IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi westbb,

congrats! can feel the anxiousness for you. hope it'll be a successful transfer tomorrow. am sure you'll strike this round, maybe with twins or triplets!
happy.gif

btw, how do they take out the eggs and transfer the embryos?

westbb
that's a piece of very good news! i suppose they will only transfer 2 embryos for u? think only those age 35 and above they will transfer 3.

dun worry abt the ER tomorrow, easy procedure but remember to take care and dun move ard too much after tat. so excited for u! no cold drinks and liang stuff within these 2 weeks hor, try to lie down more.

aiyo, me so excited like it's me going for the procedure, but it did brought back those memories at the beginning of the year when i did ICSI.

westbb,
JIA YOU! me give u baby dust...baby dust...baby dust. hope 14 days down the road, you will hv a positive blood result.

Micky

Oh we cannot choose to transfer 3 embryos if we are below 35?

More being transferred will increase the chance right? ... for ppl like us who had went thru the TTC journey, we rather have triplets than none :p

Westbb,

congrats!!! so excited for u ... bfp soon! ;)

Micky,

oh I dinno that for age below 35, can only transfer 3 embryo. But I think that sounds reasonable lah. Its no fun having triplets. I can at most take twins
happy.gif

CT,

agree with u that rather have multiples than none. But for me, at most I will take the risk of twins only. Since twins is a very different story from triplets, especially if we are not big build enough like those foreigners. My fren's sis went thru fertility treatment (not ivf) and got triplets.. alamak she spent months in hospital on bedrest. You can imagine the anxiety she must have felt with fear of losing 1 or more babies. Not to mention the exhorbitant hospital bill especially when she stay in pte hospital. If its me, I think it will be torture.. cos not so rich and cant afford to high hospital bill and not working for months.

congrats westbb! good to hear that there's still a no. of fertilised eggs to chose from. Keep us updated, we are all quite keen to hear from your experience, esp for those who are planning to go for this journey......

Hi Westbb,

Take care and try to relax, i know it's easier said than done, don't move too much on your 2ww.

CT
triplets will definitely increase the chances of premature and lots of complications will set in. in fact, my gynae was quite happy that for my case, only one was implanted. imagine with low lying placenta n gestational diabetes and i got twins, think my gynae will sweat~!

perhaps 2nd ER i will hope to hv twins..but definitely not triplets..cannot imagine!

poohy / micky

wat u said is quite true ... there's definitely risk in having multiple birth.

Actually very difficult to decide, on one hand you hope to increase the chance of striking, on the other you are scare you will be caught with multiple birth ... sighhhh

bad news, i don't have rubella immunity, i knew it....i have to wait for 6 months
sad.gif
before doing IVF. I'm so sad....

Berry,
Sorry to hear that. Is it confirm that you have to wait 6 months? Can it be earlier than that? Dun think so much now. Anything can happen within 6 months... that is you could conceive naturally within 6 months too.... your chance still there....
happy.gif

Singapore don't have vaccine for rubella only. If they do, i only have to wait for 6 weeks (i think). What they have is MMR, so it's 3 months waiting. Sorry, i typed it wrongly again, it should be 3 MONTHS waiting time, not 6 months as i earlier post.

tomatoes, i still want to cry. You know how ready i am to go for IVF next month. There are other factors that's why i want to do it soon...anyway, my mission now is to find that rubella vaccine only, even if i travel to JB if they have it there.
lol.gif

Westbb,

hope your have a sucessful transfer tomorrow.

Hi berry,

how to find out whether you have rubella immunity? blood test?

berry
I can understand how you feel. You mean there is no rubella vaccine only in Singapore?

Try to take it easy. If really have to go thru 3 months, then so be it. You can use these 3 months to make yourself even more healthy for your coming IVF treatment
happy.gif

berry

agree with wat tomatoes said ...bo bian you have to take it easy and make use of this waiting period to build up yr health
happy.gif

Btw, I guessed I also have to wait 3 months as my mum said I do not have measles when I'm young. Sighhh I'll go for my blood test tmr ... sighhh

Hi chery,

Go for a blood test, it's the pre-IVF blood test which consists of HIV, AIDS, and rubella.

CT,

I had measles when i was small, so i don't know why i'm not immuned. But i remember having "herpes soster" 5 years ago, it's the cousin of measles.

Go for this blood test ladies, the sooner the better.

Berry
And how much does it cost altogther? I might want to do the pre-ivf blood test when I see my RE next week.

berry

$45 is cheap .. in kkivf i think blood test for HIV alone is already $40++ ... to test for rubella another $20++ more

Ladies, good evening!

Had my transfer today. It was quite ok, some uncomfort but no pain. I was transferred 3 embryos, and freeze 3. 1 seemed to have stopped cleaving. Brought back a big bag of medicine home - progesterone oral pills and viginal inserts, and a kind of aspirin (to supply more blood to the womb). Also took a progesterone shot at the butt in hospital and got to take another shot one week later.

Has been resting on the bed until cannot tahan liao, so got up and sit around. They gave me a photo of my three transferred embryos, and I'm hooked looking at it, really feel that they are my babies already...

Mickey, did they tell u your embryos grading last time?

CT, i'm given 14 days HL starting from today.

shuin, they will sedate you to 'suck' out the eggs so you probably won't feel a thing during the process. when they transfer, it's like doing pap smear.

Westbb
So happy to hear your updates
happy.gif
Must rest well and rest more
happy.gif
So when you will be doing your beta blood test?

Westbb,

good that you had a smooth transfer, do rest more, wait for the good news
happy.gif

hi Micky,

do you still remember how many days leave you took for your IVF cycle excluding the 2 weeks HL leave? must tell the company why you take leave,rite? i am quite worried because it's not so easy to take leave at my company, can not be too often also...

hi westbb,

glad to hear that all went well for you! am sure you'll strike this time
happy.gif
take care and hope to hear more good news from you! by the way, do you know the estimated cost of your total procedure?

westbb
wow, they transferred 3 for u? You not scared triplets? anyway, it's good news, and i'm sure they will implant! must rest more hor.

chery
cannot remember lei. coz at that pt, my company knows abt my condition, so they are quite ok with it.

shuin, the whole procedure costs about $11+K including medisave claim.

maya, i did mine at Thomson.

Micky, i also didn't expect them to transfer three, was expecting two only, should have asked yesterday, forgot leh.

tomatoes, i can do the test in two weeks' time.

to shuin,(is it you who is afraid of the shot?)

my friend had her IVF in Taiwan and she told me no need for jab (my first time to hear it), she just inhale SUPERCUR BUSERILIN ACETATE 3x day, then blood test ESTRADIOL and ultrasound. Just note down this name and ask your RE later if you're decided. Maybe it's a new kind of drug, but i'm wondering how come inhaling only will down regulate you. Anyway, her IVF there failed, so she's doing it in HK next month.

Westbb, what were the other costs for, can roughly breakdown? Is it bec you're over 35 they transfer 3?

Any ladies here doing/done IVF at KKH? Want to hear your experience.

Berry, wah your friend really moving ard to do IVF. I find it a bit suspicious that IVF no need jabs at all, sounds a little ridiculous that it's all just inhaling something??

maya,

me too, but who knows, maybe it's the latest technology so it's easier, no need for jab. Sent her email again to clarify if i read that correctly.

hi berry,

dont think it's me.. but it's amazing how medical has advanced huh? think we should be glad to be in this generation where there're so many ARTs choices available to us..

berry,

I had also heard of the inhalent drug for down-regulation. But for the rest of the ivf where the follicles are stimulated with HMG, still need to take injections... mostly the injection is puregon/follistim or gonal-f or metrodin
happy.gif

Westbb

Glad you are doing well ... all the best to you and try to rest more and relax!

hebe

I think it's not necessary to take 2 weeks HL. In KKH I was told they usually do not give such long HL unless you asked for it. As they feel that we should carry on with our normal daily lifestyle so as to reduce the stress. But if you think u feel better resting at home, you can ask for it.

berry, that was interesting, never heard of it before. why did ur friend switch from country to country? was it cheaper there?

maya, i'm not even 30 years old leh :p here's what the costs entail: medicine/injections, consultations, scans, the actual procedures, freezing, insurance. it varies person to person depending on how much medicine u need.

hebe, i think it's up to you how long u want to take (max 14 days). my gynae said if your work is mostly sitting down, relax and flexible such that u can take a rest if u need, then by all means go to work after 1-2 days rest. for me, i teach, which is alot of movements and time not so flexi, so i took the 2 weeks. most importantly is that you don't feel stressed and strenous after the transfer.

micky, i've been feeling crampy, do u think it's normal??

Hi Gals

I jus went for my HSG yday ... glad that the results seems good as the contrast flow nicely through my tubes.

Btw, I also went for my IVF counselling with the medical social worker. It's really quite helpful as she brought up the emotional problem which we might faced during the whole process and advises us as hus and wife how we shld be facing them positively.

I've also went for my HIV and rubella blood test. If everything is ok, in fact I can start the injection on this coming 15 Sept 04 but I'm still thinking if I shld wait for another month. My hus had jus started on his vitamins for his sperm a weeks ago ... I was thinking if I should get ourselves more healthy ... Bu another month so as to increase the chance .... but my hus thinks otherwise, he feel we shld let it be natural as he thinks tat extra month of vitamins may not help.

What do you gals think? Pls advise ...

Hi CT
It is quite true that another month later for IVF would also mean more time for your hubby and you to built up your health
happy.gif

Hi Gini
Yes, we are talking about IVF/ICSI ("testtube" babies) here
happy.gif

helo tomatoes

Isit tat couples here did medicial tests and found out that its difficult to have babies? (NO OFFENCE PLS)

I am trying to know what are the check tests before trying to conceive.

Thanks.

Hi Mag
Most of us here has done most of the test oredi. The basic tests to do will be:
1)Hormones test (wife)
2) HSG (wife)
3)Sperm Analysis test (husband)

The more invasive test will be a laproscopy surgery.

Hi tomatoes

Does every doc recommend such tests? are these tests part of the family planning packages or something?

Hi Mag
Not every gynae will recommend this on the first visit. First visit will normally take down both your medical history, do a pap smear and probably a ultrasound.

If there are past women's problem, then the tests may be recommended.

CT, if you are not that 'anxious' then wait for another month to better prepare both you and your hubby physically and psychologically. but if both of you are already very comfortable to start, then why not? most importantly both of u are comfortable with the decision ok. u are doing in kkh? keep us informed of ur progress...

westbb

actually I also very anxious to start but I tot another month of bu may help in one way or another ... sighhhh ... duno ley.

Anyway, I still have to see my blood test result. Will decide when the result is out.

Back