IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sistas, I tested liao, bfp.. But I need an advice, how can I go to kk early to have the BT done? My BT is on 7May, but I think kk is close rite for tomorrow cuz it's PH

Shainie: yah I agree with niko_michi, perhaps TCM can help you to ovulate. Actually metformin is for insulin resistance, have u ever tested ur blood sugar / insulin before? If it's normal then no need metformin... and yah I heard metformin can cause upset stomach. According to that website, PCOS affects egg quality so a change in stimulation protocol might help improve egg quality too...discuss with ur Dr.

mc share wif us here ur journey to BFP esp during ur 2WW...May it b beneficial for ol esp those in stimulation stage now. Thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Sue Ann congrats!

Faith hold on. Continue ur supports till BT. Who knows the result may change.

EggFactory hv test coz b4 take metformin u hv to test got diabetes or not. My result -ve diabetes. Everything is ok.

Thanks Sue-Ann. Hope, wish and wants too. Hehehe. Sue-Ann share wif us ur journey to BFP. Wil b starting my stimulation tmrw. Hope to get some tips from u.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Faith-
i think it is a fairly difficult/taxing procedure to import or export human embryos to and from sg. Lots of countries hv their own set of regulations in this. Not sure if your hospital in sg is ok with it or not, even if can, there are restrictions on carrying liquid nitrogen onboard a plane as well. And even if possible, you'll hv to factor in unforeseen circumstances like transit time or delays..if unlucky, some plane delays might take more than 1 day. My thoughts-might be easier to do a fresh cycle again..but you can try to ask your hospital to be sure..good luck
happy.gif

bfped sisters-
Congrats!
happy.gif

Sugary & ChrisL, yeah just toying with the idea of bringing my embryos over to USA where my family will be till yr end. But I guess u're right, there will be laws and restrictions which r too complicated. And I'm not sure if my insurance covers Ivf too but if it does, it will be almost free. Anyway guess my stand will be to do my next FET in Jan cycle. I still have 10 frozen embies so dun wanna waste it to do fresh cycle.

Sisters, I still feel bloated and occasional cramps and some slight pain in uterus. Is this normal? Will my period come when I'm still on progynova and utrogestan?

Hi ladies, can I check... does your hospital do procedure during public holidays? Does the embryology lab do work if the 'important' days happen to fall on public holidays. Thanks.

Hi Nural, well..I don't really have much symptoms during the 2WW..and this makes me worried. The more obvious ones are tiredness, thirsty (drinking non-stop) and sore boobs but that may be due to the inserts. During one of the day, felt abit breathlessness and bloat, maybe due to the "luo mai ji" that I have eaten. So try to avoid.

After the insert (3x a day) try to stay in bed for at least 1hr for it to be absorbed. Dr Zou told me about 2 hrs, but unless I fall asleep, I only lie down for 1hr

And about DPT 12 or 13, I had a sharp pain at my left side when I walked, otherwise OK.

During the 2WW, for the 1st week, I basically stayed at home. Either lying down or sitting. Rem to wear slipper at home and sock when you sleep. I had my tummy warmer most of the time.

Food wise, nothing special.. but I tend to eat a little more fish (cod fish, salmon). Drink LRD, Ensure, Immunocal (1st wk) and Fybogel which on of the sister here recommended to prevent constipation.

If you suffer from constipation, dun push too hard. Dr Zou say that pushing too hard is even worse than carry heavy things.

Lastly, talk to your embbies.. :)

Hope it helps.. and BFPs to all sisters

Sugary, which website can I go to get sample of the milks? What protein powder are you taking?

Can we continue with Conceive Well and Ensure?

Prosepina, it not those filled with hot water one. Its just like a tube top but u wear it around yr tummy to trap heat. It won't produce heat. I believe ppl wear it during Winter.

I bought mine at Uniqlo. Less than $20, I think.

Egg Factory, public hospitals most likely will not do ET/ER on holidays. Private ones may do it, but probably gotta pay surcharge.

Congrats to those sisters with BFP!!!

Mc, finally 苦尽甘来! Happy for you! Btw which tube top do u mean huh? I saw Uniqlo having those like trapped warm tops only, are they the same?

Sisters with Dr Zou, I got difficulties getting to talk to Dr Zou over phone leh. Wanna ask if I still can do acupuncture since Dr Loh prescribed hormones pills to stop my unusual menses bleeding. Will acupuncture still helps?

Congrats to those sistas wif BFP... rest well & hv a smooth 9mths journey.

Feeling abit down. Tdy is my 10dp2dt & again I had abit of pink spotting when I wiped after pee. Is my AF gg to report soon? I'm still on insert 3X daily.

Sigh!!

LuvNhope: Thanks for the info. I'm also wondering if the lab staff work during public hol. For example if they need to freeze some embryo on day 3 and day 3 falls on a public hol?

Givenhope, its jus like a tube and wool material..i think it say tummy warmer on the package..can't really rem as i bought long time ago, not even sure if they are still selling.

tahope..it may be a gd sign...dun worry..

Tahope
I think urs is implantation spotting leh. Cos its one
Off pinkish.

Congrats sue-ann

Mc ,
Can go to their brand website to request. Abbott, enfa, nan, anmum. For protein powder, mine from Amway.
I bought

Luvnhope, yup in my 2ww again. I'm tinking it's kind of late for implantation rite.
Mc, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. BT on 11May.
Sugary, juz can't help & feel wori.

Tahope, it's hard to say. I only had some spotting on the day my AF was due in my last BFP. No spotting b4 that.

Egg Factory, I sure hope they do! Best person to ask wld be the embryologist of your hospital.

Nurul, I also have extreme thirst. Dun used to drink much water but just become very very thirsty n feel bloated. So that's 1 of the symptoms u can spot. Anyway good luck to u
happy.gif

Tahope

Bcos that time u already one time spot, now again. So I think it's implantation. Ur last ivf , all the best! Ur 2nd child?

MC & Sue Ann, Congratulations!! SO happy for the both of you! *Running about catching your baby dusts*
happy.gif
Take care & have a smooth 9months of pregnancy ahead!

MC
remember that you are my hope & double boost? i am really so so happy for your BFP!
happy.gif

Sugary, no I don't hv kid yet. Managed to conceive twice naturally but m/c. Den last oct tried 1st ivf but bfn.. Tis is 2nd try & my last. Really hope for the best.

Hi ladies, I've got a question. When do we start purgeon jabs? Today is my 10th day of lucrine and I think af is reporting soon.

Tahope, when it is nearly to my BT I really feel my AF gonna report. Had a pinkish spotting d9 & d10. I pray for ur BFP. Maybe it is an implantation bleeding.

MC007 I read that ur symphtom in 2ww : Thirsty.
I got a feeling ur caring twin.

yeah..babywishdreamer..dun give up hope..spreading
6997953.gif
. When is yr appt with your Dr?

Shainie, Thirsty is a symptom for twins? You felt thirsty too? I am still drinking like a camel..lol..

Well, my tummy do looks bigger, dun think I can squeeze in my working pants..and I am gg back to work on Tue..

Sisters, just want to check if you are taking conceive well do you all still take the folic acid presribed by the hospital?

I went to buy conceive well at watson today but was told by the pharmacist that the folic acid and selenium are at the max dose. So, he advised me to stop taking folic acid from hospital and also additional selenium if i have.

Btw, how do you schedule for the immunocal and conceive well intake? Take it at the same time morning? daily? OR alternate...like immunocal at 1,3,5 and conceivel well on 2,4,6?

niko.. I googled and found this:

'Tolerable upper intake levels (UL) daily for folate: The UL is the maximum daily level of intake that is likely not to pose a risk of adverse effects. The UL is 800 micrograms daily for males or females ages 14-18 years-old (including pregnant or breastfeeding women); and 1,000 micrograms daily for males or females ages 19 years and older (including pregnant or breastfeeding women)."

Conceive Well + Hospital folic add up will be 1,000 micrograms. It is still Ok but if you are worried, you can choose to take only 1.

Immunocal is more for protein, so it won't conflict with Conceive well and can be taken daily. For Immunocal, best to take with empty stomach, so I took it in the morning before breakfast, then give about 30min - 1hr before eating breakfast cos heat will have adverse impact on the nutrients.

mc, thanks for your advise. i think should be okay to take them both.

btw, when to start to take EW? my ivf will be on june...still one month away...but due to my previous experience, i have less follices and eggs, i am a bit worry that i will not produce enough...sighs..

Niko: thank you for highlight. I took both togather that means I am overdosage with folic acid. Now I think have to take alternate day with my TCM medication.

mc_007: strange.. my dr prescribed me 10 mg folic acid daily..that is 10,000 mcg (ten times the upper limit). I think excess will be flushed out with urine

Back