IVF at KKH or TMC

sonip

Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 5:24 pm:       
Hi,
I am TTC from last 3-4 years and now After few failed attempts of IUI I am going for IVF at KKH with Dr Sadhana. she is a very busy Doctor and I don't have very pleasent experience with her.
Recently I had heard about Dr S H Loh at TMC, even met him once. He seems to a very calm n patient person.
But I am still very confused for choosing between IVF by Sadhana at KK or by Dr Loh at TMC.
If anyone had gone or going through same procedure, please Help
Thanks

U should go with a doctor you are comfortable with. I understand your discomfort when you mentioned she's very bz. It think it felt as though you are wasting the doxtor's time if you ask too many questions.

Yeah, I already changed and I am really happy after seeing Dr SF Loh and Dr. Balaji. Started my first cycle of IVF, I am now in 2WW of my cycle. I was never so hopeful when seeing Dr Sadhana

Summer.. I really read reviews about different Drs and came to conclusion to move ahead with Dr Loh and now satisfied with my decision
happy.gif

Hi, i've just started my pre-ivf investigation at kk. Can share with me whats the cost diff of seeing Dr Loh st TMC vs KK? I m not sure which doc will be seeing me for ivf yet. But last week, i'm suppose to see a male doc but he was called away for an urgent op, so i seen the lady chinese doc instead. (forgotten both their names). But the lady doc order lotsa test for me. Ultrasound pelvic, SIS, proges/FSH etc blood test

Cost difference is in the treatment , I mean IVF.
To me if cost around 14-15k at TMC with Dr Loh. While at KK they told me it will come around 8-10K.

I was told by the nurse that i only need pay cash about $2000 after medisave and govt grant...
so means, if at TMC, i need top up cash around 5-6K? How much can we use from medisave and govt grant?

hi Ladies,

Can anyone let me know the costs of IVF in NUH/KKH?
IVF in private hosp got government subsidies? how much?
IVF can claim from Medisave, how much?

Thanks a lot....
happy.gif

If you are a Singaporean and your hubby is Singaporean, government grant is $3000. If you are PR/foreigner then amount is reduced.
For me, hubby Singaporean, me PR - I only got $2100
Ie. at least one of you (you or hubby) must be a Singaporean to get govt grant.
Government grant only given if IVF is in KKH/NUH/SGH. Max 3 cycles only.
Private clinics - no government grant given.

Medisave - can use at both private and public hospitals.
1st attempt - can use $6000, 2nd - attempt $5000, 3rd attempt $4000. Can split this between you and your hubby too.

I think the usual quote is to expect $9000-$12000 at public hospitals.
For private hospitals - can vary greatly, depending on who you see - but it would be upward of $12000.

To me it came around 15k at TFC and I am seeing Dr LoH.
But I had a failed Cycle
sad.gif
m so will be going for FET for my next.

Hi,

Was with Dr Loh before he moved to TMC, he was with KKH also with Dr Balaji. But before I could start the injections, he moved to TMC so we changed to Dr Sadhana for the procedure. We did not have any doctor appt with her before the procedure so first time we met was for the follicle retrieval but she is quite reassuring. Our first doctor appt with her was when I was 10 weeks pregnant. Good thing that we like about her is that we don't have to wait for 2 hrs to see her since she doesn't cramp her appts. Dr Loh's appt used to be 5 min apart and we had to wait at least 90 min before we see him!

Price wise, we paid close to $8k, with $3k govt grant, $3k + from medisave and less than $1k by cash. Did our procedure in Feb this year and is due in a few weeks time. Good luck!

Hi all, i'm planning to go for IVF at KKH and is trying to look for a good IVF doc at KKH. Any recommendations? the only good doc i've heard of was SF Loh but he is now with TMC.

Hi Ariesta

I am new to this thread. I have not started on IVF yet, but after 5 yrs of trying TCM, Clomid and still nothing, my husband and i are thinking of taking the plunge into IVF already.

How is your experience with Dr Tan HH?

Do you girls still continue working as normal while going thru IVF? Is it painful and tiring on the body? If my health is generally not so good, is it recommended to not stress out by continuing to work?

Hmmmm .. I'm surprised you didn't have a pleasant experience with dr Sadhana. I'm seeing her for my 2nd IVF. My first was with Dr Loh at KKH, I also did a round of SO-IUI under Dr Loh at TMC.

While Dr Loh is very suan ( which I gave him back equally), he is however assuring and optimistic. He is a real funny doctor and we like to joke with him during my visits. But private is after all private, he is costly. I paid about $3.6K cold hard cash for my 1 round of SO-IUI. One tube of 300iu purogon cost about $392 if I remember correctly. The waiting time was also crazy back then when his clinic just started operation.

I had myself transferred to Dr Sadhana for my 2nd IVF. I remembered cracking jokes too and there was a lot of laughter between us during my first consultation. She was patient and listened to me listing my medical history & expectations. I told her this is going to be my final attempt at ART & I'm willing to take the risk of OHSS. In short, I want many eggs. She remembered this throughout & before my ER in the theatre, she told me she remembered me saying I want a lot of eggs, and to hack care OHSS etc. I'm impressed, given she sees so many patients. It was another pleasant experience during ET where I called her my savior and hurried her for the procedure because my bladder was bursting. In short, she is a happy doctor. I'm pleased to have met her. My nurse friend at KKH also has good comments about her.

Anyway hope your journey with dr Loh is a good one. I missed him. Will probably return to him or dr Maureen for pap soon.

Hi,

I have recently moved to Singapore with my husband. I have tried 2 iui and 1 ivf before (not in singapore) but it wasn't successful. However, I have still not lost hope and want to try once again in Singapore.

I am a dependent pass holder and my husband has an EP. What would be the cost involved in IUI and IVF at KK Hospital? Also, any insurance covers fertility treatments?? Since I am new here.... I am pretty lost. Any information or advice will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance :)

Hi ladies.. I need some iNsight. I've went for all the necessary pre-post investigation at kkhivf. The last appt I had to do SIS. And had to wait for next appt for review (4weeks). What happen next after seeing doc? Me and hubby have not been schedule for any counseling session yet. This waiting game is slowly killing me softly. HeLp!!

Posted on Monday, July 30, 2012 - 5:24 pm:
Hi,
I am TTC from last 3-4 years and now After few failed attempts of IUI I am going for IVF at KKH with Dr Sadhana. she is a very busy Doctor and I don't have very pleasent experience with her.
Recently I had heard about Dr S H Loh at TMC, even met him once. He seems to a very calm n patient person.
But I am still very confused for choosing between IVF by Sadhana at KK or by Dr Loh at TMC.
If anyone had gone or going through same procedure, please Help

Really not surprised to hear abt Dr Sadhana's lack of patience but I am surprised that after 4 years of your post her lack of time to answer patients' questions remains the same. If anyone is expecting to have a doctor give you more than 5 minutes, dont go to her. For the cost of time and fee charged, she does go through her patients to cram up as many patients as she can. And of course if you do take more than 5 mins she will tell you ' sorry i have a lot of patients'!! So what makes her time more valuable than the patients who wait at least an hour for a 5 min consultation that doesnt contain any information that you could have read up on the internet about???

Hi i just came back from my first appt with dr sadhana.. we've inform her that we would like to undergo ivf.. she send me for a hormone blood test and hubs sperm quality cheCk.. she said after after the results come out if Everything ok then she will register me for ivf.....may i know how long you ladies have to wait till u guys start ur ivf journey..

I had my ultrasound and hcg test done at mount Elizabeth . I doubt so they will redo the test again.

Back