IVF/ICSI Support Group

Lydialovely huz hugz. Rest well n try again
soon.g

Sisters am still in ward. Finished er at 230. Doc just came. Bad cramps. I m unlucky as no egg retrieval on right as my cyst was blocking the follicles. 4 beautiful follies not taken out.

Left side god blessed me with 5 follies. Nothing else doc told me. Embryologist will call tomorrow. Praying hard n fingers crossed.

I really dont knw what is the quality n hw many will make it. My numbers r small. Really in gods hand now. Been crying non stop. It is a physically n emotionally tough journey.

I really dont knw what is the quality n hw many will make it. My numbers r small. Really in gods hand now. Been crying non stop. It is a physically n emotionally tough journey.

be strong mesara.... i only had 3... so 5 isn't that bad.... but i totally understand how u felt coz i cried too when i heard that only 3 were extracted.... be strong and think positive...

Hello ladies!

I am pretty new here. Supposed to start my IVF cycle in jan but my menses hasn't came for 3 months and Dr Tan HH gave me hormone pills to induce it. It finally came today!! I was thinking whether I should go ahead to call them tomorrow since was instructed to call on 1/2 day of menses.

Tomorrow is xmas eve not sure if they will be open? Hahahaha

Hello ladies!

I am pretty new here. Supposed to start my IVF cycle in jan but my menses hasn't came for 3 months and Dr Tan HH gave me hormone pills to induce it. It finally came today!! I was thinking whether I should go ahead to call them tomorrow since was instructed to call on 1/2 day of menses.

Tomorrow is xmas eve not sure if they will be open? Hahahaha

tmr might be half day but u shld still call in the morning. They probably will ask u to go in on the 26th

Finally home sisters. As its half day tomorrow chr will call by 12. Had diarrhea after eating porridge. Think its normal. Tomorrow start crinone gel n next day estroferm ugestrone as well. Gonna sleep now.

Hello summerreef, welcome to the forum. Yes I think you should call kkh tomorrow morning as if yours is long cycle they will ask you to come d21 to collect the med. They probably just want to calculate when you should start your injection.

Mesara, I don't have all your jabs. Even after er doc only prescribe utrogeston, to be inserted below, to start 2days after retrieval. So tomorrow the doc will call you say how many fertilised? Good luck ya. It only need one good quality to bring you the precious you wanted! Keep us updated. I still remember my whole ivf protocol the most difficult part is after er, pain, bloated, pain and more pain. Totally terrible. The rest was ok for me.

Thanks iwantahealthybaby. Am feeling much better today and waiting for chr. Hope will have embbies for transfer. Read min 2 required. Is it true.

Vivine as to dr lau I find him.ok but still v unsure when hes answering my questions so I was not confident. He scanned me n said suspect highly I have dermoid cyst. Then when I went to sf loh n prof for opinion n immediately they cud confirm its blood cyst. Experts r experts. Lau did not want me to do ivf without removing cyst but loh n prof said cyst v small n can do ivf. They were against surgery. So thats my personnel opinion ya.

Good luck for ur et today mesera! I had ovidrel 4 days before et. I did a day3 transfer, natural fet. But I remember last cycle I was given pregnyl just right after et. Dr said to support only. if im not wrong, both are the same.

Mesara I think 2 is to higher the chance. Since go so far they wouldn want to waste it since 1 they still charge you the same cost. During my Et, I was given a choice to transfer 1 or 2 so I guess shouldn be a problem. Don't worry too much I believe your eggs are a fighter just like you. So they will call you today to inform which day trf Isit?

princess14, i was not given ovidrel (this is the trigger shot right?) i was given pregnyl to trigger. mine left the system at day 4-5 so right after transfer i test its negative already. anyway since you were given pregnyl right after ET you cannot test hpt too as pregnyl will also give a false positive.

Princess today not et gal. Chr will call by noon to advise. R u in tww gal?

Iwantahealthybaby thanks for assuring me. So one also still et. Thats good coz I have gone thru so much so hope can pass et with sticky beanie. How r u feeling now. I just started taking ensure. Taste good ya. Tentatively day 3 is thu transfer. Am still wondering y I had ovidrel yesterday after er ar. Was it to release my eggs frm right side naturally?

Last edited:
Thanks iwantahealthybaby. Am feeling much better today and waiting for chr. Hope will have embbies for transfer. Read min 2 required. Is it true.

Vivine as to dr lau I find him.ok but still v unsure when hes answering my questions so I was not confident. He scanned me n said suspect highly I have dermoid cyst. Then when I went to sf loh n prof for opinion n immediately they cud confirm its blood cyst. Experts r experts. Lau did not want me to do ivf without removing cyst but loh n prof said cyst v small n can do ivf. They were against surgery. So thats my personnel opinion ya.

So are you still with Dr Loh or with doc in KK? Actually i m under Tan HH under KK deh, but he will be on leave end of Jan next yr. Dr Lau will be the doctor to cover Dr Tan's duties lor..... unfortunately my ER and ET will fall on end of Jan...... haizz.......

Chr just called. 4 matured 3 fertilized so they will call tomorrow to let me knw et date. Praying hard hard hard.

Hi Mesara, congrats! Out of 5 u have 3 fertilized which is v good already. They will call tmr? Tot it's public holiday tmr? Anyway dun think too much. Enjoy the Xmas holidays first! :)

So are you still with Dr Loh or with doc in KK? Actually i m under Tan HH under KK deh, but he will be on leave end of Jan next yr. Dr Lau will be the doctor to cover Dr Tan's duties lor..... unfortunately my ER and ET will fall on end of Jan...... haizz.......
I am with prof wong in nuh. Some sisters have had bfps under lau so it's really upto u dear.

Mesara, happy for u! Now relax and enjoy k. U can start taking 3 brazil nuts per day after ur ET. It helps in implantation. But quite heaty, so got to hydrate urself. Merry Xmas!
Chr just called. 4 matured 3 fertilized so they will call tomorrow to let me knw et date. Praying hard hard hard.

Thanks lydialovely. Prof had more confidence in me then I had in myself. He was encouraging and said 10 follies is good on low dose all growing even and even if right side cannot he will retrieve max on left. He had confident all follies on left had eggs coz of the slow growth n response to stim. Glad am in v good hands. I leave the rest in good gods faith.

I also surprise when they said they will call tomorrow as embriologist said they work tomorrow.

What is the meaning of matured n fertilised eggs ar. Hope all embbies grow strong and dont surrender.

I am under Dr Tan HH but still haven't succeed. In my opinion, I feel that although a famous doctor who has good track records may be good, ultimately it depends on our body health and the quality of the embryos.

Thanks hope4bb.

Merry xmas to all the wonderful strong sweet sisters in this forum. Have a great holiday with loved ones.

mesara really good news, out of 5, 3 fertilised, see your fighters are doing well, anyway this is your 1st time doing ivf they wouldn trf more than 2 also. so you are in the good range. me feeling nothing already so still hoping i will have the best xmas gift fr my doc hands, my husband and myself. ever since the bloatedness subside, all other symptons gone too. no cramps, no bloated feeling, no pain. hoping for the best. spoke to my husband, he dont encourage me to test hpt he say test early if negative i sad earlier, in fact he dont even like to talk about this topic now, he say now discuss like already expecting the worse, you know some sort of "sway", like wont rain you keep saying will rain till really rain..hehehe. so i think this round i listen to him, hope till the very last day....
anyway my tww life goes on, work, eat and drink (no cold water) but i did treat myself to a cup of ice cream sometimes. hee. didn drink ensure thou i bought, i drank chicken essence at alternate days so wont too heaty. other than that not much preparation from me. yes i did eat brazil nuts too 3 pieces/day.

lydialovely, acu was allright for me, the doc who did for me is doc zhao, they have a famous doc jin who is quite popular in this forum too but hard to book as her aptm is full so i just stick to doc zhao. she will poke at the points where she deem you are weak in, so every point you may feel some sensation (like sour feel) for a sec, but still bearable, heard from doc zhao some will even feel giddy at certain point but so far i am ok, in fact i always fall asleep after her poking. maybe she did some sleeping points for me to rest. no harm can try, since now you are trying to tiao your body, i think they recommend you go twice weekly.

princess dont think so much, every doc are trained so i think shouldn be a problem. my doc was not very popular too but i still want to believe he can do miracle for me.

I am under Dr Tan HH but still haven't succeed. In my opinion, I feel that although a famous doctor who has good track records may be good, ultimately it depends on our body health and the quality of the embryos.
yes, you are right.... we can only do our best at within our control.....

Mesera, opps I got the order wrong. Tot u doing 2day trsf. But u will be in 2ww very soon. Hope everything goes smoothly for u!
I am in 2ww now. Did day3 trsf. Beta test this sat! Just wondering if I test myself now will it be accurate since I had ovidrel 14 days ago.

yes lydialovely, totally agree with you, doc plays an important part but our body and quality of our embryos also equally important. since whoever doctor assigned to us i am sure they are license and trained in this speciality so dont doubt them. i have my doubts too but i decided my doc couldn be that bad too. must have faith in him. i really do feel comfortable talking to him as he seems very relax always and its this comfy feeling i have the thought of changing doctor didn bother me. did doc advise you when you can try again? heard they say if doing FET the resting period is shorter. if going try a new fresh cycle then need at least 3 months rest isit?

mesara, yes embryologist got to work 24/7 i guess as they have to make sure all embryos are well taken care of. i didn know slow reaction to the injection means higher chance of follicles containing eggs. maybe that explains my higher no. of eggs retrieved as i am also quite a slow respondent during stimulation stage too. i also dont know the meaning of mature eggs and fertilised. i remember the doc telling me how many mature but didn ask them. maybe during BT i will ask the embryologist since i need to see her she will advise me the status of my remaining frozen blastoycst.

finally its eve of xmas, have a very merry merry xmas sistas! lets all work hard together and support each other...

oh princess you in tww now too. hope everything goes smoothly for you and blessed with the best xmas gift this year. so yours is under dr tan right? i blur cause i thought i see you say will be under dr lau as tan is on leave end jan? i thought your transfer will b in jan didn know you did already. my bt is 3days after you..if now you test hpt i guess is the real result as i believe ovidrel should left the system already, but since come so long already, dont test yourself. just enjoy this xmas 1st.

Iwantahealthybaby,
No im not w kk. Im with dr paul tseng (care). I did natural fet. Oo...ur beta test next mon. All the best! Hope we get our best xmas gift from God this yr!

Dr Tan mentioned before to rest 1-2 months before starting on FET. Not sure abt fresh cycle but my guess is at least 3 months. I rested only 1 month last round before starting this FET. I think I will rest 2 months this round. Maybe I didn't rest enuff.

Mesera, opps I got the order wrong. Tot u doing 2day trsf. But u will be in 2ww very soon. Hope everything goes smoothly for u!
I am in 2ww now. Did day3 trsf. Beta test this sat! Just wondering if I test myself now will it be accurate since I had ovidrel 14 days ago.
I read many posts on net that 9dpt shud be good to test. But if u can tahan better lor. I knw for sure I cant. Hehe

Princess n I wantaheslthybaby all the best for upcoming bt. Praying hard for all of us to end the year in the mummy note :)

mesara really good news, out of 5, 3 fertilised, see your fighters are doing well, anyway this is your 1st time doing ivf they wouldn trf more than 2 also. so you are in the good range. me feeling nothing already so still hoping i will have the best xmas gift fr my doc hands, my husband and myself. ever since the bloatedness subside, all other symptons gone too. no cramps, no bloated feeling, no pain. hoping for the best. spoke to my husband, he dont encourage me to test hpt he say test early if negative i sad earlier, in fact he dont even like to talk about this topic now, he say now discuss like already expecting the worse, you know some sort of "sway", like wont rain you keep saying will rain till really rain..hehehe. so i think this round i listen to him, hope till the very last day....
anyway my tww life goes on, work, eat and drink (no cold water) but i did treat myself to a cup of ice cream sometimes. hee. didn drink ensure thou i bought, i drank chicken essence at alternate days so wont too heaty. other than that not much preparation from me. yes i did eat brazil nuts too 3 pieces/day.

lydialovely, acu was allright for me, the doc who did for me is doc zhao, they have a famous doc jin who is quite popular in this forum too but hard to book as her aptm is full so i just stick to doc zhao. she will poke at the points where she deem you are weak in, so every point you may feel some sensation (like sour feel) for a sec, but still bearable, heard from doc zhao some will even feel giddy at certain point but so far i am ok, in fact i always fall asleep after her poking. maybe she did some sleeping points for me to rest. no harm can try, since now you are trying to tiao your body, i think they recommend you go twice weekly.

princess dont think so much, every doc are trained so i think shouldn be a problem. my doc was not very popular too but i still want to believe he can do miracle for me.

i did not feel anything during the tww also.... so it does not mean its not happening... enjoy the festive season and let nature takes its course... Merry Christmas!;)

Princess my bt last day of the year, tues :) yes hope we can all be blessed and rec the coolest gift from god!

Mesara, good luck to you too.

Have a nice Xmas feast ladies

Dr Tan mentioned before to rest 1-2 months before starting on FET. Not sure abt fresh cycle but my guess is at least 3 months. I rested only 1 month last round before starting this FET. I think I will rest 2 months this round. Maybe I didn't rest enuff.
anyone knows how much for the FET cycle ?

Mesara: All the best for et! Now just relax and after et, take it easy and enjoy the 2ww. :)

Vivine: I only know for natural fet cycle, kk told me its around $2-3k. There is some subsidy from govt. And now the balance also can use Medisave to pay. Only blood tests before start fet need to pay in cash, tests for the hiv, hepatitis etc.

Back