! * * * * * * * * ! I really need help in finding Childcare Center !!!

mum_dad

Hi All Mummy's,

I am looking for a childcare center for my girl to enter next year. She would be turning 4yrs old next year, which would be N2. I am a new mummy to childcare as she is my first child, and I have no friend's same age child as me. So I hope I can find guidance here.

I have went to visit the center's that I want but I just couldn't decide, coz I dunno whether the center is good anot, just by the outlook really can't tell. So I really hope that anyone with good or bad experience about the center can leave a note to me.

I am staying in Sembawang, but I have called up all center's all full house except Kidszone at blk 480, but when I visited the center, it's so small and cramp. All classes squeeze together and using divider to divide the classes up in one room, center very dim as I think they didn't pain their center after they started biz, their fee's is quite high too $420 per month + $70 for speech and drama and phonics (one mth 3 times speech and drama and 1 time phonics).

Went to another center at Admiralty, Sweetlands Educare at blk 643, quite spacious but I feel center got urine smell, like toilet was not really clean. But the timetable is not bad with lesson like speech and drama 2 times a week, phonics one time a week, each subject duration is 1 hour, price is $380 per month. But the main problem is I have to fecth her daily from Sembawang to Admiralty den nite time make a drop at there to pick her up and go home. Wonder any parents do this before. Will it be really very tiring and inconvenient?

Looking at another few center's also. Have posted all center's that I am interested below. I hope any Mummy with info please guide me, can also guide me on what to look out for in childcare center's.

I Sincerely hope someone will guide me, as I really need to enroll my girl by next tue, if not the center will be fulled.

Thank's in advance to all Mummy's who read and hope u can leave me ur comments.....

This are the few CC's info I needed badly..

1) SWEETLANDS EDUCARE CENTRE
643, WOODLANDS RING ROAD, #01 - 42, SINGAPORE 730643

2) CREATIVELAND CHILDCARE & DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
715, WOODLANDS DRIVE 70, #01 - 144, SINGAPORE 730715

3) PCF WOODLANDS SPARKLETOTS CHILD CARE CENTRE
677, WOODLANDS AVE 6, #01 - 748, SINGAPORE 730677

4) KIDSZONE CHILDCARE AND DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
480, SEMBAWANG DRIVE, #01 - 455, SINGAPORE 750480

Thank you.
happy.gif

I'm not staying at ur area... But wat I can suggest is u drop all the shortlisted cc n observe how the class t
Is conducted n if the children look happy... If u need extra opinion, u can also wait till 5/6pm when parents arrived to pick up their, there n then u can ask these parent their feedback, most will be happy to offer their opinion, actually whether the cc is ok or not also v.much depends on ur own expectation, u may also opt to put ur child in the cc to trial for a week or two, do speak to the cc for this trial option, good luck!

PCF sparklettots now have improved quite alot, compared to last time.

My younger child (year 2006) is attending Sparkletots AMK branch, and i felt that its good.
Previously attended other "private" brand school, but none of them can compare to the current school - sparkletots.

Disclaimer: I am refering to sparkletots as a whole as it is managed by PCF. I felt their standards improved alot. Their new centres now look very nice, and neat. New image i guess.

At least my girl is able to write chinese words when she returns home and very motivated to learn. I do not see it in my child when she was attending other childcare previously.

When I enrole my 2 girls to I can read, a lady who works there, shared with me that kids who attended PCF K1 and K2 usually have stronger foundation in their phonics, and its based on this, I switched school. Its cheaper too!

I am also sharing/suggesting with my boss, who has a girl, same age as my younger girl, to switch to sparkletots if theres one nearby her area.

Hi, I greatly recommend Star Learners at Sembawang, opposite Sembawang Shopping Centre. My girl went there previously and was very well taken care of and taught. They have very caring teachers whom I am very thankful for.

I call up my first skool beginning Year 2011. I am finding a childcare centre for my boy who is turning 18mth next jan. So, they told me the seats are all taken up and had to be on waiting list. Can you imagine that. I call up a few and had the same response. Centres in Sembawang are so full.

How about cheeryland? Anyone got recommendation on this?

I called up almost all the childcare centers in Sembawang mid of last year, in order to enrol my daughter when she turns 18 months this year May, but all fully booked, and they can't guarantee got vacancy even until next year, coz the priority will be given to those with siblings in the same childcare.

At the end I have to enroll my daughter into Eager Beaver Yishun despite we stay at Sembawang, and without car. Every morning I got to take cab to send her to childcare (taking train is just too tiring as I have to carry my bag + her school bag + carry her), after that take cab to my office (sometime get ride from colleague), after work fetch her up and take cab home again. Daily cab fares for 2 trips cost me $15.

Luckily she likes the teachers and environment there, she took about a month to settle down, thereafter no more crying. Personally I feel the teachers there quite caring and responsible, also the environment is clean and neat.

Can't believe how competitive the admission to childcare and nursery/kindies are!

Anyway, I visited Cheeryland at Sembawang Mart yesterday. My advice: Stay far far away. The place is not only run-down but the teachers are far worse.

So far My Little Campus seems nice, though they are always full.

I started to enquire when my daughter is merely 5 months and was told that next year the school is full. My boy is already in the school and sad to say his sibling not able to attend the same school. I am very upset about this! Somemore, this is a neighbourhood Childcare centre.

You can call MCYS for help if you think you really got no other option, they might be able to write to the school to appeal for a slot. I did though i dare not say there is a guarantee vacancy for me, but at least i know i will try all means and way for my 2 kids to stay together whichever possible.

No harm trying.

hi, i'm staying at Sembawang too. Have been on the waiting list of My First Skoolhouse and My Little Campus for the longest tm. Still no vacancies.

Therefore, am seriously considering Cambridge @ Admiral Hill. So far the only one with vacancies. Any comments on this new campus? Tks!

Hi,

I called My Little Campus at sembawang mart for my son who will be turning 18 mths later next year and they told me it's full. Will try to call others today.

Hi,

I called My Little Campus at sembawang mart for my son who will be turning 18 mths later next year and they told me it's full. Will try to call others today.

Hi,
I am staying at sembawang too.... I called up all the possible child care at sembawang....all full house. I had put my name in the waiting list before my son is born ........up to now still no vacancy..... First skool even called to suggest me look for other centre....In the end i enrol my boy at yishun Eager Beaver.... My hubby drives so he will send us there everyday but i will pick him up at yishun myself and take train back in the eve...... My boy will start school on 17 oct. Hopefully everything turn up fine.

i am also looking for a childcare in sembawang area. Any mummies with comments on Cambridge @ Admiral Hill or Joy Montessori Schoolhouse. It's strange but i can't seem to find any comments on these centres.

Having Problems with Your Personal Life?

Having Troubles with Your Lovelife, Relationships?

So Many Things to deal with that you think you can't handle anymore?

Worry no more..The Girls are here to listen to your woes and provide great advice to your problems..

visit our blog.. http://justaskthegirls.blogspot.com/

follow us on twitter: justaskthegirls
and LIKE us on Facebook: Ask The Girls

See you there!=)

I've found a childcare centre that truly understand and can inculcate moral values in our children, I've been waiting for so long to see such a centre and here it is: Xiyao Childcare at kaki bt ave 1. Even parents that stayed in Woodlands send their kid there! A very heart warming place, I am impressed!

Hi,Im staying in the east,PASIR RIS,need help can contact me at 97327396.BEFORE N AFTER SCHOOL CARE is available.Wkend/hourly basics also available

hello, has anyone got any feedback about Emmanuel Child Educare at Jalan Malu Malu and Glucklich Schoolhouse at Sembawang Road? Thank you

Hi Mummies,
Happy New Year to all!

I saw this new preschool called Giving Tre3 when I went to Thomson Plaza last week. I think their webpage is www.givingtre3.com. It was next to Thomson Plaza along the main road. Its a new preschool cum enrichment centre opening in Jan 2013. I decided to go drop by unannounced cos just nice my boy turning 3 next year and I want to put him in Nursery. The lady was very nice and friendly and showed me around the place.

I must say, I loved that place alot!! It was not very big with only 3 classrooms, 1 class being dedicated as a computer lab for their reading enrichment programme and 2 other classrooms. But it was very cosy! Like a home feeling. Their boss is also very sweet and she shared that she's been in the early childhood industry for more than 12 years. I don't really like those big organisations cos most of them just care about the business and making money but I could feel her passion for children even through talking to her.

They also have an outdoor area, although not very big with water and sand play. It was really nicely done up!

They also had reading enrichment and Pri Sch Preparatory programmes. Their reading enrichment programme is from Australia and its partially an online lesson. I think the name is Reading Eggs. Seems very interesting cos I went to the reading eggs website just now and the lessons were very fun. My girl quite likes to play on the computer and I think this will attract her. Besides having the online lessons, the teachers will also conduct activities in the classroom. I think will be a good balance.

They also have this Pri Sch preparatory programme that teaches grammar, maths, comprehension and creative writing to prep kids for P1. Sounds quite good too cos besides English and Maths, they also have this social and emotional learning lessons, something like learning how to listen, problem solving skills, focusing and paying attention etc. Which I feel my girl will need help in....she's quite hyper and can't really focus on a task for long.

They having opening promo now. Got waiver off registration fees and discounts too. I've decided to sign my kids up cos they have sibling discounts too.

Michelle... While I do understand that sometimes we have such a positive experience and wanna tell the whole world about it...

You have posted this message about Givine Tre3 in SO MANY PLACES... one cannot help but question your true motive. Especially for a new member... I wonder how many of your 16 posts are for this centre. Are you an employee there? A shareholder? Or maybe the centre director?

Hi mum_dad,

So did u enrol ur child at kidszone? I have enrol my son there and will start school on march. Any advice. Actually my ideally school is my little campus but after more than 1 year in the waiting list still have no vacancy for me, so no choice I have to look for another cc. kidszone is near to me so I have register my son under this.

theres a lot of good CC but you really have to practical and try to visit their sites and read some reviews about their facilities.. hehe
happy.gif

Hi,
Just sharing another contact for childcare.
My chinese fren enrolled her gerl at

GLORY JOY CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
+65 67587662
501B Wellington Circle HDB-Sembawang #01-06

So far, she sd the place ok.
happy.gif

Hi Jovic,
Very sorry for late reply.
My fren told me so far everytg is gd.
She will be enrolling her 2nd child n soon 3rd child also.

Hi Zaza,

Thanks. I have enrol my son at kidzones. have u heard of this school? since like so far I didnt c any comment from this cc.

Hi Jovic,
Ive heard abt Kidzone but not sure abt the reviews.
But I guess shldnt b a problem. Hopefuly everytgs goes well n he can easily adapt wt the environment n frens well. Dont worry too much, k. ;)

while looking around the cc , come across this thread.
very upset as sometime feel that so difficult for working mum to putting the child under well care.
has been got issue with nanny for 2 rounds. now intend to put my gal 23mo in cc also need to wait for a long list. and I been putting the namelist since my gal below 1yo until now still no call/news.
sigh. :(

Any comments on Little Tree House @ Sembawang which is charging 700 for full day & 650 for half day after subsidy.But when it come to N2 or kindergarden - think the PM enrichment classes which is held in school is charged again separately at ard $70 per subject (Art/Speech & Drama etc). Kids that did not sign up will be doing their remaining homework from am. What do you think?

Hi Mummies at Sembawang, Berry Tree Preschool opened it's new branch at 511 Sembawang Mart with spacious, cozy environment and most importantly very academically focused curriculum. I was lucky to get my son a place there earlier and enjoying early bird discount. Go and visit the centre yourself. See if still got vacancy.

Back