IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi kissbb,
y ur gynae suggest u to go for lapro?
my gynae too leh..cos aft a few cycles of clomid,i'm still not preggie..hence she suggested mi to go for lapro..

but i will be seeing another gynae for 2nd opinion...

kissbb

HSG for me is still ok ... the process is rather short only about 20 minutes and it's not too painful. The pain comes after the procedure where you will feel crampy like you are having menses and ovalution. After a few hours the pain will be gone.

hi forgetmenot,

who is yr gynae?? if i'm not wrong, we might visit the same gynae?? maybe i'm wrong...

CT,

thanks for the info.

Hi gals

I just called for my rubella blood test result ... very lucky I have the immunity and I can start the ICSI anytime.

Now I'm just considering to start this month or next ...
happy.gif

Hi CT

That's gd news! Go discuss with your hubby again on when to start lor. Most important that both of you must be comfortable with the decision.
happy.gif

Btw, which CD are you in now?

tomatoes

I'm in my CD13 today (ovaluting now as I can feel the cramp hahah) ... on my next appt with Dr SF loh on the 15 Sept, it will be my CD21 and if I decided to start this month, I can start injecting from tat day itself.

Hi CT

Actually not too much of a diff if you start this month or next month. If you start next month, you can prepare yourself physcially and mentally by eating more bu.

Thanks westbb. How are you feeling?

CT, congrats on having the immunity. I personally think, if you are prepared mentally. can start ASAP lor.

CT,

maybe can mail dr SF loh whether u can go ahead successfully with your icsi cycle when u see him ... starting that day... just in case got any hiccups
happy.gif
I very kiasu wan... haha

me seeing dr yeong tomorrow
happy.gif

westbb,

hope u r feeling fine.. do rest and take it easy hor. when will u be testing... feel so excited for u.

poohy

I asked him last week if I should go for the blood test and he advised i should so that if everything's ok I can start injecting when I see him.

CT,

thats' great
happy.gif
u must be looking forward to the start of the treatment cycle. I remember I looked forward to mine too. For now relax and dun be stressed or anything... must keep yourself in tip top conditions
happy.gif

Hi kissbb,
just now went to do a search n found tt we r seeing the same gynae leh..how long hve u been seeing her?
i'm seeking 2nd opinion..will be seeing the same gynae as poohy..

poohy

I duno if I am in 'tip top' condition or not? I still can't decide to go for it next week or wait another month.

In Dr Loh opinion, he feels that 1 month will not make much difference. I'm still deciding ... sighhh

Micky

Other than avoiding the liang food, anything else I should take note?

Hi All

I will be seeing my RE tonite and will ask him more about ICSI. My hubby also did a SA today and will know the results during the visit later. Me now thinking all the questions that I want to ask my RE about ICSI.

Btw, did you all read about yesterday STREATS article on IVF & birth defects written by a "Dr John - something". He mentioned that the risk of have a baby with birth defects is much higher than by normal conception. And the risk of having a baby with health problems is also higher. He said that doc should highlight to us on the down-side of IVF to couples.

Actually, I was very disturbed by the article and kept thinking about it last night. Really don't know whether IVF is really as bad as what he wrote....
sad.gif

Hi tomatoes,

read from another thread that you have seen Dr Chris Chen before. How do you find his examinations? The reason why i asked is becos, i saw this CP recently and she said that she suspect i may have pcos and some other problems which i told her that my gynae which i have been seeing for past 4 mths did not detect. This CP recommended that i see Chris Chen as he is very detailed. Is the scan via virginal also know as ultra scan?

Hi cherry

I have been seeing Prof Chen for slightly more than 6 months now. Yes, he is very detailed and accurate in his diagnosis but his fees can be quite ex. I read from other thread that there is this CP in Jurong East always refer her patients to see Prof Chen (and tells her patients that they may have PCOS), I dun know whether she has any referral fees for this. Are you seeing a CP in Jurong East?

I find that it is not really a must to see Prof Chen, there are also other good gynaes/RE around. However, it is always good to seek a second opinion (from Prof Chen or any other gynae) just to set your mind at ease if you really have PCOS (**Touch Wood**)

Normally, a ultrasound is done via our vagina - can see more clearly.

cherry

I agreed with tomatoes .. a few years back when I see teh CP in Jurong east, she also said I have PCOS and referred me to see Chris chen. I din go as I have regular menses and I think I ovulate every month.

Instead I went to other gynaes and they feel I'm normal as I dun show any sign of PCOS.

Hi CT & Cherry

After reading so examples, I dun really trust this Jurong East CP..... but yet so many couples said that she is good..... so all the ??? comes into my mind.

But juz dun understand why she said all her patients have PCOS...

Sorry, I hope I dun offend any of her patients here as the above is just my personal opinion.

hi CT & tomatoes,

yes agreed with you. my gynae is a very serious and detailed man and he do virgina scan for me everytime i see him plus i have also had a blood test done. I wouldn't think he would missed something so serious after so many consulations.

yes, i went to see the CP at Jurong East becos there are so many accounts from different people who don't know each other that said that she has help them conceive. You should see her queue.. young, old & couples.. so long and so many people who diligence wake up at before 6am just to get a queue number to see her.

i also heard that she tells also all her patients that they have pcos. anyway, i couldn't resist going to see her becos just hear too many successful cases following her consulation!

CT, you are not seeing her now? how long did you took her medications and what made you stop going to her?

Hi Cherry

Since you have a very good gynae, there is no reason he would miss the problem of PCOS.

As for the Jurong East CP, she does have successful couples who have conceived but dun know if it is that many of them. Perhaps it is by word of mouth, so everyone goes to her to try.

Hi All

Juz went to see my Re last nite and had discussed about ICSI. My hubby and I had decided to go for it in Nov04. Then I asked him what's use of the varicocele surgery that he has done if we are going for ICSI in Nov04, he told me perfect sperms are needed for fertilisation and the surgery has actually strengthen his sperm quality so it is still very worth going for the surgery. Had done the blood test for rubella test and dun know what, if everything ok, I will be starting my injections from CD21 during my next cycle.

Then after that, we sat down with his nurse to have a good talk about ICSI and clear some of our miscelleaneous questions about ICSI. She told me we have to be mentally and financially prepared for it (as expected) lor....

At least now, we have some hope to look forward to in Nov04.

tomatoes

good that your hubby sperm quality had improved ... it will definitely help in the ICSI procedure.

If I decided to start from next month, we will be doing almost the same time ... hhehe ... when's your expected CD21 next month?

cherry

In fact I've only seen the CP twice and teh 2 time was 1 year apart ... Anyway, i did not complete her medication as like wat tomatoes said ... she said I had PCOS which I doubted as I had seen a gynae b4 which think otherwise.

Moreover her queue are super long and we have to go there before 6am in the morning to take a number.

CT

It will be nice if we have each other as buddy to do ICSI around the same the time
happy.gif
My expected CD21 will be around 25 Nov04. How about you?
happy.gif

tomatoes ... yours in Nov ????

Next month Oct only ley ... My CD21 for the current cycle is on the 15/09, next cycle shld be around 14/10.

Hi CT/Tomato,

check with you gals, why ppl go straight to ICSI? will all doctors recommend it for your first round? i was thinking, i will do IVF and transfer only two embryo,dun want to take the risk of having triplet.. n bcos IVF is not too harsh for the eggs... but of course, the chances are lower than ICSI, what you think?

chery

It all depends on the couples infertility factor for the doc to decide which treatment is more suitable.

For my case, my hus sperm count is extremely low and it's not even enuf to do IVF thus we can only seek the ICSI procedure.

If you attend the talk in KKH you will remember that the embroyolist mentioned like for IVF procedure, 200K of sperm will be put into the dish to fertilise 1 egg. For my case, my hus count is only 2 mil and <1% is normal form so I have no other choice but to go for ICSI.

chery

Oh ya for the transfer of embryo which u mentioned, for ICSI procedure, if I am not wrong you can also choose to just transfer 2 embryo ... the number of embryo you wan to transfer is dependant on your age, quality of the embroyo and largely the number of good embryo available and not based on what procedure you go thru.

CT,

i din attend the KKH talk, my hb sperm count last SA test result (4 month ago) is 9m/ml, after that he's been given medecine to improve the count, have not redo the SA test yet, intend to do next month after finish 3 month medication...so depends on his result then we decide whether go for IVF or not...

Hi

I'm so glad I came across this thread while searching for info on ICSI. Considering going for it next month. I'm seeing Christ Chen. I went for artificial insemination last month and was not successful. I was feeling apprehensive whether to go for ICSI because was told the success rate is less than 50%. After reading the posts, I think I'll go ahead with it.

Melody

Welcome!!

How long have you been trying? Do you mind sharing with us your problem that lead you to ICSI?

My case is my hus got very very low count and we have been trying for the last 5 years.

Thanks for the welcome

Been trying for past 3 years. My husband has got very low sperm count too. At one stage it was too low even to do a sperm analysis. He went for an op to correct the blood flow. He has improved now.

As for me, I went to remove polyps and endometriosis 3 months ago. The doc say I need to get pregnant asap as the previous conditions may recur. Anyway I still have hormone imbalance and so I'm releasing too many eggs at one go but the eggs are not maturing. So both me and my hubby has problem. Furhtermore I've reached 35 so doctor say the chances are quite slim for me to get pregnant naturally.

hi Melody,

heard that Chris Chen is very professional and specialized in ICSI/IVF, so you will high chance... hope you strike your 1st ICSI cycle
happy.gif

Melody

I've also heard Dr Chris Chen is good ... go for it and dun think too much liao. Sometime when you think too much ... things jus dun get moving. I a bit regret nver start the ICSI earlier as I believe my chance will be higher if i do it before 30.

Anyway, dun worry too much ... I tell myself must be positive and open abt this IVF thingy ... take it as gamble but of cos it's easier said than done. I also very fan ... sighhh

Hi Melody
I am seeing Prof Chen and will be doing the ICSI in Nov04 by him. My jabs will start next month. When do you intend to do the ICSI?

Thanks for all your encouragement.

I intend to do it in October/November. How many days after the menses does the jabs start.

Hi Melody
We can be buddy liao since we are doing around the same time, and we are seeing the same RE somemore
happy.gif

The jabs will most probably start on CD21 of your cycle.

ladies, just pop in to say hello. after 1 week of 'resting' at home, i think i've grown very fat now. time passes so slow, today is only my 8dpt, still have to wait until next week to test! i am so tempted to test, someone please stop me! i have been cramping since transfer.. dunno why
sad.gif

CT have u decided when you are starting?

Micky, where are you? got to alot of things to consult you leh...

tomatoes, melody, pls also share with us if there are anything beneficial in your discussion ok?

Hi Westbb

Normally implantation will cause cramps and bloatness, so that you should be getting your BFP very soon. If you really cannot tahan, I think you can start testing on 10 dpo, but do tell yourself that if it is -ve, it is still early. Be positive!
happy.gif

Me and melody are seeing the same RE and starting around the same time, so I thought of communicating with her in pte in order not to disturb this thread. If there's anything to share, will definitely post it her
happy.gif

You must continue to rest, rest, rest hor
happy.gif

Me now also planning to watch my diet in order to prepare myself for the procedure. My RE gave me a chart to plot and he wants to see the trend first before deciding when to start the jabs.

Btw, you must continue to update us on your progress hor. I will surely have alot questions to ask you when my date draws nearer....

westbb,

cramps good sign leh! Wah waiting eagerly to hear abt your bfp liao... must remember to update us ok ! maybe soon can start testing liao... since hor yours is 3day transfer rite ? so shd be enough time for implantation liao.

Hi tomatoes &amp; melody,

wanted some advise from you ladies. my gynae suggested for me to do a lapro after my HSG results indicated blocked tubes. I was thinking should i instead go straight for ICSI?

Hi Cherry

How is your hubby's SA results? If it is good, it might be a good idea for you to go through the lap surgery to tackle the tubes problem and try naturally on your own. Did your gynae said the lap confirm can unblock the tube?

I find the ICSI will the last resort and would not recommend it unless time is running out for both of you or the problem is too serious to cure.

For me, I have endo. and my RE said I must get preggie asap before the endo. comes back. I did try naturally for 3 months liao ( even done IUI) but still no result. So I will be starting my ICSI program next month.

Hi Tomatoes,

my hubby's SA results were quite poor very low mobility. The gynae told me that the lapro was more to see what problems i may have, he couldn't say whether he could cure the problem or not.

Hi cherry

For your hubby's soldiers, taking vitamins and provironum might help. If you are to go to my RE, he will surely ask you to go for lapro to clear whatever problems there is (eg.endo, fibroids). His objective to make sure that even if we conceive, our hormones and health level of our uterus can support the pregnancy. Well, different gynae/RE will have different suggestion. Consider your options and weigh the risks. Seek a 2nd opinion if needed
happy.gif

Hi Westbb
Can wait to hear your good news! Hope you can update us before I go for my BKK trip on Thu. Very excited for you !!!
happy.gif

westbb

yup decided ... will start injection this coming Wed if all is well ...
happy.gif

tomatoes

hmmm ... why did your gynae asked you to plot the temp chart? KKh nver ask me to ley ... is your menses regular?

westbb

did you also show your doc your temp chart b4 you commence on the ICSI?

Back