HFMD Suspected - No more school - Advise Needed Urgently

jessl

Hi Mummies, i'm very stressed and hope that you can give me your advise.
My 5 yr old was rejected by the pre-school today because she has 2 red spots on her lower lips and another one at her inner cheek. I've examined her and quite sure that the inner one is bite mark and the ones on the lower lips is likely to be heaty.
I do understand the need to ensure the child is free of HFMD to curb infecting other childen. Hence, I've kept child at home instead and plans to observe her over the weekends. However, the pre-school has commented that doctors certification against HFMD is required regardless of whether she has or does not have any spots coming school week. Isn't it clear that if there are no further signs, no fever, no spots at all means not HFMD? Isn't it unreasonable to insist that a doctors certification is required when she has nothing for the doctor to assess? Does this mean the school can then send children back at their beck and call and inconvenience parents/caregivers?
Appreciate your advise / if you can share your experience. Thanks

The best way is to see a doctor and get the certification. I did that twice. Seeing doctor with no illness.
As parents, we know it is definitely not HFMD, however, We would not want to risk the health of other children too.

Yes, usually the school need the doctor certification that they are fit for school especially is suspect HFMD. my girl also had the same experience before.

Back