How do you find good tuition for your child?

purplecat

So many agencies, centres and freelance tutors. It can take up to weeks to find a good one! How do you find a good tuition (be it class or individual) for your child?

Hi Katie,

Have you found a suitable tutor yet? If you haven't, I have a really dedicated female tutor teaching my children. She is strict and always getting the best out of my children. She has been my co-worker who shoulders my burden with the kids. If you still interested, drop me anemail @ [email protected]

Hi,

I personally find suitable tutors from recommendations as I would like to take a short cut in testing their dedication.
I believe there are any good tutors, teachers or tutors themselves. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with changing my children's tutors all the time like I have problem with some domestic helpers now. I think it's good to find one through recommendations, thumbs up, this is how I fund mine! Dedicated, passionate, strict and future orientated! Thank God, I have a good helper to help me out with my two children. I hope all mothers find their helpers too! Cheers!

Angelica

Hi,

I am looking for a tutor to teach Pri 3 & 5 kids. Kindly drop me a email : [email protected],sg

Thank you.

My elder son is also very playful and slack when he was younger, we got him many tutors and tried to push him as he is the same type as your DD . He has no sense of urgency and really needed someone that push him and encourage him and at the same time patient with him to guide him through. I was very frustrated as well, cos I am working full time and my mother in law dont understand English at all..

But most of the tutors we got previously was not really patience and motivate enough so we keep changing tutors for my son , until when he was in P5 , we finally got a REALLY GOOD teacher for him, at first we also doubt how much can she helps cos she looks quite young, but according to my boiboi she is very patient and always encourage him, and from what I see is that I NEVER seen any tutor that put in this much of effort to help my son...

She knew that we were concern that she is just another fly by night tutor and she might not be the suitable tutor for us, so she offered us 2 FREE Trial lessons, and said there's no obligatory for us to hire her if she is not good or not suitable for our boiboi... Another thing which I am really amazed was she provides 24/7 service to my boi! when my boi don't how to do his question in the midnight during PSLE period, she answer him within 30mins with detailed answers via sms n mms even when its 3am... I think I myself also wont bother answering my boi as I am too tired....

She been teaching my boi since then and my boi is gg to sec 4 next year.. My another daughter is also under her tutoring... I think you are in the same desperate situation as what I was previously, so I really recommend u to call her up, her name is Ms Janel Tan (83187919)..

She has a classroom at Katong opposite 112 and I think she offer holiday programme (which provides extra FREE consultation for the students that are weaker and needs a push) but my boi boi is not gg for that as we are gg for a holiday trip, ahhahahh good luck fren! Its really not easy taking care of kids are not self motivated...

Hi,

I personally find suitable tutors from recommendations as I would like to take a short cut in testing their dedication.
I believe there are any good tutors, teachers or tutors themselves. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with changing my children's tutors all the time like I have problem with some domestic helpers now. I think it's good to find one through recommendations, thumbs up, this is how I fund mine! Dedicated, passionate, strict and future orientated! Thank God, I have a good helper to help me out with my two children. I hope all mothers find their helpers too! Cheers!

Angelica
I think u should call Ms tan up too :) 8318 7919

I believe in recommendations!

Hence am looking for swimming instructor recommendations :)

I have piano teacher to recommend if anyone needs - (Really cheap rates, way below market rate. Plus she is really good with my 6 YO daughter). Can share with you her number: 90280550. But if you want to know more details (such as how she teaches both me and my daughter, you can always PM me if paiseh to ask her).

I'm so in need of a full time dedicated & patient tutor to teach my son. Thank you for sharing. Really appreciate it

Most of the times, it's very hard for parents to find good tutors for their kids. I myself find it a challenge to find a tutor which me, my husband and my boy likes. It's always one or the other. Also had many bad experiences with them, some are not experienced some just doesn't connect with my boy, and some are just doing it for the money. I feel that it's the responsibility of the tuition agency to match your kid up with the right tutor and not just push anyone out there when there is an availability. Recently, a close friend of mine introduced this matching site called http://tuitionfinder.sg it's said that they matches tutors according to the student's needs. So if you're looking for something long term you can consider trying this.

Hi mummies,

I know of a tutor (my friends son) who teaches in marine terrace who teaches open classroom concept in his home at a fix rate regardless the number of times the child attend per month.

Basically the child is.able to come every weekdays after school till 6pm (sometimes 6.30pm as I end work late) and mummies can pick their child home after that.

The rate is quite affordable (300 for pri level and 350 for sec level). For mummies who are interested, you can give him a try. He covers Math eng and sciences for primary and secondary levels.

Name: Mr Lee

Hi mummies, my boy is entering Secondary 3 next year. We just moved back to Singapore and I am afraid he will not be able to catch up in school. I am helping him in other subjects but for Mathematics we are both clueless. Any homeschool programme for bridging purposes to recommend?

Hi parents!
I am a professional tuition coordinator linked to a 20-year experience tuition agency (Trust Tuition) with a network of THOUSANDS of tuition teachers (MOE and non-MOE registered). I can help you find the most updated and experienced tutors within your budget! Includes FREE Top school test papers and discounted assessment books!!

I have tutors who teach pri sch all the way to pre-uni subjects and even extra-curriculum activities like swimming or piano or guitar, with good reviews from other parents!! (Just having anyone of these will qualify you for the free test papers!)

I know national exams are a stressful period for both you and your child hence I will give an ADDITIONAL $20 voucher for the FIRST 20 sign ups!! HURRY NOW!!

Drop me a message on whatsapp at 84814139 or email me at [email protected] :)

I don't normally write long posts, but there is this tutor I really like to recommend. I think I already share this on some other forum before. There was this very nice teacher who was relief teaching in my gal's school and my gal was talking about her everyday...... They call her Ms Angel. Everyday my daughter comes home, it is Ms Angel this, Ms Angel that. Coincidentally, one day when I go to school, my gal pointed her out and I happen to talk to her in the canteen. Found out that she was also a tutor, so I asked her to be my gal's Science tutor. My gal of course was ecstatic. Didn't quite understand why she was called Ms Angel until I saw the way she taught my gal.

She was very very patient, and I could tell she has a special touch connecting with my gal. The great thing about hiring her is that my gal did not just start working harder for Science alone. She tends to be lazy, so I was hoping she does well enough to get into a good Secondary school. After Ms Angel started tutoring her, she would get her books out and study on her own which she nvr did before. When I asked her why, she says Ms Angel is a great teacher, she says I can get all A....... Apparently, Ms Angel doesn't just answer her Science questions. My gal said if she has some trouble with her other subjects, Ms Angel wld also guide her through at times. My gal very touched, and works really hard. She also told me Ms Angel often encourage her and sometimes gave her pretty stationery when she did well.

My gal eventually went to Dunman High and is now in the IP stream.

I wanted her to teach my daughter English, but her schedule a bit full. So we sent our gal to her home in Katong instead after school. Good tutors must secure, cannot let fly away!

Anyway, didn't realise I typed so long already, but good things should share around.

If anyone wants her number, it's 9637 9463. Her name is Ms Zara. She is a really good tutor, parents I talked to also keep praising her cos can tell she really cares about the child. She usually teaches upper Pri and Secondary school.

Back