Hiring Helper/Maid in Singapore 2016

I am consider to hire a helper/maid in Singapore, any opinions on below question?

1) recommended agency?
2) I heard that we can pay the salary to the agency by installments as the helpers has a loan right? NOT that kind of credit card installments.
3) Is that a compulsory to give helper/maid at least a minimum of 1 off day per month by MOM?
4) what question should i ask if to interview the helper/maid? Face to face is better or Video conferencing?

I am consider to hire a helper/maid in Singapore, any opinions on below question?

1) recommended agency?
2) I heard that we can pay the salary to the agency by installments as the helpers has a loan right? NOT that kind of credit card installments.
3) Is that a compulsory to give helper/maid at least a minimum of 1 off day per month by MOM?
4) what question should i ask if to interview the helper/maid? Face to face is better or Video conferencing?

My helper have been with me for 3 months now, did a excellent job taking care of my son even tho she came here with no experience. Choose her with recommendation from the agency, the staff that liased with me is quite friendly, she even share tips on how to communicate and build r/s with my helper.

1) My agency is Src Recruitment located at Far East Shopping Centre. i can give u the number of the staff that liased with me if u need, maybe you can get referral disc :)
2) This i'm not too sure, it's better to check with the agency.
3) From what i know, we need to give them 1 off day per week, but if u don't want her to have off day and she is willing not to go for off, u can compensate her. i only gave my helper 1 off day/ month so i compensate her 3x$20.
4) Depending on what type of duties u want the maid to do. For example, if you're hiring them to take care of children u may need to ask them - Do do like childrens? what will you do if the child won't stop crying etc. If it's for general housework, u may need to ask her about her cooking skills, what are her duties from her previous employer. if u're planning to take transfer maid , u can interview them face-to-face, but for fresh maid u will need to do video conference with them, i think it doesnt really matter if u interview them online or face to face.

Good Luck!

My helper have been with me for 3 months now, did a excellent job taking care of my son even tho she came here with no experience. Choose her with recommendation from the agency, the staff that liased with me is quite friendly, she even share tips on how to communicate and build r/s with my helper.

1) My agency is Src Recruitment located at Far East Shopping Centre. i can give u the number of the staff that liased with me if u need, maybe you can get referral disc :)
2) This i'm not too sure, it's better to check with the agency.
3) From what i know, we need to give them 1 off day per week, but if u don't want her to have off day and she is willing not to go for off, u can compensate her. i only gave my helper 1 off day/ month so i compensate her 3x$20.
4) Depending on what type of duties u want the maid to do. For example, if you're hiring them to take care of children u may need to ask them - Do do like childrens? what will you do if the child won't stop crying etc. If it's for general housework, u may need to ask her about her cooking skills, what are her duties from her previous employer. if u're planning to take transfer maid , u can interview them face-to-face, but for fresh maid u will need to do video conference with them, i think it doesnt really matter if u interview them online or face to face.

Good Luck!

How does the fees charged from the agency to you? And u pay via installments?

How does the fees charged from the agency to you? And u pay via installments?

Paid : $688 agency fee
$300+ insurance
$60 documentation
$190 runner fee for training cause my helper came w/o exp, if u choose exp maid might be cheaper.

Yup, i paid in 2 month installment.

Hi all! I don't want to spam you but I think we can actually help you mums out. Glorgo provides a cleaning service from $18/hr and we have only Singapore citizens or PRs as helpers. For those of you worried about theft we also background check all of our cleaners.

It's super easy to book online at https://www.glorgo.com or through our mobile app.

Login now and redeem our promotion code 'GLORGOLIFE', you will enjoy $20 off your first booking! (this promotion will end on 31-Dec-2016, so hurry up!)

Thanks for your time!

Paid : $688 agency fee
$300+ insurance
$60 documentation
$190 runner fee for training cause my helper came w/o exp, if u choose exp maid might be cheaper.

Yup, i paid in 2 month installment.

Hi does your maid get a loan to come in to work?

Back