IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Come here and rant all you want ... I'm sure you don't show this side to your wife :)

Every cycle that I failed, I needed my husband to react as normally as he could ... I don't think I can take it if he showed that he's disappointed ... Thankful that he understands me enough to know I don't need him to say anything ... just pat my head and tell me to prepare for the next round and pack our weekends with activities
Thanks ver just hopefully the feeling of disappointment can go away before I reach home. Guess is the search of answer or root cause of matter is what I am looking. Another item to the heckcare list I guess. Thanks ladies for the kind words and understanding.

My hb and I discussed before what we would do if we have no kids... if go for IVF, which is the last last stage of hope, and still dun have then we will just embrace life as it is and carry on with our lives. Easier said than done I guess. And there will always be a stigma why I can't give birth. Even though I have one child, I still ask myself why it's so hard to get preggy while my friends say they hit jackpot only once. Tearing when I type this... oh well.. jiayou everyone!

Agree that at the end of the day, even if a pregnancy is not meant to b, it is most important to lead a happy life... Whether w the kid(s) that we already hv or our spouses...

My hb and I discussed before what we would do if we have no kids... if go for IVF, which is the last last stage of hope, and still dun have then we will just embrace life as it is and carry on with our lives. Easier said than done I guess. And there will always be a stigma why I can't give birth. Even though I have one child, I still ask myself why it's so hard to get preggy while my friends say they hit jackpot only once. Tearing when I type this... oh well.. jiayou everyone!

O gosh seems my rant is a bad influence. Sorry ladies. Yes end of the day without kids or with our lives have to carry on,just have to plot a different direction.
Anyway for me just reach home and avoid talking on the matter as long as neither side bring it up. Not meant to be means not meant to be. as what chinese saying say "ren ming ba".

Sigh... Think this cycle not gg well... Everything looked gd on tues... But went for cd 10 scan today and doc thinks eggs are not growing properly... Getting injections everyday until sat, trigger sun nite n iui on tues

Did not even manage to do an IUI this time round. My follicles didnt even grow, just freeze at its previous size on Wednesday.

Although I am a bit sian lah, but I try to be optimistic. Try again on my next cycle. Next, time with injection.

Hi @AnnBby ,

Your IUI does not include inject at first? Only with pills? It is too bad and sad when we heard our follicles are not growing. Yeah, hope for the best on next try. When are you gonna try next cycle?

Sorry misspeace, maybe it had come to return you the joy you once gave it, in previous time. My side we are getting ready for another round of disappointment really feeling damm super duper dejected....

Hi @WJZKEV ,

I'm just trying to be optimistic, while waiting for natural mc. It is difficult though. When is your wife starting a next round? How many of IUI cycle did your wife tried?

Sigh... Think this cycle not gg well... Everything looked gd on tues... But went for cd 10 scan today and doc thinks eggs are not growing properly... Getting injections everyday until sat, trigger sun nite n iui on tues

Did you ask the size of eggs?
Best luck on the coming IUI @Wei1984 .

I know of a case of someone who probably got preggy for about 7 times and had 3 kids naturally. And twice she was preggy with twins. The rest of her pregnancy ended in mc. And she's probably in her late 30s. It's disheartening to see someone who is older and like so easily preggy while I had to struggle constantly just to get BFP once. I guess in the end it really is fate. My hb asked me why I want to have a second one since we have one it's okay already. Sometimes his comments really make me feel like giving up. Like what am I doing so much for.
Hi,
I think your hb is trying to encourage you that at least you have one children and try not to give yrself too much pressure. Im sure he meant well and cares about you too and also hoping to hv another child but he cant tell you how much he wanted. Coz the more hope he is giving u, the greater disappointment you would hv if its not successful. Thus they would always encourage you in a very logical thoughts that since you hv one bb already, dont give yrself too much worries and Let nature take its course.. Not so much on empathy or words of affirmation :) but im sure when u are really upset, hb always there to standby you.

Keep trying !

Hi all,

I have iui on 10th July. Found spotting on 20th July. Went to see my gynae on the same day, he say mb implantation bledding. And he give me injection (progesterone ) and prescribed me some an tai yao. The spotting last for 2 days and go. I was happy think must be good sign this round. However, af visit me on 26th July. And it super heavy flow and until today still have some spotting. (Normally last 5 days only) anyone of you experience thud before?

Super heavy flow could be due to the extra progesterone and the an tai yao (which I believe shd be some form of progesterone) which built up more lining. I was on ivf the previous cycle and I started heavy spotting from 24th.. And I'm still spotting quite heavily until now. But at least not the bright red lining discharge liao.

Sadly, IF that was implantation bleeding earlier, chemical pregnancy is very common. For people who weren't on ART for the cycle, most don't realize they have chemical pregnancy cos they would take it as the period has come a few days late.

Hi @WJZKEV ,

I'm just trying to be optimistic, while waiting for natural mc. It is difficult though. When is your wife starting a next round? How many of IUI cycle did your wife tried?
@Ms.peace, is only our 2nd try and dun think going for iui again want to try ivf, because this time we both was quite and again disappointed. So maybe seekimg doc to do detail analysis of egg and sperm if possible. Was cold war for 2 days because of varies reason. In the end make it clear we just want to know whats the issue before ivf as its not only money matters but also to avoid roll coster ride again

@Ms.peace, is only our 2nd try and dun think going for iui again want to try ivf, because this time we both was quite and again disappointed. So maybe seekimg doc to do detail analysis of egg and sperm if possible. Was cold war for 2 days because of varies reason. In the end make it clear we just want to know whats the issue before ivf as its not only money matters but also to avoid roll coster ride again
but ivf doesn't mean it's always successful also .... there are still more BFNs than BFPs ... success rate for couples less than 35 yo is only about 30% ...

the number of retrieved eggs is one hurdle, then also have to wait to see if fertilisation take place, then after fertilisation do the embryos survive?

mentioned before, the best grade embryo only has about 40% chance of implantation

so while it's good to seek for more medical help ... expectations cannot be too high also

Hi @AnnBby ,

Your IUI does not include inject at first? Only with pills? It is too bad and sad when we heard our follicles are not growing. Yeah, hope for the best on next try. When are you gonna try next cycle?

During my natural cycle, my body responded quite well with just medication. However, now, it is not as effective. So next cycle will be with injections still for IUI. Should be in a week plus from now, my AF should come for a visit.

hi, just wondering after IUI, day 14 & day 17 saw signs of brown stains, is it consider spotting or AF coming but not fully? Pregnancy test but negatives. How long do we know its positive? ^_^. thanks

hi, just wondering after IUI, day 14 & day 17 saw signs of brown stains, is it consider spotting or AF coming but not fully? Pregnancy test but negatives. How long do we know its positive? ^_^. thanks
DPO-IUI 10 you can test already...
if is positive, most likely will have very faint positive line if you using the cheapo strips... for clearblue digital would state 1 to 2 weeks pregnant

Hi ppl

I am in another thread - '2WW - for those TTC-ing' all these while, can any one advise are there any preparation work to a IUI journey?

Thanks

Hi I'm planning for IUI next month, just like to know what is a 'good' number of mature follicles before your doc proceed with the IUI? I know for IVF, the more follicles the better. Is it the same for IUI?

And anyone here with Dr Charles Lim?

Hi I'm planning for IUI next month, just like to know what is a 'good' number of mature follicles before your doc proceed with the IUI? I know for IVF, the more follicles the better. Is it the same for IUI?

Hi @babyloveyou , I heard 2 to 3 follicles are good to go IUI, more than 3 have a risks of multiple pregnancies and the doctors has a limit number of follicles and if yours exceed it, they will cancel the cycle. You may check with doctor or nurse.

my gynae aims for 3 mature follicles... but so far every month i also got 3 mature follicles only...

Just see my gynae this morning. He say the reason I fail iui and other plans it may due to my egg shell very hard? Any one know about this? Doc suggest me to do ivf. But my hubby do not agree? Is there anyone know way to solve this problem. Feel helpless.

Just see my gynae this morning. He say the reason I fail iui and other plans it may due to my egg shell very hard? Any one know about this? Doc suggest me to do ivf. But my hubby do not agree? Is there anyone know way to solve this problem. Feel helpless.

I have a friend who went for few times IUI but not successful and went for IVF. According to her, gynae took a long time to extract the egg like what u have mentioned, the egg shell is too hard. Managed to take 17 eggs but only 13 is good. 1st IVF she conceived, So as to say, she has many good eggs but 'hard' thus if going thru normal process, egg is not easily released.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the words again. Have to admit base don the amount of effort put in expectation was high but after speak after speaking to mrs yes we boil down to hey is 2nd time only, worst is IVF or go to other countries to do it. Wondering if there is a process where we can do the egg analysis because forumbb and angle bb, its true ivf only they new what is the root cause for the past failure.

Really confuse now as wednesday is again doc appt.

I have a friend who went for few times IUI but not successful and went for IVF. According to her, gynae took a long time to extract the egg like what u have mentioned, the egg shell is too hard. Managed to take 17 eggs but only 13 is good. 1st IVF she conceived, So as to say, she has many good eggs but 'hard' thus if going thru normal process, egg is not easily released.
Thanks for your reply. Really hope there is easy to solve it as I can't afford for ivf.

Thanks for your reply. Really hope there is easy to solve it as I can't afford for ivf.
Babe, are u and your hubby Singaporean? If you are, Govt subsidies are available at KKH, NUH and SGH. You can also use your Medisave to help. Cash outlay would not be that much. All the best!

If you are a singaporean, go to polyclinic to get a referral and you will be under govt subsidies. The cash out probably lesser than 3k for IVF.

By the way, has anyone encountered after D19 still no sign of AF and pregnancy test kit results is negative? Any chance of good news if waited for a longer period? As I have PCOS, not sure if this will affect AF.

Just to share:

Has anyone get upset/angry over someone comments when they tell you let nature takes it course and don't give yourself too much stress especially when they have many kids themselves and conceive without any difficulty? I am sure we heard a lot of such comments from such people and our inner self screaming at them 'leave me alone' as I don't need such words now.

Losing a baby though miscarriage, elective termination, stillbirth, childbirth, or any other time is, without a doubt, one of the most difficult experiences that a parent will ever endure. There are no words to explain the depth of despair that a parent goes through when attempting to understand the shift that occurs when all hopes and expectations suddenly drop out from underneath anything stable. It is an experience that many will never need to make sense of and also one that many others will swim through unexpectedly.

1. Some women who lose babies through miscarriage are able to move through this loss freely, while others feel deep despair at this loss. There are no “shoulds” in this. No right way to feel. If you feel strong and grounded and ready to move forward after a miscarriage that is totally valid. If you feel deep loss and grief then that, too, is appropriate. No one gets to tell you how you feel except you.
  2. Grief is a normal process and includes a shifting of emotions such as denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Grief felt after the loss of a baby from miscarriage or other event is not necessarily depression and while there may be some overlap, it should not be treated as such. If you feel angry one day and dissociated from your loss the next, this is normal.
  3. Loss can often beget feelings of loss. Many women who lose their babies become suddenly afraid of losing everything else, be it their sanity, other relationships important to them, their faith in the world, or any hope for the future. Many, many women who go through this loss feel a deep need to grab onto other things in their life for fear of losing those, too. If this is happening to you, let those close to you know.
  4. Relationships with spouse/partner, family, and friends will be impacted by your loss. It is important to be aware of the tendency to isolate during this time. Receiving appropriate support will be imperative in your healing and there may be work to do in relearning your relationships given this new reality. If you are unable to get the support that you need from loved ones, reach out to a therapist who can help.
  5. It is normal to feel triggered into sadness and despair when you least expect it. You may find reminders in the places where you least intend them to be. Seeing other pregnant women, babies, holidays and anniversaries, playgrounds, doctor’s offices, advertisements for baby-related items, may bring you to tears even when you feel strong. This is normal
  6. And finally, find others who have experienced something similar. Community is imperative and I am certain that there are others out there who can offer you the kind of solace, strength, and integrity that you will need as you continue to heal.

Resting for three months after two failed Iui and moving to Ivf in Thomson medical with Dr Loh. See Dr Loh with my hubby problem, he suggested go to IVF straight away. Need to jab everyday and they programme nicely the whole process. All jia you.
@hengcai, esti how much is pte sector for consultation and ivf. As of now the decision is to go with ivf but doc indicated to us mrs still have to jab everyday

@hengcai, esti how much is pte sector for consultation and ivf. As of now the decision is to go with ivf but doc indicated to us mrs still have to jab everyday
You'll get additional co-funding of $6300 for first round of ivf at a "govt" hosp, if both are Singaporeans if I'm not wrong

So with co-funding and medisave, I didn't have to come up with any cash for my first cycle. Also because my dosage is low and I had no embryos to freeze

Hows overall experience if compared to iui? Hoe many jabs and any side effect?
I only jabbed 5 days for IUI last time.

For IVF it was jabs for 11 days, of which 6 days are 2 jabs. 4 scans prior to retrieval. Then cos I had risk of OHSS, I couldn't do HCG jab, so after retrieval, I had to do progesterone jabs at GPs every day. Cannot jab ourselves.

Bloating was very bad the few days before and after retrieval. At its "peak" I gained 5 inches around the lower abdomen.

And not forgetting the daily inserts into the vagina. I had 3 diff med to insert everyday - morn, afternoon, night

So definitely the "effort" invested is much more than IUI, the pain from bloating and all the jabs everyday also very sian

Happy National Day everyone! Wanna ask... I'm having very dark brownish discharge like period one week after menses stopped. Is it normal for SOIUI patients? I stopped the procedure this month so not sure if this is normal. Hope someone can enlighten me. Has been having this discharge for four days. It's quite heavy can soak one liner.

I emailed Dr Loh but he didn't reply. I'm still spotting though it's lesser now. So weird. Not sure if the date of my period will be affected not though. For SOIUI I take the med when period is full right?

I emailed Dr Loh but he didn't reply. I'm still spotting though it's lesser now. So weird. Not sure if the date of my period will be affected not though. For SOIUI I take the med when period is full right?

Which Dr Loh are you referring to? If it is Dr Loh SF (Seong Feei), you may have to re-send him e-mail a few times, before he will reply you, as sometimes he overlooked the e-mails. :p

Which Dr Loh are you referring to? If it is Dr Loh SF (Seong Feei), you may have to re-send him e-mail a few times, before he will reply you, as sometimes he overlooked the e-mails. :p

Ya, is Dr SF Loh. Quite worrying I have been spotting for more than a week already. Sometimes it looks likes it period but very dark red to dark brown. Cannot be menopause right? :(

Happy National Day everyone! Wanna ask... I'm having very dark brownish discharge like period one week after menses stopped. Is it normal for SOIUI patients? I stopped the procedure this month so not sure if this is normal. Hope someone can enlighten me. Has been having this discharge for four days. It's quite heavy can soak one liner.
hmm...so far either my first or last few day of last menses will have dark brownish discharge... if menses stopped, I never encountered 1 week after menses stopped then have this dark brown discharge...

I think you need to call your doc asap...

Ya, is Dr SF Loh. Quite worrying I have been spotting for more than a week already. Sometimes it looks likes it period but very dark red to dark brown. Cannot be menopause right? :(
no la! menopause is menses becoming irregular then completely dun have....
as long as you are ovulating cant be menopause...

Hi jinnous,

I agree with what Pixie said. You need to call your doc as soon as possible. I don't think your spotting is normal at all.

Hi jinnous,

I agree with what Pixie said. You need to call your doc as soon as possible. I don't think your spotting is normal at all.

I just dropped him another email. After counting I haven been spotting for 11 days! Even my period dun lasts that long. :(
I'm very tempted to call him but only his nurses will pick up the call and I dunno if they will give me any explanations instead.

I just dropped him another email. After counting I haven been spotting for 11 days! Even my period dun lasts that long. :(
I'm very tempted to call him but only his nurses will pick up the call and I dunno if they will give me any explanations instead.
the nurse should leave a message to him, and he will give you the correct advice.
tat's what my gynae do. i will leave msg with the nurse, then when she free the nurse will ask her, she will explain to the nurse then the nurse will call me back with the answer.

the nurse should leave a message to him, and he will give you the correct advice.
tat's what my gynae do. i will leave msg with the nurse, then when she free the nurse will ask her, she will explain to the nurse then the nurse will call me back with the answer.

Hi jinnous,

Do what as Pixie said, but if you are really worried, you might want to drop in at his emergency clinic, at 2 p.m. maybe. Just a thought. Or can you try Thomson Medical Centre 24 hours A & E perhaps.

The nurse also dunno but she fixed an appt for me this Friday. I went to see GP yesterday and he suggested maybe infection?! But I don't have any other kind of discharge leh...

Back