and sensitive. Previously I tested before online brands and even predictor. But they don't seems to detect well for me. My 2nd iui was pregnant but ended up chemical pregnancy maybe if I have tested with clear blue 1st then when bleeding start I will be extremely careful. I thought was menses as the predictor test shows negative :(

Princess hope you are sleeping now tomorrow wait for your good news :) waiting to catch your baby dust

In my bill, it is stated embryo freezing is 265 and annual storage fee is 360 (both before gst) I think the embryo freezing is only for the first time (I think) subsequent years should be just paying storage fee if not wrong....

Adnil, I see, it's like an administrative charge for 1st time. But is under medisave right this amount? Only if total exceed the grant and medisave deductible then we pay cash right?

Anil, u are right. Embryo freezing is just a one time fee.
I just got the annual letter for the storage fees. Just gotta pay $385 for storage. The amt I pay the previous year should be the same too.

Mesara, I bought the watsons preg kits too. No offer on clear blue else would hv bought that.
The guardian brand test kits I used for 1st pregnancy worked too so hoping the watsons brand don't fail :p

Good morning sistas, happy Saturday. Done your blood test princess? Waiting for kkh nurse to call back? This feeling is scary ya but since you poas before and have faint positive I am quite sure the bt will be good result :) waiting for your baby dust.

Mesara hope your bloatedness gone by now. Take the weekend to rest yourself.

Yes pumpkin pie. Clearblue no offer so I bought watson brand lor. In usa clearblue kits r cheaper. I used to buy ovulation test kits n preg kits frm there

I also dont knw y nuh freezing so exp le. They told me 900-1300 was the range. One of the nurse said if my 12 k grant got balance can minus off but the lady who called me said I must pay cash. Told them to check n let me know

Maybe you check again I think the price difference too big since both are consider govt hospital. I think I saw before on the ivf paper instructions the few extra procedure charges cost. And I remember seeing was around $200-300 but like adnil say think 1st time they extra charge a admin fee for the freezing procedure. I will check on my bt day too with the nurse.

Dear sisters, thanks for all your wonderful support. Praise God! I am offically spreading lotsa lotsa baby dusts on everyone here!
Hcg is 1350. I now need to wait for 1st scan to see heartbeat then I can set my mind at ease.

Princess that's a good hcg to start with. Congrats. I am so hoping mine will be positive good news. But seriously till date I totally no feel no symptons. Boobs also not as full already all just seems to be gone. Feeling Sian but I still hoping for the very last hope. Want to test hpt today but hubbs say to enjoy the wkend 1st.

When is your 1st scan

Iwantahealthybaby, mesara and all those in 2ww...wish u the best of luck!

Mesara,
1k is a lot for embryo storage. Mine was stored at tfc..I think $700+/yr. But all procedures done by dr paul tseng. Maybe u check w nuh again. I doubt they are more expensive than tfc.
And yes I succeeded on my 1st fresh under dr loh when he was still in kk. You can do it too!! :)

Iwantahealthybaby,
Yes its my best gift this yr. I told God to take charge this cycle and take away my anxieties and burden. If its what He wants, let it be and I will accept it. I was prepared to stop trying if this fails as I do not wanna do another fresh. But God really blessed me and I am very thankful. It has been an emotional period esp knowing I have no more frozen embbies. So dear sisters, keep talking to God and ask for His divine protection. I realise this cycle I was much calmer than last and I think that helps!

1st scan 2 weeks time. Thought its quite long! Hee... another 2ww.

Congrats Princess14! Happy for u! Ur beta seems to be souch higher than what they aspect. Possible for twins. Hahahah!!! Take care.

Actually I think I am well prepare whatever I am fated to succeed or not this cycle. But the only demoralising thing is Cny coming and I will be faced with the usual questions and seeing some other relatives round stomach makes me even more depressed. The thought of this just makes me so down. Come so far in this tww....

Congrats congrats congrats princess. Grabbing loads of babydust. Praise lord For the best xmas gift n best start for new year. Think my bt n your scan shud be same time. Takr care dear. Have a safe n smooth nine months.

Iwantahealthybaby am praying hard hard for u ok. Stay positive happy and all the best to u. Jia you gal.

Dear sisters, thanks for all your wonderful support. Praise God! I am offically spreading lotsa lotsa baby dusts on everyone here!
Hcg is 1350. I now need to wait for 1st scan to see heartbeat then I can set my mind at ease.

congrats princess14!!! lots of rest now and may u have a smooth journey from now on.....

Congrats Princess14! :) Now relax and wait for the first scan..Thanks for spreading your babydusts all around.. may everyone in 2ww succeed!

Iwantahealthybaby, don't keep worrying. Whatever will be will be. Stay positive and we are awaiting for your babydusts too! Enjoy your weekend.. :)

Iwantahealthybaby,
I like your positive attitude! keep the faith going. Just sunday more to tahan. Let us know the good news on monday!

Mesara,
I tested 4 days before BT. I remember it was xmas eve. But line was very faint and I thought it was due to ovidrel. Then 1 day before BT I tested again. At first faint but after an hr I checked it looked darker.

My food during 2ww was mainly soup for the 1st week. Huai shan pork rib soup bought fr coffeeshop herbal stall. And at home I made chicken cordycep with beqi, wolfberries. brazil nuts 3-5 daily. Durian daily for the whole 1st week. My body is cold so these food are ok for me to take daily. If u feel heaty then cut down.
My drinks - a big pot of red date w wolfberries daily. Alternate days add dried longan. Chicken essence 1 botte daily. 1 cup coffee daily. :p

This cycle I did acu 2x weekly. During ovulation I did 3 consecutive days. Also beforr and immediately after et. Thereafter acu 3 more times. Dr zou said acu helps embryos find a cozy spot to settle and calm down.

Princess, you are so lucky! Congrats and happy for you!

Can sisters tell me when did you start feeling the bloating and cramps during stimulation?
I started my injection today but don't seem to feel anything at all. Not sure if that is normal :(

Princess I feel so ashamed when I see your habits and practice. I didn do much except acu before er and after er before er I only went twice or thrice. Started acu late. Then drinks is only wolf berries and dates no Longan, not every day somemore sometime just drank water. Occasionally cold drinks and desserts. Chicken essence alternate days as I suffer constipation Lolx. No tonic soup. U deserved your Xmas present from god! I will be back again soon if fate doesn't grant my wish this round! till that day, I am staying POSITIVE! Waiting for the good nurse to bring me the good news :)

Back