How to complain to SINGPOST about lost mails?

mspinky

I have lost mails lately that I din receive - a shampoo and booklet of stamp from different mummies.. so angry, dunno if the postman keep it him/herself.. but i know singpost sure say they not responsible for normal mails that are lost... but i think need to bring this up to them if not our mails kept on missing? anyone has complain before about this similar incident?

I have a nasty experience with speedpost service just 2 days ago. Their mails in HQ, yet can't find! And I'm not the only affected who can't get the parcel. Many angry and frustrated customers were there at HQ, waiting for hours just to get their parcels.

Hi,

I've experienced lost mail too. I sent out to the other party but the receiver did not receive after 1 month. I lodged a complain at their branch office and they just let me fill up the investigation form and promised that they will investigate and try to locate the mail.

Anyway, no use at all cos the item still could not be found.

I have the direct line of the postmaster in charge of my area, and I will just call him to help me trace the mail if it is taking too long to come.

hi thks all mummies... ya reali very angry wonder if the postman keep it himself.. how do i find out who is the postmaster of our area?

hi cuppy, tat number is wat no?

ya i oso feel that if i complain they will only say they will investigate and say sorry cannot find lor... but i just wana bring this up cannot always like this...

Not only lost mails...I've encountered mail that I cant even take out from my mail box!

I ordered a book, and the lazy postman just squeezed the book into my mailbox and I cannot take it out! End up luckily my husband met him 2 days later, then manage to take out from the other side...

and also even though our mailbox latch is closed, we still receive junk mail from estate agents, aluminium companies etc...dunno whether is because the companies gave the postman some tips/commission to help them put those into our mailbox...terrible!

I've not experienced lost mails be4 (yet). But i encountered one shocking experience. One day, the post man delivered a registered mail for my hubby, but i din notice the knock on the door and never ans the door. Then to my horror, the postman actually passed the registered mail to my neighbour!. I was so shocked when i got the mail fr my neighbour. I tot registered mail means u must deliver to the exact location stated on the mail, and need to be signed?? How can such a thing happen, so reading this thread now, I'm not surprised that there r so many cases of lost mails. Very unprofessional services!!!!

My experience is worst.. I called for a redelivery for mon from 2-6pm... so i waited and waited and no signs of the postman... then he redeliver on tues morn when i'm not home!!! so angry... waited for so long and deliver when i'm not home again.. didn't even sms or call to say that they can't deliver that day...

so unprofessional!!!! in the end my hubby has to go down to collect!!! wah liao pay them still must queue to collect!!! sigh..

Then I expecting another 3 parcels from USA and then my neighbour called me to tell me that there is a postman and can she sigh on my behalf...
Then i expected the postman wld wan to hear my voice and verify that i'm the owner ... guess wat he can't be bothered!!!! didn't even ask to talk to me and let my neighbour sign and left at her place!!! wah liao..

very irresponsible.....they just hire any Tom, Dick or Harry to do the job, so long as they can cycle can already. DUH!

This thread will be moved to Temp Holding Place.
Pls continue your discussions there.
Thanks

Not only I lost alot of mails recently, some are important letters. 2 mths ago, I arrange for redelivery...... 3 times, the postman just put the notice without knocking the door.

The last time I sat next to the door, so when I saw the notice, I opened the door, postman no longer there. Call the HQ immediately, told me " sorry! you have to arrange againn!" I was furious and wrote to complain.

Now again....... very sianz leh. even registered mail also will gone missing.

janbebe,
Same lor! And best, I redirect to another address, speedpost never come. When I called, they dun dare to tell me parcel still in HQ. It's only when I asked if they are coming, then the hotline ppl said "parcel is not out, still in HQ" when they told me they will deliver at this time slot. So they rearrange to another day to the same directed address, but ended they wen tot my home on Sat. Best, I was at home until 4.30pm I went out and back at 9pm to see a notice for failed delivery. I called up and they only told me "high vol of traffic, hence delivery timing extended...". Ended I arranged for self collection at HQ, and for more than 8hrs, they couldn't despatch the parcel from upstair to Singapore Post Centre at level 1. I called several times until I got fedup, and requested the officer to call me back.
Yes, I know they handle many mails per day, but with this kind of service, they are delaying all the mails.

Yole Chong,
Those companies paid Singpost to deliver those advertisements to our letter box.

Mummies,
I checked with Singpost/Speedpost before. A lot of their postmen are freelancer or part timers. I urged you put up this unprofessional services eg. pass your parcels to neighbours to Singpost notice! Not all neighbours are good neighbours.

omg cant we do anythin to these postman? do u think singpost will do anythin if complain? anyone can advise me hw to get the contact of the postmaster? im thinkin we shd do somethin rather than letting them giving us excuse when they dun deliver as promise.. since only singpost do local delivery.. does it mean they are monopoly nobody can do anythin liao? haiz govt gotta do somethin then rite?

I doubt they will respond to complaints lor. Always give excuse "we will check" when they response, if not totally no respond from them.
Maybe should post to papers, then they will be more efficient to reply?
I'm still expecting 2 parcels from my spree lor. Till now no news yet.

I also lost 2 parcels recently. I called singpost and emailed them too.

Their response is because my parcels weren't registered, they can't trace.

Its as good as lost.. sigh..

I have lost a total of three parcels from Singapost. 2 of them from this forum. However, there is no hope of finding... Feedback to them and Singpost only reply once and after that no more! They will tell you that this is a normal mail so no hope of finding it..... That time mine was a parcel and I ask y will it go missing? They cant give me an answer and told me no choice since go by norm mail! I was so pissed. But nothing I can do since I opt for norm mail in the 1st place. I just bot something again last week and I have been waiting for 3 days but still not received yet... If its lost again... will add to another stats! Sometimes I feel whether if its the postman... Coz all the tiems which are lost mails are to my home address. And its take ard 3 days or more before the item reaches me (though Singapost say delivery shld take 1 -2 working days!) I have not lost any mails which are mailed to my mums house. So is it really the postman prob? My mum house side is more of an experienced postwoman whereas my side here is a postman who keeps changing.....

seem like we cant do anythin cos our mail is normal post? so irresponsible of singpost despite being the monopoly.. angry!

i expected a parcel from US, postman came but no one's at home. there's wasnt any notification letter for me to collect at the Post office either, postman lazy or inexperience? if i din track my parcel, i wouldnt know the postman came at all. n what will happen to my Parcel if it's remains uncollected at their said period?

Anyone ever bought items from US and have it shipped to Singapore by first class airmail (FCA) and not receive the items?
I bought some stuff from a bulk purchase thread in this forum and it has already been 6 weeks and still not arrived. What is the maximum time to wait or did it get lost/stolen?

Me too got bad exp with singpost. last week, I purchased a book from ebay and seller said book was sent out 2 days ago. now its been week but still no book in the mailbox. i guess it was lost since by normal mail. good thing, seller is kind to compensate it by sending another book.

I didn't lose hope so I bought the same book in ebay again and this time, asked seller to send it by registered mail.

I know not all but some mailmen are lazy just put unopened envelopes without really looking at the address. hence some mails for another address put in your mailbox.

To share this link :Postal Services Guide

http://www.singpost.com/downloads/PSG/Postal%20Services%20Guide.pdf

It mentioned in page 5:

Help us to help you

While SingPost exercises the utmost care in delivering items posted via its system, like all
other postal operators in the world, it is unable to trace ordinary mail reported as ‘undelivered’,
for a wide variety of reasons including incomplete or wrong addresses, content spillage due to
improper sealing and non-posting.

However, as a responsible PPL, SingPost takes all feedback seriously and will look into them
without delay. To enable SingPost to investigate effectively into your feedback, please help to
furnish the following information:

- addressee’s name and complete address;
- place, date and estimated time of posting;
- description of the packaging of the item and its contents;
- submission of cover/envelope/wrapper (where applicable);
- enquirer’s name and address;
- time of incident; and
- any other relevant information.

aiyo mummies their svcs getting from bad to worse, anyhow without looking throw other unit letters to my postbox also.

Yes, I agree... I have had got lost mails in the past too. Had also received a couple of other people's mail (with other people's address on it) in my mailbox as well...

Actually lost mails even if normal mail de can call their main line and check based on estimate time parcel sent and the delivery address. They managed to help me trace 2 of my parcels before although slow until like tortoise!!!!

Anyone tried to lodge a police report with their lost mail/parcel? Someone must have illegally taken possession of it! Cannot just disappear into thin air right?

There's no case if no 'proof' of posting etc. Sigh... these days really have to take photos of every single thing that's mailed out. Also, better to pay for registered mail just to be on the safef side.

Registered mail also no use.
I had my registered mail sent to my neighbour by mistake by the postman.
The first thing I check is whether the address is correct after my neighbour pass to me.
It seems the address is correct and it appears the sad thing is the postman dont know how to read properly,

I've experienced lost mail/parcels too
sad.gif
I simply avoid having to send anything out and if I do need to post something, I visit a post office or if it's one of those govnt replies, I try my best to drop it off at the address personally.

Sigh...i've lost mail is already 2 weeks still heaven't received.
Anyone complain to singpost, how there will handle for lost mail?
Can't believe Singapore normal mail so unsafe, is other country happen the same thing?

Tell me about it. 2 yrs ago, I ordered some items from Taiwan, total cost about $800+... And guess what, there's another person whom bought same items as me from same supplier from Taiwan, and Singpost delivered everything to that person. And that person told Singpost she's unable to return the item as she had sold it. I sued Singpost for it and got compensated only after 3 mths later.

caterpilly
how to go about suing singpost? what are the fees involved?

i think the other person was not too honest to sell something that was delivered wrongly to her.

Such dishonest person to have kept the items and sold them off! How much did you spend on legal fees?

Caterpilly,

Pls share how did you go abt suing Singpost. Singpost was incompetent and the person who received it was very dishonest.

Hi,
I too recently had a very nasty encounter with Singpost. They lost my registered parcel from overseas which weighed 1.43kg and sent in a box. Can I seek help from those who had claimed loss or sued Singpost before. Thank you so much.

Omg I just had the same problem too! My parcel from US was declared lost after I called like dunno how many times. Now I've to fill up a form but according to them , they will only compensate to the seller regardless of the fact I'm the one who paid for it. The customer service people refuse to call me, but just to send me useless emails that keep informing me to contact the seller! Plus the parcel I sent overseas is still MIA even though I paid for registered post. Call them and their answer was the item is in that country but they won't be able to check where it is now! I'm so sick of singpost...they made me lose 2k worth , and I seriously doubt I'll see any of my money back. No more singpost for me ! I don't see how I can get back anything from them. People should be aware of them!

Singpost really terrible . Registered mail also can lost track . Than after 4 weeks , one night 10.30pm than deliver to me .

Last edited:
Singpost is terrible.. anyone help.. i posted my item using Smartpac Box in 4 Aug. I lodge case on 15 Aug after im notify parcel nv reach.. Till now The singpost keep telling me no update for the parcel. Anyone encountered registered mail lost n cannot find? How long?

Singpost is terrible.. anyone help.. i posted my item using Smartpac Box in 4 Aug. I lodge case on 15 Aug after im notify parcel nv reach.. Till now The singpost keep telling me no update for the parcel. Anyone encountered registered mail lost n cannot find? How long?
u shld ring them up and demand compensation.
my relative use to work in Singpost, she told me that any lost RA mail = $200 no matter what value is the lost mail.
so u shld demand for compensation.

hi to all,
can anyone advise where to lodge complaint to singpost? i got 2 packages supposed to receive this month,both lost ! both package by normal mail total value $200 over! both package A4 sized,so big still can get lost,i am really speechless! could they have pocketed them or maybe they are blind enough?? i really dun understand,half month gone n still no where in sight!

My brother had to write lengthy and strong worded emails after emails and spoke to so many in-charge before he got refunded for $70. He did it for the principle and not the money. I would have given up. Bottom line - very hard to get compensation and unless you are after a big amount, it is easier to let it go. They will send a standard reply to emails. Sigh.
hi mothers dream
did u manage to get compensate from singpost? i got a lost package by normal mail valued $200 n i had to compensate my frds ,i m desperate at a loss.singpost failed to deliver
mayb package cant fit in n i never receive slip for undelivered mail? i check with nearby singpost,they said dont have my package. if the staff delivered wrong address,its unfair to pay for those morons right!

Last edited:

They would probably just ask u to use registered mail or courier in the future. Even registered mail can lost...

Back