Indon maid for transfer

woomeixia

Hello all,

I would like to recommend my indonesian maid for transfer. She is 34 years old and has a 4 year old son. I have hired her 1 month ago, and have found her good in most aspects. She cleans my apartment, washes and irons our clothes, cleans the car and cooks independently within one week (!) of us hiring us. Her cooking is in fact excellent, especially if you like indonesian and malay food. She is also planning to take further cooking courses very soon and is very passionate about cooking. She borrowed all my cooking books to further her cooking skills as well. Unfortunately in our environment, we always eat lunch and dinner at my parents so we cannot take full advantage of this. She takes care of my 2.5 year old daughter and 4.5 month old baby reasonably well. With my older daughter she has a bit of difficulty to control her, but it might be too early to tell, but with our 4.5 month old baby, she is very patient and does a good job. She has been honest so far and has a good attitude. She takes initiative to do things beyond her work schedule in terms of cleaning, washing and cooking. In the first week, she washed all our sofa covers and changed all our bedsheets! She also cleaned our car inside out until it felt like brand new. She uses her hand phones only at night.

The reason I would like to transfer is unfortunately the language. She cannot speak English so well and so clearly and sometimes speaks Indonesian to my kids. As my kids are already exposed to 3 languages, they have been confused and not speaking properly. Also, I would like someone who can read them books, and do some basic exercises with them, or sing songs. As my husband is European and I worked in London, we are very particular about pronunciation. But she can definitely speak and understand simple basic English.

She comes with a lot of experience, working 5-6 years previously in Singapore with 3 international families all with children. She took a 4 year break thereafter and went back to Indonesia and now just started in Singapore with me.

I pay her $550 per month with every Sunday off. All her agency fees are already paid by me, and she only has some loans with the agent.

I feel she can serve someone who can take advantage of her wonderful skill sets of cooking, cleaning and washing. But for us, the main responsibility of taking care of my children with reasonable English is not met. We are sad it did not work out for both of us but hope to find her a good family.

Please feel free to drop me an email at [email protected] if you are interested in interviewing her.

Thanks.

Back