I-Genius vs Shichida

just_a_woman

Hi Mommies,

Have anyone enroll your prince/princess in I-Genius / Shichida?
i'm interested in letting my son join, but not sure which 1 to choose? and also a bit blur of Shichida course price.

Need mommies help, can let me knw how's the course like and what's the price? Is it gd?

From what i knw, it seems like I-Genius is actually quite affordable compare to Shichida, but i'm afraid i-genius might not be effective as Shichida.

Please let me what's your view.

thanks!!! ^_^

Hi Mummy,

Pls also advise the price

Thx...
happy.gif

halo mums,
my son is 14 mths nw. i cal up i genius 2 mths ago, tinkin cud b cheaper den shichida. to my surprise is slightly more ex den shichida. i cant rem wel, but i tink is $900 + per term excluding all other etc $.
shichida is $700+ per term.
i genius is at orchard area, which i try to avoid on wk end.
shichida hor, i waitlist since may and paid up the $350 in Jul for the priority bookin but i stil dindt secure a seat for the oct 08 intake.
hence i am posting here to tel all mums tat if u r keen to send yr kids to shichida , be prepared to wait at least 6 mths.

There is a long q for Shichida after the TV ran a series on their programs and their success stories. My 13 month old son is attending SM for the 2nd term now. Honestly, I'm not sure if it is really effective. I think what is most important is for parents and caregiver to provide stimulation for the baby on a daily basis. I don't think a once a week program is going to turn our kids into geniuses. Those success stories have one thing in common. The parents themselves spend a lot of time nurturing their kids. They could also have some in born talents to begin with.

My son is very active and he doesn't sit still at all during the class. I let him stand at the table most of the time or walk around when he gets bored at the activity. Will continue for 2 more terms then look for other programs.

I think the pricing is also very exhorbitant. The quality of materials which they use are not that impressive. The most rip off charge is the PEC which all new parents must attend. I attended, thinking it was a session teaching parents how to do home base practice. It turned out to be a "ra ra" talk on how good their program is. And we paid almost $300 for me and my hubby to attend.

hi. my 4yr old girl has been attending i-genius for 4 mths. she's improved on her mental analysis skills. as i-genius says, all kids have it, they are just helping them to use these skills in the most effective way. the teachers there are very patient and give lots of attention, guidance to the kids and even explain to the parents after each class on how we can enhance the learning at home.

Hi All

I had my daughter enrolled into Schichida a year ago, & I was not happy at all with the trainers & the programmes. I have done alot of research since then, & I've found that flash cards is not the way to go at all. In my research I discovered that the Genius Einstein did not use flashcards, & Prof. Kathy Hirsh-Pasek from Us did a talk about flashcards & the development of our children's brains, it made me think long & hard about Schichida Method and what flashcards are actually doing 2 our kids.Please check this out mummies &daddies website:http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/content/learning-through-play.

hi,

my son joins igenius a few mths ago. he love his teacher & is enjoying his class a lot!

i think a teacher with a loving heart is very important to our children. they'll feel the love from their teacher, and more likely to pay attention in class.

hi,

i actially went to shichida and registered for my gal and found out i actualy have to wait for another 6 mth. yesterday went to igennius and the founder actually sat dwn and talked to us abt thier prog which sound pretty good. i wld like to find out more from mommybb n betty hw did ur child progress after attending the class

may i know how long is a term?

i got the charges from another mummy here... something like:
wkday/wkend term: 745/780
PEC for 1 pax: 170
GST: ~70
total abt: 1100+

hi michelle, igenius is less stressful when learning. i heard lessons in shichida are conducted in a fast pace cos a lot of things to learn, jam-packed.

hi mummies,

Have anyone heard of Little Neuro Tree? Same here, I am also looking for enrichment class for my son. Had went shichida, I must say my husband and I are impressed by the video shown to us, but the waiting list is till july/oct earliest which I don't wish to waste time waiting.

hi mommybb,

where is exactly the location for igenius? what and how do they teach?

Hi,

I just enrolled my daughter (2 yrs old) to igenius. Class will be started from next week.
I bought ONE yr package ($3100) (12 mths div $3100 = $258 per mth) incl. Training materials.

My daughter has attended SM for a yr but i found the material they used and teaching method not much different from 1st day till last so i withdrew my daughter.

Went to the GUG trial session. Not too bad. Got music lesson,art and etc...but very similar to child care's program.

Little Neuro Tree is only for child above 3 yrs. It is opened by SM ex staff.

Igenius = Orchard. Tong Building (Nxt to Paragon)

I enrolled my daughter 21 months to little neuro tree. Not so bad. She enjoys it. they have trial class now.

Hi Jess, Mommybb, Betty,

Can you please share how are classes at IGenius? Any good?

Have enrolled mine at the Bishan home-based right brain training run by two ex-SM staff.
NO Good.

They have many kids wanting to
attend weekend classes and in the end, they roped
in their friend (who's some admin person by day job) to help them to conduct classes on weekends.

After 1 term, 2 other parents and i decided not to continue. Now, IGenuius sounds better.

Please PM or share here? Thanks.

hi all,

my son is still at igenius. he has completed the fundamental level. now, he is attending the advance level.

so far so good abt their lessons.

Hi all,

it seems that I genius 1 year package is quite attractive. How many lessons per term though? or per month?

Hi people. I'm a reporter from The Straits Times, looking to get in touch with some people who have watched the TV series on Shichida for their comments.

Am hoping that someone kind enough would be able to help out. Please email me at [email protected] and if possible, provide a contact for me to reach you by?

Thanks so much!!

Hi All

Just to share that my girl has been attending Little Neuro Tree at
Parkway Parade shopping mall since Jan this year. She has been showing
great improvement both in her concentration as well as the many class
activities done in 3 lanaguages.

Do check out their newly setup blog-spot below for more info:

http://lntpp.blogspot.com

heehee!!! my girl appeared in one of their photos too... =)

hi beary,

sorry i took so long to reply...
my girl (now almost 6) has finally completed her 60lessons pakage in sept09 with i-genius.
she's more advance in her literacy skills compared to her peers (in gug where she's been since 3) she's good with memory, completeing sums up to double digits.

she found it quite a relief to not carry on with i-genius. she got quite stress going into the class as she advanced to the mega4-6yrs stage. the worksheets got really difficult for her... even my hubby found it difficult.
and ironically, i find that she's more confident now compared to the days when she had to attend i-genius. sometimes the disappointment from not getting the right answer gets to the kids. they can't handle failure at such a young age.... they'll lose their self-esteem.
so whatever you sign up your kid(s)... do remind them that its ok not to get the right answers.
sometimes, the teacher's tone when highlighting the kid's mistake can hurt the child alot!

My 3 yr old has been attending iGenius for 3 months. I think it's good. Costs $60-70/lesson (depends on whether there are promotions when you sign up). The teacher is very patient with him and he has made progress. They are trained to highlight mistakes in a special way so the child doesn't feel upset, although that's sometimes unavoidable. Because the teacher-student ratio is low, he got used to speaking up and is now an outspoken boy at kindergarten.

I am impressed by how beautifully designed their worksheets and props are. There are always new activities to do and the classrooms are spotless. Everything feels well-organised. There are even additional FOC activities like mooncake-tasting and kite-decorating for special months.

Some of the worksheets (homework) are indeed too advanced for him but we just don't do them if he doesn't enjoy them. For sure, the classes are challenging for my son and he took a while to catch up. Still doesn't do too well at some activities compared to his classmates, but never mind lor. Parents, be aware that the children who are enrolled tend to be quite advanced so that increases the challenge/competition in class. Frankly I was amazed by his classmates' quick reactions and knowledge. My son is still quite blur but luckily he doesn't take failure to heart, and he gets praised when he does well so he doesn't mind going there.

A church friend of mine who lives and works in switzerland as a gifted kids school instructor suggested me to bring my children to visit museum for a single purpose, that is to let our kids to explore as much as they could, and museum is an ideal place to begin with.

I guess all kids are talented and gifted in certain areas, however the parents and the schools have put up too much boundaries restricting their pursuance towards their personal interest. Very often children have to subdue their curiousity and interest for the sake of getting grade A at school, as a result nowadays we have many students with high academic performance but with no soul or exceptional achievement.

hi,

i have $250 off voucher for my little genius,expires on 13th may 2012,if interested,please pm me

Back