IVF/ICSI Muslimah Support Group

Updates from me

Alhamdullilah, my pregnancy test was positive on 31/5 last Friday. I was warded straight away after I received the good news due to my breathlessness. 90%of my right lung was filled with water and had to do tapping behind my back.

Doctor said that I had ohss. It was severe one. Only Allah knows what I had gone through. Today, Insya Allah, I will be discharged from NUH.

I was taken good care in NUH.

Bubbli
Thanks for the infor on accupunture. Did u take their herbs?? I didnt take bec its too bitter. I just took the doc medication. Today is my 10dpiui but i dont feel any symptoms as i felt during 1dpiui to 7dpiui. The 7 days I had terrible stomach cramps. My blood test is on 13th June. Hoping for the best Insya Allah.

Hi sue-ann,
Many thanks for the doas. Grabbing your baby dusts.
Insya Allah my only embryo will be a fighter. Praying hard. Btw i bought the brazil nuts already tadi. Ate 1 only. So shd eat 2-3 pieces on alternate days? Not everyday kan? Do u drink longan red date tea daily? Any other special/extra diet during the 2ww?

Caramel, I dun really hv any special diet but I really avoid cold drinks, n yes I drink longan red date tea daily..

As for the Brazil nuts, I makan 3 pcs daily till day 5, but I drink lotsa of water.. Today rite ur et??

Hi sue-ann,
Yup went for my ET just now. Alhamdullilah it went smoothly. Was worried initially when i first did the hormone inserts in v after ET. Scared might disturb the embryo if i insert those pills & gel stick too deep. But it shouldnt be right? So have officially started my 2ww. Have started feeling heaty already. Mayb i need to drink more water.

Alimgirl...

I did take the herbs..Memang pahit..but I always take sweet after that..Just have to make sure that it's like semi hot concoction before drinking..It will really help...

Caramel: Hepi 2ww dear..We need just 1 to succeed. Insya-allah

Hi bubbli, thanks for the prayers. Insyallah amin.
Do u gals start drinking milk eg anmum or normal HL milk daily during 2ww for the calcium, proteins?

It's already 11th of the month, and menses yet to arrive... grrrrh! but i have already collected the medication to induce the menses. They gave me Provera to induce my menses. Hopefully it will come by next week. Kalau boleh tak nak clash dgn fasting month, cannot fast if on injections..
sad.gif

Salam ladies 
I had went for 4 rounds IUI and all failed. Now thinking of moving to ivf at kkh! How is their services there? This is my 3rd hospital, I have tried nuh then moved to parkway east hospital and now deciding to do ivf at kkh. Do I need to go for any counselling 1St. I plan to start after ramadan need to rest the body and get ready! So any advice ladies? Should I call them now? I plan to see Dr sadana as she is the head for ivfkkh.

Salam Alim...

So sorry to hear...U can call them to fix an appt..U will need to go tru counselling..Not sure on how the queue is like though there now..Rest well..Eat some supplements as well..And do accu if u wan to prep ur body dear..

Take care..

Ya thinking of going acupuncture regularly hope it helps if their medicine is in tablet form I don't mind taking but its powder nvm will try also. How is ur cycle getting on bubbli? Today I took off going out with my 18months niece to unwind!

Hi alimgirl..

U mean u did iui in diff hosp? Maybe u can try research abt ivf at nuh. I have the impression that nuh has better service from wat i read from the other ladies. My experience with kkivf, the system feels too impersonal. Waiting time is also terrible. U only get to see ur doc during er and et. Other times its other doc and nurses. Dr sadhana is a nice doc though. She answers ur questions and is direct.

I have done Iui twice in nuh was under Dr stephen chew he doesn't talk much that's why I change to Dr aziz who has a clinic in kembangang plaza his hospital is parkway east. No doubt nuh nurses are good and they explain well but the doctor very quiet unless we ask question tats why I wanted a change. I will be under pvt so do u think other doctors will see me if I insist I only want dr sahdana

Alim...

U can go for accu alone without herbs not a prob...I am not cycling at the moment..Just playing the waiting game since I need to be on FET on my next cycle..So just chill 1st..Enjoy Ramadhan and raya then think abt it la..hehhe

Yup unwind urself..It's a good idea actually..

U can request to see Dr Sadhana cos once u r under IVF u r considered private..Dr Sadhana is very nice..Was under her when I was in KKH...If u wan to go back to NUH u can request to be under Prof Wong..I heard he is very good too..

Before I was under Dr Sadhana..I did went to polyclinic first actually to get a referral so that watever necessary test will be carried under subsidise..Once my case file is being transferred to IVF, then I request to be under her.

Hope the above helps dear

Cahaya Mataku: It is ok to fast when ur having the jabs. Also for BT its ok to fast. My friend ever check with a uztat. Unless you feel nak pengsan den you dont fast. If its a need for medical necessary, its ok to fast.

alimgirl: I feel Dr Chew is very quiet too. Not helpful at all. As patients, we need the doctor to explain to us further not to keep asking something we are unsure what to ask. Since ur under private, its good to be under Prof Wong due to his experience. But he is also a man of few words but I find him more warmth and friendly than Dr Chew.

Salami ladies
I already make appt to see Dr sadana this Monday. Will bring all the reports I have. Install everything will be smooth amen.

Insayallah all will be well....today is my appt at 3.20pm....a bit nervous on what she will tell me! Heard that she is a very direct person.

Dun worry..Alim..Show her ur report..and see wat she suggest..u can ask her qns if u wan...She is very willing to ans all..yup she is direct..but so far I was comfortable with her..Watever I request she said K so far...;-)

Thank you BabyDusty. If possible I would like to avoid doing ivf during Ramadhan cos my last failed IUI was in Ramadhan. heee..

I was on Provera for 10days to induce the period. It has been 5days after my last pill. Haizzz.. I can't wait to start the procedure and my period has been delayed for almost 3weeks now.. Please pray for me everyone..
sad.gif

Cahaya...Insya-allah all will be fine..hmm 5 days after pill..Shld be anytime soon ur menses will be here..I was on medroxy to induce menses..It came after 5 days..;-)

Thanks Babbli
happy.gif

Not sure why they prescribed me Provera instead. I've googled about this Provera and found out that it may takes 3-14 days after my last pill. lambatkan? Hopefully it will come sooner...

Dunw worry Cahaya..It will definitely come...That time pernah mine came only after 14 days after inducing menses..But it was medroxy pills too la..

Hi ladies,
Juz received news of bfn for my 1st ivf. My only embryo did not make it. So depressed when i want this so much. Such a failure to hb, my parents, in laws & grdparents. Cant imagine going thro all those jabs & emotional roller coaster again!
Wonder when will i be able to have a complete family with kids? Cried so much already..
How soon do u ladies start the next cycle?

hmmmm i am sorrry Caramel dont be too sad abt wat happen. Maybe every happens for a reason. Just accept it and move on...

This round u only got one egg is it?? the egg was well fertilised before the transfer? did u check with the doc why it failed?? any reasons given by doc? i am so anxious to know as i be doing my IVF soon but still have my doubts whether it will work for me!

Hi Caramel..

So sorry to hear..IVF isn't an easy journey..It's nvr a 100% confirm that we can make it tru..Nevertheless u did try..I am not sure u r under which hospital though..U can further discuss with ur dr to see wat can be improved for ur next cycle...

For us ..completing a family is our 1 ultimate goal..But HE has other plans for us too..Which we will nvr know...

My best advice is cry as much as u wan..grieve...Have some frens or even better to have ur hubby to give u that moral support..Have strong faith dear...Stay strong...

It may not be now we will strike..But Insya-allah we will...Keep on going k..Come here to rant if u need to..I know how it feels..

Normally best is to start 6 months later..But some drs says after 3 months or even next menses cycle can do..Up to individual..I waited for about 1 year to do another fresh cycle..I didn't want to cause more harm to my body with the meds I am pumping in..

U take care k...BIG HUGss to u...

To all who r cycling or going too...It will be tough when the end result is not wat we wan..But who r we to qns why when all lies in HIS HANDS...Redha & Tawakal..Insya-allah we will fulfill our journey to become parents in the near future..Insya-allah Amin Amin...

Hi dear... Me too suffered a bfn after my 1st ivf in may... Its ok to cry.. I cried for 2 days straight. Wen i sleep, wen i solat, even wen i shower. Haha. I still do cry wen i think abt it now. But God is great. He tests us because we are stronger than the rest. InsyaAllah our time will come. We have to have hope. Its the only way to stay sane. I dont intend to cycle till dec or even later. The whole experience was too taxing mentally and emotionally. For now, let ur body recover and enjoy life. Go travel, learn new recipes, bake, go for classes, learn a new language, whatever. Anything to take ur mind off babies. Its gonna b hard but u will get thru it.

Hi alimgirl & bubbli,
Thanks for the encouragement. I had cried so much till my eyes lebam. Never in my life had i cried this much. I thought of starting next cycle after raya, mayb aug or sept.
I have low ovarian reserve due to endo & previous 2 lap surgery. Takot if i delay any longer, my reserve may drop further & endo might come back. I also cant try natural coz my tubes both kena tied due to hydrosalphinx. So u see how terok can things get. Im so depressed already.
I was under prof wong for this cycle. Only manage to retrieve 2 eggs under high dose stimulation. During scanning, doc ckp ada 5 follicles on each side. Skali on ER day, he ckp only managed to retrieve 2 eggs. i was so shocked.
Started with 375iu gonalf. But dose was subsequently lowered. Both eggs matured but only 1 fertilised. Prof said my embryo is gd quality. Did a day4 transfer - a compacted embryo. But i got no symptoms during my 2ww. Only sore boobs & slight cramping. Tats wen i thought ada chance its bfn. But still i keep my hopes high hoping for a miracle. But God decides it to be still a bfn..
I duno wat went wrong but i did feel a very bad cramp on d2pt & some clear discharge. Guessed it must be when my embryo kena expelled frm body. Haiz..
Next appmt wif prof will be 2nd jul to discuss next step & to discuss wat went wrong. Still have not told my mum yet. Cant bring myself to tell her. Im still accepting the reality.

Hi Caramel...

ic...hmm abit complicated ur case..But it's k..Look at a brighter side of it that ur egg is a good quality one eventhough it didn't make it..Oh u r under Prof Wong..He is a good dr..When u go and see him..see wat he suggest for ur next cycle..Ask him wat can be done to improve for ur situation...

Hmm 2dt..cramping is normal during 2ww..Sometimes it's due to uterus expanding or contracting or embryo trying to implant itself....clear discharge can be due to the support hormones...It's really difficult how to find the reason on to why..Or whether because of all these the embryo gives up..

Oh ur mum..That's isn't easy..For me on all my cycle I didn't tell my mum cos I didn't wan to disappoint or worry her..Well y dun u take ur time to settle ur own issues first..Then tell her..She will be disappointed initially but definitely she will always doakan for u for ur next cycle..

Crying sometimes will really help u to let go...Do take care of urself k...Talk to someone if u need to...

Hi nur,
Thanks for the words of advice. Woke up frm my nap & my head is spinning frm crying too much. Agreed with wat u said. But seriously i dun mind the jabs. To me its bearable. Yg buat stress is after ER onwards. Im mentally & physically drained. I wonder when can i see light after a long tunnel of darkness. I even prayed to God to give my embryo a chance to live in exchange for mine. I dun mind. Tats how badly i want a child to call my own. I think kita smua feel this way. Others got it so easily but we have to go thro this pathway full of uncertainities. Cant imagine facing those relatives again this raya. Confirm gonna ask the same hurtful things again.
I will take ur advice. Besides, life goes on. I will cry myself out juz today. Tomorrow will be a brand new day & i will stand up stronger & higher again. Im strong & i can do it with God's help. Insyallah. Thanks sistas!

Hi bubbli,
After prof ckp my only embryo is of gd quality, i was determined than ever that this cycle will work. Thats y im so down tat it didnt. But at least i have tried my best.
I have no choice but to tell my mum. Shes worried abt me not conceiving after 3yrs of marriage & she also knew abt my endo & lap ops. So I got no choice but to tell her that im trying ivf since tats the only way. I will unwind & accept reality. Work starts on monday for me. Took HL all the way since ER. Confirm liat nak bgn pagi after such long leave..

Hi Caramel...

Yup u have tried ur best dear...Well biasala mak mana tak risau bila anak belum dpt zuriat...But she will always doakan for the best for her kids..Yup unwind..Go for movie parade at home ke during this weekend..Nak keluar dengan cuaca haze skrg ni...Hmm not that advisable ...

Ya one thing abt HL ni..memang susah sekali nak gi alik werk..I experienced that alot..But it was indeed a good break...

Like wat u said earlier..Tomolo will be a brand new day..Insya-allah we will stand stronger & higher...U go gerl...Take Care..And Hepi Weekend..;-)

Hi bubbli,
Thanks for listening. Need a listening ear at times like this especially when im alone at home. Really appreciate your gesture. Thanks for the support too! Feeling better now. Take care sis!

Hi Caramel..

No problem Sis..Wat we need throughout this journey is a listening ear and shoulder..heheh..U take care..

Salam Ladies,

I am glad to have found this page. I hope you mommies-to-be can help me with an enquiry.

I have been married for 5 years. I have been diagnosed with PCOS in 2010 at KKH. So, over the years, I brushed it off my mind and it didnt seem like a problem since hubby and I were not intending to have a baby then. I let it be.

Now, hubs and I are planning to have a baby. I am determined to just go for an IVF since I am sure conceiving the normal way will never be positive (we did try). My question is, can I just walk-in to KKH/ NUH and express my interest for an IVF? Or perhaps, the docs will make me try other methods before they finally allow me to go for IVF?

If you want subsidy for the blood test, scans and doctor keep changing, no specific doctor before the start of IVF, den you have to go to poly clinic first and ask for referral letter.

But if you want only one specific doctor. its under private charge. you can just call up the hospital for appts. But everything has to be paid in full, no subsidy before the start of IVF.

When you start IVF, both subsidy and private if under govt hospital, both can take government grant and medisave.

Hi BabyDusty,

Thank you for replying. Ok, I am determined to just call up and make an appointment.

I hope u can help me with this:
1) Do you happen to know what are the costs like for all those pre-tests prior to the actual IVF that I have to pay in cash?

2) KKH or NUH? (Specifically which gynea?)

3) How long is the whole process? (From 1st pre-test to actual IVF)

AddyM: I think its about $2K to $3K? Depends how many time and what doctor found. Yup all in cash.

KKH very busy and waiting time long. I dont like KKH before check ups too. But KKH cheaper even for private. NUH is better. They have their own clinic for IVF. Under Prof PC Wong.

Maybe about 2 months.

Salaam ladies.

It's been awhile since my last post here, alhamdulillah am scheduled for my embryo transfer tml. Abit anxious now. Any tips for a all-round good 2ww.?

Brief history- ttcing for 4 yrs. 2 iuis with TFC = Bfn. Lap done and 3rd iui at NUH = bfn. 1st fresh ivf in April 2013 with kkh ivf = bfn. 5 frozen embbies hoping to reunite with 2 tml insyaAllah.

Hi ladies,
Do u ladies feel more intense cramps for your first AF after failed ivf? Or is it juz me. My flow is also a bit heavier. So worried.

NurA...So hepi to hear..So I believed this is your FET...Hepi bonding dear...

Caramel..This AF is after ur bt is it?

Bubbli: yup my first AF after bt. Do u have experience like tat?have not gone for my post bt review yet. My review next week.

NurA: good luck for ur FET today. All the best!

Thanks bubbli. Alhamdulillah all went well.

Thank u caramel.
Btw my first AF after my failed ivf was 10 days late and had e mother of all cramps tt I took panadol to ease. And heavy flow too. Drink lotsa water. Use a heatpack if u must.

Caramel...Then it's fine..I had cramps and lots of bleeding too..very clotty infact..but shld be fine..unless u feel major pain..then go A&E and check..

NurA ..Alhamdulillah..Hope to hear gd news from u soon...Enjoy the 2ww..;-)

Thanks bubbli & nurA..im feeling better now. Only bad cramps first 2 days of AF. Today much better.

NurA: syukur alhamdullilah everything goes well. Make sure u rest well & eat healthily. Jgn stress2 k. Enjoy ur 2ww..insyallah all will be good..Amin..

Bubbli: u tried accu at raffles hospital under dr zhao kan? How was it? Mana better? Dr zou frm amk or dr zhao? I thought of starting accu in jul. Plan to go next round fresh ivf cycle in sept insyallah. Btw u under which doc? Is it prof wong nuh? Duno if im gonna stick wif him again for second round? Suggestions?

Salam All...
happy.gif

Alhamdulillah. Good luck NurA. Have a good rest & take care.

Caramel, Glad that you feel better now.

I'm on Day 1 Puregon now... still thinking which TCM should I go.. Besides TCM @ AMK & Raffles, is there any other TCM that anyone of you can recommend? Ouh btw, I'm stayin in West area.

Back