How do u know my child's interest..?

Lostkitty

Hi Parents, I need advice on how to know my child's interest.

In fact, I intend to let my 4 YO girl learn ballet / music (Piano lesson) / Arts and Craft / Swimming. There are a lot of stuffs that I wanted to let my girl to learn but I know it will be too much for her. I need to identify what my girl interest is so that can directly introduce the class to her.

She attend childcare Mon - Fri and from the teacher feedback is that she likes Speech & Drama. When playing TV in school like Hi-5, my girl will get down from the chair and dance & sing along.

I have shown her the Youtube ballet and she seems not interest at all. I casually ask her what she like: Dancing, singing or drawing. She said drawing.

At home, I hardly tell what she likes.

Should I let her attend those classes I have mentioned above and see if she likes? How to tell and how long will I know whether my girl show interest on the class?

Hi Parents, I need advice on how to know my child's interest.

In fact, I intend to let my 4 YO girl learn ballet / music (Piano lesson) / Arts and Craft / Swimming. There are a lot of stuffs that I wanted to let my girl to learn but I know it will be too much for her. I need to identify what my girl interest is so that can directly introduce the class to her.

She attend childcare Mon - Fri and from the teacher feedback is that she likes Speech & Drama. When playing TV in school like Hi-5, my girl will get down from the chair and dance & sing along.

I have shown her the Youtube ballet and she seems not interest at all. I casually ask her what she like: Dancing, singing or drawing. She said drawing.

At home, I hardly tell what she likes.

Should I let her attend those classes I have mentioned above and see if she likes? How to tell and how long will I know whether my girl show interest on the class?

I think just do it slowly. I know nowadays the peer pressure or "Kid pressure" is getting on the parents. Anyway, I let my girl tried everything. She is quite hyperactive so I start her with ballet - thankfully she still in it (She is 7yo now).
but anyway, I let her tried Arts and Craft after ballet is a success, and she didn't like it. Swimming was the 3rd one and I think this is a lifetime skill. Piano is the last one. Just few months ago she kept asking for piano lesson. Perhaps because her brother plays violin at home.

Anyway I immediately let her stop if she doesn't like it after 2nd trial. So far all works except for Arts and Craft.

Back