IVF/ICSI Support Group

purple dragon, what is yr amh level? Of course i wan to go back work asap, i need the $ desperately for ivf treatments. But is tough to start new job and do ivf concurrently . which boss like new staff to take leave when they jus start work?

Purpledragon : yeah can feel ur stress if they do that, but if you and ur hb think can afford o stay at home for a few years should really consider... I will even miss my bonus in feb.... Don't think it's worth it if I endure n feels stressed up...

Proserpina : yes I will quit even BFP..
happy.gif
I have plans for a few years away from work ;) or do part time..

Jelly : after that no drip Liao, very quick
happy.gif
my friend has been tired, got huge Appetite n go blue veins on her breast... She is 36 also,not sure abt the support, but shoud be Sam as mine, prognova n uter-something,,,

Josephine : thanks! She is there now waiting if loos test! Fingers crossed!

Although my boss is vey supportive, but I still feel responsible or the job I do... That's y think should leave if mind not on it...
happy.gif

jelly: after ER, I was on drip. everyone also on drip until they are awake. drip will be plugged out once they offer u milo n biscuits in the recovery room. by then u will be hungry. dun try to eat/drink everything all at one go. nibble n sip slowly cos u might throw up if body is not used to GA effect + we have not eaten for the past 12hrs or so. the tip is to have ER/ET done as early as possible in the morning. then the layover without food is not so jialak.

Brchow : I think TFC is different, they don't call it GA but sedation.. So they will put the medicine in, by the time u ake up nothing attached already n don't feel too giddy
happy.gif

BrChow> cannot be lar...the HL is issued by the hospital (e.g. KKH)...they cannot dun endorse de leh...(sekali contravene MOM regulations???)

sasha, blue veins on breast is a sign of BFP...woohooo....yr fren first ivf?

Brchow, i was on drip after ER for few hours and i find it painful and uncomfy. n the drip was on my right working hand cos they cant find anymore space on left hand for the drip.
sad.gif
. And funny thing is i m not hungry at all even though i din had anything for more than 17 hours.

purpledragon: i also shock when my boss told me this so I enquire with MOM and they replied including this clause.

"The Employment Act, which spells out the rights and obligations of employers and employees and the basic terms and conditions of employment in Singapore, does not cover any person employed in a managerial or executive position. For these employees, their terms and conditions of employment are purely governed by their employment contract or negotiation/mutual agreement between the two parties."

Jelly: 4.2 if i rem correctly.
Sasah: my hb said he ok if i dont want work. But myself, i just half hearted. Haha... Fickleminded me.

I abit scared of the er. Sedation very scary. I underwent lap twice, ops twice so really scared of ga.

purpledragon, if yr reading is 4.2pmol/l , then its low, but dun worry, i heard that these days they are getting better at making women produce eggs. U undergo lap for ?

Sasha: yes KK call it sedation also. rem I freaked out on this forum Sandra n u comforted me??? actually, they inject into my hand then also give me gas to smell.

jelly: the nurse who did the needle for me was good but somehow, needle din adjust sui sui, so when anesthetist administer the jab, it was pain also and i told him. But he damn nice gave me something to numb that area of my needle then con't with the jab n put gas mask over my nose. Nx minute I already in recovery room liao n I saw the drip.

Girl^girl & purpledragon: I will copy n paste the reply from MOM in here shortly to share with everyone. a bit long bear with it.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and going for my first ivf next mth. I did my iui this month with clomid but I think it's unsuccessful. My doc wants to do my ivf with minimal stimulation and would start with clomid from day 2-6 (again!?!?!!!!) plus injections from day 2 on my own. Any idea is this call a long or short protocol? What kind of injections will I b having? I've not heard of ivf with clomid.

For all sister interested to know:

Dear BrChow

We refer to your email dated 15 Nov 2012.

Under the Employment Act, the employee is entitled to paid sick leave/hospitalisation leave, if he meets the following qualifying conditions :

(a) Has served the employer for at least 3 months; and

(b) Has informed or attempted to inform the employer of his/her absence within 48 hours

(c) The sick leave is certified by the company's doctor or by a government doctor(including doctors from approved public medical institutions) when company doctors are not readily available. If the company does not have appointed doctors, the sick leave must be certified by a government doctors(including doctors from approved public medical institutions).

Therefore we are of the view that as long as the employee satisfies the above qualifying conditions, he/she would be entitled to paid sick leave/hospitalisation leave, regardless of the reason for the sick leave/hospitalisation leave.

The list of public medical institutions include:

1. Alexandra Hospital

2. Changi General Hospital

3. Institute of Mental Health / Woodbridge Hospital

4. Jurong Medical Centre

5. KK Women's and Children's Hospital

6. National Cancer Centre

7. National Dental Centre

8. National Heart Centre

9. National Neuroscience Institute

10. National Skin Centre

11. National University Hospital

12. NHG Eye Institute

13. Singapore General Hospital

14. Singapore National Eye Centre

15. Tan Tock Seng Hospital

16. The Cancer Institute

17. The Heart Institute

18. All polyclinics under the National Healthcare Group

19. All polyclinics under the Singapore Health Services

20. Khoo Teck Puat Hospital.

In the situation highlighted, you will be entitled to paid hospitalisation leave provided you fulfill the above qualifying conditions and have not fully utilised your entitlement of 60 days hospitalisation leave (inclusive of 14 days outpatient sick leave) in a year.

The Employment Act, which spells out the rights and obligations of employers and employees and the basic terms and conditions of employment in Singapore, does not cover any person employed in a managerial or executive position. For these employees, their terms and conditions of employment are purely governed by their employment contract or negotiation/mutual agreement between the two parties.

Jelly: I went lap cos of endo cyst. Doc told me I should be on long protocol for ivf. More drugs needed. I seeing him next mth again to make necessary arrangments.

BrChow> better check with MOM directly..i just feel that HL should be recognized as per same status as other types of leave lar...

Clucky> the injections on Day 2 is Lucrin?

A note to add is that if not on IVF, the above will apply to most employees regardless of positions held in company, should they be given HL. During my laparoscopy, my boss did gave me 14 days of HL.

BrChow, thks for the info. I still under probation. The co 6 mths probation. I with them for 5 mths liao. Mc still unpaid. I checked, if HL, also unpaid.

purple dragon, r u with NUH? did doc say y u were on long protocol instead of short. I heard most patients are on short protocol in nuh , so less injections n lower cost.

I m curious how they schedule what type of protocol for what type of patients.

jelly, follicles size still ok..
RO: 12, 12, 12, 12.5
LO: 16,16, 11

Spotted a new egg on the right @ 11mm..hopefully have more to go.. my hubby want 十兄弟。。。whahaha

purpledragon: yes, if still under probation, no leave of all sorts unless compassionate leave

sometimes, i just think, senior exec or managers not human being is it? No nd to give birth is it? y these 2 groups of ppl not covered by govt employment act... very strange...

Jelly: yup. I'm with nuh. Dr said due to low amh so i will be on long protocol. But he mentioned i am ovulating every mth. I did iui twice by him.

wonderss, yr right follies quite even, ya. that's very good..when is yr next scan? by monday, yr follies shd b good enuff for harvesting and yr lining will continue to grow..u r reaching yr goal soon
happy.gif

Purpledragon,

Oh i think u mentioned u're under dr chew right? Well, i quit in july supposed to start ivf in aug, end up had cysts had to go for lap in sep.. Supposed to then do ivf in dec but now i postponedto feb cos prof not ard for dec.. I guess really cannot plan too much.. So many unforeseen circumstances..

Jelly : yes her first one also
happy.gif
hehe

Purpledragon : I know what u mean, but for me now is family first bah, career I can always build back again hehe

Clucky : welcome! When will u test or iui? As for IVF maybe cos u reacted well with clomid bah, hence cont with it n injection..

Brchow : wah so bad... Are u looking at quitting? If so might as well since ur probation within 6 mths... Yeah iui know wt u mean, horrible...

Sandra : yeah urs is the same as mine, the anestician is so gd, if u get dr chan, he's very gd n painless when he put the needle
happy.gif
think will test next Monday ah... Actually ordered cheapees from Internet see how hahaha
happy.gif
my friend blood taken liao n they will call her later
happy.gif

Purpledragon : if u can't claim might as well resign....

Wondersss : u have more follies then me last time! I m sure when ER will get a lot more, some follies have 2 eggs inside
happy.gif

Sandra : I think she only have about 15 but only 3-4 fertilized like mine, she also nothing to freeze n put in 2... Grading don't remember liao

Jelly > Thanks for e info. But dun Tik I will take conceive well cos I'm taking TCM n dun wanna overdose myself w supplements. My wounds still abit pain, neck & back aching & sore throat. Other than these, I'm ok. Just can't run yet lah, lol.

I strongly agree that it makes alot of difference with having an understanding boss. My work is also v stress, but once I'm on leave/HL/MC for ivf, I will let go of everything & concentrate on my treatment. I'm a civil servant & there was a change in HL recently. When I did my ivf in Aug, my HL was not recognised and was treated as MC cos I was not hospitalised & cos my HL was prescribed by a private hospital, ie Mt E. PSD recently enhanced some rules as they recognised that more people are getting treatment from private hospitals & we will be asked to rest at hm rather then stay in hospital, hence they backdated this policy to Jan this yr. Now my HL is considered as HL n not MC anymore. It makes alot of difference as big bosses & HR will look at HL differently from MC.

sasha, so envy your courage to quit job!

Jelly, PM Lee said ho, singapore will soon to become a retirement home oweing to low birth rate! keep saying and saying! why he can't understand what we've been thru?

education cost is so high! infant care cost 1k, then diapers le, milk powder le, insurance..etc etc! how can a singapore effort more than 2 kids. those are root cause problem.

Sasha: no lah... i with company for coming 9yrs liao so dun think i will leave cos nd $ for IVF treatment. just b thrifty lor.

dreambear: ya civil servants r a bit better. my friend in pte sector but working for insurance company also good. everything cover sui sui one. mc, hl, dental even make specs also cover u know...

ladies, thank q for all the help n encouragement... I also dont want to think too much liao...
Just wondering what is the lining for?? issit to hold the egg??? If is to hold the egg.. means is good to grow until ET???

i think govt should endorse HL for IVF treatments or MC for pregnancy checks if they want birth rate to go up. also give more monetary support to ladies on IVF program. Not easy for all of us here to go thru so much n yet get discriminated at work. It's no fault of ours if we can't conceive naturally. Sorry just wanna divert n blah a bit.

Saggiegal: thanks for ur reply. I hv not asked the nurse wat the injections would be cos she is too busy to take my call but u might be right. Is this combination common?

Sasha: hi Sasha I've not tested on my iui yet today is day 12 past the iui. I dun think I hv succeeded. No symptoms and I seem to be spotting pink. I had a miscarriage before when I try naturally so I know how pregnancy feels like. I had 3 mature follicles with clomid but I think the doc is a little late when doing my iui. Was done abt 44 hrs after trigger. All eggs were released as shown my the scan that day. But the doc said just right wor...

Sandra : your hubby. Funny hahahahaha I was knocked out very fast also hahaha. My friend says she has just been given a jab
happy.gif
she got some slight red staining and some brown spotting.. Waiting for BT.. So early what's the good rate for HCG?

Proserpina : maybe I have seen so many cases with regret ba, that's why very sure about it this time
happy.gif
I was just promoted last year, but I preferred to be promoted to a mother's status hahahah

Brchow : icic! Hope they will change their mind on the HL and u can get it! And I agree with additional support for ladies trying to have babies...

Wondersss : linin acts as a cushion for embryo to implant and stick on
happy.gif
so mus make it cushy for the embryo
happy.gif

Clucky : still got chance as long as the evil witch don't show
happy.gif
pink is good also and implantation is from 6-12 days mah! Pray hard for you ok!
happy.gif
are u going to test today? 3 is good! With clomid to yield 3 good follies is very good result, I think maybe ur doc don't want to over stimulate ur eggies that's why combining bah, better to ask what injection is that..

Sasha! totally agreed your point of view! my boss knew my situation and i also got promoted after IVF treatement whish i really dont want. i also want to promoted be a mother.

i used to travel for business, i quit that dream job because want to stay at home more with DH for ttc, eventually after 2years, i do not have any news yet! but i do not regret.

Thanks for the encouragement Sasha. But I'm not stressing myself out by testing. Will wait it out. The test kit not cheap leh ;p btw I see u giving great advice to the gals, which stage r u in now? Or graduating soon?

Hi Sasha, stay zen and positive. I'm sure u will or who knows u get even better results than ur friend's. I think I will do e same thing as u in my real 2ww.

Thanks Clucky!
happy.gif

Leor : the HCG250 is for which day blood test? Cos she only 11dp2dt ,maybe still early? She was ask to go back next wk on day 17

Lol okok I will tell her! Hopefully by then will rise n rise!!!
happy.gif
I hope I get good numbers when I go next Monday! Pray hard hard!

Qegg : how are you now? Test?.

Back