Help.. pls.. I am super upset.. reg my son myopia

Can some one who experienced myopia in their kids let me knwo the details of the same pls..

My son 5 yrs old has -1.5 and -1 both eyes. . My husband and myself doesn't wear glasses. .. so I hv no clue wht to do.. do I hv to check again for him? If yes pls suggest any good dr please?

Kindly help... thank you very much for valuable time. ..

I am in the same situation. I have perfect eye sight (though my hubby wear glasses) and we don't really expose him to ipad nor tv. so why?

We are being refered for further check. I just hate the thought of hiding those big sparkly eyes behind ugly spectacles.

Hi mummies,

You may want to let your children try g3 gac fruit comes with 3 other super fruit juice. it has tremendous improvement for my friends' son.

Can some one who experienced myopia in their kids let me knwo the details of the same pls..

My son 5 yrs old has -1.5 and -1 both eyes. . My husband and myself doesn't wear glasses. .. so I hv no clue wht to do.. do I hv to check again for him? If yes pls suggest any good dr please?

Kindly help... thank you very much for valuable time. ..

I am in the same situation. I have perfect eye sight (though my hubby wear glasses) and we don't really expose him to ipad nor tv. so why?

We are being refered for further check. I just hate the thought of hiding those big sparkly eyes behind ugly spectacles.

Hi mummies
I was just browsing the forum reading your concerns on Myopia. Googled and found this article features just two days ago.. I would assumed you are already in the know of this information?
Myopic clinic for children opens
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/myopia-clinic-for/925384.html

ref: CNNAsia17Dec2013

Hi mummies, being perfect eyesight yourself or your hubby do not guarantee that your child is spared from myopia. This is becos there is this thing that is called the recessive genes which may manifest thru our offsprings. Go for second opinion so that you can get a more accurate diagnosis.

Yes outdoor activities will help in our kids eyesight. But do note that they will need to put on sunglasses if the sunlight is too strong

Just a suggestion:

Although our gene might increase the chances of children having myopia, long exposure to focus on closer object can be one of the major influence.
My opinion is when the children spend a lot of their time seeing objects that are nearby, their body sent a signal to tell them that they do not need the capability to see things that are far away.
After a period of time of receiving this signal, their brain will give out the signal to their eyes to shut off this function and optimize other function that are more useful for them.
Although TV and ipad can be one of these causes for myopia, environment is very important too. Reading books under poor and strong lighting such as dark room and sunlight respectively can also be the cause too.

Encourage the children to do outdoor activities such as bird-watching, playing in the park is also one of the way. Try to review your children daily activities and make adjustment from there. :)

Back