IVF/ICSI Support Group

sometimes we go out also seldom talk. i dunnoe why he spend so much time on fb. maybe he chit chatting with other ppl. Like he a few days ago, saying my jabs are very ma fan etc...
sad.gif

for the past week at home, i keep crying and crying. my inlaws are not that understanding as well. keep cooking those very oily food and end up i had diarrhoea
sad.gif

fyi, i am nt staying with inlaws..

Sunniehope, not start cycle so soon cos I just fail it in July ...
I also like sport , like jogging but the hazy weather really make me ' nua'..
Joyhope, yes, cooking , I like eating ... Hee...
Girl girl, my hb also everyday work late de... Didn't talk much with him also ... Think he only come back to eat dinner, take bath,& sleep , next day leave home early morning ... Sigh...

Girl > Can I ask if your DH is keen on your ivf journey? Don't take it too hard about your in-laws cooking, just entertain them with few bites, at least you're not staying with them.

Hi AmaziGrace

Glad you feel better. I took the antibotic when I went home. Next day I took the pain killer even though I don't feel any pain but for precautious. I will stop taking pain killer today. The antibotic has to finish the course.
Hmmm, why your appt is so far away. Your wound are ok right? I request for the lap cos I had 2 failed ivf and dr loh found Endo at my left tube and clear it
happy.gif

Snoopy> we share the same pattern for DHs.

JoyHope> he seems sad when doctor revealed that the main reason for infertility lies with him. but is keen to try it out. But suffering is me
sad.gif
(not very fair!!)... my MIL still say if no appetite, i fry egg for u...but i alrdy take egg liao, cannot even finish.

Girl > Try to be softer towards him. Mens ego is a very big deal to men. Seems to me he's retreating into his own space... men from mars like to retreat when faced with suitations they don't know how to face or handle. Maybe give him some time to come to terms with himself... men will talk when they're ready. With your in-laws, can you just tell them what you wish to eat instead of them guessing?

JoyHope> i dun have a say on what i want/wish to eat. Last time when i working, i sometimes eat kaya toast before gg over there for dinner. coz dun really like the food...

haiz. i know man's ego...

I also failed 1 fresh n 1 FET, n I hv hydrosalnix prob. I hv to
Clear it if nt it lower my chances of success. Hopefully recovery is fast n I can proceed with my FET again. Will consult Dr Loh when I c him on Thurs! Let's jia you tog!

Girl, i also dont like my MIL's cooked food! so i will ask my DH to tell her we eat out and bring her along too..

My MIL likes to cook white cabbage soup for me..i told her very "liang", she will said wont la!! sigh! but luckily i am not staying with her also. So i can cook my own simple dinner.

Dont think too much ya!be happy..playing game or chit chatting is another way to release stress ma..after releasing stress then his troops will be stressfree and swim freely
happy.gif

Wonderssss, let me check the expiry date then pm you
happy.gif

Hi sisters, just finished seeing dr sadhana.. I will start ivf long protocol this oct... Haha exactly 2 years since I last embarked my 1st ivf. She is not keen to do day 5 embryo transfer if I want to transfer 2 embryo . Ask me to think abt it. Reason being that my 1st baby was born prematurely on 36week 1 day and if kanna twin will even premature earlier... That is her main concern.
My rational is if I have enough embryos I want to try day 5 to increase the chances cos my embryo cannot take the frozen stress so no point freezing them. Might as well use most of it to harvest till day 5 then transfer. If u in my shoe how?

Hope4baby, wow.. u are the same doc with me!!! u sound so profound lor..like u know alot...
happy.gif
Is your last bb is natural or ivf??

Dr Sadhana say that i try short protocol & one of my friend say short protocol have many failures...
sad.gif

Any sisters here gone thru short protocol and succeed.. i feel the uncertainty now
sad.gif

My first bb ivf by dr loh... Ya I been through it b4 ma.. Haha
She told me to do long protocol since last round ok for long protocol but she going to increase my dosage..

Wondersss > Is this your first try? I had read that most start on long protocol though cost is higher. I'm starting on my first try with long protocol. According to the doctor, this is a more controlled method... which i'm not sure what it means. Did your doctor why short protocol?

sunstillshines, bb, joyhope, asiafrighter: are we all under dr loh? ytd i went see him and waited 2 hrs too! i had lap on the same day as sunstillshines. he said normal to have bloated stomach, and shld get better. i had 3 incisions, the one on the right is still bright red now.. my pain travels ard leh. last 3 days pain at belly button, tday is wound on left and right side. i had side effect from the painkiller from hosiptal and nv take since discharged. i am just wondering why the nurses at hospital said my giddy and nauseous aft i took the painkiller when i was warded, is not due to the painkiller, when dr loh said it is when i asked him ytd. the nurses shld highlight to the dr right? and maybe change my painkiller, then i dun need suffer pain for last wk?! i dun really like the hospital service, find them too slow to respond.. ytd i saw one patient husband scolded the patient service centre staff as he waited 1 hr to get his bill..

sunstillshines: u got the bill already?
bb: hw much is ur total bill?

amazing grace: are u feeling better already? ur fever cud be the wound infection but i hope its not... u will see yr dr earlier? r u with dr loh too? yes the painkiller is v strong, and i had weak gastric too, so i also cant take. nurse also told me to take panadol wic sometimes i also have side effects.

Brownpanda: u did lap with dr loh 8 days ago? Sunstillshines and me did on 19 aug..

dreambear: dr zou last time also advice me nt to go lap, cos she scared may have scaring. even when i had dermoid cysts and polyp. but aft 3 yrs trying and failed IUI, i decided to go lap. i went to dr tan siew bouy (tcm dr mark lee was seeing), she adviced me to do lap, cos she said those unwanted things shld nt be inside. i had concern cos i am weak and i had heart condition wic is more prone to infections, but aft seeing her for 8 mths still no gd news, so decide to do lap. my b fren also decided to do lap now after 2 failed fresh ivf and 1 FET.

ya i also pissed off with the ndp speech. he only mentioned abt the "young couples", what abt us? who truely want to have kids but are struggling, emotionally, and financially if they can help us? i wonder why they dun target us? Where can we voice our opinions? but i know they usu take along time to implement any new policies..

Thks Joanne for sharing with us, congrats to u! good luck to those in their 2ww!!

Serene.... Take care & rest well for ur 2ww.  Wow, 15 eggs!!
I'm also working in stat board. My boss is a young guy n I must say I'm very fortunate to be working under him. He is very understanding & after failing my last ivf, I've already told him I'm gog for my next round soon. He didn't give me any black face n is very supportive. Of cos, I worked hard for him b4 I embarked on my ivf journey lah
happy.gif

Kittykatty: thks! U mean u take ensure milk while trying naturally? Or during ivf? I didn’t take conceive well cos I took and constipated. Its v heaty leh. I only taking coq10. did u take EW before ur ivf? Hw many per day? Dr loh said EW is only when doing ivf leh?? ytd i asked him, he said can eat tofu also while i heard some say while trying, better to avoid. chicken also he said can eat...

joyhope, this is my first ivf n when i ask dr sadhana which protocol will i hve she say short... but i forgot to ask her y.. i did google n it shows that low amh levels most likely is short protocol... im confused..
sad.gif

Lin > I'm not with dr loh

Serene > Take care during the 2ww, and hope to hear good news soon

Wondersss > How's your amh level, is it on the low side? I read that some are on protocol due to time constraint as its a shorter process. Frankly, i'm also curious how doctors determine the type of protocols for each individual patient.

joyhope: wic dr u are with? u just had lap?
same as u, i quit 2yrs ago to ttc but also haiz. i still remember that when i took my wedding leave, my boss still call me evday, and asked me to help. so i helped, but in the process, i loss my proposal diamond ring, cos i was so kan chiong to complete the work that my boss wanted me to email to her!! there is no work life balance at all. and the day b4 i was to go back to work aft wedding, my boss called me again, asked me to work, at 8pm!! omg.

to those doing lap: try to eat alot of fish aft the procedure, esp toman fish (sheng yu / snakehead) as they aid in wound healing. one wk aft opt can drink fish essence.

amazing grace: for the first wk, i slept on the back without moving too.. u can try to call the clinic in the morning, think morning less crowded.

Lin > I'm with a doctor from mount e, don't want to list the name here until there's progress. I did lap 1.5 years ago with another doctor at TMC. There was a stretch of period that I had to work 15 hours a day. It was crazy. If its a true crisis I understand, but the hours I feel were unnecessary as it was due to the conflicting views and politics of the two big bosses. Tough to be sandwiched between them.

Hi ladies, looking for cycle buddies in sept! Anyone cycling next month?

Just sth to share...attended an ivf seminar last sat, there was sth I find it interesting, whether is the 'seeds' (embroys) or 'soil' (lining) more impt factor contributing to the success rate. Based on research the answer is the 'seeds'!

Jia You for all ladies cycling now!

Lin: I started taking ensure milk during the start of IVF journey. About 2-3 days once. Once stimulation I take it more frequent and after ET is daily. It helps implantation. Yes. Conceive well it's heaty for me too. So I take once or twice a week. During the start of suppression/ Lucrin stage can start EW. But really no harm to start earlier like 2 EW per day. EW needs to be increase during and after stimulation all the way till 2ww. How many EW depend on individual. The max the better. I manage to take 6EW max only. Cos jelak already. Many sisters can do better than me. I guess everything can eat but moderately. But, no cold drink. No good for womb.

Dian_tang, a study was done on older women using younger women good quality embroys and the implantation rate for these older women are high. From this study, it can be said that embroys quality have a major impact to implantation rate. Hope this clarify!

Hi bigbear,

The seminar is at nuh by prof wong right? Cos he told us the exact same thing, and showed us the statistics to prove it
happy.gif
What can we take to improve our egg quality?

I hope to be starting ivf this coming sept cycle.. Then i'll be one of your cycle buddies!
happy.gif
NUH nurse just called me today, told me my case came up during their meeting.. Prof wants to remind me to go to fetal care centre 1st for detailed scan on day 2 cos need to check my cysts.. Was asking how do i make appt on day 1 cos fetal care centre always full slots.. She said just tell them i have to be thefirst at 8.30 by prof wong's orders.. I was like wah.. Haha.. Then cos i'm expecting my AF end this wk or early next wk.. Prof not around on tue and fetal care centre sat and sun closed.. She gave me all the possible scenarios and what to do according to which day my AF starts.. When i put down the phone, i was like wah so good service..

min, sounds like NUH is a good place.. My friend BFP in NUH under the long protocol...

Joyhope: My AMH level is 2.4ng/ml.. Dr Sadhana say is only satisfactory... haiz.. i read up n the short protocol is more for older womens & with low egg reserves...
sad.gif

Im so afraid that the short protocol will fail me..
sad.gif

Hi wondersss,

So far, i've had pretty good experience at nuh so will stay with them.. I think it's important to be with a doc you feel comfortable with.. To me, i think ivf is a lot about luck too..

I think don't worry too much about short or long protocol.. Justhave faith that your doc chose to put you on something that's suitable for you.. I'm on short protocol too.. Stay positive!
happy.gif

Min81, yes I attended the seminar by pro Wong last sat. U there too? I love their service, it is so much better than kkh. Care to share more abt your condition? Hope to be your cycle buddy and everything goes on well for u!
happy.gif

Bigbear,

I attended the seminar in june.. For my case, it's unexplained cos all the tests results were ok.. Hubby's troops not so fantastic but prof says not a big issue..

Had a natural cycle of iui done in feb, bfp but miscarried at 8 wks plus.. Prof wanted me to rest and wait for 3 AF before trying again.. Actually he did not want me to go to ivf cos he feels i should try iui 2 more times.. But hubby and i decided to go ahead with ivf hoping for higher chance.. I think he made me attend the seminar to scare me off with all the needles.. Haha..

So was supposed to start in aug cycle but day 2 scan showed 2 cysts.. He said can't proceed but not to worry cos often, the cysts will go off with next AF.. But if cysts still there on day 2 scan, i gotta go laparoscopy and rest 3 mths before ivf..

How about you? Is this your first ivf? Hope all will be shun shun.li li for you too
happy.gif

Lin, can eat chicken but not too much. Cos one of my ex gynae told me to reduce chicken intake due to the hormones.
She said for endo patients, better cut down eating chickens.

As for egg whites, I took hard boiled eggs instead of half boiled during ivf. I took 4-6 per days. Buy better grade eggs sin we r eating it in high volume. I took ar 90 eggs during ivf process.

Till now I m still eating 2 hard boiled eggs aft bfp.

Sunniehope: I don't know abt yolk is good for fur.. Egg yolk is part of the raw food cocktail.

Wondersss: it's ok la.. I didn't taste the fishy smell though. I take Immunocal on empty stomach.

Babysmurf: yes I do feel bloated but it could means the follicles are growing.

I had my first scan and the results isn't so good so feel a bit down. My AMH is satisfactory level and on 300iu Puregon at day 5 scan shows 7 follicles. Dr Loh up the dose to 400iu now. Hopefully all the follicles still keeping growing and have eggs in them. I wonder if there is anyone who might have satisfactory AMH, quite high dose of stimulation yet low number of growing follicles?

Ya I cut down chicken intake. I love chicken too. Heard that eating too much chicken will cause the recurrence of endo. So i cut down. Used to eat chicken everyday but ever sin I knew abt it, I ate 3-4 times per week. Heard chicken wings nt good.

I was actually quite surprised that my ex female gynae suggested to me to cut down on chicken intake, cos normally western docs don't advise us to avoid any food.

Thanks for all encouragement... I'll rest well... eat well... n be happy
happy.gif

I think long or short protocol does not really matter... cos honestly luck n fate is the key... wat we can do is to ensure that we try our best to improve our egg quality, sperm quality n lining quality... the rest is in God's hand. I used to think that if I can know abt how to increase my chance then why not? Yes.. u can but not if in doing so will increase ur stress n make u upset.. so as everyone say, take things easy n things might be positive for u
happy.gif

I find that taking COQ 10 seems to really help in egg quality.. doing acupuncture improve the lining n eating oysters improves sperm quality... cos this time my embryo seems to be stronger... when I did all these... my 1st ivf only have 3 embryos out of 13 eggs... but this time, have 5 out of 15 eggs.
Though I do hope that this time will be successful, I need to tell myself that all are fated... n I just try to do wat I need to do... is to be relax, happy n healthy
happy.gif

Jia you all...

Chris, it is quite unlikely for a patient who has satisfactory AMH and quite high dose stimulation to produce low # of folicles? Are you in long or short protocol?

lin, amazinggrace, asiafrighter, I think the patient service desk at TMC seems to be short handed... I did not receive my bill by post after 1 week. As such, I took a queue # and asked for the bill. I paid the balanced amount.

lin, I think I may have met you on Tuesday while wating to see Dr Loh. Were in pink or grey blouse or white blouse? Did you see one couple eating chocolate muffin under the TV?

Wondersss, I'm oso on short protocol too

Min81, ur cysts r gone far far away le n soon u catchin up w me. Jy

Serene, jy n njoy dis 2 wks break fm work n household chores

Min81, Gd morning! This coming cycle will be my 3rd ivf. I failed 2 fresh in kkh so switching to new environment hoping to yield better result. I also have unexplained infertility issues. wish your cysts already gone.
happy.gif

HI Ladies, Good morning!!

Sorry to be so negative on the short protocol issues..

Lets kick out the negative thought and be postive!!

I'm feel v upset now, I overstimulate fm 24 eggs bcm nw gt 30 eggs n v high risk of ohss so i cn only do Er n wait for 2mths for my hormone to b bk n then cn do ET. Haiz even nw if I do ET oso wnt b successful, feel crying

Back