I have hydrosalpinx..

Thanks Faithe83! At least i can just go ahead with ivf without cutting my 1 n only tube.. i was watching youtube on ivf and they said the egg retrieval was a painful procedure.. is it true?

Thanks Faithe83! At least i can just go ahead with ivf without cutting my 1 n only tube.. i was watching youtube on ivf and they said the egg retrieval was a painful procedure.. is it true?
I only can rem the jab which is on the thighs before ER that one is very painful. Be positive and I'm sure you will succeed too. Are you trying at kkh?

I only can rem the jab which is on the thighs before ER that one is very painful. Be positive and I'm sure you will succeed too. Are you trying at kkh?

Yup im waiting for the ivf dept to call me...to set dates or something.. but the doc already let me know that the earliest slot is in august.. so we plan to do the ivf end of september.. when my bonus comes.. :) i heard its expensive.. and some of my friend told me to prepare a lot of cash... Do you remember how much must we bring the first time?

Hello All, im new here n wondering if anyone hv a success ivf pregnancy with hydrosal?

Worried ... :(
Hi Raz, after 3 unsuccessful IVF (1 fresh, 3 FET)sessions at KKH under Dr Tan, he found out that I had a hydrosalphinx on my left tube, treating it would increase the chances of success. I went ahead for the small surgery and soon after continued with my 4th IVF (fresh) session,. I was pregnant! However, sadly, we miscarried nearing 3 months. If you're a Singaporean, IVF treatments are highly subsidized, however, I spent about 4k+cash to fix the hydrosalphinx and since it was a fertility problem, it was not claimable under insurance and can only use up to 2k medisave. Hope this information helps.

Hi Raz, after 3 unsuccessful IVF (1 fresh, 3 FET)sessions at KKH under Dr Tan, he found out that I had a hydrosalphinx on my left tube, treating it would increase the chances of success. I went ahead for the small surgery and soon after continued with my 4th IVF (fresh) session,. I was pregnant! However, sadly, we miscarried nearing 3 months. If you're a Singaporean, IVF treatments are highly subsidized, however, I spent about 4k+cash to fix the hydrosalphinx and since it was a fertility problem, it was not claimable under insurance and can only use up to 2k medisave. Hope this information helps.
Thanks forever Mommy...sorry to hear about you mc :( .... I'm currently still waiting for them to call me on the ivf appointment...hopefully I'm strong enough to go through this journey.. Excited but at same time worrying about my hydrosalphinx...

Faithe83 egg extract will not be painful they will make you to sleep to extract the egg n it pain abit like coming Mense

Hi, for those of you who had hydrosalpinx and fell pregnant through iVF, can I ask was it bilateral? I have bilateral hydros and going for IVF next month. Really nervous coz I know the chances of success are so low. It seems people who have only one hydros or small amount of hydros have success but perhaps not people with bilateral hydros or more severe ones.

Hi, for those of you who had hydrosalpinx and fell pregnant through iVF, can I ask was it bilateral? I have bilateral hydros and going for IVF next month. Really nervous coz I know the chances of success are so low. It seems people who have only one hydros or small amount of hydros have success but perhaps not people with bilateral hydros or more severe ones.
Hi Curious Wombat... i did hear some success stories but not sure which type of hydro. Me myself is hydro in 1 n only tube. Me too! Im going for my ivf next month... went for the briefing just now. So now waiting for my menses to come...
where r u doing ur ivf???

We have our briefing this Thursday. Start on first day of menses in October.

I have Dr Jerry Chan (I think his name is). He said that because my hydros was caused from adhesions due to previous abdominal surgery and not infection, there is a chance that the fluid is not toxic or whatever. But I have seriously never heard of this anywhere else. I hope he wasn't just trying to keep my hopes up.

Can I ask why you aren't getting the tubal ligation beforehand? They won't remove mine because of the adhesions they would have to try and cut through just to get to my tubes. They say it might be too risky and will end up being a laparotomy rather than the simple laprascopy.

We have our briefing this Thursday. Start on first day of menses in October.

I have Dr Jerry Chan (I think his name is). He said that because my hydros was caused from adhesions due to previous abdominal surgery and not infection, there is a chance that the fluid is not toxic or whatever. But I have seriously never heard of this anywhere else. I hope he wasn't just trying to keep my hopes up.

Can I ask why you aren't getting the tubal ligation beforehand? They won't remove mine because of the adhesions they would have to try and cut through just to get to my tubes. They say it might be too risky and will end up being a laparotomy rather than the simple laprascopy.
I tot of it b4. But if i cut it off then i have no more tube.. so we kidda of just leave the rest to god...

Me in kkh too!! Thanks ! Need it.. to u too.... will do... i never tot that i would be waiting anxiously to have my menses come soon haha..
Hi, can I ask how you went with your first cycle? Hoping to hear good news from you! I have just started mine.

Hi, can I ask how you went with your first cycle? Hoping to hear good news from you! I have just started mine.
Hihi! Im in my 2ww now... this thursday i will be going to kkh again for the blood test.... but i have bleeding yesterdayy night... bright red. So not sure if i fail this cycle.... cried my eyeballs out last night... but felt better today.. so im just leaving everything to god... anyway hope urs will be a good news :)

Hihi! Im in my 2ww now... this thursday i will be going to kkh again for the blood test.... but i have bleeding yesterdayy night... bright red. So not sure if i fail this cycle.... cried my eyeballs out last night... but felt better today.. so im just leaving everything to god... anyway hope urs will be a good news :)
Gosh. Okay. Well you never know, so I hope it's still a positive result. Only first time. Do you have embryos frozen?

Thanks love :)
Hi Dear, just to update you... its a negative :(
Heart broken into million pieces but still trying to feel and think positive... Next appointment to meet doctor will be 25Nov...
Looking forwarf to round 2.... maybe next year... hope that yours will go super smooth.. :)

Heart broken into million pieces but still trying to feel and think positive... Next appointment to meet doctor will be 25Nov...
Looking forwarf to round 2.... maybe next year... hope that yours will go super smooth.. :)
Hey I didn't get this message. I'm sorry to hear! Just a few things I have learnt that I don't know if you know about. I read a study where they looked at hydrosalpinges success rates and if the hydros were not able to be seen on a regular vaginal ultrasound, then they didn't lower the success rates however if they were large enough to be seen, then this was the group with the reduced success rates. Seems obvious... The larger the hydros, the worse your chances. However maybe you could ask them next time and if they can't see your hydro on the ultrasound you go ahead and just try again but if they can see it, then maybe you have to seriously consider the tube removal.

I had my egg collection today. One hydros is visible and one isn't. They aspirated the fluid in the tube which was visible. Another study I read shows that this also improves odds. The fluid will eventually come back but it many cases it stays low enough for implantation to take place. Something to think about if you don't want to have your tube surgically removed.

Stay in touch.

Hey I didn't get this message. I'm sorry to hear! Just a few things I have learnt that I don't know if you know about. I read a study where they looked at hydrosalpinges success rates and if the hydros were not able to be seen on a regular vaginal ultrasound, then they didn't lower the success rates however if they were large enough to be seen, then this was the group with the reduced success rates. Seems obvious... The larger the hydros, the worse your chances. However maybe you could ask them next time and if they can't see your hydro on the ultrasound you go ahead and just try again but if they can see it, then maybe you have to seriously consider the tube removal.

I had my egg collection today. One hydros is visible and one isn't. They aspirated the fluid in the tube which was visible. Another study I read shows that this also improves odds. The fluid will eventually come back but it many cases it stays low enough for implantation to take place. Something to think about if you don't want to have your tube surgically removed.

Stay in touch.
Do you have any frozen embryos?

I had my embryo transfer yesterday. Initially had 11 eggs retrieved. 8 were mature, only 4 fertilised thru icsi, 2 didnt grow so was only left 2 embies which doc strongly recommended we transfer. I'm kind of shocked and disappointed that I only ended up with two. Was hoping to have some frozen for later. Anyway I have two so I should be thankful for that. Today I am so puffed out. Even sitting down is tiring. Did you get breathless? I've heard of ohss and breathless bring one of the symptoms but I didn't think that I would have it that badly since I only had 11 eggs taken.

I have a blocked left fallopian tube. KKH doc suggested me to do a surgery to unblock the tube or even cut if off. She said to prevent Ectopic pregnancy in case I am pregnant. I thinking if I remove 1 of my tube, is the success rate of my ivf is it high?

I have a blocked left fallopian tube. KKH doc suggested me to do a surgery to unblock the tube or even cut if off. She said to prevent Ectopic pregnancy in case I am pregnant. I thinking if I remove 1 of my tube, is the success rate of my ivf is it high?
The general consensus is that hydros reduces your chances by half, so if you have it removed it will definitley increase your ivf chances. If you only have one blocked tunes, couldn't you still fall pregnant naturally with the other one?

The general consensus is that hydros reduces your chances by half, so if you have it removed it will definitley increase your ivf chances. If you only have one blocked tunes, couldn't you still fall pregnant naturally with the other one?
Yes 50% success chance. Every mth, it takes alternate side (ovary) for me to ovaluate. I will undergo the surgery. Dunno after the surgery need how long then i can fo for ivf.

Hi just wanted to tell you that result was negative.

Hi do you eventually have baby? I’m having the same prob as you now :(

Back