IVF/ICSI Support Group

Lavender,

I'm hanging ard at the moment. Keke...
This mth menses come then call chr.
happy.gif

Hi Cookie, AFC is Antral follicles count. Antral follicles are small follicles (about 2-8 mm in diameter) that we can see - and measure and count - with ultrasound. Antral follicles are also referred to as resting follicles.
http://www.advancedfertility.com/antralfollicles.htm

Lin, my AFC was 16 in early 2012. So although my AMH is 1.5, my gynae believes that I still have sufficient eggs. My AFC is 12 in Mar 2013 n still in acceptable range. During stimulation, there was 7 eggs But in the end 4 retrieved & 1 fertilized nia. So maybe I'm the minority that my AFC cheats on me & my gynae ? Lol.

Yo positive, I just went nuh n the dr alrdy ask me go for many many bt... But i dnt know if FSH n LH etc is included or not la... but i think shd have....I'll b doing on cd 2 of next af.

Lilcookie: no prob.. AFC is Antral follicle count. Positive have explained
happy.gif

Dreambear: going by 60-70%, yours is ok except for the fertilisation rate.

1iBB: i see, is there why u delay tho? The FSH, LH, TSH, AMH.. All are part of basic test under for Prof. I saw your list in other other thread. The karotype is not the usual one.

Sorry Chris, dnt really understand your question... R u asking me why I delay?

Hi positive, karotype is test for chromosomal abnormalities

i1bb, you're starting your next cycle! I see you've switched to NUH. Hope the change of doc n hospital will bring u success. Am excited for you! Wishing you a big fat positive very soon!
happy.gif

But then without any stim jab le. Moreover I have pcos. Wanted to do ivf ASAP as age catching up. Really hope can ivf. Iui success is low I feel

Yoyo luv, **waving frantically** how r u dear? Miss u miss u! Me haven start la... Plan to start in oct... N yes, I've switched to nuh... Just went for the very first apt at nuh on 2 April. Gotten a referral letter from polyclinic so consultation n BT shd b cheaper cos got subsidize (I think).

Hi hi positive, I have no idea how it works actually... Haha... I ISH super sotong one... Dr ask me do I do... I just follow instructions... Dr ordered a series of BT for me to do all on cd2 or cd3 of next af.... Including karotype test lor... I wonder got other sisters can enlighten us further bo...

Hi sisters, need some advice here. I am considering whether to go dr sf Loh or dr Sheila Loh for my 2nd ivf. I have read a lot on dr sf loh's patients but hardly on dr Sheila Loh. Any sisters can share their experience with dr Sheila Loh and success rate?

Hi PurpleDragon, yup i have skipped my ivf as will do it at NUH. Have managed to fix an appointment with Prof Wong on next Thu. Ya, will start my ivf next month and hope there's slot for me to start the cycle. Meanwhile, I can take this month to tio my body to increase the chance. I can't afford to lose this bbdust given it's my last attempt due to my age. Hope my switch will increase my BFP chance. As what BB said, fate also play a part... At least, I have done within my mean...

pokoyo> yee? how come we ET on same day but BT different day? My ET was 4 Apr n BT on 19 Apr. I am also with kkh, under dr sadhana. i used to be with Dr SF Loh bef he left kkh. He was well known for his magical hands, guess i was considered extremely lucky to hit the jackpot then for my 1st ivf. as it had been years, i cannot recalled much about the procedure, except that the oil based jabs were painful and pregnancy journey was pretty difficult.

Today is my 2nd day aft ET, i felt a bit cramp at my womb area, is it my imagination? shldnt have any feelings so soon, right? i oso woke up fr sleep feelin weird, abit scared...

I kwn Dr SF Loh is also against Saizen. Told me is not really proven but if i insist he will have to ask me to go for a full body check up. Just in case if i have lump in my body and then wl not be good.

Sujong - my 3rd cycle i am going to dr sheila loh to change my luck this time. She is also very famous and good....actually she is 1 year senior than Dr SF Loh. So happen both of the surname is LOH - hahahaha. Anyway, raffles charges will be more expensive than TFC. When are you starting your cycle? i will be cycle in May

Thanks asiafighter. I am thinking of starting it later part of the year. But have to start considering first while I am trying to Tio my body back.

I am thinking about raffles hospital as they have acupuncture there as well so I won't need to travel too much for the whole process.

Good luck to ur next cycle and may you graduate from here after this...hugs

Sammy: I oso had crampy feel at my lower back yesterday n had a nightmare when I woke up tis morning. Got tis weird feeling too...Guess we juz hv to b more relax.
Not sure y same ET date but BT diff. Anyway, I tink by then we will more or less knw ourselves if can bfp oreadi. Jy!

Dream bear, I think also we not respond well with stim. So follicles don't grow well. My afc only 5 but stim to 23 but all small. In the end only 5 matured. So I wonder my next is the same. Then not gd lor. Hope yr bt on Mon is gd!

Sujong - Thomson also have TCM just that you have to travel a bit from Novena dr SF Loh clinic to Thomson . I did that during my 2nd cycle - is a bit Mai fun. Unlike at Raffles is at the same building whc is easier .

Good luck to you too......hugz

Hi sisters, anyone experienced lining problems before starting stimulation? Jialat, today is my D2, supposed to start puregon today but my lining is 9mm. Doc says lining is too thick, cannot start yet. I know drinkng red bean soup will increase linng, can i eat/drink anythng to shed lining? If not, i shall really leave it to god haha. Im not thinking of accupuncture this round.

Hi lainlaine, mayb can seek TCM help? I know some of the Chinese meds got 活血effect so might b able to held u shed more lining... I also heard black fungus serve that purpose too but I m no TCM doc... Think u better ask TCM doc

Thks i1bb! Think lucrin made me stupid...forgot to call my tcm doc to ask. Just called but she left the clnic already. Anyone at dr zou's? Can help mi ask her? I changed my tcm doc from dr zou to someone else...now cannot call dr zou to chk...
I'll try eating black fungus tonight!!!

Positive, ya af starts le. Im on D2 today, but doc says linng too thick. Doc cant help too, except to review again on mon...

Hi Starry,

To acitvate yr PM, u need to go to your Profile icon. click on the following:-

Profile -> Preferences -> unchecked the box "Do not send me "Private Message" e-mails from other board users"

happy.gif

hi i just started stimming on friday on short protocol, on 200 units of puregon right now. Am doing my first IVF with Dr Tan Heng How of KKIVF. Will be going for another scan on Monday morning.

Wondersss, I also don't have frozen eggs from first round. So, have to start everything fresh now. I am no longer under TCM and I just follow my own normal routine. Hopefully everything will be alright this time.
happy.gif

Sara, I think you are right about fibroid and maybe Dr.TanHH mentioned wrongly. It should be cyst instead of fibroid. I guess so. Cross my fingers. Will verify with him again. I ever had this cyst and it was detected in Raffles Hospital but it did not pose any danger nor risk to the pregnancy. The Raffles gynae mentioned that it will flow out during menses which he was correct. I did two scans to confirm that.

Hi Nidellia, I will be in short protocol too using puregon. Can't remember the units. Will start on May. Any side effect so far as in headache, nausea etc.? Just curious, the injection using normal syringe or Gonal F type which look like a pen?

hi niko michi, only day 2..so far not much side effect..i felt thirsty though..so drank more water...the injection will be using a pen...

I1Bb: sorry for late reply.. I m wondering you hold the last fresh a few years after the 2 cycles. And u do the last cycle in oct huh. I still unsure when I will do the 3rd fresh.

Bubbli - hi & waves. Remember me? Moving my snow babies to Care and hoping to do FET in May or June Cycle. Any chance we will be cycle buddies?
happy.gif

I was just looking at my Jan bt results. Amh 29.4 and lh 5.2 2nd day menses. Then mar us soon showed afc 15 n 11. Do they look at total afc to deem it's good or not or just per side n determine. Is my lh ok??

Like u sisters mentioned am also feeling against lap. Feel like telling doc if he scared injure cyst in right ovary he can just extract follies from left. Is that ok. What will happen to the mature follies on right if left alone. Anyone knows ? I am travelling this week thus have delayed intake of bcp.

Have an appt with prof in may and hope by then doubts r cleared n can embark on a fruitful mission be it ivf or iui. Meanwhile pray hard natural strike lor.

pokoyo, do u get hungry more often? hmm, i woke up in the middle of d night hungry again. lol, i recalled only pregnant then will have such. but i kept reminding myself that symptoms cant be so fast, I may gain more michelln tyres even bef the end of 2 weeks! hahaha.

Hello ladies, 

I hv already went to kkh for an early bt yesterday. 
As kinda expected, its a bfn. 
E bleeding was indeed AF. 
Nvrtheless, I wanna thank u all for all ur advices and prayers. 
God knows best. 
We are going for our first frozen ET either may/jun.

Totally appreciate all e support from here. 
All e best to those who are trying and for soon to be mummies,have a smooth pregnancy. ;-*

I1bb!! *wave back with giant smile*
I'm doing okay.
happy.gif

Starting in Oct ah... Then u still have time to strike naturally first n.kiss goodbye to all those jabs,heheh... Be a hardworking rabbit orh... =P

Hi lainelaine, u mentioned ur lining too thick on cd2? isis have to postpone to next cycle? Or wait for few days till lining shred? Good luck!

Hi starry, I went to dr Su last Friday.. Long q... I was given powdered medi..yucks *bitter*.. Told her me gg Ivf next week so she prescribed 4 me medi to boost chance to keep body warm.. Coz too near to Ivf on need to check on hubby n acupuncture.. Pricing I think quite reasonable.

Sorry NurA, take good care. N never give up..

Hi BB, now have to wait n c if lining can get thinner. If not, i guess have to postpone bah...forgot to ask doc abt it. I've done all i can...consulted dr zou n my current tcm doc...ate black fungus last night, went for a jog this morning...if still thick by wed, i guess god dun wan me to proceed yet bah.

Most of the people are trying to increase lining yet im the opposite, irony!

Nura, lets all jiayou together!
Sisters who are going for BT tmr, all the best!

Back