IVF/ICSI - cycle buddies

hi chloe
my new employee?
they knw i'm interested in doing IVF but they dunno when..

hi rachel
today realli alot ppl eating ice cream leh :p

hi all,
jus came back after a long day outside. I m starting nordett tab tomorrwo and lucrin injection on 10/5. My scan and bld test will be on the 23/5. Nurse sara was really great. This is the first time i met her and i feel more comfortable at the clinic for the first time.

The counselling went well, the counselor said the same thing as wat some sisters were saying "HB boss and me employer" we discussed more abt handling failure. I told her that i m worried wat to do if it fails. she said try not to do anything that u regret doing during my first cycle and be confident. she also asked us to plan ahead wat to do if it doesnt work.

rachel,
yes need to still jab, nurse sara said keep injecting until i say stop. Thanks for the flower, soo cute!

constantia,
yes, we shld go for the scan whether got AF or not nurse sara jus told me.

Hui,
nurse taught hb to do the jab, he seem to be very happy leh, me soo scared. somemore he say "dont play play with me, ur tummy in my hands" aiyo he very mean, keke

hi humble

ur hubby so cute. My hubby did the jab for me too. So far, doing fine, no blue black or wat-so-ever.

btw, can i check with u gals. i tend to have sweaty palms when i am in office. Is it a sign that i am stressed?

Hi Rachel
I'm back. Was on vacation for a few days. Suppose to start cycle next week. You have started yours this week right ? Is this your first attempt ? Me first time. Probably need advice from all sisters along the way.

Anyone else starting cycle soon ?

chloe,
u r on medication now right? I remember reading somewhere the ivf drugs can cause sweaty feeling. May b the other gals wld help us here.

TTBS,
welcome back, how was ur trip? so when are u starting?

hi Humble
nurse sarah is reali nurse..i alwaz call her if i got any doubts..keke..ur HB reali cute..knw how to joke..how the counselling?no nd pay rite?keke

hi TTBS
welcome back...

chloe,
May be oso, i used to hav this prob when i first started this stressful job 2 yrs ago but now no more, may b used to the stress already ha ha! wat are u doing?

hui,
yes no need to pay here cos its all included in the package and if we dont go we waste money u know?

hui
u mean my job?
I m a preschool principal, u can check the friends and relatives thread for more info on my job, hee hee....

humble
wah...siao zhang leh...(in chinese is principal)
becm a pre schl teacher is my dream..but cannot be a teacher coz i study till sec two onli
:p

Hi TTBS, I will be starting Lucrin on 7/5.

Hi Humble, I was wondering how come u oredi know your scan & blood test date? I thought u must wait for your menses to come, then on D6 only do scan & blood test. I would like to know whether our menses during IVF will come chun chun as given in the schedule by the centre ie. D30 (10 days after Lucrin). Myself very confused leh hope u can help.

Hui,
the post is not as tasty as it sounds keke...u need to multitask and can really b very stressful at times esp when there's a disease outbreak and managing adults (esp prob ones) is something i hate hee hee. u can b cc assistant teacher if u go for some fundamental training.

ladies..
tata..me going home le..
happy.gif

jily,
yes the nurse told me the menses wil come exactly on the given date if we take the medications regularly. Mine seems to be 14 days after starting lucrin. I think we may be on different protocol. Which clinic are u with and what is your protocol?

411586.gif
hui

morning... hehehee I'm the 2ns per
on leave today again... went to the ultrasound scan and blood test... a bit worried again... hope everything goes well cause only in the afternoon then I'll know the results... can't wait...

hi ladies!

Had my 1st puregon jab today - it seems to sting a little when the medicine goes in.......dunno if anyone else has that same feeling?

Rachel- the lucrin jabs go on, no matter what - even when AF comes (which it will), lucrin continues. Puregon is different tho - I was told 2 go back 8 days later 4 a u/s 2 chk if follicles r growing nicely. On that day, I must continue with Lucrin but NOT puregon.

The puregon is soooo expensive - ouch! It cost me S$823 for 8 days worth of puregon!

I hv a question - I was reading some of the archived posts on the IVF/ICSI Support Grp thread & some of the women talked abt not eating chicken/soya sauce/beancurd etc. Can anyone tell me why? thanks!

akandatang,

hello... so good can start on puregon... how long have u been on lucrin? are u continuing on lucrin? how's your result for the previous u/s?

Wow!!! Puregon real exp!!! :p

Hi Constantia18 - 2day is D22 on Lucrin. I went for an u/s on D14 of Lucrin - was told that my body/hormones were suppressed but my womb lining was still quite thick cos i just finished AF so I had 2 continue on Lucrin 4 another week b4 starting on Puregon today. Yes, I am 2 continue Lucrin till they tell me 2 stop - I guess that should be just b4 ER. I hope I can get to that stage!!!

hello all,
akandatang,
I m not sure abt chicken but i have posted a website address in the ivf/icsi-news and information thread that leads to an article that says why soya products are no good. Have good reading.

constantia,
is this your first scan? I m sure you'll get a good result soon. How? did u discuss with hb abt the preschool job, are u still interested? Let me know if u r and if u need a job. hee hee sorry think i m changing this thread into job bank keke.......

hui,
yes, u can take the fundamental certificate course if you wish to be an assistant but it does not lead you any further cos you need at least 3 O's to go for the 1 yr cert and from there can upgrade dip and degree.

akandatang

Yeh!!! Just called them to get my results... my result same as u!!! So coincidence!!! I also have to continue my Lucrin for another week plus, (like you!) cause my womb lining also quite thick (is it everyone the same?) and I'll be starting on the 8 May for puregon!!! Let's keep our fingers cross that we will to go the last stage, ok?
kao_kiss.gif
We can support each other during the 2ww!!!

humble,
yup yup this is my first scan... hahahaa... dun think will change at the moment lah... maybe after everything... me still interested dun worry... maybe we can be colleagues next time!!! :p anyway, know of any good schools to learn preschool course?

constantia,
Yep that wld be great! in my opinion RTRC Asia, Advent Links, ICEC, NIE, and learning capital are all good.

Hui,
Why soo quiet today, no post yet? Busy business ah? hee hee.........

Hi Humble,
Thnx for your info. Mine scheduled to come 10 days after Lucrin but I asked the coordinator whether the menses date will be only tentative and she said yes. Dunno maybe she misunderstood me or what. I will be on Lucrin from day 21 up to day 31 ie. the 1st day of menses (D1). Then D2 onwards on Lucrin & FSH up to D11. D12 on Lucrin, FSH & HCG, then next day, D13 stop all jabs. D14 will be EC and D16 will be ET. Is it different from yours? I doing the program in KL Malaysia.

Jily,
yes seems a little different from mine, but dont worry every clinic has their own protocol and so no problem.

constantia,
keke........may be i shld ah!

Hi akandatang
If I'm not mistaken, the reason for not eating chicken is bcos of the hormone injected to commercial chickens to make them grow at a faster rate. No good for us especially those with endometriosis. Kampung/organic chicken is ok to eat.

hi constantia18, yes we go do 2ww together, along with chloe....
happy.gif

hi humble... is nurse sara a chinese with short wavy hair & wear specs??
happy.gif

Hi TTBS, long time no "see"...
happy.gif
ya jus started on 24/4..... wher did u go?? kpo here.... yes, this is my 1st IVF....
happy.gif

thanks akandatang....
happy.gif
to me it seems getting more painful each day...
sad.gif
jus tis morning, i squeezed shut my eyes when i poked the syringe in....
sad.gif
sad leh, by rite, shld b better everyday but it's not...
sad.gif

hi Rachel - did u poke the syringe in at 90 degree angle? I find that it doesn't hurt when it goes in at 90 deg but otherwise, it hurts a little. Did u pinch yr flesh, plunge the syringe, release flesh, squeeze medicine in, hold 4 5 sec then pull out the syringe? Poor girl - i hope it gets btr 4 u!

Constantia - yay, 1 more week & u get 2 meet the Puregon Pen! Quite cool gadget.

Jily & Humble - thx much 4 the info.

I spent some time last few days reading thru the archived post in the Support Grp thread & there is such a wealth of info there!

hi akandatang, yes i did the methods u desc but tink am too anxious abt it :p hopefully will b better next time.... puregon pen neddle is more fine then the syringe for lucrin leh.... tt's y when i used the pen previously, no pain.....

rachel,
I think so i remember she had wavy hair but didn see long or short le! she looked very young to me. so sorry to know that its painful during jabs, you do it yourself is it? I dont dare to do it myself always close my eyes while HB injects. Akantatang is right thats what the nurse told us also. Hope u dont feel much pain the next time.

hui,
no wonder cant see u yesterday. so how's everything going?

hui,
dun worry... time also flies... soon it'll be your turn before you realise it... trust me...

akadatang,
can't wait!!! Looking forward to it!!! By the way, is it normal for the lining in the womb to be thick? Can't help but worried a bit... did they tell you the result of the eggs? whether is there enough or what? Or is it that we can only know that later stage? Worried that eggs not enough... :p

Rachel,
and also akandatang!!! Think she'll be in the same 2ww as us too... :p

Hi Rachel how r u 2day? Hope the Lucrin jab 2day was less painful.

Hi Hui very very soon, itll b yr turn sharing yr experience here!

Constantia18 ya, I think its natural 2 hv a thick womb lining juz aft AF, the additional wk of Lucrin is, I guess, 2 thin the lining 2 get ready 4 the stimulation stage. Regarding eggs not yet lah - long way more 4 me b4 I find out the no. & quality of eggs. I go 4 a v-scan on 3 May 2 chk on size of the follicles. If not big enuff, then its more puregon, scans etc till theyre big enough for the harvest! I also worried now worry whether the follicles will hv eggs or not, worry if eggs will be of gd quality or not, aiyah, I think every stage sure got different sets of worries!

hi buddies..
today i'm off again..yest can't post any msg..my server dwn
sad.gif
..oo..budddies who got watch korean series show..pls catch Bride 18..nice show..i watch twice le
happy.gif

Humble
i'm alright..yest bosses cm dwn n ask me y i'm leaving company..
sad.gif

Constantia n Akandatang
hmm...i will be waiting patiently
happy.gif

coz me n HB gave up our honeymoon for this treatment
happy.gif
if not we wan go korea for honeymoon..

Hi gals,
any idea how long is it between the baseline scan/bld test and ER, I need to apply leave for 2ww if i dont apply now then i cant take leave. Hope i can get an appoximate date.

thanks in advance

hui,
so when is your last day? Do PM me if you need job in the future ok?

sorrie i dont watch korean series, yesterday watched supernanny, very good program some may lose interest in children if you watch those monster kids ha ha! But they are sooo cute you know!

Humble
yest went to see sin seh again..this time round she gave me med to drink for concevie..i'm thinking of going acu but dunno will "zhou hou lu mor' anot..haha..

Humble
i understand..kids mayb monster but sometimes when they are quiet n i sit dwn n observe them doing their things..they are so cute
happy.gif
me got a job le..selling shoes n bags..dunno can take it anot
sad.gif

hui,
I agree, guess wat its the best job at this time cos u dont need to carry things or worry so much, childcare and infant care need to carry bb leh and somemore some bb very fat and chubby hee hee!

I m going to work now so see u later!

Humble this is wat Ive been told so far.

Aft 1st baseline scan 1 more week on Lucrin (IF u need it, if not straight onto Puregon/Lucrin), Min 8 11 days on Puregon/Lucrin, Max 11 15 days. After that, HCG jab & within 36 hrs will be the ER. 2 days later will be ET followed by the 2ww.

So looks like average abt 3 weeks from baseline scan to 2ww? Maybe the ladies fr the MTB Or support group thread will be better able to answer?

hi gals,
busy today...

humble,
wow!!! I love that show very much!!! "Supernanny"!!! The nannies are really good and the children are really naughty!!! I always like naughty kids cause I find them more playful and loving, but the show, the kids are REAL naughty!!! So naughty that I can't stand them and their parents!!! Ha! Hope I won't be like that next time...

Anyway, think akandatang's time frame is roughly there, cause I did ask nurse Sarah how long roughly will the program be... and she gave me that time frame too...

Hi gals, can I ask you something? Has anyone here thought of adopting if really really can't make it successful ... Anyone know how to adopt? Cause that's be my last resource! If really everything can't work... that'll be it... my colleagues actually encourage that cause some of their friends did that and are very very happy... what you gals think?

Morning ladies!!

hi Constantia
for me i dun realli agree in adopt..coz i dunno wat my HB relatives will think n my PIL will think..moreover i'm scared when the child grown up n knw we are not his/her bio parents i think he/she will be upset..
sad.gif
,but if u realli like kids alot then u can think of adopt..for me..if heaven thinks dat i'm not fated to be a parents then let it be..
happy.gif

hi all,
hope everybody is doing great and looking forward to a great weekend.

constantia,
Yep i agree that kids in "supernanny" show are real monster but like you i like mischievious kids more.

About the adoption, me and hb thot of adopting kids from poor family from another country. We still want to do it but only after we hav our own child. my hb likes to hav 3 kids so probably we will adopt one or two. However, i will only do it if i hav one of my own cos i really want to experience being pregnant and so on. I ever told hb abt donor sperm (ours is male factor) hb is not even ready to listen to it now but deep in my heart i hav this thot, if all fails i'll opt for that, of course hb must agree whole heartedly first.

In my opinion, kids are kids whether they are yours or not. If you adopt a baby when he/she is very young (few months old) i m sure the bonding and love wld be great. Through my experience in childcare and infant care i hav learnt that i can love anybody's child if i can bond with the child.

Hui,
I agree with you abt relatives and friends. I feel that we will hav no problem when the kids grow up, all we need to do is break the news at the right age and in right manner. Yes, at the end of the day we should be comfortable abt the idea before we go for it.

akandatang,
Thanks soo much for the info, i think now i can roughly apply my leave before someone else does it. Take care u

hello all,
Wish everyone good luck and success and I wish to see all joining the IVF-MTBs thread very soon so that it will be more lively there.
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif
kao_babydust.gif

blue_rabbit,
thanks a lot... I hope to join u too... hope everything goes on smoothly... anyway, do you have a list of "dos and don'ts" during the 2ww? like to keep myself prepared...scared I'll regret if anything happen...
kao_blush.gif

humble,
yup! I agree with you... who don't want to have a feel of getting pregnant... but if really don't have you won't adopt also? I really want to have a child regardless whether is it mine or not... like what you say, if really get a few months old baby, if really bonded, will be no problem. I also want to adopt from those poor countries as I feel if really I have to adopt, it's god's will to let me do a good deed, and I will love the kid wholehearted... cause I feel, what is meant to happen, will happen...
kao_smile2.gif

Back