IVF/ICSI Support Group

do u know diaherroa is one of the symptom of pregnancy!!! serious.. I read abt it before as it hapoen to some mummies here. my fren encountered too. wish yr baby dusts to be spread soon!

yes im cycling this mth too. i expect my er/ et to be next week.

eho else is in purgeon?
Thanks mrs tann. I do hope is a good sign. :)

makino, dun keep thinking abt AF leh.. 7dpt5t seems early leh.. i went to test on 12dpt5t..but that's cos i tested positive on hpt on 11dpt5t..furthermore, i think embies only implanted 5-6 days after 5t...so urs still early...if they ddidnt ask u to redo a bt, can u ask for one? or at least do a hpt later? for the time being, still take care and assume u r.....

bearge, hope u r feeling better...take some soupy light food...
Hi dreamirene, feeling better. Not much appetite with light food. Went for my last injection. Checked with the nurse on my diaherroa. She said if it only once should be ok. She also mentioned the stomach bloating may also cause by the injection. Ask me come back next week for bt. Now counting down.

Hi dreamirene, feeling better. Not much appetite with light food. Went for my last injection. Checked with the nurse on my diaherroa. She said if it only once should be ok. She also mentioned the stomach bloating may also cause by the injection. Ask me come back next week for bt. Now counting down.

Good luck...stomach bloating is a good sign... :)

makino, dun keep thinking abt AF leh.. 7dpt5t seems early leh.. i went to test on 12dpt5t..but that's cos i tested positive on hpt on 11dpt5t..furthermore, i think embies only implanted 5-6 days after 5t...so urs still early...if they ddidnt ask u to redo a bt, can u ask for one? or at least do a hpt later? for the time being, still take care and assume u r.......

Hahaha. Dreamirene ok ok. I just rang KKHIVF centre .. It seems the appointment on 10 sep is for bt wor. I told them I already did one on 3 sep .. I am expecting a nurse to call me back for clarifications. But why give me 7.30am slot I asked, since its just a quick bt, I said I will go around 10am. I wana sleep longer haha.

Hahaha. Dreamirene ok ok. I just rang KKHIVF centre .. It seems the appointment on 10 sep is for bt wor. I told them I already did one on 3 sep .. I am expecting a nurse to call me back for clarifications. But why give me 7.30am slot I asked, since its just a quick bt, I said I will go around 10am. I wana sleep longer haha.

go early good can get result earlier. I'm asked to go for BT at 8.30am but impossible timing for me cos I need to wait for my MIL to come over to take care my girl before I can leave the house. so earliest I can reach is 9.30am. my BT is one day later than u, I can go on the 10th but hb cannot take off from work

go early good can get result earlier. I'm asked to go for BT at 8.30am but impossible timing for me cos I need to wait for my MIL to come over to take care my girl before I can leave the house. so earliest I can reach is 9.30am. my BT is one day later than u, I can go on the 10th but hb cannot take off from work
I don think can get results earlier unless u sit there and chase the girls .. Cos they are very busy so they tend to call us after the IVF centre is quietened down, usually aft 4pm. Both times, they rang me after 4! My girlfriend kiasu .. She literally sat there and kept asking them every hr .. Lol..

I don think can get results earlier unless u sit there and chase the girls .. Cos they are very busy so they tend to call us after the IVF centre is quietened down, usually aft 4pm. Both times, they rang me after 4! My girlfriend kiasu .. She literally sat there and kept asking them every hr .. Lol..

cos for CARE the dispatch collect sample ard 10am, if lucky can get result before lunch. the later we go, the result out very late

KKH rang me. There is a mixup in the appointment .. Apparently I was supposed to visit dr sadhana this morning but someone keyed in wrongly and it became 10 Sep 7.30am.

Hey I think IVF centre got my dates wrong. I asked why my BT is 7dp5dt the nurse said its not. It's d19 and they count form ER date.. She even asked why I didn't take note of the review today. Not funny. I told her they sent me 10 sept via SMS! Then she got nothing to say.

And come to think of it, if counting from ER (22 Aug), the bt I did on 3 sep was at d13 not d19. The appointment for 10 Sep, 7.30am is the actual bt date.. I confirmed with the appointment hotline that 10 Sep is for bt. Anyway I'm not going for the appointment. I told her 1x SO-IUI plus 2-IVF is enough. I'm not going through ART again. That's it. So no point going for e review though i am itching to complain to Dr sadhana abt the bt mixup & that CMI review doctor .. but the visit will cost me one consultation fees so ... haha . i think forget it. I will do a hpt myself tomorrow or Sunday.

Last edited:
I think here think there still think its weird so I rang KKH IVF to clarify. Yes NOW they admit they count wrongly .. 10 Sep is the correct blood test date!! I told her my bt at d13 (fr ER) is 2.3 and she said I could be pregnant. I told hb I will do a hpt tomorrow morning so we have an idea whether we are preggie or not. Wah very irresponsible wor. What if I hadn't heeded the advice of the sistas here and stopped my uterogestan / go back to my daily lifestyle!! I am going to tell them I stopped my uterogestan since 3 Sep & I will hold them responsible if there is anything wrong with me.

And audreysu you are right. KKH also sent the blood samples out. She can't tell me the exact time though as they send once the tube is full. So I'm going to make it a point to go before 8.30am and start bugging them by 12..

Oh dear I lost a few pills ... Can I get uterogestan over the counter? I may not have enough to last me till 10 sep

makino88, thankful that you have doubts again and called KKH.. damn it is so irresponsible of them!!
Try to call KKH whether u can go over to buy the inserts if not you have to go to the nearby gynae clinic and buy but i think have to see a doctor first.
Lots of blessings to u!!! hug hug!!

I think here think there still think its weird so I rang KKH IVF to clarify. Yes NOW they admit they count wrongly .. 10 Sep is the correct blood test date!! I told her my bt at d13 (fr ER) is 2.3 and she said I could be pregnant. I told hb I will do a hpt tomorrow morning so we have an idea whether we are preggie or not. Wah very irresponsible wor. What if I hadn't heeded the advice of the sistas here and stopped my uterogestan / go back to my daily lifestyle!! I am going to tell them I stopped my uterogestan since 3 Sep & I will hold them responsible if there is anything wrong with me.

And audreysu you are right. KKH also sent the blood samples out. She can't tell me the exact time though as they send once the tube is full. So I'm going to make it a point to go before 8.30am and start bugging them by 12..

Oh dear I lost a few pills ... Can I get uterogestan over the counter? I may not have enough to last me till 10 sep

how much is utro in kkh? its so expensive in CARE! if kk is cheaper I'll go there & buy!

makino88, thankful that you have doubts again and called KKH.. damn it is so irresponsible of them!!
Try to call KKH whether u can go over to buy the inserts if not you have to go to the nearby gynae clinic and buy but i think have to see a doctor first.
Lots of blessings to u!!! hug hug!!

Hi SSS .. Ok I went to count and I have just nice till Monday. Phew. Too small and they kept rolling away from me .. Haha. Thank u for your wishes. Don't wana get my hopes too high but keeping my fingers crossed .. Heh

I'm having headache 3 days in a row .. I've taken paradol extra twice thinking I'm not preg. Since its not firm yet, any idea if I can still take?

Last edited:
Hi SSS .. Ok I went to count and I have just nice till Monday. Phew. Too small and they kept rolling away from me .. Haha. Thank u for your wishes. Don't wana get my hopes too high but keeping my fingers crossed .. Heh

I'm having headache 3 days in a row .. I've taken paradol extra twice thinking I'm not preg. Since its not firm yet, any idea if I can still take?

After ET only can take normal panadol unless af come then can take panadol extra

makino88 : u can review kkh over emails. they always email me asking me.to rate their visit.

usually they call u on the result afternoon like sfter 1pm. the wait is worse than taking exams...

after bfp. next is the wait for it to double.... then to hear heart beat...... then to worry till the baby pop. all the worryingsm

pink bunny : wr are cycle mates! its day 11 for me tmrw. I took ganreliex from day 3 to 5 and also tmrw day 11 to 13. I think et will happen soon for u. the hcg shot will come first at night. could be one of these few days. whats yr follicle size?

twins2014 : why dont u change doc? tot dr loh case goes to dr tan. I hc nit hear good stuff abt mathew lau and I dont like him myself either.

makino88: lotss of blessings to u!!!

Mrs tann, but when I ask my friend who work in kkh to recommend good drs to me, she recommended dr sadhana & dr mathew wah. One of my friend transferred herself to dr mathew from nuh prof pc Wong also. Anyway, in kkh, once u start ivf journey, it was mostly managed by kkivf centre's team, only er & et will done by your own dr.

Mrs Tan - Just had my day 11 scan on Friday.. I actually copied down all my follicle sizes.. the small ones prob won't make it I think. I am prescribed Ganirelix again anyway.

Right Ovary: 8 follicles; 14.5, 13.5, 10.5, 9.5, 11, 10.5, 5, 6
Left Ovary: 8 follicles; 11, 12, 8.5, 8, 8, 9, 9, 6

Actually feeling very stressed atm.. just finished work at midnite and about to go to sleep and it's alr 130am! My work is like this.. always work work more work..hopefully a day before ER I can take a full break for 8 days and stay at home. May also be the reason why we (me and hubby) are not pregnant yet.. stress.

Worse still, I think I caught a cold today. Going to sleep it off and hope it goes away! Nitenite all!

hihi,

i am new in this thread. i just started my ivf with sgh care this monday. was on a short protocol.
was give 3 days of cetrizide and now on puregon for 5 days...

can i check usually how many days after egg retrieval we will need to go for embryo transfer??? work is hectic for me so need to plan out my activities :)

hihi,

i am new in this thread. i just started my ivf with sgh care this monday. was on a short protocol.
was give 3 days of cetrizide and now on puregon for 5 days...

can i check usually how many days after egg retrieval we will need to go for embryo transfer??? work is hectic for me so need to plan out my activities :)

Depends on ur clinic preference, some do day 2 & some day 3 means 2 to 3 days after retrieval will be ur transfer

I'm bleeding ... Not a full flow menses but I'm bleeding like pre AF .. I thought I shouldn't be menstrating as I am still on progesterone .. Apparently not .. I googled. It's 11dp5dt for me. time to move on ...

Last edited:
Just curious for my case when is the earliest can I start test using hpt if my last injection for pregnyl was on Friday? My bt is Friday. Itchy hand but scare of the result. :( Kia si. My ET was on 28 aug with day 2 embryos. Having some light cramp since Wednesday. This tww is the most torture part... Or I should just wait till Friday morning then I use hpt to test before going for my bt.

Just curious for my case when is the earliest can I start test using hpt if my last injection for pregnyl was on Friday? My bt is Friday. Itchy hand but scare of the result. :( Kia si. My ET was on 28 aug with day 2 embryos. Having some light cramp since Wednesday. This tww is the most torture part... Or I should just wait till Friday morning then I use hpt to test before going for my bt.

Need 7 days for pregynl med to purge out from ur body. So I think earliest u can test is next fri. I'm skipping hpt & just go for bt. This 2ww I feel more jittery than my fresh cycle but am very thankful for Angela from care who has been calming my nerves despite being not in town!

Need 7 days for pregynl med to purge out from ur body. So I think earliest u can test is next fri. I'm skipping hpt & just go for bt. This 2ww I feel more jittery than my fresh cycle but am very thankful for Angela from care who has been calming my nerves despite being not in town!
Sigh... Then I guess I better guai guai and pray hard all this symptoms are not the opposite.

Any sisters on short protocol from kkh, can u plse share? Ganirelix normally start from d5-6 of stim as what I read from google, is Same in kkh? Tk!

Short protocol start stim from day 2. You will go down for day 2 scan and Dr will advise on dosage and collect your medicine. Suppression jab will start once your follicles size reach 7 to 10mm to prevent you from ovulation.

Mrs Tan - Just had my day 11 scan on Friday.. I actually copied down all my follicle sizes.. the small ones prob won't make it I think. I am prescribed Ganirelix again anyway.

Right Ovary: 8 follicles; 14.5, 13.5, 10.5, 9.5, 11, 10.5, 5, 6
Left Ovary: 8 follicles; 11, 12, 8.5, 8, 8, 9, 9, 6

Actually feeling very stressed atm.. just finished work at midnite and about to go to sleep and it's alr 130am! My work is like this.. always work work more work..hopefully a day before ER I can take a full break for 8 days and stay at home. May also be the reason why we (me and hubby) are not pregnant yet.. stress.

Worse still, I think I caught a cold today. Going to sleep it off and hope it goes away! Nitenite all!

Next week you should be able to ER soon. All the best. Rest more and get well soon.

I'm bleeding ... Not a full flow menses but I'm bleeding like pre AF .. I thought I shouldn't be menstrating as I am still on progesterone .. Apparently not .. I googled. It's 11dp5dt for me. time to move on ...

Yes on progesterone can still have early AF if it's AF. Try testing with hpt, progesterone low can cause spotting even when preg.

Yes on progesterone can still have early AF if it's AF. Try testing with hpt, progesterone low can cause spotting even when preg.
I stopped my progesterone as of this morning .. Eeeeeks .. Cannot make myself insert with AF .. lol ... I will get a hpt when I go out tomorrow. Not sure if its the progesterone .. But I'm feeling so tired and lethargic thoughout this entire 2ww .. Don't feel like doing anything at all .. My home is in a mess!

Hmmm.. Think no need hpt .. It's full flagged AF with lots of blood clots .. At least it's a closure for me .. But I think I will go for a final review with dr sadhana next wk cos I need a prescription for my metfomin. I take 500mg daily for my PCOS ..

By the way, if I am no longer TTCing does any sistas know if it is fine for me to take royal jelly as part of my daily supplements? Given I am PCOS

Hi girls,

What are your reactions to Pregnyl? This is my first ivf and I'm very scared.. The most painful part is coming soon..

I had the pregnyl before during IUI (fail) but half the dose. And I was hurting like hell already, totally in pain, feeling very hot, so painful I cannot even sleep or roll on my side even.

Also, how was the ER? What about after ER? Also in pain right???

Hi pinkbunny, I went through 1 round of SO-IUI, 2 of IVF, 3 jabs of Pregnyl altogether. I was pretty scared of the jab but they turned out fine. i chose to have them on my buttocks. The nurse at kkh night clinic where we jabbed was a delightful lady. I met the same nurse for both jabs. I self jabbed when I did SO-IUI. I iced my thigh so it wouldn't hurt. Perhaps different people react differently but there was no discomfort for me after the jab.

For my 1st IVF, I had 6 eggs, 4 fertilized. I was discharged 2hrs after ER, went home and slept like a pig thought the day. I experiened slight spotting on ER day but had no discomfort, no bloatedness, and I enjoyed my 2WW in good health.

For my 2nd IVF, I had 21 eggs with the increased in purogon. I made a pact with dr sadhana to have more eggs this cycle & was prepared for ohss. I was discharged about 2hrs after ER and again slept thought the day. This time I had spotting on day of ER, bloatedness, lower abdominal pain and cramps for quite a few days after ER. It stopped after I started on immunocol protein powder. But I feel tired & lethargic through this entire 2WW, not sure if its cos of the uterogestan I'm taking 3x a day.

For me, the worst part of the IVF was the anesthetic jab for ER (it hurts!) .. and the need to hold bladder for ET. Everything else was a breeze.

Hi Makino, thank you for your response.. it was really helpful. Seems like pregnyl was totally OK for you! It wasn't for me when I did my IUI.. closer to ovulation time it really felt unbearable and that time was only 2 eggs. Now ivf I dunno how.
You shouldn't have to worry bout eggs.. I read that in general, the lower your egg numbers, the better the quality.. that's for most people at least, but there are exceptions where some people have 30 eggs and 30 fertilized nicely, but those girls are rare. I'm also with sadhana but I barely ever see her.

Hi Makino, thank you for your response.. it was really helpful. Seems like pregnyl was totally OK for you! It wasn't for me when I did my IUI.. closer to ovulation time it really felt unbearable and that time was only 2 eggs. Now ivf I dunno how.
You shouldn't have to worry bout eggs.. I read that in general, the lower your egg numbers, the better the quality.. that's for most people at least, but there are exceptions where some people have 30 eggs and 30 fertilized nicely, but those girls are rare. I'm also with sadhana but I barely ever see her.

pregynl jab is ok for me too. my last fresh I have 38 retrieved, 32 matured & 18 fertilised, transfer 2 I still have 16 frozen. this round FET I thaw 5 out of which 3 cannot make it so transfer 2 & still have 11 frozen

Hi pinkbunny, I'm also with doc sadhana. I also have only 2 eggs during egg retrieve. I was so sad that time as I thought I would have more eggs as I got around 10 good size follicles. Lucky both my eggs manage to fertilize and can have 2 embryo transfer. Really thank god.

I was mostly reviewed by the African lady dr .. She is very nice and answers my questions well, not hurrying to whoosh me out the door. I was reviewed by Steven Teo once & I wanted to complain. He showed no interest and can't wait to send me out the door. He cant even be bothered to tell me how many follicles we are targeting even though the record was right in front of him. Hope you don't get reviewed by him. Anyway he is just an associate consultant.

ya he is the one which i rem got some bad reviews. oh no wonder my consultation always so fast. I hardly ask any question like how many are er targetting. now that u mention I got to ask tmrw when I go down again. I see dr tan sze yeun (a lady doc) twice so far and she seem like not bad willing to answer questions.

kkh is like a conveyor belt.. they just churn out ivf patients by the 100s. Don't expect quality, personalized service, doc to be on call to our sms or whatever. Frankly, I think we get what we pay for. Gov subsidizes and medisave can make our payment quite negligible compared to private docs, but the service isn't close to CARE or something.

I asked kkh if they are going to take the bloodtest for my estradiol and the nurse said no.. I wonder if that is true. From what I read, estradiol or e2 levels are supposed to signify how many quality eggs we have, and also tell the doc if we are close to OHSS. For example, a woman with estradiol 2000 has like 10 viable eggs and is ready to trigger, 200 means 1 egg. And then levels above 3000 means risk of OHSS etc.

Second thing that concerns me, throughout this whole IVF I had 3 ultrasounds, total. One baseline and 2 ultrasounds after stimming. My last ultrasound is 4 days before ER, 2 days before trigger. My biggest follicle at last ultrasound is 16.5. So they assume everything will grow nicely in time, in 4 days time to ER. But cannot really blame them also, the last time I waited for ultrasound it was 2 hours man!!! Including collecting drugs time and nurse teaching me how to do/inject time.. I spent roughly 3 hours 45 min at KKH man. Total waste of my morning. Imagine 1 review doc to handle the entire crowd at KKH each morning. Why don't they hire 2 review docs or 2 ultrasound team, I don't understand.

The only thing we got going for us at KKH is really their experience. Since they see so many girls, I hope the doc's and nurses experience is wide and far. I hope they have seen every type of case under the sun.

ya he is the one which i rem got some bad reviews. oh no wonder my consultation always so fast. I hardly ask any question like how many are er targetting. now that u mention I got to ask tmrw when I go down again. I see dr tan sze yeun (a lady doc) twice so far and she seem like not bad willing to answer questions.

Yah thats the CMI one .. Lol
Oh every visit, I will record the size of my follies on my mobile phone as the nurse reads out. Then during the review I will check again with dr which ones should be ready when, and if there is a need to increase my purogon dosage.

Last edited:
Hi Cycle Buddies...

I have finally started my journey after a month of consideration...Had one cycle of failed SO - IUI.. today if AF Day 2...Went for Detailed scan today..Lining was 3.9 with small follicles ard...On Puregon 150 units per day starting from today...Will be starting on Ganirelix inj. from day 5 onwards...So exciting...

Does anyone know roughly how long will it take for ER to take place?

hi, may i ask, for the dried red dates+dried longan, do we consume it throughout the whole cycle? We can still drink it after the iui/ivf procedure? appreciate your advise.. thanks in advance!

hihi,

i am back from my scan today after 5 days of puragon... going again for scan again on wed to check the date for ER, anyone can advise anything we need to prepare for ER. i am nervous about it...

today;s results count is 17 eggs growing ok.. keeping fingers crossed..

hi, may i ask, for the dried red dates+dried longan, do we consume it throughout the whole cycle? We can still drink it after the iui/ivf procedure? appreciate your advise.. thanks in advance!

this drink is heaty, if ur body can take it can drink daily & throughout the cycle cos it warms ur body. but if u find it too heaty, drink 2 to 3 times a week

hihi,

i am back from my scan today after 5 days of puragon... going again for scan again on wed to check the date for ER, anyone can advise anything we need to prepare for ER. i am nervous about it...

today;s results count is 17 eggs growing ok.. keeping fingers crossed..

u need to fast before ER, nurse will advise u on this. bring a pad along in case u spot after ER. u have a good number of eggs!

my er is expected to be fri or sat.

after 8 days of injection my follicles abt 10 only abt size 12mm..

im also v excited... and scared... of the result. ..

its really happening. ..

Back