IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ad,
I wanted to start in oct, but Dr loh advised not to. afraid that my lucrin depot may not last more than 3 months.

Yvonne my dear where hv u been? Busy with work?
So sad lei, no menses still already day 36. Worst still no sign that it is coming. Was quite confident that it will not delay too long cos i was never more than 30 days guess i am completely wrong. Xia Rong medicine does not help right?

Thanks for the info abt accup, didn't know cos was to early to discussed abt it when i see Dr Xia the last time. You starting FET very soon? To do FET naturally we hv to go to clinic for scanning regularly like every 2 days? Thought of going for short holiday from 21 to 24 oct (don't know what PH is that) but do not want to crash with FET.

Renee,

Sorry to ask what is menopause mode? I still hv no menses does that consider menopause mode. Actually another problem is i do not hv mood for sex, so dry down there. I told hubby i am a menopauser now! Hv u girls experience this (very personal question, sorry)

Renee,
I'm interested in the Jarkata nest. Please help me buy hor. Thanks!
happy.gif

So you're doing short protocol this time? Any reason why?

bba,
it's ok to ask.... my case is i took the 3 month supression jab. so i not much mood for ML. and it's quite dry.did you take the same jab too? if not, how come down there dry leh?

Yvonne,

Tue midnight i read yr posting, this morning i hv my menses! Big kiss to you. Never felt so happy to hv menses in my life. Looks like FET can only be in NOV now. Finally 4 days rest from that chinese herbs, not easy to drink lei.

Ad,
can, if my fren is coming to singapore i will ask her to buy. you are not in the hurry to eat right?

mine is not short protocol. just that i already have the 3months supression so now no need lucrin and straight to puregon. in fact, it should be a v v long protocol.

Renne,

During my IVF with Lucrin & Puregon my body already changed like i menopause. I put on weight, migraine, high blood pressure, hot body, dry everwhere, it was terrible. It reminds me of my mother! Since than it starts to dry
sad.gif
Today i hv my menses hopefully my body will be back to before.

Come to think abt it this whole IVF is really a great experience. Never imagine my body can react so differently. Even this time, i do not even hv a single pimple on my face indicating AF coming.

Hv u come across a blog from this Ang Moh lady sharing her IVF experience? She mentioned that is good to climax before ET, something abt relaxing our uterus. Of course she became pregnant. Hi Hi maybe next time can try.

Anyone know whether how many eggs we can produce for the first IVF?
I'm very confuse abt the D3 and D5 transfer. I read that D5 has higher chances. If got many eggs I will try D5 transfer.

BB,

yes, been very busy for work and rushing to finish some work too before I go phuket tmr night, I will go for my day 9 scan to see how the follicle cos I took serophene for ovulation, I cannot go back for scanning after tmr till monday, so if doctor really needs me to go back on Fri and Sat to do scanning instead of wait till mon, then I will do naturally in Phuket, dun waste it mah since got ovulate and schedule for next mth to take serophene and do FET.

it is quite normal to feel all the symptons that you have, I took clomid for 6 mths before and I felt the same as you do, hot flushes, bad mood, acne outbreak etc... dry? yes, ever since all the treatment, I thought it is becos, body too tense, do only when schedule so lose mood for it, now at least i got some clue :)

make sure you tell xia rong about your plan, you need to change different type of medicine too for b4 ovulate and after ovulate.

Wanbb,

how many eggs depends on your body reaction to the injection, 10 to below 25 shd be okay, my personal views, anything above 25 eggs, you might have overstimulation and need to abort the treatment, that is not so good news, that's why your doctor will monitor your blood and thru scan, prescribe you with the dosage for injection to avoid over stimulation.

whether use day 3 or day 5 embryos? the decision is best leave it to the embryologist who take good care of your embryos, they will decide base on the grade of your embryos and how it is doing too. day 1 cells split into two, day 2 cells split into 4 and day 3 cells split into 8 and so on and so on till it becomes foetus :) yeah! preception is day 5 embryo since can continue to grow outside till day 5 indicate that it might be stronger and thus better so higher chance of continuing to grow in your womb. hope that answer you.

BB,
to wat i know puregon suppose to mak us more woman. that's where we are able to produe more eggs.... where lucrin is th one tat cos us dry and go into menopause state.

climax will cos our womb to contract leh.

pls take note that day 5 embryo may not be able to survive after ET as it's been growing outside the womb which the temp and environment are different. Aslo there will be a risk of womb lining gets too 'OLD' for day 5 embryo. At the end have to waste the cycle.

Renee,
Ya during climax contract very intense than after that very relax mah. Aiya no harm trying.

Yvonne,
You very smart hor. Good good, try very hard at Phuket ok. Seafood there very good so feed your hubby with lots of prawns, heard is gd for men
:)

WanBB,
Add. to Yvonne & Renee posting, to gv u a better picture, here is the result of my 1st IVF.
14 eggs recovered
11 eggs mature
8 eggs Fertilised
7 embroys Cleaved but 1 stop @ 1-cell stage
3 embroys Transferred
3 embroys Frozen

Yvonne, I always thought the more the merrier. Even can have up to 30 eggs. So it's not the case... What will happen if overstimulated?

Renee I got this from the net which says that d5 is just nice for the implantation and D3 embryos is good in womb yet... :
The primary reason embryos do not make it to the blastocyst stage is because they do not possess the necessary genetic instructions for continued growth. No one can change or improve the genetics of an embryo. Assuming the lab is competent (and most are), there is no "risk" associated with continuing to culture the embryos to the blastocyst stage. I think you're making the false assumption that the embryos are better off in your uterus on day 3. They're not. Under natural conditions, the embryo remains in the Fallopian tube until the fifth day of development (blastocyst stage). The uterine environment on day 3 is not the same as the Fallopian tubes. When sequential culture systems are employed to grow the embryos to the blastocyst stage, the conditions in the laboratory more closely resemble the Fallopian tubes. Therefore, the embryos are better off in the lab for day 4-5 of development.

BB, yours is d3 transfer?

Anyone have D5 transfer? I heard the sucess rate can be as high as 80%.

wanbb,
yes you are right .... But you must take the consideration of your womb lining. If it gets too thinck your cycle will be terminated.And there will be a risk of embryos cant develope further aft day 4. So it will go to waste.especially those who don have many eggs retrieved.

wanbb,
i was given a choice too during my 2nd ivf. But aft the nurse advised me abt lining too 'OLD' and may risk the chance ,I din not go for day 5 embryo. Also, my Dr also said the chance still the same as 35%.... He had 2 patietns who op for blastocys. but both did not make it at the end.

y the way I have learnt that IVF is something abt HENG SUAY. So let's not dwell too much into which/what is better.
there were ppl wt grade 2 embryos yet made it!

Renee, therefore they recommend those with at least 10 good eggs to do the day 5 transfer. I have a lining problem.. My womb lining always very thin.. I think it's due to the clomid I took. wonder if it will recover by itself.

-The point of growing embryos to the blastocyst stage in the laboratory is to deliberately weed out the embryos that do not have the genetic potential for continued growth. The "risk" you speak of doesn't really exist. If they're gonna make it, they do. If they don't, they don't. Of course, there's always the "risk" that no embryos make it to the blastocyst stage in the laboratory, but (because the problem is related to the genetics of the embryo, not culture conditions in the laboratory) they wouldn't have made in the uterus either.

So might freeze wrongly, embryos that do not have the genetic potential for continued growth. In the end waste money cos they might not survive the freezing and thawing also.

Renee, But normally embryo also implant on day6 onwards. How come lining will be too old on day5? Are you given a choice cos you have good embryo which can grow to blastocyst stage?
OVerseas can freeze or transfer at D3 and leave some embryo to grow until D5 then transfer or freeze. I don't think singapore Dr will make an effort to do this. Abit troublesome.

WanBB,

If sucess rate is 80% for D5 transfer, why so many clinics still transfer on D3?

I transferred on D3. Are u with Dr Foong? (can't remember) Anyway u should discuss with yr doc and let him decides what is best. Prof told me D3 and D5 no diff so we put in D3. Of course i can insist for D5 but would i want to take the risk against his recommendation?

If i changed doc. in the future and he wants to put in on D5 I will do it for sure.I remember Yvonne mentioned before that she has a few frozen that are D7.

YPMK

Mine are 8 cells - 5 good & 1 so so

BB, I got the information from http://sharedjourney.com/articles/3vs5.html . me also blur blur abt such things. I heard Dr foong prefer D3 transfer.

Quote wedsite-Why aren't all programs doing this? There are numerous reasons for continuing to perform day three transfers: its cheaper, its less work for the lab, lower liability because the lab has the embryos for a shorter period of time, everybody makes it to transfer, if the cycle doesn't result in a pregnancy, the program can still look good, etc. You'll notice I didn't say anything about a day 3 transfer improving your chances of getting pregnant - it doesn't. The reason programs continue to transfer day 3 embryos is because its more convenient for the lab and the docs.

wanbb,
yes, if the embies make it they make it, if they don they don. But who can tel which can or cannot make it? that's y the RISK is there. So whatever the risk nurse explained to me does exit. otherwised like BB said, all drs would go for blastocys. By the way, genetics analysing still not exercise in singapore yet. So it's still have to count on day by day growing of the embrie hope can make it to blastocyst.

I was given choice becos I had many eggs retrieved. the linig will grow thicker day by day even aft ER. the ideal reading is 8-13mm(if not wrong) unless your lining still not too thick by the time embryos grow to day5 stage then you can choose to go for blasto I guess. the best is folow our Drs advice. Whatever i could explain was all from my Dr and nurse at KKIVF.

The chinese sinseh I been seeing she said the only way to imprve lining is take chinese med. But again durg IVF we are not suppose to take that. sigh.....
sad.gif

BB
I think you got really good embies there. It is not that easy to get embies with 8 cells and all of yours are 8 cells and of good quality. Are you 35 this year? What did you do that make your egg quality good? What is your reason for IVF?

Hi Yvonne,

Have a good trip in Phuket, my mum and sister also going Phuket today, and staying at western Phuket resort. I suppose to join but due to IVF in process so I have to called off the trip
uhoh.gif

Hey ladies, jus to share: I have 28 eggs retrieved, and I have initiately thought that it was good to produce many eggs also...lucky the doc nvr stop me from the treatment. But I am obedience coz i really drink plenty of water (even now) as adviced so as to drain off the hormones as I was told that I was at high risk of OHSS! I do feel cramp every now and then, but the cramp is still bearable lah! I also need to go for Progesterone injection every AM since ET. Even I have to wake up every morning at 6am, But i tell myself is all worth cos i really hope to have my own BB. (Cos my wking hour is 830am, then avoiding the ERP charges at 730am, so my hubby and I decide to make the jab at 730am every am
blush.gif
)...Tml my last day of the jab...and the BIG day is getting closer.

Tell u all something stupid I did for the last 15 days, I been talking to my embryos every AM, though i noe they can't hear but it just make me feel better
embarrassed.gif
kinda of push me on
kao_sticktongue.gif
... I am praying every day...really hope to share the good news with u ladies tis wkend!!! Cheers...

Hi Renee,

I have not did any test...but just trying to stay positive...so as to make myself feel better....Rmbr, U told me to relax as wat will happen already happen..so just crossing my fingers now....

Jus hope that I can be 'mentally stable' on tat BIG day also...right now no symptons at all other than ocassionally tummy cramps. :p

Nanz,

Not stupid! My hubby also talk to my tummy every morning before he goes to work when i am zzzing. He always say "see u guys soon!'' Me terrible, want to say but don't know how to baby talk.Wah wake up at 6am? You tough girl! Yes we look forward to rec yr gd news. Good luck.

WanBB,

For my case, Prof decided to transfer & freeze D3 even before ER, not like he see the embries first than decide. When is yr next appt with Dr Foong? Maybe can share with us after yr discussion with him abt D3 or D5 transfer ok?

YPMK,

No special diet or chinese herbs for me before IVF. Was quite Blur blur abt everything cos i did not say to anyone abt my IVF. Only after i failed my IVF and with many good advice rec fr the sisters here, i start chinese herbs and reading fertility bk, a little too late
happy.gif

Good embies but still failed my IVF lei. Our problem is bad sperm quality. I hv this book "Fit for fertility" by Michael Dooley and there is a chapter on eating for fertility. If u want to try out can get it fr Times bookstore $28.30

Nanz,
very good attitud towards the whole IVF thingy. I'm sure you can make it.
happy.gif

your breast must be sore i think? are you still bloated?

BB,
thanks, I just dumped my umbrella into my bag, hope it will not rain else, i have nothing to do liao :-(, plane took off at 7pm, now 5 pm, still at home, just got back from work doing last min packing and hb still at work, hope we can catch the plane, but we stay very near to airport lah.

Gals,

whether it is better to put in D3 or D5 embryos? this million dollar question better leave it to the professional, the doctors and embryologist took some many years of research to reach to today's stage so they know best, if your doctor says transfer on D3, just transfer on D3 lor and if he says transfer on D5, then transfer on D5 lor, have confident on your doctor's and embryologist's views. I strongly believe they have good reasons for you to transfer on D3 or D5, (however not very convinced on the reason why they transfer D3 is becos it is easier for the lab and doctor :)Too many things to worry already, just relax!

Who cares of the grade of the embryos, as long as they get embedded, they are all superb to me :)

The only way that we can help ourselves is not to get too tense, stress up. My chinese physician said the chinese medicine for me is for whole well being and also relax, if your muscle is not relax, then the embryo cannot get embedded.

No need to worry that your linning will be thin when doing ET cos your doctor will monitor that, they will make sure that your linning comes to a min of certain thickness before ET too, even though your doctor did not tell you, he does monitor on this during the scanning.

renee, bb,

went for scanning, left and right ovaries got small follicles so i can go back for scanning on Monday, shd not ovulate by then and then after ovulated, wait for 5 or 6 days, they will put it in :) I am going to relax, relax, relax, go for nice dinner after the transfer and then relax and relax :)

Renee, i heard KKIVF also do D5 transfer.

BB, i'll ask Dr foong abt it then tell you all. I think alot of the factors must be consider if you wan to grow it til blastocyst stage. I think the quality, quantity, age, etc... Next week I have an appointment. So will update next week! hee hee...

Renee,

No I dun feel anything at all now. All so normal for me today! Check with the nurse tis AM and was told everybody react differently. So can't tell physically whether pos or neg. Hiaz me damn terok, if got cramp scare is it menses coming, but when no cramp then think is it no implant? Very contradicting hor! So right now, have to wait till the blood test lor. They have ask me if i wan a test today, but i told them 'no'..jus follow the schedule..actually i'm getting nervous liao even I try to stay relax!...think the worst time will be the 3 hours wait time after the blood test.

BB, thanks for the wishes.
happy.gif

Renee,

I tried your Japanese Cheeze Cake recipe.....it is okay, except that the cake did not rise much......my sister in law commented that the cake is not too cheezy given I only added 80g of cream cheeze.....

U got any other light cheeze cake recipe?

Cheers!

nanz,
yes i can understand your feelings. Well that shows that your are normal!! ha ha..... not all ppl get cramp when there is implantation. so just stay relax. and look forward to your good news ya!

MK,
if you want a light cheese cake the cheese ratio to the recipe cant be much. otherwise it will not be LIGHT. Japanese cheese cake is not meant to be very cheezy anyway.

It din rise properly because you din beat the white firm or the cheese batter din beat light enuf? And also must not over mix both the white and cheese mixture. Actually, you need to see how it's been done to achiv the right result. and you must not remove the cake before it cools down.

Sorry, don mind I ask, do you often bake?

I don have any other light cheese cake recipe. if you wan strong cheese taste then you have to go for new york cheese cake already.
happy.gif

BB,
yes, in fact oven cooking is very good. the only thing is the cleaning part.

you can grill beef, wings, baked potatoes,herb chicken...

Hi Renee,

I like to bake but not bake very often, only when I am free and feel like doing so....

Okay, maybe in future, you can organise a cooking class and all can watch you bake the cheeze cake....

Ya loh, nothing beats than seeing the real process of baking the cheeze cake.

Cheers!

Back