How to lose weight post delivery

Another way is to take care of your baby by yourself. Confirm will lose weight [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Li Qing

my milk supply very low and baby rarely latch I don't think I can lose weight by breastfeeding alone.

Hi jaz,

How long you took to lose weight by taking care of baby yourself? Do you mean full-time taking care or at night after you off work?

I mean full-time taking care. Actually by breastfeeding, my weight returned to +2Kg pre-pregnancy. After I stop breast-feeding, there was no change in my weight, until I started taking care of my girl full-time. Within 3 months, my weight reduced to 2kg below pre-pregnancy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I lose all 20+kg thru exercise and taking care of my boy full time for 19mths. Daytime handling son + do hsework, nitetime exercise for 40mins. No weight re-bounce

Hi blisslive

u can pump out ur milk supply if u haf a electronic / manual pump. I lose weight within a mth to get back my original weight.

Hi blisslive...can lose weight thru bf-ing...most effective tools..and of coz like wat the rest mentioned, taking care of newborn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I lost all the weight (and more) through diet and exercise (3x a week for 30 min on an elliptical machine). But I only started on this a year after I gv birth, and it took me about a year to lose 20kg. I think this is the best way to lose the extra pounds coz you'll be embarking on a healthy lifestyle that will only serve to benefit you for years to come.

LiQing

I am currently pumping out my breastmilk using a single pump. Do you lose weight within a month by pumping out your breastmilk ? How many times do you pump per day ?

choc

do you latch your baby to your breast or you pump out your breastmilk ?

Are you taking care of your newborn full-time or part-time ?

charmaine

what type of exercises do you do at night to be effective in losing weight ?

alhana

what kind of dieting you use in order to be effective in losing your weight ?

blisslive, i briskwalk on the treadmill 40mins and do 40 sit ups every nite. I lose all weight in less than 3 months. After i lose all weight, i exercise 1-2x a week. So the 1st 3 mths is the most "siong" period

blisslive

I just ate less carbs and most of my carbs are wholegrains (wholemeal bread, brown rice) etc. I only eat one big meal a day..either lunch or dinner. The other 2 meals are relatively light (e.g. a sandwich), but by eating wholegrains & protein, I feel full. I don't starve myself or deny myself the occasional snack like ice cream, burgers, cakes etc. As long as you eat healthy most of the time, and engage in regular exercise, the weight will just melt off.

Hi Blissful

Yup mi too using pump too.. Yup i did lose weight within a mth..I pumped 3x a day. Each pump can produce abt 350ml to 400ml..

charmaine

You really did put in a lot of hard work to shed off the excess weight.

alhana

your dieting and exercise method is quite healthy and safe. Thanks for sharing with me.

LiQing

so envy that you can pump out so much milk each time.

I can only pump out 60 ml only per time. Still looking for ways to increase my milk supply so that I can pump out more milk for my baby.

Bissful

u can try drink more soupy stuffs.. U can ask ur mum or in-law cook papaya fish soup 4 u. Can increase milk supply.

I lost 16kg through total breastfeeding. though weight loss is just a side benefit, the main thing is of course for the goodness of my baby [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BTW, I exclusively breastfeed my 4 month old, from the breast only, no pumping, but when i do pump, i only can get 70ml in total. so pumping is not a real measure of milk production. and pumping is a skill indeed!

bisslive,

that time i pump out and latch too..but heavily pumping lar...and yes i take care baby full time until maternity leave ended and my mum help me take care and i bring him home daily...

hmm...can lose the weight one lar..no worries ya...just take time...

means.... during whole pregnancy, will gain 20kg??

Oh my!!! =(

I am already slightly overweight before preg... if 20Kg how....

But really breastfeeding can reduce weight? This is so miracle..

hi mummies, is it true that if you do not lose your prenancy weight gain by the time your baby turns 1 year old, the weight gain is likely to stay with you?

I still have +4kg of pregnancy weight to go, even though i breastfeed for 6 months and take care of my boy afterwork and nite time. But does not seem to be losing the fats.. sadd...

Hi Kristie,

good day to you.

hm...for my case i lost weight very easily with breastfeed for 6 months.

are eating too many junk food and soft drink?

hi kristie,

it is not true that we must lose the weight gain by the time the baby turns one. i lose all the weight gain after 2 years plus.

taking care of the baby at night after work is not the same as taking care full-time. it is much more tiring full-time![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and we tend to eat more often at work at least for me..heheh

give yourself more time to lose the weight.

Hi mummies,

i am a mother of a 3 year old gal, i had hard time slimming down too.

i went to sign up slimming with 2 slimming centre and still din management to loss.

recently my friend recommend this B & H Capsule. I took for abt 3 weeks and can see that my tummy is smaller, also loss 1 kg in 3 weeks and maintaining. before i took the pills, with irreguarly sliming treatment session, my weight is also ard 58 to 60kg.

now that i am eating the pills alone and still eating as what i used to eat. my weight now is ard 56 to 57kg (after 3 meals). i usually weight my self in the night before i sleep.

although weight loss is slow, my coll told me that i look smaller in size now and i can fit back some of my clothing that is smaller in size.

you may think that its slow, cos this is not a slimming pills, its actually a detox herbal pills that help to clear your digestive system.

you need a full 3 mth cycle to see better results.

it has more benefits. not just detox.

those who are interested to know more do email me at [email protected]

i have to apologised that i do not have photo to show my results, cos when my friend intro to me, i tot just detox din know will loss wt. so din bother to take photo.

Hi

I signed up with a slimming ctr. Eatg the B&H pills too plus follow their program. Effective for me & so far no bounce back of weight.

Hi,

I have bought too many bottles of the OceanHealth MinusFatExtra wben I found that it is effective. Now, there are still some bottles left, expiring Dec/2010. Willing to let go at half price $18 (usual price is $35.60).

Price includes postage.

60caps for use this pre-post christmas season.

PM me if keen.

I didnt know that breast feeding can lose weight. I breast feed my baby and I found that I ate a lot. My intake of carbo (rice and bread) has increased. Even though I lose most of my weight,I still got 10 more kg to lose.

Li qing - you are like my sister. She also can pump out a lot of milk at one go. Do you have the recipe for papaya fish soup?

Hi All Mummies here, I have bought a set of MEDELA ELECTRIC PLUS PUMP - DUAL @$299 (plus free Bag & Nipple Cream) on 12.12.10 - BRAND NEW ..

Willing to let go @ 10% OFF..

As i have received a gift set of the same Pump fm my frd today.. PM me if u r interested.

delivery can be arrange...

Hi,

I also just gave birth in Aug'10, my pregancy weight was stuck with me till recently my friend recommended me a weight lost program.

So far into 5 weeks only and already lost 3Kg ! I am very pleased with the results so far.

Anyone interested can email me at [email protected] and I can share with you more details

Hello mummies,

I'm new here. I'm a first time mum and just gave birth in Jan this year. I've come to this forum as a source of information and advice. I've been facing quite a few problems and one of them is losing weight after giving birth. I haven't shed any weight even after 5 months since I gave birth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] I've started exercising recently, but it doesn't seem to take much of an effect. My friends have been recommending me to sign up for slimming programme at Marie France as their services are good. I'm really tempted to try as they have a promotion now that provides a 6 months package at only $133. I feel that there's no harm trying out the slimming package since they have a promotion now. Has anyone tried their services before? I'm really tempted to try but hope to hear some thoughts and experiences first! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Abi,

like you, i gave birth in Jan this year.

pre-preg i was already weighing 85kg, and this went up to 100kg in my last tri. very depressed also. when my baby was born i took to bfing full time and also took care of my baby myself. i got back to 85kg in about 2 weeks, and from then on my weight started to slowly drop. i am now 75kg. after i stopped bfing weight bounced back to 80kg but i managed to lose another 5kg, maybe cos take care of baby and back to work.. because of my diet during bfing(started eating healthily cos what i eat is what baby eat) i started liking things like salads and fruits. therefore currently i am -10kg prepreg weight. aiming to go down further to 65kg, my ideal weight. i did not exercise, or rather, no time too.. but i think i was very active and like to bring baby out.. no stroller for me as i find it troublesome so its baby carrier here, there, everywhere. i think my arms more toned now. haha. but my skin ah, sag everywhere.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but trying to eat more fruits and apply lotion to firm it.. no time exercise is like that. haha.

my friend spent 2k plus on marie france and after almsot half a year lost only 2kg. but thats only one friend and i cannot speak for others. i think i lose more weight just focusing on taking care of baby and eating normally without trying to yoyo diet.. weekends i bring baby to have a little kick in the pool and hubby and i take turns swim a few laps.

Hello joodzjoodz,

Thanks for sharing! yea I heard alot about losing weight through taking care of the baby and bfing. I'm trying it out now, hopefully I can lose some of those weight too! It's so sad to see that I cant fit into my pre-preg clothes!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Oh did your friend sign up for a package at marie france? Do you know how's the treatment like? I'm so tempted by the promotion earlier but decided to wait a little longer to see if other method works. But so far marie france is the only slimming centre i found with quite good feedback. So if I still dun slim down after like 2 or 3 months time, I might consider going for their slimming package.

Hi Abi,

I have tried slimming program at Cenosis and acupuncture before both it can help to slim down but when rebound the result even greater than the kgs u have slimmed.

The last program I tried which help me to lost 8kgs of body fats and it help my mum too. If you interested to know more, I will be more happy to share with you. Take care 

Hi mummies

Time is often spent on babies to the extent that we are not able to visit slimming centres or exercise to shed the extras, unless you have help at home. I used to sign up for packages which I didn't complete

How about choosing the right food, getting the nutrients needed, look good + lose weight? I tried the south beach diet, lost 2kg within 1 week

Hello Mummies..

I was 72kg after popped.. n i took up this nutrition cellular program and with the guidance of the wellness coach.. in 6 months i lost 12kg.

and weight maintained the same.. and with their healthy breakfast.. n guidance of eating right.. my weight went down another 2kg recently..

They even run weight loss contest to encourage pple to lose weight..

interested can PM me or

check out the website.. www.weightlosskakis.com

Hello Mummies,

i was 62 kg after deliver by 2nd son. i was on fully breastfeed for 17 months + a weight management program, and am is 47 kg now. My son is going to 20 months :)

PM me if you interested to know my method. Cheer~

Keeping busy, walking to and fro from nearest supermart helps. Also don't eat after 8pm or drink water before sleep 'cos bloating happens. More fruits and veg too[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ladies,

Just to share my successful slimming prog cos I fully understand how frustrating it is with those extra pounds!!

I'm a mother of 2, tried many and unsuccessful expensive methods. My friend introduced a 3 month prog, together with a ever patient consultant to achieve my ideal weight and shape. I've completed the prog 3 months ago and still able to maintain without any rebound! The concept behind this patented prog is backed up by strong scientic research and approved by HSA

Do pm me for more details, I can get my consultant to work with u .

Hi mummies,

I am a mother of 3 and finally decided to take a program after my 3rd delivery. I shed 70% of fats out of my total weight loss, back to my pre-pregnancy shape and even fixed my pear shape on legs. Nowadays, i am very confident in picking my dress, much more enjoy shopping to change my whole wardrobe!

Apart from the confidence level i regain, my recent medical reports shows that I hav also regain my health which my family medical history of diabetic n high cholesterol level is now back to normal.

Never feel so good before!

Back