IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Depends on individual bah. Doctor will decide dosage n medicine ordered based on scan result. Dont get too worry if egg or lining not growing well. Cause like me cycle longer, the growth is slower.

I see! Shall see my result for the scan tomorrow. So you r in your TWW now? When is your blood test?

Had my normal IUI at nuh one week ago and totally no suspicious signs of pregnancy now . Only has one egg and 14 million sperm that day. My gynea that day is Stephen Chew he is quite a nice doc explained all the questions i asked. He said need only 1mill sperm and i got 14 lottery tickets. But i have no lottery luck so i dont have much confident. Quite sad that only one egg ovulated dr Anu said that its common to only have one egg with clomid alone. Is it true?

Me at kkh iui. Different lady scan for me and doc also different.

How was your iui today? BFP for us! Hopefully! Haha.

Just had my scan this morning.
R: 10/6.5/6/6/5
L: 6/6/5/5/5
Lining 4.9 only

The doc ask me go test for ovulation this sat. I wonder got so fast? I tot need at least 17 or 18? Mine is only 10? And others like so small only...

Doc also say the lining will increase as the follicles grow? Not sure how true though...

Guess i need to eat more egg white in order for the 10/6.5/6 to grow bigger...

Last edited:
Ok noted thanks! Just to check if the same doc be doing the scan tml each time? I am under dr tan HH btw.
Its the technician dat does the scan.....Dr will review thereafter...Each time diferent technician and also diferent dr.....

How was your iui today? BFP for us! Hopefully! Haha.

Just had my scan this morning.
R: 10/6.5/6/6/5
L: 6/6/5/5/5
Lining 4.9 only

The doc ask me go test for ovulation this sat. I wonder got so fast? I tot need at least 17 or 18? Mine is only 10? And others like so small only...

Doc also say the lining will increase as the follicles grow? Not sure how true though...

Guess i need to eat more egg white in order for the 10/6.5/6 to grow bigger...

Iui procedure is painless. Just that holding a full bladder waiting for Q is high tide. Lol.

I guess this is yr first scan that why folicles and lining still small. My recent iui doc also keep asking me do ovulation urine test (think they getting more kiasu). My first iui cycle didnt do so much ovulation test.

Lining and folicles will grow over time. My first scan result was lesser than you. Eventually got 2 egg 15mm, 1 egg 13mm before they trigger the following night so dont worry. Take more protein (i.e. meat n broccoli etc). As for lining, heard take red bean soup is good. Tcm also ask me drink red dates with wolfberries (daily if possible). Put 5-6 red dates with appx 10 wolfberries soak in hot water. Can refill hot water 2nd time.

Iui procedure is painless. Just that holding a full bladder waiting for Q is high tide. Lol.

I guess this is yr first scan that why folicles and lining still small. My recent iui doc also keep asking me do ovulation urine test (think they getting more kiasu). My first iui cycle didnt do so much ovulation test.

Lining and folicles will grow over time. My first scan result was lesser than you. Eventually got 2 egg 15mm, 1 egg 13mm before they trigger the following night so dont worry. Take more protein (i.e. meat n broccoli etc). As for lining, heard take red bean soup is good. Tcm also ask me drink red dates with wolfberries (daily if possible). Put 5-6 red dates with appx 10 wolfberries soak in hot water. Can refill hot water 2nd time.

Went for my 2nd scan yesterday, only 1 folicle grow bigger to 12.5mm. The rest all never grow.. lining increase to 6.5. Just hope that the rest of the folicles grow bigger...

I tried brew red dates and wolfberries today. Hopefully it helps. Going for my 3rd scan on tuesday. Doc say if tomorrow tested positive for ovulation have to go down tomorrow instead. Been taking red bean soup and raspberry tea leaf almost everyday, tcm advise 8mm lining would be better. Now hoping it grow thicker by 1.5 within these 3 days..

Went for my 2nd scan yesterday, only 1 folicle grow bigger to 12.5mm. The rest all never grow.. lining increase to 6.5. Just hope that the rest of the folicles grow bigger...

I tried brew red dates and wolfberries today. Hopefully it helps. Going for my 3rd scan on tuesday. Doc say if tomorrow tested positive for ovulation have to go down tomorrow instead. Been taking red bean soup and raspberry tea leaf almost everyday, tcm advise 8mm lining would be better. Now hoping it grow thicker by 1.5 within these 3 days..
Hi Augxp,

Might still early so lining and egg not ready, so don't get too worry. Relax
I jab for 21-22 days this round, thou kkh almost every morning ask for ovulation urine test before i jab (from the day they scan 1 of the egg 12mm)

Lining 8.1, Egg 15, 15, 13, 9.5, 7 on Mon. Tue morning i still jab.
Tue night then trigger shot. IUI on thur. But i taking 2 jab for the last few days (1 of the jab is prevent ovulation)
Eat well, sleep well & jia you.

Hi Augxp,

Might still early so lining and egg not ready, so don't get too worry. Relax
I jab for 21-22 days this round, thou kkh almost every morning ask for ovulation urine test before i jab (from the day they scan 1 of the egg 12mm)

Lining 8.1, Egg 15, 15, 13, 9.5, 7 on Mon. Tue morning i still jab.
Tue night then trigger shot. IUI on thur. But i taking 2 jab for the last few days (1 of the jab is prevent ovulation)
Eat well, sleep well & jia you.

When you will be going back for blood test? Your egg and lining looks good. Should be able to get a BFP! I am going back for my 3rd scan tomorrow. Hopefully by end of jab my result will be similiar to yours!

When you will be going back for blood test? Your egg and lining looks good. Should be able to get a BFP! I am going back for my 3rd scan tomorrow. Hopefully by end of jab my result will be similiar to yours!
Blood test on 21 Nov. The doctors will try their best to make sure lining & eggs are ok. So not to worry but success rate kind of based on luck thou. Baby dust to all. =)

Blood test on 21 Nov. The doctors will try their best to make sure lining & eggs are ok. So not to worry but success rate kind of based on luck thou. Baby dust to all. =)

I see! Just went for 3rd scan this morning. 1 egg 17mm and lining become 8mm triple. Doc ask me to test for ovulation tomorrow morning, if positive i will need to go for the trigger jab tomorrow morning as well. Otherwise, will do the trigger jab tomorrow night instead then iui will be done on friday morning.

I see! Just went for 3rd scan this morning. 1 egg 17mm and lining become 8mm triple. Doc ask me to test for ovulation tomorrow morning, if positive i will need to go for the trigger jab tomorrow morning as well. Otherwise, will do the trigger jab tomorrow night instead then iui will be done on friday morning.
Good Luck for yr IUI. Rem to go in with a full bladder

Hi ladies, I am considering IUI too after trying for almost 1 year. I have not seen any polyclinic to get referral letter yet. Would probably choose NUH.

Would like to know, how long is the period from getting a referral letter to first visit in NUH? And from 1st visit to 1st procedure, how long is it going to take? Can I start immediately? Or do i and my husband still have to go through all sorts of scans before starting 1st procedure?

As for the cost, may I know how much in NUH? And if anyone is doing in private gynae clinic, how much is it?

Thank you so much and pls pardon me for all the questions as I am clueless but desperate.

Good luck to all who are ttc-ing!

Hi ladies, I am considering IUI too after trying for almost 1 year. I have not seen any polyclinic to get referral letter yet. Would probably choose NUH.

Would like to know, how long is the period from getting a referral letter to first visit in NUH? And from 1st visit to 1st procedure, how long is it going to take? Can I start immediately? Or do i and my husband still have to go through all sorts of scans before starting 1st procedure?

As for the cost, may I know how much in NUH? And if anyone is doing in private gynae clinic, how much is it?

Thank you so much and pls pardon me for all the questions as I am clueless but desperate.

Good luck to all who are ttc-ing!
Hi Rafiki,

Watever I wanted to ask, you asked. I'm also want to know more about IUI..

hi all, i am new here.
i just did my first SO-IUI on sat with doc SF Loh at O&G
it hurts! and i had some bleeding for 2 days, but now it's gone.
so by now i'm 3dpiui - trying to ignore the 2ww and trying to be more in tune with my body for any changes or symptoms.
for now, it's just mood swing and bloatedness.

i kinda think i might have to go down the IVF route eventually...i dun think so-iui will help.
cos our problem is 2 fold - i dun produce enough eggs and hub's sperm motility is super low.
at my first so-iui he prescribed 5 days of jabs, and then my follicles were at about 12 n 14...then he jus prescribe me 2 more days of jabs, then next day trigger liao. no more scans to see whether follicles are big enough or not :confused:

so anyway...to save money i am thinking of going KKH to do it.
actually a friend had a successful IVF done with SF Loh thats why i jus jumped str to him but it's getting quite costly plus no subsidy. thats why thinking of going kkh now.

but gotta go polyclinic to get referral before i can get subsidy at KKH.
i've never been to polyclinic...can a kind soul pls tell me how to go about doing it?
how long is the waiting time from appt at polyclinic to getting an appt at kkh?

thanks in advance!

Hi Saky, my friend went Polyclinic to get referral last week, they got appointment made with KKH in late Dec.
thanks for the info!
isit i gotta go polyclinic and queue to see doc? can get the referral on the same day?

anyway i called kkh yesterday, they say if get referral, consultation is $39. but if make appt str with kkh, consultation can be abut $120-$140.
then i asked if it's Tan HH, his next avail appointment is early dec.
sian :(

thanks for the info!
isit i gotta go polyclinic and queue to see doc? can get the referral on the same day?

anyway i called kkh yesterday, they say if get referral, consultation is $39. but if make appt str with kkh, consultation can be abut $120-$140.
then i asked if it's Tan HH, his next avail appointment is early dec.
sian :(

Hi yes, I believe my friend went with her hubby to Polyclinic that one time to ask for referral, and they got it immediately. :)

The doc will ask you to choose SGH, KKH, NUH.

I didn't go through referral route and kind of regretting it. We really spend TOO MUCH on scannings and stuff. Subsidized route is really much more affordable, if you don't mind not seeing the same doc all the time.

Private eg sf loh. So iui can claim medisave. However, we did not proceed as point of time worried have to proceed next step. Thankfully succeeded under sf loh. 1st visit in April 2015. Bfp in dec 2015

Yes. Costly till lost count of bills. Thick stack

Private eg sf loh. So iui can claim medisave. However, we did not proceed as point of time worried have to proceed next step. Thankfully succeeded under sf loh. 1st visit in April 2015. Bfp in dec 2015

Yes. Costly till lost count of bills. Thick stack

oh so i can also use medisave if i do soiui with dr loh? i rem asking the counter ladies and they say cannot lei....hmm...maybe i call and ask again.
you succeeded in soiui under dr loh? congrats! and happy to hear that.
but in any case, i'm not doubting dr loh...its more like i doubt my own body plus the costs :(
problem with kkh is the waiting time.

Saky. Tired for a period of time.. :( when wife proposed private tmc. Without giving second thought, I asked to chop chop book appt. It's long and tough having to go through all these. Shall not go further as all of us here in same boat. I am a male Btw. . Jts.. cost is nothing. Can make back. Noted both your issues. At least know where he problem lies. Unexplained fertility is then a challenge. There is a lady here who tried several times.. fortunately delivered in Aug this year. Luck plays a part too. Pls note. Is number game.. Believe and keep to your prayers. I wish u all the best. Am planning to hoot another one, sibling for my boy.. which I am feeling very stress hoping not to go through the same process again

I'm th
oh so i can also use medisave if i do soiui with dr loh? i rem asking the counter ladies and they say cannot lei....hmm...maybe i call and ask again.
you succeeded in soiui under dr loh? congrats! and happy to hear that.
but in any case, i'm not doubting dr loh...its more like i doubt my own body plus the costs :(
problem with kkh is the waiting time.

Hi ladies,

If you go thro poly clinic u cannt choose the good doc. Go direct its ex then getting referral ltr from polyclinics. But I'm thinking of going to nuh n see dr anitha kale..

Any review about her? It's tiring going for so many scans b4 they come to a term which is the best solution for us.

Hi all. Im in my 6dpiui. So far only experience bloatness, sore breasts and extreme fatigue and nothing else. Isit a bad sign?

Usually my menses is around 6 weeks. Now is only 3 weeks plus is it too early for implantation?

Last edited:
Saky. Tired for a period of time.. :( when wife proposed private tmc. Without giving second thought, I asked to chop chop book appt. It's long and tough having to go through all these. Shall not go further as all of us here in same boat. I am a male Btw. . Jts.. cost is nothing. Can make back. Noted both your issues. At least know where he problem lies. Unexplained fertility is then a challenge. There is a lady here who tried several times.. fortunately delivered in Aug this year. Luck plays a part too. Pls note. Is number game.. Believe and keep to your prayers. I wish u all the best. Am planning to hoot another one, sibling for my boy.. which I am feeling very stress hoping not to go through the same process again

how many times your wife tried soiui before succeed? all with dr loh?
i know money can make back...but heart pain for my hub wallet also...
i'm concurrently seeing TCM also, meds also not cheap...sigh

yeah it's a tiring journey...so glad for this forum where we can give support to each other - jia you everybody! sometimes gotta pat each other shoulder for trying to hard and never giving up :)

so are you going to go straight to soiui for your 2nd one too?

Hi all. Im in my 6dpiui. So far only experience bloatness, sore breasts and extreme fatigue and nothing else. Isit a bad sign?

Usually my menses is around 6 weeks. Now is only 3 weeks plus is it too early for implantation?

Hi augxp, i'm 5dpiui...also bloated, tired, crampy, and always feel hungry. but these are also my pms signs....i dunno what's a good or bad sign but i'm trying not to think too much about it cos otherwise i'll just end up super disappointed.
best of luck to both of us!! ;)

Last edited:
Hi augxp, i'm 5dpiui...also bloated, tired, crampy, and always feel hungry. but these are also my pms signs....i dunno what's a good or bad sign but i'm trying not to think too much about it cos otherwise i'll just end up super disappointed.
best of luck to both of us!! ;)

Im also trying not to think so much and keeping my mind occupied. Baby dust to all!

How was your BT yest? I doubt i will be able to get a BFP. Been having cramps on and off. Seems like AF is coming, keep going to the toilet to check. Another 6 days to BT.

Last edited:
I have tried iui twice in sgh n failed both times. So sad. Don't know must wait how long to be pregnant :(

Hi Debunu,

Dun loose hope.. I'm also in ur shoe.. praying very hard but I have not try IUI. I'm thinking of seeking a good gynae. Heard Dr Anitha Kale is good.

I'm thinking of meeting her.

Anyway how old are u?

I have tried iui twice in sgh n failed both times. So sad. Don't know must wait how long to be pregnant :(

Hi Debunu,

Dun loose hope.. I'm also in ur shoe.. praying very hard but I have not try IUI. I'm thinking of seeking a good gynae. Heard Dr Anitha Kale is good.

I'm thinking of meeting her.

Anyway how old are u?

Hello i got qns to ask. i am still in my 2ww, can i eat promegranate?
Promegranate season is here! so fat n nice!
I tried to find out online but got mixed reviews...
Dunno if its ok to eat? any kind advice much appreciated!

Hi , am new here. My hub has low sperm count problem & been trying tcm for 3mths.. but i began to lose patience & faith..

Don know should go try IUI first or go straight IVF..

Any advise?

Back