IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi gals,

BT result cane back liao.....haiz....it's neg....have to see Dr Jerry on 23 Feb to see what is the next step
sad.gif

thanks cock2,

actually kinda expected cos only 1 embbies transferred. Haiz....have to discuss with dr to see if next round can try 2 embbies transfer.

Btw, does seeing TCM helps? Went to the TCM in marine parade for 2 years but nothing happens, so kinda of lost hope in TCM. Dunno if shld give it another try again?

Luv,

cos got hypertension and was born with 1 kidney so the dr don't want to risk having multiple birth. Initially wanted to do blastocyst but only got 6 embbies so we decided to do d2 transfer instead.

Kiki,
I see. Then better discuss with doc carefully b4 proceeding with 2 embryo transfer next round. Bravo to you for braving the risks!

LuvNhope, ya u r right... Medicated no need to bother abt cycle normal or not... Jus Abit worried the "environment" in there might still not b Too "embbies friendly"

hi gals,
been too bz to login. let's all jiayou together for the new year! We never know until we have tried and heaven is watching and we will be rewarded! hope the dragon year will be a good one for us
happy.gif

whether it's 1 embie, 2 embies or 3, all u need is 1 to implant...

luvnhope,
my af also reported this week. hopefully next cycle can do fet. u planning for fet next cycle too?

i1BB,
like wat the rest said, lap is not a small surgery and it requires quite abit of time for recuperation and if dr tan thinks that u dun need it, it's good news!
happy.gif
have faith and every try is a chance. i know it can get disheartening but if before u try u already think can't work then it's meaningless, isn;t it? maybe u r really tired mentally... why dun u take a break from all this, do wat u like to do for a while and then when u r ready, try again?
happy.gif
hope u dun find me too harsh :p

Angelxuan, i1BB,....thank u...my AF came today..4 days late. Just called the clinic. Will start my lucrin jab on 9th feb. Very scared n nervous cos it'll be my first time n not sure whether I'm ready but I guess this is the best time cos I'm on 6-mth no-pay leave....

Kiki...stay strong...all the best for ur next step.

Hello sisters, I actually graduated from this forum in dec 2011 as I was tested bfp on 23/12 but the happiness did not last long. I started bleeding on 29/12 and went in KKH A&E immediately. They couldn't find out any reason after doing detailed scan and blood test so ask me to go home, the bleeding did not stop and I visit doc loh on 3/1 at his clinc, then took a blood test and scan, nothing was found in my womb by right I should be 5 weeks pregnant. He suspected ectopic pregnancy and ask me to take BHCG and to my horror it drop more than half. Doc Loh then ask me to go back and return again at week 6 to see if we can see baby but again nothing can be seen, so he suggested cyototec to be taken for natural abortion as he's afraid that there might be chances of ectopic. I took it and return back every week for blood test suffering the pain mentally and physically. I thought its gotta be over so but to my horror till now my BHCG hasn't drop.. So is my bleeding which means I have been bleeding for 3 weeks with no sign of baby yet BHCG still show I'm pregnant.

Doc Loh couldn't explain the situation now and only option is to wait n see... I am really very devastated and it's really mentally torturing as everything is so uncertain.

Has anyone met with such situation that can give me advice?

mama_leen, dont think too much, just press on! u will learn and find out new things along the way.. it is exciting as each step brings u closer to your dream!
happy.gif

kbabe, i can fully emphatise with you - the roller coaster which u hv been through, and the mental and physical stress... hope that your bleeding will stop and HCG continues to increase strongly, and that they can find a sac or baby HB in yr next visit ... pls take care ok..

Trsf 2 embeddies this morning. During my last 2 cycles, I was sedated during the traffic process cos. Dr Eunice said I was too tense. But this time care-dr Angela decided not to sedate me saying it's not really necessarily as long I relax. Indeed it was done within 5 mind, Dr Paul describe the path is like gg north biomass vista, need a bit of gg up the slope.hahaa
But without sedation, it really saves me abt 800 ..
This time I feel more relax in terms of my mentality.. not sure how to describe, just dun want to think abt the whole thing lor...

Eskimo,
Yeah, thinking of FET next cycle. But my gal has chickenpox now. Hope by the next cycle shld b viral free? But worried that helper might kena next. Then won't b the best time for FET.
sad.gif

Dollygal, congrats on making to 2ww!

Kbabe, can they scan the tubes? Not sure if possible? Hang in there. Have they tried v scan too?

Ladies, I had my lap done yesterday and dr loh removed the polyp, a cyst and some endo adhesion. Will see him on we'd to find out more and see what he suggests.

Now I'm just so bloated but I could still do some housework and simple chores. Guess I should be able to get bk to work next thurs. The only thing now is I don't know if I should try iui again or Ivf fresh 2nd cycle...

Kbabe, can't offer u any advise here except I can also fully empathize this feeling of uncertainty. It happened to my first miscarriage too. We waited for about 2 weeks before going through the dnc. Stay strong ok?

Hi eskimobaby, dnt worry u r not harsh n I'm not offended at all.
happy.gif
what u say is true. I'm actually quite eager to get started ASAP cos time is not on my side but on the other hand, am afraid of the mental anguish that I(we) have to go thru during 2ww. I'm kind of at a loss now as to what should I do next also as in shd I go tcm, if yes, which one etc. ya mentally I'm quite exhausted cos I feel I've not reaped any gains no matter how much effort I've putted in... N the worst part is, we dnt even get to knw the reason for failure... I will make up my mind on the next step after CNY ba...

Hi kbabe, sorry to hear abt your emotional roller coaster saga. I have a friend who went thru the same situation as u (or at least I think is more or less same). She also took some kind of meds for natural abortion n she has to return to take her blood test every week... Her bhcg level dropped quite slowly but gradually it did. However yr situation is kind of different.. I sincerely wish u all the best and please try to b strong. Sorry I cnt b of much help to u. Hugs

Hi dollygal, congrats! U r PUPO now... Rest and relax and hope to grab yr bb dusts soon ya
happy.gif

Haro tub, please take good rest n dnt overdo housework etc hor. After an op, u must take good care n be extra careful ok

Cockcock/LuvNhope/tub, thanks..
I have done vaginal scan but each time there was so much uncertainty after the appt, there's no chance I can keep the baby as doc Loh fear ectopic and prescribed me with abortion pill so even if now we can see the baby also cannot b save as the medicine is harmful.

There's nothing doc Loh can do for me as well but just wait n see.. It's been 3 weeks and no one can tell me what's going on and how I can stop these and move on as the struggling n waiting made me even heartache but keep thinking about my poor little angel..

Sorry for being emo.. But just can't help it..
sad.gif

Kbabe, no need to apologies for being emo. We understand. Ur heart must b aching like hell. This kind of pain is more excruciating than anything (((big bear hug)))

1bb, orhhhhhhh ok... I will try to rest as much as possible. Actually I drove the next day after surgery and realized that we actually use quite a bit of stomach muscle when driving! After that I scared liao and tried to go a bit slower...

Kbabe, I hope this will pass soon and you can start the next phase of your life on a fresh slate. Remember that U are not alone ok? We all go through this, in one way or another. Cry, be sad and emo, it's ok... But we must move on after that. Hugs... This, too, will pass.

Mama Leen,

Thanks
happy.gif
Looking forward to the next step. You must jia you too ^^

Dolly,

All the best ^^ Remember to rest well and don't stress.

Kbabe,

Sorry to hear about that. Stay strong. Hope all will turn out well for you.

Yes, good morning ladies! Wishes everyone a happy, healthy, n "productive" year! Wish all of u a water dragon baby! Btw, I slept much better last nite, n no taking of bbt this morning! Really don't need the added stress.. Got to let nature take it's course from now liao...
happy.gif

thanks LuvNhope!
happy.gif
i1bb has done enough "scolding" to make me drop the idea, haha... i1bb, JY too... hope u make yr decision after cny
happy.gif

Hahaha cock cock, I'm actually quite "reprimansive" one... Hahaha... But out of goodwill de lah... Cos I wish all of us here success ma thus those unnecessary stress I will hope each and everyone of us here not to go thru lor... Ok la, to sum it up... I'm quite a naggy person... Will nag nag nag if I c things not right de... Hehehe

Yo LuvNhope, I cldnt sleep till 3am last night n woke up at 8:30am this morning... Zzzz... I'm cheery today cos I'm gg for my Mani later...

By the way sisters, whilst I was up last night, I searched on the net n found some so-call useful articles.... Read them when u Gals r free:-

HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF IVF SUCCESS

http://www.askamum.co.uk/Trying-to-conceive/Search-Results/Fertility/How-to-improve-your-chances-of-IVF-success/

NEW TECHNOLOGY

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2012-01/cu-ntc010312.php

RELAXATION THERAPIES CAN BOOST IVF SUCCESS
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6384653/Relaxation-therapies-can-boost-IVF-success.html

Wow...all of u areally so active here. I just woke up. I m those who can't sleep too much, surprisingly slp till now.
Haiz, later my in laws are coming to my house to cook reunion dinner.

Just received msg from care this morning that my blood test results after trsf shows that I don't need any extra support like progestrone jabs or progynova pills. Only have to use crinone inserts n utrogestan pills daily.
Care-angela also said something weird this time. Avoid any animal food without backbone like prawns,crabs n sotong. My goodness last nite reunion dinner w my parents I get to look at them eating 2 plates of pepper& salted egg crabs...sob sob...

Oh dear, has anyone ever experienced having large blood clots in the subsequent period following failed fresh cycle? Sorry if tmi.

Ya it looks scary but bcos our lining was build up during ivf so when failed all come out may. Previously mine was not just big clots, it keep flowing out continously. My mum said it's also like that after give birth.

Back