IVF/ICSI Support Group

Tats wat the dr recommended. He said need to extract the best cells out from the embryo & etc then trsf. This genetic test is not available in sg yet..

Anyway i dun have much heart to listen at that moment, he said discuss further at later part.

Thanks for everyone concern . Guess the fear is over but not the loss yet.but its ok, life goes on. My dh already singing n laughing watching youtube last night.

. Today spent whole day with godson so tat i won't b home alone n mourning away.

Sunstillshines: have u done your ET? I rem u had 33 fertilized so you must have quite a lot of snow babies.

Dollygal: sorry to hear abt it, take care.

Magical, r u talking to me? Meimei is me? Lol cos I m Melmel so I m a lil confused!

I had a blood test to test fsh and amh but I didn't have a scan on Day 2 cos doc say he has seen enough all these months.. Sad!

My fsh is 11 (high) and Amh is norm range but on the lower end of the scale so dr said its low reserve as I am only 32
sad.gif

I don't know how they determine long or short but I am on long and will be higher dosage during the stim stage. $$$

We r 10 days apart! Good luck!

Chris, where did you go for your getaway? Did you cats got thinner after you return home... they must have missed your presence. Will they jump on you when you return home (my scariest part about cats...hahaha)

my doc does not want to do fresh transfer for me. She preferred me to do FET after one month and stated that lining will be more stable. Now the greatest fear is the thawing process of the frosties...

Sunstillshines, I managed to get back the refund by after lots of lies by the seller. I m exhausted too. U have stored a good number. U working huh?

Dollygal : concentrate on nurturing your health. Yeah go to miscarriage support gp. Lots of ladies able to come together for support.

FET : anyting we k prepare for FET huh?

Melmel: yes yes sorry my typo. I have not seen my report on my Amh apparently kkh was telling mine us still good so not sure why I was long protocol

Anyone feels nauseous after inserting utrogestan?

SSS, those that thaw well will be the strongest and good quality. We really need good quality embyro and have successful healthy live birth. Urs is D2/3 or blastocyst?

SSS, blood test shows that I've got mild OHSS. Around 13-14 embryos, same like you
happy.gif
doc say all blastocyst.

I'm feeling better except during utrogestan inserts, got a long wave of want to vomit feeling.

SSS: went Bangkok-Pattaya but now feel heaty and cough again
sad.gif
no cats liao. House my dog w a friend for a first time and glad all is well, haha now got another source of pet sitter for future holiday
happy.gif
I got to read all the threads I missed and glad you have 20 snow babies.. So good.

Chris, Astaris, I have 13 frozen embryos. The balanced are of the lower grade, though it was between 2 to 4 cells at day2. They were not frozen. The lab will culture them until blastocyst stage. If they survive, then the balanced will have a chance to add on to the 13 frosties.

Astaris, before my er, doc told me that she will retrieve all the follicles inside me else I will be very bloated after ER. Did you check with your doc if he has retrieved all?

Do you mean that all the 13 to 14 embryos will be cultured to blastocyst stage? Meaning during these 5 days, non of embryos are frozen?

SSS: i see, if u have 2-4cells at D2, it's not bad already I think since that means growing ya. Often even for good embryos, the % to make it to blastocyst also not high so u have good numbers there.

Hi mummies, may I know I what's the cost of ivf? I wanted very desperately to have another baby so that my first baby will not be lonely. However, my husband refuses to help. My first baby was conceived only through the use of medication. And I lost my second one through miscarriage recently. Since he refuses to help, have decided to try and see if I can get it done myself. Anything I have to tk note of?

SSS, this is my first cycle so I assumed that doc will retrieve all follicles. I wasn't even aware that embryos have grading! I've been taking immunocal, ensure and egg whites so no longer feeling bloated.

All my embyros will be cultured to blastocyst. Those that make it will either be used or frozen. I will feel more secured if some will be frozen at d2 but that option was presented. Guess not enough embryos. Nonetheless, we are just praying for one healthy live birth
happy.gif

If your remaining embryos make it to blastocyst, why don't you ask doc to check your lining and if it is good, maybe you can try fresh?

Astaris: what are these and when can we start consuming? Where can I buy these? Ensure is the milk powder? How abt immunical and egg white?

shan
if your hb refuses to help then how can you go thru ivf then? donor sperm? From what i know it's not possible unless can prove that your husband's swimmers are of very very poor quality and quantity..My advise is that to hv a good talk with your husband and see what is stopping him. There is a possibility of a psychological barrier that is stopping him in the 1st place..good luck

Lisa/magical
most sisters take the egg whites half boiled. My method is to separate the white 1st then steam lightly for a few 1-2 minutes then add soya sauce and pepper for taste. Egg whites take during stimulation stage way up til after Egg retrival also can. For immunocol and ensure i don't take so no idea.. But i think i read that OG have immonocoul while Ensure you can get in pharmacies. And yes ensure is a kind of milk powder.

Chris
wah a short getaway is always nice!! why don't you hv cats anymore gal? have they gone to kitty heaven??

Lisa, I prepared them in various forms - half boiled, fully boiled, fried etc. Some articles suggest that half boil preserve the most protein.

The objective of taking high protein food ( egg white, enure and immunocal) is to reduce bloatedness so I started after ET when I experience bloatedness. But I know of sisters who started beginning of cycle. So it really depends on your body.

This is my first cycle so I don have sucess stories to share.. yet. Ha! But you can look through the archive for good track records. I wish you all the best in your journey!

Chris, is there a reason why egg white has to be half boiled? I was thinking of cooking more hard boiled so its easier and less irky to eat. Not so gooey :D

Thanks!

Chrisl, thanks for your reply.

My mom told me this nausea feeling is a prelude to what is it like being pregnant. She said she vomited for 9 months when she had me.

Am thinking if I can change the inserts to jabs. Super leaky and messy even though I lie in bed for 1 hr after inserts.

Thank you ladies for ur kind contributions.
Wah, talking abt the methods of preparation makes me salivate! But wait till I eat the eggs so often... :p

May I know what is the difference between Lupron ans Suprefact? I realized that majority is taking Lupron n I seem to be slightly allergic to Suprefact because each time I jab, a welt forms..

ChrisL: I rehome them already but still keep in regular contact w some of them. While I still think abt keeping cats in future, I doubt I will find the lovely cats I had before.. So I likely will not keep a pure-breed le.. Maybe a stray that steal my heart down the road.. Who knows ;)

melmel
think last time someone mentioned that it's more easily digested. But for me in my 2nd cycle, in addition to the steamed eggs, i also cook in other ways like hard boil in egg sandwiches, or in seaweed soup. I suppose eggs in general are pretty easy to digest as long as not too much oil is being cooked with it. Lupron and suprefact not sure cos i hv no experience with them b4 but if you see that your skin swells maybe you want to inform your clinic? how many days are you into the jabs? If you inform now, might be a chance the doc can change the medication for you..be careful, allergic reaction cannot take it too lightly..

astaris
there's another type of progesterone -Crinone aka the gel type, i've tried this too and i think it's way better as it's not too messy as the normal pill type. You might want to try it as well but it's a tad more expensive though. Yeah, the side effects are very similar to preggy symptoms as when one is naturally pregnant, progesterone will be produced by the body. So during 2ww, we ivf ladies really go gaga over the nauseous and sore boobs symptoms. Are you in your 2ww now?

Chris
oic a pity to rehome them cos they are pure breeds. Can't they get along with your new doggie? last time from experience, best to intro them is when either one is still a kitten/puppy and intro during mealtimes
happy.gif
you're so hardworking cos dogs not easy..hv to bring for walks etc

Melmel: lupron and suprefact does the same thing - suppression.

ChrisL: my doggie isn't new, she is already 2+ and I last had cats 4yrs ago ;) ya, have dog takes more work esp the 1st yr to housebreak, obedience train and all but these are done really basically so that life gets easier for the owner when the dog becomes reliable in these areas. Recently house my dog w a friend new to my dog and my friend n family enjoy her so much, hee
happy.gif

Chrisl, great! Will ask if the clinic sells it. Not in 2ww yet, doc has placed me on progestrone first while waiting for blastocyst results. Are u cycling now?

Magical, it is up to individual to take any type of supplement, actually. Some will take all kinds of supplement and top up with tcm and accupuncture, foot massage... etc. However, not for others. So, it really depend on your choice.

Astaris, which doc are you with? Tmr will be your ET?

Yesterday morning, I got a morning msg from a friend wishing me "Happy Mothers' day!" When I asked her why she send that to me, she replied the everyone is a "mother" in a way. I think that's just an excuse...

Later I told her that Mothers' day is my most painful day and also told her that I have deactivated from fb because mothers in the fb like to post every small thing about their child on the fb and that they have the "what my child can do" attitude. Guess what? She said then I should delete those people with children from my fb. I replied her that those people with children should friend those with children so that that can compare their kids and delete those who do not have children.

What a day!

SSS, chill chill.. dun have to get so work up ya
happy.gif

btw I need to check whther is there any cramp after ER? bearable?

sss, cool down.. cool down... our turn to celebrate mother's day will come soon..
happy.gif

mei2, the cramp very individual de, but must load lots of protein and isotonic drinks..

astaris, lab called to update u already?? when is your ET??

lynhope, thanks!
happy.gif
then if that's the case I will still go back office on wed (oso to wait for KKH to cfm the ET timing)

think most ladies rest after ER, n u hv quite a good number of follicle leh... no. of follicle = poking ovary no. of time ... must rest .. must rest...

Mei2, you had your ER today? Please have lots of rest and will pray that you have good quality embryos.
I had major cramps after that and could not walk, stand or sit straight for a few days. Only got better after 3 days. And I took loads of protein and isotonic drink. Did doc say you have chance of OHSS?

Lynhope, they say they will only call me if culturing process don look good and i need to do emergency ET. Otherwise tmr will be ET day. Keeping my fingers crossed! Is your ET tmr?

SSS, will not disclose the doc due to privacy reasons but I'm with government hospital.
happy.gif
anyway, don get bothered over your friend's comments, this support group is always here for you.

Mei2, I agreed with Lynhope that cramp is individual condition. Meanwhile, take more protein. I also think you should not go to work on wed and wait for call... I don't think you will have the mood to work too. You will be staring at the phone!

Lynhope, how is your FET coming along?

lyn, hmm ok ok let me consider 1st..

astaris, ER tmr
happy.gif
doc no says about OHSS (I dun have many follicles though) *cross fingers u will have ET tmr!! hee

SSS, haha I wan to start the HL on thurs coz thinkin of comin back to work only on the 27th.. paiseh if take too long HL lo though its another 2 days more

Back