I need new friends!!!

Glennia, yeah..try not to have baby earlier than 38th weeks. A lot of organ are not develop maturely yet. Better listen to the gynae's advise.

My younger sis also had gestational diabetes during her pregnancy and protein in the urine as well. But she and baby are doing okay. If baby want to come out earlier..then no choice then.

but if not..let them stay cos they develop better in our womb.

Recently I also had this fear that my baby will come out earlier. Cos the pain in my pelvic is really bad, that even to walk is so painful.

I try to rest as much as I could now.

Hi mummies,

i read about braxton hicks contractions on baby center..i think might be wat i am having. i will be going for week 32 check up tmr. will see what doc says.

week 36 means anytime can deliver? my gynae also told me week 38 is better. glennia, i also think it is better to wait cos i think each extra day baby stays in womb will make her stronger and more ready for birth.

dun worry, im sure your doc knows what is best.

recently walking is difficult for me too. my tummy is really not very big but dunno why i feel like it is so heavy, like i need to drag my feet when i walk. but its not painful.

anmaria, did you tell your doc about the blood? is it from herrmorhoid? if its from vaginal i think yopu have to let your doc know. can i check with you roughly how much stemcord charge? i am thinking if should sign up but im afraid will be very expensive then if i call them to find out cost scare they pressure me to sign up.

shahreny, you excited?? even if your baby comes out on her edd, i think you can also celebrate the birthdays together cos its so close! maybe you try talking to baby. they say it helps. i've been talking to my baby, ask her to turn. heee..of course must wait after your maternity leave. i also cannot apply now, nobody will want me!

babymustwear, i visited stemcord last saturday..no no..they never pressure us to sign up. But they do give another free insurace for the first year for cordblood surgery if we sign up on the spot.

They charge $909 (after GST) for initial sign up, then $250 each year. I haven't decided to sign up with them or not..cos want to hear from cordlife first tomorrow. If i do sign up with stemcord, and u want to sign up..let me know. I can give you referral..so got another $50 discount and i also got another $50 discount..hehe

mine only start to feel painful after these few days. My mum said..cos baby naughty move too much..so going down too much. I called my gynae already..and will visit him tonite.

now..i scared sit too long and walk ..so painful.

almost 36 weeks now..time is approaching leh.

Hi anmaria,e pricing sounds reasonable.do let me know after u visit cordlife then we can compare. I just came back from week 32 appt. Also a very bad visit. 1st nurse said got sugar in my urine after urine test. Then doc did scan n baby still in breech position. Next doc says my Amniotic fluid low. Then wat she said mAde me so stressed. She said I confirm must c-sect but she hopes I can drag till 5th April so bAby's lungs will be more mature. I must see her in 2weeks if amniotic fluid continues to stay low might have to deliver even earlier but baby's weight have to be at least 2kg if not must stay icu. She say I have to monitor baby's movement closely, be on bedrest n inform her if movement becomes lesser. Then end of visit she took my blood pressure was high but she say maybe cos I'm upset about wat she said.sigh.. Which mummy hear about baby mAybe got to stay icu won't feel stress?

Babymustwear

First of all RELAX(I know its not easy). I was going to scream at everyone in the clinic and cry when gynae broke the news to me. I was hysterical!! Like a mad woman!!

Then gynae told me not to be so hyper cos it brings up my BP. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Is the level of sugar in ur urine high?

Is your amniotic fluid low but sufficient?

Whats ur baby's weight now?

Try to drink lots of fluid. I read somewhere it does help to increase the amniotic. And try to go for weekly checkup instead.

glennia, babymustwear..

how do the gynae check on amniotic fluid yah?

my gynae never check on anything except scan my tummy only. the only detail check i went was when i was 28 weeks..at Thomson hospital.

sometime for my routine check up..the nurse even didn't look at my urine test..i have to see by myself..if the colour change or not..

babymustwear..got sugar in the urine doesn't mean that u have gestational diabetes. my sister in law also had..that's becos before she went for check up..she ate the whole pinnaple tart in the jar by herself. after that..she is ok. Just need to watch her sugar intake next time. Whereas for my sister she got detected with gestational diabetes on 28th week..and have to go through a lot of test every day (that's becos she stay in australia..where this kind of things very strict one)

my sister in law deliver her baby girl safely..and so healthy. I adore my niece so much cos she is super duper cute. my sister also deliver her boy safely and the boy is healthy.

haiz..

u gals are lucky to have good gynae to do detail check for u. At least anything wrong can detect and do some prevention first.

this time i am going to ask my gynae to weight me and see if my weight is ok or not. He never weight me at all except for the first visit.

tonite i am going to my next visit..will ask everything in detail.

agree with Glennia..must maintain our calm for the sake of our baby. We got to learn to be calm and strong. I also going for my visit in 1 hour time..hopefully..didn't hear too much not good news. But for me..whatever is the news..as long as the gynae know how to handle it.i will leave it to him to make the decision. I am ready for natural or r-section or any treatment..as long as it's for the safety of the baby and me.

it's true that baby lung must be mature before he/she is delivered. Otherwise they have to stay at ICU. So just let the baby grow inside us lor until mature.

Anmaria,

The gynae will check. Its part of the routine abdominal checkup. I think cos my BP high then he checked.

I think your gynae checks but doesnt inform you of its results cos everything is fine. Dr A is a well informed doc so I guess you're in safe hands.

Hi Mummies,

Yups eventhough this is my 3rd pregnancy, I'm actually much2 more nervous than my prev 2...which is unexplainable...i also donno y.

Babymustwear/Glennia,

As long as baby is more than 36 weeks & weigh more than 2kg, it is safe to deliver. I delivered my 2nd child at 37 weeks..Relax babymustwear, I know its nt easy to stay calm but u hv to tink of d baby...try to stay +ve..i believe a stress free environment is very impt for u n baby. Did the doc tell u wats d weight ur baby oredi? Monitoring baby's movenment is very important i feel esp in d last trimester. My gynae wil always remind me to count baby movement. According to him baby move at least 10 times per day...but don get paranoid if baby's movement is lesser than 10 times cos baby maybe in a position that u can't feel d movement.

Annmaria,

Usually when scanning, the gynae will check on the amniotic fluid. As for my gynae, he wil chk the unbilical cord to make sure that it's not tangled, he wil also check on baby's heartbeat to make sure dat the baby is doin well. Urine test & bloodpressure monitoring is a routine thing to do for every chk up :) Maybe ur gynae finds nothing wrong with ur cond dats y he just keep quiet...

Maybe our babies can't wait to see each other dats y they wan to come out earlier hehe...

hi mummies,

thanks for the encouragement, i am feeling much better now. forgot to mention my baby's weight is 1.8kg. my hubby says 1.8kg to 2kg is only 200gm, very easy to achieve =)

glennia, is it true our BP can go up when we are upset? the reaction is so fast? cos my BP has always been normal today suddenly high so my doc says most likely i was affected by the info. i'm quite surprise our BP can change so quickly base on our moods.

hmmm..doc didn't mention if its sufficient. she just say not enough..guess that means not sufficient? she said that is why she needs to see me in 2 weeks instead of 3 cos she needs to monitor.

i also read online that drinking water can increase amniotic fluid. quite funny, maybe i've been throwing up so dun feel like drinking water so not enough amniotic fluid? but sounds quite illogical that drinking water can increase amniotic fluid right?

yup, the sugar level in urine is high but like wat anmaria said, might be due to wat i ate before the check up. nurse also asked me to recall wat i've ate i think might be i drank a can of coke during lunch.

anmaria, the doc check on the amniotic fluid during ultrasound scan. i think maybe your doc didn't say anything cos everything is fine...but quite funny why he doesn't take your weight at all cos my doc is very particular about weight cos she says it is not good to put on too much weight.

are you back from your check up? hope everything is fine, do update us!

shahreny, sometimes i dun really go and concentrate on baby's movement. only feel her when the movement is extra strong. now that doc says must monitor, i am quite on my toes, trying to feel if she is moving all the time!

hehehe...seems like all our babies would be coming out sometime in end march..so coincidental that we chat here then end up we deliver about the same time!

hi, everone..my result also not very good. I need to go for ugent scan in hospital tomorrow..but becos hubby can't take leave tomorrow..so we go on wednesday morning instead, and after getting the report will go to gynae straight away in the morning.

My gynae usually look very cool type..but this time he is quiet and look a little worried. He said will see the result of the scanning. And if necessary..will delivery this sunday or monday.

let's see first what is the result.

I am only 35 weeks now. Think my gynae want to wait till 36 weeks to be safe for emergency delivery. He said need the scanning now cos the baby is not growing..he doeesn't know why..wait for the scanning result.

It will be a whole day waiting tomorrow for me..but will try to be positive as what everybody said. I will stay calm and positive for the sake of my baby. tomorrow will just purely bed rest..sit down watching TV, etc..

i dun want to walk anymore (too painful to walk) and no cooking or do other house chores.

Let's keep our finger cross that our baby is doing okay. Me and hb keep talking to our baby to grow well. But my baby is still very active although she doesn't grow much. I can feel her movement all the time actually. So I hope she is doing well inside mummy :)

We are try to rest and eat well ok?

i am all alone at home some more..will try to order something to eat..

Sharenny, yeah..my gynae always check my blood pressure and urine test each time i come. And scan my tummy. He never said anything all this time except this time after scanning, he said my baby not growing..dunno why. So send me to Thompson hospital to do urgent scan to get the result. But blood pressure is okay.

annmaria,

Don worry everythg's is gonna be fine for u n baby..don tire urself too much ya...keep on talkin to baby...maybe ur womb is small dat baby nt enuff space to grow or maybe u are too tired? Have u packed ur hospital bag?

Have a gd rest ya

Anmaria, Take it easy. Try sleeping on your left hand side.Seems placenta will tranport more ixygen and nutrients to the baby. Actually if I were you, I would go for the test tomorrow morning.

Babymustwear, I am not too sure. But thats what gynae told me. Not to be so hyper. I would presume BP doesnt shoot up immediately.

Thanks a lot Glennia and Shahreny,

it's very comforting to be able to share and chat with you gals.

Glennia, i also want to go tomorrow morning..but my hubby don't allow me to go alone cos it's already very painful for me to walk now. He already have meeting with his boss. Anyway..gynae seems like no problem to go on wednesday..so i just think positively.

initially i want to go alone to do the test..my friends and sisters also ask me to go tomorrow..asap.

I will try to sleep on the left side now..although all this time i have been trying to sleep left side..but when i move..the baby will move so much. Will keep talking to the baby too ask her to grow fast fast.

hi anmaria,

you eaten already? your hubby not at home now? dun cook for yourself now, if really nobody buy for you can order mac (eat once a while should be ok)

i know you must be feeling worried now. if its me i will find it hard to wait till wed. how about asking your friends or sister if they can go with you tmr?

maybe shahreny is right, baby may have stopped growing cos she is quite big and not enough space in tummy already? did your gynae say anything about the blood you saw and the pain?

NO housework at all tmr ok? take care...

babymustwear..

my sisters all stay in overseas..we just communicate via phone/msn :)

one of my fren want to bring me this afternoon..but i think it's ok lah will wait till hubby can make it.

my younger sis told me she did this scan before in aussie last time for her first boy. but the result showing the oxigent flow is ok..so her pregnancy continue. I hope this is what happen to my bb too. I really wish she come out on due time ..not too early.

yeah..won't be cooking tomorrow or doing housework. Usually at home I am alone..nobody at home. Hubby goes to work mah. actually cooking is no problem for me..i cook super fast one..hehe

so used to it already. But this time will order lah.

I don't know leh..somehow..regardless what doctor said..i feel my baby is doing okay. I am the mummy..can feel her mah. She is still super active everyday. So long she is moving non stop..I am not too worry..that shows she is active and healthy.

Hi anmaria, how r u feelin today? Good to hear ur baby very active. My doc says as long as baby is active, nothing to worry about [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babymustwear..thanks a lot for your concern.

I am doing good..just rest and rest and rest :)

and also eat :).

yeah..baby still very active. I am sure she is ok. My EDD is actually 27 March..so if give birth this sunday..it will be 20 days earlier.

Shahreny, i have prepared my hospital bag already. although not complete yet..but it's ok lah. my baby cot not ready..but i have bought moses basket..and bed pad to co sleep with me in the meantime..hehe..

My only wish is she is healthy..that's all.

yeah..baby is super active..dunno why she is soo active. but now..i am glad she is.

babymustwear..u must also eat healthily and drink more to have higher amniotic fluid.

drink a lot of milk, juice, etc..

i hope u are feeling better too. We are all not alone..so yeah..Jiao You.

Anmaria, When you mention active, what exactly do you mean?

Cos my baby is active only at night, after lunch and in the wee hours in the morning.(As in moving)

I hardly feel her kicking as much as last time. Is this a cause for concern?

Glennia, sometime we have to keep quiet..sitting down quietly to be able to feel the baby kicking. If we are too busy..sometime we can't feel her kicking.

My baby used to be kicking at night only. But nowadays..almost whole day as and when i can feel her kicking. I though maybe becos she is bigger and stronger now. Or perhaps I stay at home whole day..so free and relax enough to feel her kicking. If you are working..I guess you are too busy to notice her kicking.

I just do some goggle search and find abt this:

Intrauterine Growth Restriction

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/women/pregnancy/fetal/313.html

i didn't had chance to tell him abt my bleeding..cos just mention that i had pelvic pain..he quickly ask me to do the check..and say i have to do urgent scan.

anyway..i know my bleeding is from hermorrhoid..which i am not too worry abt. I am more concern abt baby.

Babymustwear, To lower blood pressure, I have been taking passion fruit. Another vegetable I take is celery.

PASSION FRUIT This fruit contains somniferous properties, febrifugal and soporific properties. They help a person to relax and sleep well and also relieve muscle tension and anxiety as well as calm the nerves. They are known to lower blood pressure and are useful for nervous insomnia.

Anmaria, I had bleeding at 17 weeks pregnancy.

Even spotted bright red blood. Doc mentioned it was alarming and the cause was an unhealthy placenta.

I still remembered him telling me there was so much blood at the placenta. Like as though it was gng to detach itself.

My gynae didnt talk much throughout the one week I visited him for injections after injections.

Only 2 weeks later, when I went for my visit, then he told me i had low lying placenta. He checked via ultrasound. Dr A should mention it to you.

Take a good rest. Lie down whenever u got the opportunity with your leg elevated and pray. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Take loads of fruit juice. Like apple juice, tomato juice etc etc..

Be positive. I cried so much when I was bleeding.

Btw, u cant take a cab to TMC to do a scan today?

Dr.A never said anything..he just said..do the check first in the hospital. I guess he doesn't want to make me worry.

All this time the check was ok..and i never experience any pain or bleeding.

yeah..will ask my hubby to buy for me some juice. I don't dare to walk around now..so painful. Yeah..i don't want to think too much abt it. Anyway..baby is already 35 weeks..so should be mature enough if really necessary to deliver early. Dr. A already warned me that i might deliver early this sunday depend on the result. He is a man of few words..but i trust him completely.

hi mummies,

how are you all feeling today? anmaria, you are very positive =) this is good. i agree with you that no matter what type or delivery, natural or c-sect, most impt is baby is healthy. and i think its best to trust the doc. if he says its ok for baby to be delivered then should be fine.

i went polyclinic w my mom today. saw a tiny baby and started chatting to the daddy. turns out baby is only 2 weeks old but was born premature at 1.5 months so was just discharged from hospital. baby is just slightly above 2kg now but he seems fine. the daddy says there are injections to help babies lungs mature faster which can greatly help pre mature babies. so i think even this baby that is born at 34 weeks is ok, as long as we hit 35 - 36 weeks should be fine =)

lets jia you together and do let us know your result after the scan tmr ok anmaria?

Babymustwear,

Yups true there's an injection given to help mature d bb's lung. Dat was wat d doc gave me when i had preterm labour at 31 weeks. But d injection was sooo damn painful. Being pregnant is nt easy though there's a lot of things we nd to caution for.

Annmaria,

yeah its better for u to rest n nt to move ard soo much. I'm sure ur gynae knows wats best for u n baby

Glennia,

Sometyms its d baby's position dat we can't really feel d movement. We wil also nt noticed the movement if we are not in a relaxed mood so don worry too much abt it.

Lately, my baby had been having frequent hiccups i donno y. Anyone here experience anyy pain in the thigh area? At tyms, there's dis sharp piercing pain suddenly attack on my thigh.

oh shahreny, your baby was also pre mature? what happened?

my baby also have been having frequent hiccups. some ppl say cos i drink too much cold water. not sure true or not anyway my gynae says its normal.

no pain in the thigh area for me. you called your gynae to ask already?

Babymustwear,

no my baby was nt prematured. I was hospitalized when I was 31 wks preggy due to contraction somewhere in Jan. I was given a jab on d thigh to mature bb lungs just in case bb come out early. I was then given 3 wks mc d other tym

hi mummies..

just come back from hospital and my gynae said i need to be induced this sunday for early delivery as baby got not enough nutrient..so its safer to breastfeed her outside instead of her staying inside. Baby is on the small side, around 2.3-2.4 kg only after detail scan.

As I said..I will accept anything as long as for the safety for the baby. Just now, gynae give injection for me too..to mature baby lung. Got to get ready for everything now. It's 20 days earlier than I expected. Both me and hb really feel not ready..but yeah..there is no time called as READY. So will wash a lot of things preparing baby to come home and prepare for hospital bag as well.

Shahreny, my baby having hipcup almost everyday leh.

Hi anmaria, dun worry, everything will be fine. So this Sunday you'll be delivering? All e best n keep us updated ok? Baby girl 2.4kg is ok my fren's baby girl full term also 2.5kg also very healthy. Good luck to you!

Oh shahreny I tot u were talkin about ur elder child. Yup I remember u were in hospital in Jan. Time flies, now ur baby also almost due already!

Annmaria,

Yeah don worry evrythg wil be fine. For d sake of baby...stil don do too much heavy werk ya. Keep us updated. So urs wil b nml delivery? May u hv a smooth delivery [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babymustwear,

Yups tym really flies very fast. Now each of us are waitin for baby to pop out hehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babymustwear, shahreny

thank you so much. Yes, this sunday will be induced. Hopefully can deliver naturally on the same day.

I am a bit worry abt the weight of my girl and earlier delivery. But yes, she should be fine. Just try my best to get my breastfeed her so that she can grow fast fast :)

Feeling very nervous actually..suddenly everything so near. My hubby and me was soo busy yesterday preparing everything for baby. Suddenly we feel not ready at all yet..haha

will call my mum today to ask if she can come earlier after i discharge to help me. Feeling quite helpless alone here..with no help. I didn't hire CL..too expensive for me now. Hopefully mum can come over to singapore to help me just after I discharge from hospital cos she is very busy too to do her business..think she need to find someone to help her first before she can come over.

so many thing to think about..yet..i want to rest as much as possible for the BIG DAY..hopefully i can still sleep on Saturday nite.

Hello Mommies

Was on MC yesterday. Went for my 34 weeks. BP still high. Doc took my urine for sampling to see what kind of bacteria I have. He didnt want to tell me more.

I will be going for elective C-Section on 25th March. Now I am wonderig if I should try for natural. The only reason is I am worried if I dont dilate, it will be emergency c-sect.

Still havent packed my clothes nor bought anything.

Shahreny, my baby has hiccups as well..

Glennia, it's better just to follor our gynae advise. They are the expert..so they know best what is best for us. If your gynae said c-section is the better choice for you now..then i think it's better to follow.

For me, my gynae said..try natural first after induce. If really can't dilate after 2 pills..then will go for emergency c-section then.

Sometime it's kindda frustrating, isn't it? Like..we try our best to be healthy, etc..but yet the problem is still there. I also eat almost everything healthy.and I don't mind eat a lot and gain lots of weight..as long as my baby get the nutrient..but yet..after gaining 20 kg..my baby couldn't get the nutrient that i ate..so so sad. But yeah..it's ok..i am so determine to feed her later after birth so she can stay healthy and strong.

Glennia, do pack your hospital bag already and prepare more things. Sometime you never know what happen. For me..although i though i have prepared so much..but yet..when the news comes..suddenly we are panic that manythings haven't really prepared yet.

Anmaria, thanks. Ill look on the bright side of things.. As long as baby is healthy, I dont mind the pain I have to go through.

U mean u realise u have not prepared many things? LOL. Thought you packed your bags long time ago. Btw, did Dr A mention y the nutrients not reaching the baby?

yah..let's keep to be positive. We will be a happy and positive mummy here regardless what happen.

yeah..i have packed my hospital bag long a go..but then realise so unorganised..so my hubby repack again...and look for all receipt, documents, baby clothes, etc..haha..

then we realise that our curtain is too transparent for baby to sleep at night..so yesterday hubby rush to IKEA to buy curtain that can cover completely dark during night time so she can sleep better.

our mattress that we customized order also haven't come..and they can only come on 24th March..so no choice..must prepare something for bb to co-sleep with me first until her cot mattress is delivered.

Husband also bought so many things in IKEA..(I should have gone with him to stop him buy more things)..like stool for bathing baby..place to put baby tub, etc. some place to put baby clothes, and all baby stuff, etc..

he spent whole night changing curtain at the house..haha.

I think we are just in a panic mode.

Dr. A said no need to find what is the reason..most important is we quickly get the baby out for her to develop quickly.

but from the report i saw that my placenta has move to the right side. Think maybe placenta rupture that cause bb can't get the nutrient from there anymore..i think lah..after reading so much. But I don't really care anymore..

right now..i just want to prepare for labor and easier delivery.

Glennia,

Yeah d most important thing to hv in ur hospital bag is ur antenatal receipts so u can claim xtra $450 frm ut medisave. I'm sure ur gynae knoes wats best for their patients. So when are u startin ur maternity leave?

Annmaria,

Don worry its just d nesting instinct eventhough we prepared everythg way in adv, we tend to forget d most impt things that we might need. Hopefulli ur mum can come earlier to help u ard. All d best to u...as u are sure to be very2 bz upon d arrival of ur lil princess [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi anmaria,

your hubby is very nice =) i think he is very excited thats why he bought so many things!

you are right, i think its best to let the doc decide what to do. like so far my doc wants me to do c-sect i agree though im very scare about the idea of cutting up the tummy. so now i will let her decide if i should do epidural or GA c-sect.

you got the check list for the things to pack for hospital bag? can get it from baby center website.

i hope your mummy can come earlier. i also finacially tight so i decide to downgarde to 4 bedder ward and use the extra money for confinement nanny as my mom in law is not confident to handle pre mature baby and at the same time i have to c-sect so will need more help. if your mom can't come in time, hopefully your hubby can stay at home the 1st few days to help out cos i heard giving birth will really exhaust a woman.

glennia, my baby also have a lot of hiccups =)

Morning Mommies

Shahreny: I am starting it on 22nd March..

Babymustwear: My sis is helping me pack my bag but will be on 15th March that week... The only thing with GA is you wont see your baby till the amaesthesia dies off... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I am going for GA.

Shahreny, yes just called my mum. She manage to arrange someone to help her so she can come by the time I discharge from the hospital. I am so thankful to have my mum around. At least feel not only physically but also emotional support. I am very close with my mum..so very happy she will be here to help me taking care my premature baby.

Babymustwear..yes, my hubby is really nice. He even massage my swollen feet every night, and last nite cut my toe nail cos i can't cut on my own anymore. He asked me to go for pedicure but i am too embarrassed with my super swollen feet..hehe. He said if I feel good..he also feel good.

This morning we were discussing to go for 1 bedded room or 2 or 4 bedded room. Babymustwear, after I read your post.. I decided to take 4 bedded room too. No doubt my hubby can not around at night to accompany me, but at least he can have more rest at home, and save him a lot of cash to be used for our baby later.

I will borrow few magazine from library to entertain myself at night or morning if i feel lonely. I am already not working..really dun want to burden him financially just becos of my own convinience.

It's true, you better have CL to help you particularly if you have c-section. I don't know whether i will have c-section or not later..but whatever it is..as long as baby is healthy, I am willing to go through anything.

Anmaria, I am also contemplating which bedder I should go for. 1 or 2..

Actually there a lot of incidentals which all adds up to a bomb. But everyone tells me, since it is my first kid, just go for the one bedder.

Anyone have any idea how much cash I have to top up if its one bedder?

Hi mummies,

actually 1 bedder is really a luxury only if can afford cos e pricing is very different. I hav some frens who r quite well off also took 2 bedder only. Reason is if we take 1 bedder, everything for baby also charge as 1 bedder fees n we never know how much extra charges there'll be in case of complications 'touch wood'

1 bedder for 3 nights is 3k plus while 2 bedder is 2k plus n 4 bedder is 1k plus. This is for mt a. Actually I also wish for 2 bedder cos likely it is e only time I'll give birth but after talkin w my hubby n mom I chose 4 bedder.

No. 1: hubby says maybe 4 bedder will be full then can free upgrade.

No. 2: giving birth is happy thing so since we r stayin in maternity ward, can meet more mummy frens n go for e baby course together.

No. 3: my mom says after giving birth likely we will be very tired n sleep a lot so how good e room we may also not enjoy.

No. 4: in case hubby can't stay overnight due to work or wat, will be quite scary in single room.

No. 5: pte hospitals r all quite good service no matter single or 4 bedder n also hav tv n air con.

So after listening to all these, I agree on 4 bedder cos more impt to save money for baby. Baby will need injections n full month celebration also.

Glennia, wat makes u decide to take ga? For mt a, ga medisave can claim to 3.9k. The room charge for 1 bedder for 3 nights is 3.176k so will have abt $700 left over. But from this $700 have to pay for doctor fees (mine is 2.5k) for e delivery, must add on surcharge cos I choose date (not sure how much yet), fee for e doc who do ga for us, baby's fees etc

so I think I really can only afford 4 bedder n save e medisave claims for other fees.

Anmaria good to hear ur mommy can come in time! Happy for u cos our own mummy is really d person we can trust most. I also tell my mom to pls visit me everyday when I 1st go home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babymustwear, They gynae said Im the very hyper sort who will move. So he doesnt want me to try epidural.

When you mention Doctor fees, are you talking about the depost you pay to the doctor? How come yours is so ex? I only paid $1,200 for my gynae's fees.

Actually if I am getting a 2 bedder, might as well opt for 4 bedder right? Since 2 additional beds wont make much of a difference in noise level. In fact, when I visited my friend in Mount A, 4 bedder, the ward was very quiet.

babymustwear, glennia

a friend of mine told me if possible do GA if c-sec instead of partial anasthesia like epi.

Reason is safer..cos if we move a bit2..then it might interfere the surgery..

the only thing is your hubby can not see the whole procedure..but it's ok lah. Safe him from all this agony..hehe..

babymustwear..

yeah..so many other fees included here..doctor fee for labour, all additional charges like epi, labor ward, and other small little things..

i agree with you we should now consider to save money.

I stil remember on planning our wedding last year. I choose everything cheaper but our wedding still end up a very memorable one..cos what most important is we married a wonderful husband..not how glamourous our wedding is.

so now..with the baby..what most important for me is I deliver a healthy baby..not how expensive and luxurious the ward is.

I am sure my husband will appreciate if I ask him to go home and take a rest..cos the whole experience must be very tiring for him too.

Back