IVF at NUH--feedback pls

Mel
Are your cing any tcm now & where you cing? thinking of changing tcm. really? oh, i thought its good for women as well, oops! i was using google to search for essential supplements for infertility & i came upon an article saying maca has been used by many women to combat infertility by bringing hormonal balance....i think now i desperate, everything also 'da'! hahaha...think i go read more about it before deciding. thanks for your info dear
happy.gif

Hi Babywishdreamer,

My appt with Prof Wong on 30th May,KKH staff told me that should be not ready by that time!So your 1st cycle with Dr Loh,heard he very good and got lot of success cases. Do you mind to share your dosage of puregon? I was like nightmare as well when recall of my eggs & only 1 embroy,i was so worry that my ET will cancel.

I hardly fall sick,only like 1-2 times per year with flu or fever.I'm not sure why i was so bad luck to fall sick during the most important stimulation stages!I didnt see TMC or eat any supplement food b4 treatment as dr said i'm ok so i tot i'm really ok!For my AMH reading, as dr said consistent with my age and i tot age cant change so i just dont care, who know the result so poor at the end.Haha...I only eat more healthy,protein powder,milk, black soya bean juice,chicken essense ,EW,folid acid during IVF treatment.

After reading your experience make me a bit scare,i plan to see tmc and do accupucture, and i'm eating Q10 to improve my eggs condition.Do u know the reason why u did many in 2nd cycle but the result worst than 1st cycle? Which TMC u see? Is it good? Btw,for your AMH reading,what dr advise u?

baby: for last cycle i was seeing eu yan sang paragon specilist, but later i found out the charge is quite ex compare to other tcm. so now im going to see Dr Zou @ AMK. many sisters in the forum seeing her and said she is good.

actually im not too sure abt maca either. i also dunno what supplement i shld take. im currently taking conceive well gold and royal jelly. going to do tcm + acu also. not sure enough of not.

Lavender
huh?! and KKH actually tell you will not be ready then?! goodness then i think no hope for me too. If that's the case, i think i might write a layman medical history on my own first since ive know the readings of all my test result & the kind of medications & dosage & result for both the cycles. Maybe tell him that i will extend the report from KKH to him again once its ready. my dosage was 350puregon+75menopur. yours?

i think you might had been too nervous/uptight & that's y fall sick?

i think your condition will not be so bad, so far in my memory i think im one of e raw few to have ET cancelled. Really suay
sad.gif

Dr said though my AMH reading bordeline but given my age should not have a problem and thus did not increase the dosage too much (from the first time) this round & he was surprised my reaction was that poor.He mentioned about giving me DHEA the next round. i'm with those normal neighbourhood tcm near my place, the physician is nice but some how did not work for me. or maybe its just my lousy body....

Mel
whats the charges for Dr Zou? i heard that her queue is very long & that she uses electro-magnetic accup? i scare leh..painful? many ladies in the other thread mentioned that evening primrose oil & flaxseed is good. i recalled someone mentioned immunocal as well, still trying to find out what is it for as its not cheap. i'm afraid of taking too many & in e end 'overloaded'...hee

Hi Baby,

Yes. I wonder just 1-2pages medical report need 1 mth?!Charges so expensive some more! Like you,i'm also thinking to write a layman medical report to show Prof Wong.

My dosage was 300 ul puregon for 7 days then increase to 400 ul for another 3 or 4 days to increase my eggs size.

Can i check with u how KK calculate IVF treatment bill? I have received my medical bill which 5k plus was deducted from my medisave,how about the co fund? And do we still need to pay cash? As so far i only receive medisave deduction medical bill.

Lavender
maybe you want to wait for your final bill. i do not really know how to put it in words without using the bill to show u. basically, the detailed billing will have pages with details of medication/procedures/test etc charged for accordingly to date of incurred. The total of each page will be divided by 2 - 50% by medisave, 50% by co-fund until the point co-fund of $3000 used up then the rest will be charged to medisave accordingly to the medisave limit. for my first cycle, total charges did not exceed the total medisave limit & co-fund so zero amount due from me. Those cannot be paid using medisave or co-fund would have already been paid by cash e.g. blood test (HIV, rubella etc), counseling, lucrin+syringe & insurance for ET.

Hope i did not confuse you further...hee...

I'll be doing my 2nd ivf at Nuh with Prof Wong. 1st time at Nuh. Did my 1st ivf at kkh 3 years back. So need you all to share me what are your preparation in undergoing ivf treatment. Any vitamins or supplement that you take before your ivf treatment?like taking conceive well gold blackmores? Did prof Wong ask you to take any any supplements?

Do you hear about Vitex? If yes, have you tried before?

baby: agree that taking too many might not be balance. evening primrose oil i tried before, i got skin breakout leh.

Nel: nothing much special for doing ivf at nuh. u need to consult prof wong 1st before u register ur cycle. as for preparation, im taking conceive well gold, royal jelly, bee pollen. gg for tcm + acu too.

Hi ladies,

Just dropping by to share my journey.
I used to drop here often but now just reading n contributing whatever I can.

I did Accupuncture with Dr Zou. Hers is cheaper that those high end tcm I guess.
Yes, she used some sort of electricity to circulate the blood.
It does help me in my lining n so on.
I will also take this session to take a short nap.. Hehe as I will be from work. She can't really understand English but know some basic ones.

When I did my ivf, no special medication, just strictly cutting down cold drinks. I went for traditional massage too.

During ivf the 2ww, I do eat brazil nuts and by this, no cold drinks at all.

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Good luck ladies

Mel, I gave birth last August. It was my 3rd attempt.
Don't panic. It does not mean you need to go through many times to be successful.
I bfp for my first cycle but miscarried at 7 weeks.

Mel
Oh! U got breakout when took evening primrose oil? Then i better start out with those small bottles one as ive got super sensitive skin...

Nel
Other than blackmore conceive well & ensure milk, im thinking to take evening primrose oil & flaxseed oil as well. Still sourcing for tcm.

Su
Thanks for sharing your success story
happy.gif
i hope i will be 'there' soon. Planning to go for my 3rd cycle....

Babywishdreamer.
So you took conceive well gold and ensure milk. May I know what's the benefit or purpose of drinking ensure milk? You took the white, strawberry or chocolate flavour?

What's the benefit of taking flaxseed oil?

Suyana, can you provide me the contact for traditional massage? are you referring to malay massage using jamu? i was asking on the other thread of ivf group support but no reply so far from any of them...maybe, they are not going to traditional massage. thanks!

Niko sorry missed out ur thread. I did my massage aft miscarriage wif my regular massage lady. She charged $60. Best to do it 3 days in a row. She does it et home; homebased. Was made to drink turmeric water. Of cos she wil teach e method of preparing n drinking it. No jamu cos different from giving birth. If u wan, u pm me.

Nel
yes, the benefit of ensure milk is like what nurul shared. i tried both vanilla & strawberry before, prefer strawberry. heard that e chocolate one is nice but I'm heaty constitute so dare not take. from what i read, flaxseed balances female hormones(balance estrogen-progestrone level).

nurul
your massage lady do it at her home or at your home? she does jamu massage? i thot of trying that as well, will you be able to PM me her number too? thanks
happy.gif

Hi sisters,
I am with Dr Zou for acupuncture as well. It seems that a lot of sisters are there. Sometimes during my session, I can hear her chit chat with other patients in mandarin, which I don't understand, but I can hear words like Prof Wong, Dr Loh, eggs, etc. I am so curious to know what is going on. Lol. Just a bit of funny info to cheer us all up.

If u ask Prof Wong what supplement for the woman to take, he only says folic acid. The rest is up to u.

Niko, my massage lady did not use jamu. Just oil for the massage. The jamu she gave was only after I gave birth during confinement.

I am not too sure if she's taking any more ppl coz now she's busy. She had to reject some ppl.

Niko n babywishdreamer my massage lady uses her own oil. Unlike after birth. Babywishdreamer yes she massage me et her house but ladies she massage not like spa; soft n relax de.

Niko u dun accept pm.

Nel actually for me I hav been taking Conceive Well, Folic, EW, LRD, ensure n brazil nuts.

Hi babywishdreamer
Thanks for your clear explaination.So still got final bill will be send? First time do IVF in KK so blur blur...haha

Hi Mel
I went to see Dr Zou at amk this morning.How often u plan to do accupucture over there? Dr Zou advise 2 times a week which i think very frequent oh?! Do u consume the powder medicine given by Dr Zou? Drink twice a day? How's the taste? I going to start the medicine tomorrow.

Hi Lavender, you are fast! I haven manage ti visit Dr Zou yet lol. I've been lazy cos my dh was on biz trip and just came back.

If u are preparing for ivf, why not just follow Dr Zou advice? Think the frequency depends on individual rite? last time my ivf cycle, I did acu at EYS, every alternate day has to do acu during stim phase, all the way till ET. After ET, go straight away to TCM to do acu, then can go home rest.
as for the taste, dun think it will be nice anyway. the taste of the med may change everytime if Dr change ur med hehe.

Babywishdreamer: sorry i just noticed u asked me abt the tcm charges. for acu, dr Zou is $25, EYS is $90. med EYS is $7 per day (2 packets morning &amp; night), so one mth $200, but Dr Zou med is much er cheaper, think <$100.

Lavender: how much is Dr Zou's med?

Hi Mel, I was with Dr Zou today. Since I dont know Chinese language it was really difficult for me to communicate with her. I will be doing my FET around 14th. from your previous post I can infer that she does acu after ET. Is it for FET as well or only for fresh cycle?

Siddhi, I know what u mean about not being able to talk much with Dr Zou! What u can do is see if there are other ladies waiting for their turn and ask them to help u translate, if u don't mind of course. Everybody there is on the same boat. Your FET is coming so soon? I thought there was a 3-month wait after a fresh cycle?

Nel
heard that its good to start supplements, tcm etc at least 3mths before ivf.

Lavender
Welcome
happy.gif
Yes. the final bill will be sent. the first time i also blurblur &amp; called up the admin office to ask one..haha.

Mel
Thanks for the info on Dr Zou's consultation
happy.gif

Nurul
Thanks for the info. I like those none spa style of massage...hee..convenience to PM me the contact?

Siddhi, sorry im not too sure abt acu for FET. im seeing her on the next Sat. i could help u ask if u want. but from my previous TCM with Eu Yan Sang, sensei said usually acu is before ET (not too sure abt FET but i guess same concept) to help relax the womb and prepare for better lining n implantation. after ET usually no more acu except on the ET day itself for the last acu.

Hi Ladies

Would like to noe what is EW and LRD?

Just had a failed ivf cycle at nuh.. ER 11 eggs only 1 fertilized but arrested on day 3... My lining is only 4mm! Dr told me to try again in 2 mth time
sad.gif

Asked dr if there's anyway to improve egg quality n lining. He said nothing n just hope d nex rd will be better!

I nd to noe what supplements shld i take to help wif quality n for lining. I read royal jelly, coq10, multivit, fishoil, accu... N anything else??

hi jaraine, EW = egg white, LRD = logan red date tea
high protein could help to improve the egg quality, such as EW, ensure milk. In addition, tcm &amp; acu may help to improve lining and relax the womb to make it better for implantation. royal jelly is good for fertility and balance the body hormones, but may gain weight based on other sisters f/b.

which Dr were u with? take this time to adjust ur body, and prepare for the next try. jia you!

Thks Mel!

Aiyo i tink for v long cant figure out wat izit.. Hahaha!

Wanted to adj my body be4 tis cycle but dr say dun wait.. Later my amh drop further so v gan cheong start d cycle after seeing him.. Wrong decision! Tis time i intend to tiao at least 3-4 mth be4 i start again...

Im wif pc wong.. If he's not ard another dr stephen chew will take over.

Actually i duno whether i shld stay wif pc wong or try another dr for ivf... I did my cycle at nuh becos i nd to do PGD.. There's only 1 lab in spore n it's at nuh. No other dr wanted to see me cos of my medical condition..they say only kkh or nuh can help me..
sad.gif

hi jaraine, i had 2 ivf cycles wif prof Wong. when I failed the 1st one, i asked him whether i should try again, he left it to me (i have no issue with amh). so there must be a reason for him to ask u not to wait.

Since there's only 1 lab in nuh, and prof knows ur situation from the 1st cycle, he might adjust accordingly to improve it. changing a dr means u need to buy the med report from nuh and bring over, but the report might not be as detailed as ur case notes with nuh. i'm gg to stay with prof wong for my 3rd try for these reasons too. and I personally feel comfortable with prof, and happy with CHR nurses' services.

so am I right to assume ur last ivf is Apr cycle? 2mths later will be Jun cycle. If u register for jun cycle, the ER, ET &amp; 2ww might be July le. So u still got some time to adjust. quickly book tcm appt, and let the tcm sensei know ur plan n timeline, so that he/she could adjust acu frequency accordingly.

just my 2 cents. all the best to ur next cycle! im waiting to see prof on 01 Jun, then will decide when to go for the 3rd cycle. im looking at Sug/Sep/Oct. let's jiayou together~~

Eating egg white and red Logan tea before the 3 months of the ivf process? Or during the implantation of the fertilised egg into our womb?

Soft egg white or hard egg white? Where can I get red Logan tea? Is it in a ready made one?

So during this three months, I need to drink ensure milk, royal jelly, conceive well gold. Are these enough?I

Hey Nel:
2nd IVF can use $4000 medisave + co fund. For my 2nd cycle (both my dh n me are singaporeans), i spent $3500 cash after medisave + co fund.

EW can be both half boiled or hard boiled. can start eating when cycle starts. high intake recommended during stim phase, nurse recommend 4-6 a day. some sisters in forum took 12 EW everyday, so it's up to u. EW could help to prevent OHSS also.

LRD is usually to take during 2ww. Or if your body is not those heaty type, u could drink it regularly.
It can be homemade. here is some recipe fyi. rem to serve warm/room temp during ivf.
http://www.asianhealthrecipe.com/healthy-beverage-recipes/dried-longan-red-date-drink-recipe.php
http://mykitch3n.blogspot.com/2009/01/longans-and-red-dates-tea.html

to prepare for ivf, there are diff supplements taken by diff ppl. if u ask dr, they will only tell u to take follic acid. so it's up to u.

currently im taking royal jelly, conceive well gold, bee pollen &amp; propolis. i really dun like ensure milk taste, so im taking fresh milk. LRD &amp; EW I plan to take during ivf cycle.

Hope these info helps.

Hi piky

You can start on the 2nd day of your period.

Hi Mel

Yes my cycle was in apr, i think getting medical reports is not a prob. I always have the habit to get the nurse to give me a copy when i'm there for appt since they hv my file wif them. If you go thru hospital, you have to wait and pay for the reports. chr nurses r quite easy so no prob. If nasty nurses, i will tell them off i paid full not subsidised for d tests why i can't hv a copy?!

Do you noe why both ur cycles failed?

I tink i will aso stay with NUH but i will definitely seek 2nd opinion and make sure everything is ok be4 i start 2nd cycle. I'm concern about my lining cos i did quite a no.of d&amp;cs. d last d&amp;c was 2010. Other than IVF, if you have other issue prof won't further investigate. My uterine lining is 4mm v unlikely to get preg but prof told me i don't hv any embryo so we can't say it can't implant, next rd we try again n see how! walau i'm human leh not robot and i dun print $! he say nothing can be done to improve lining &amp; embryo quality which i find is untrue. At least i need to find out d underlying prob. bo biao hv to chk wif other dr.

Piky i aso had 4 d&amp;c done.. Everytime i hv no prob getting preg after dat. It's only after d last one i just cldnt get preg eventhou m ovulating n my period is like spotting only.. Tcm told me my lining is too thin. During ivf one of d dr who did my scan did mention cld be scarring cause by my last d&amp;c. I did acupuncture be4 n during ivf din help much maybe i din do long enuf but i feel it's better for me to go for a hysteroscopy to chk my lining.

Sisters, it is really a sad day for me. Went to nuh this morning for the pre ivf reports. Dr chew told me tat, only 1 of my ovary is reachable to retrieve egg if i really wan to go for ivf. One of the ovary is at the upper part of uterus, can see but the needle will not able to reach. He also mentioned tat, when stimulate for eggs, sometime only 1 of the ovary has eggs, another 1 nothing. If the eggs all grow in the upper ovary, the process will be wasted as egg not retrievable. My reserve also veli low due to age. So high dosage is a must, with veli slim chance of success. Another bad thing, my cycts is coming back after 1 yr
of removal. DH troops also not improving after 3mths of multi vitamins, etc. Haiii, what shld i do? I look at Dr Chew impression, seem tat even ivf cant help us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi mel,

The Dr Zou's accupucture cost $30 per session for 40 minutes front &amp; back,no more $25 since 1st Apr.My medicine is $56 for 14 days.The powder medicine taste disgusting and after a while still have vomit kind of feeling.Not sure will u feel the same after consume,do share your feeling after u visit Dr Zou ok?

I have an appt to see my KKH dr tomorrow,not sure what he will comment about my failed IVF treatment.haha...

Hi babywishdreamer,
When will u see Dr Jerry in KKH to review your previous IVF treatment?

Hi Emily,Just read your sharing,dont be sad. how much your AMH reading? Do u consult Prof Wong? As he is more senior &amp; experience.

Hi Emily,
Sorry to hear about your news. Maybe u can try seeing another doctor for a second opinion before deciding what to do? Have u tried dr Loh at Thomson. I hear a lot of good things about him on this forum. He was previously at Kk. Big hugs to u. Also, low chance does not mean no chance!

Hi Emily,

Had been a silent reader in this thread till I read your post. Tot i jus post you a msg to give u some encouragement. I just started my tww. Am in the same situation as u though I did not know until the day of ER. 8 eggs were recovered from my rt ovary only as my left ovary is not reachable. Both ovaries had follicles tho the left doesn't have as many as the right. But out of the 8, 5 fertilised successfully and are doing ok and 2 were transferred. I was disappointed when they did not retrieve any from my left ovary as it was unexpected. Unlike u, the unusual position wasn't detected or maybe they simply not telling me, so i went ahead w the entire ivf anyway. Anyway, my point is, maybe sometimes its good not to know too much but even if u do, remember that doc can only tell u so much based on wat info they have from u. It takes a leap of faith into the unknown and who noes, u may have follicles in both ovaries and everything will turn out fine. But if u never try, u will never even know. If it doesn't work, u noe at least u tried right? For me, even tho now that i know one of my ovaries is not reacheable, i will still go ahead with my 2nd &amp; 3rd ivf if required.

Back