Harmony Blood Test

Hi mum to be out there, I'm 36 this year. currently at my week 9 pregnancy. Since im a high risk mum I will consider to take Harmony Blood Test at TMC. anyone can tell what the cost of this test??

din had this test but i did heard about it from my gyane. he charges 2.1k.
said the blood sample had to be sent to HK. when i was week 12 that time was in may or june. the news about harmony test just released only.
not sure how much will TMC charge now though.. since the test now seems more "accessible".

This test costs $2k plus. It has 95% or 99% accuracy compared to the normal oscar test (around 80%). Those who are concerned over the invasiveness of amnio can consider the harmony test.

Thanks for all your info. I will consider to take this blood as I lost my very first baby during week 15plus. I failed my oscar test. I had a painful wait till week 15 plus for genetic scan at prof ananda. The result concluded that my bb brain has filled with fluid. Therefore, harmony test is the only option to know bb is ok as early as week 10.

Thanks for all your info. I will consider to take this blood as I lost my very first baby during week 15plus. I failed my oscar test. I had a painful wait till week 15 plus for genetic scan at prof ananda. The result concluded that my bb brain has filled with fluid. Therefore, harmony test is the only option to know bb is ok as early as week 10.
ok. am sorry to hear about this.
think your doc should had told you also on the slight possibility that the test can't return any result and the money cannot be refunded ya?
rem my gynae mentioned that this test is using the blood of either baby or some form of maternal blood thru placenta. so there is a slight chance that the blood drawn did not contain the required specimen for them to check baby's health. so no result can be returned.

anyway... all the best for your pregnancy this time round! dont worry too much and stay happy :)

Hi there, I took the test in mid Dec and it cost me 1.8k from TMC. According to my gynae, it's 99% accurate and can even tell you the gender of the baby as it tests the genetic material from the baby. Should they not be able to have enough material to test, they can redo it again but there will be no refunds.

As far as I understand, this test assesses the risks of triosomies 21, 18 and 13 (much like oscar test) but not for all fetal abnormalities.

Hope this helps. Take care and don't worry too much!

I did harmony test. It costs me S$2k. According to gynae, it will be sent to US for testing and then after that the result is 99% accurate. Also, you get to know the gender of your baby too. 2 tubes of blood was drawn from me and I waited about 3 weeks for the result. Hope this info can make you to make a decision :)

Hi gals,

Your blood drawn at which week? As according to prof ananda at camden, he advised to take ard week 14 to 15 when the maternal blood pick up more of bb DNA cells. So the results will be more promising.

prof ananda did nt scan for me at week 11 due to the first bb has brain deformed. ( birth defect) He did mention to me I can exclude this prob at week 11 for scanning bb brain skull and nasal bone. I was so relieved that my previous prob has been excluded. Bb is normal. So I can skip oscar test now.

My next targetted scan will be at week 14 or 15 for genetic scan to check bb organs. If not ok, then I need to proceed harmony test. The last targetted scan is 3d detailed scan at week 21 to 22.

Hi gals,

Your blood drawn at which week? As according to prof ananda at camden, he advised to take ard week 14 to 15 when the maternal blood pick up more of bb DNA cells. So the results will be more promising.

prof ananda did nt scan for me at week 11 due to the first bb has brain deformed. ( birth defect) He did mention to me I can exclude this prob at week 11 for scanning bb brain skull and nasal bone. I was so relieved that my previous prob has been excluded. Bb is normal. So I can skip oscar test now.

My next targetted scan will be at week 14 or 15 for genetic scan to check bb organs. If not ok, then I need to proceed harmony test. The last targetted scan is 3d detailed scan at week 21 to 22.

I did the test at week 13. Please double check with your gynae but I wld have thought your scan with Prof Ananda and the detailed scan at week 21 to 22 checks more of the baby's physical body / organs etc, and not so much of chromosome issues like what Oscar and harmony tests check on. You may want to do at least the oscar test due to your age?

Hi there, I took the test in mid Dec and it cost me 1.8k from TMC. According to my gynae, it's 99% accurate and can even tell you the gender of the baby as it tests the genetic material from the baby. Should they not be able to have enough material to test, they can redo it again but there will be no refunds.

As far as I understand, this test assesses the risks of triosomies 21, 18 and 13 (much like oscar test) but not for all fetal abnormalities.

Hope this helps. Take care and don't worry too much!

Hi,

which doctor/clinic @ TMC did you go.

Got quoted @ $2.3k - $3K excluding consultation $100 - $200 at Dr Yeap Min Li (TMC)

Hi,

which doctor/clinic @ TMC did you go.

Got quoted @ $2.3k - $3K excluding consultation $100 - $200 at Dr Yeap Min Li (TMC)

Hi there, sorry for late reply as I don't check the forum often. I did mine at ACJ Women's clinic, with Dr Jocelyn Wong. Just took a closer look at the invoice and it's actually $1926 after GST.

Hi all, i just did my Harmony test so it is a torturous wait. Totally no mood for CNY.

Those that have done and received results, can share if the results are a definite yes/no/inconclusive result?

Mumtobe0813- I saw your postings on other threads. You are so strong to go through your experiences. I also visited Dr Ananda and though it was encouraging, i still did the harmony test with him for peace of mind. Did you do the harmony test too?

Hi all, i just did my Harmony test so it is a torturous wait. Totally no mood for CNY.

Those that have done and received results, can share if the results are a definite yes/no/inconclusive result?

Mumtobe0813- I saw your postings on other threads. You are so strong to go through your experiences. I also visited Dr Ananda and though it was encouraging, i still did the harmony test with him for peace of mind. Did you do the harmony test too?

Hi a_mummy,

Yup!! Being pregnant again now is never as relax as the previous one! The only diff I feel is my first conception thru iui. While 7 months later, I got conceived naturally thru tcm. I didnt feel any ms.for the first one. While this time I suffer from bad ms and down with cold twice. I hope all these r good indication for healthy pregnancy. Lets keep finger crossed.

I haven't done my harmony blood test yet. As I have genetic scan appt with dr ananda on 4 feb. I will be at week 14 plus. I will see how is my genetic scan first. As spoken with dr ananda, although harmony test can be aa early as week 10 onwards. But the maternal.blood may not pick as much as baby dna as compared to week 14 above. So hubby and I decide to wait for genetic scan and seek dr ananda whether there is a need for harmony test.

Mumtobe0813- Wow we just a few days apart in our EDD! I am 14 weeks 5 days today. Are you in the Aug 2014 mummies group? I am in the July 2014 mummies group as my EDD is 27 July.

For your info, the harmony test at Dr Ananda costs $1900. I didnt check out many places to compare the prices. I just knew that Gleneagles (where i see my gyae) costs $2100 and some hospitals cost $2400. So when i was making a decision at Dr Ananda's clinic, we just went ahead. Saves time to check with other places too. But since you know KKH is cheap, you can make alternative plans (if you want the test, otherwise just ignore)

Hope you have good results at Dr Ananda and my harmony test results will be fine!

Mumtobe0813- Wow we just a few days apart in our EDD! I am 14 weeks 5 days today. Are you in the Aug 2014 mummies group? I am in the July 2014 mummies group as my EDD is 27 July.

For your info, the harmony test at Dr Ananda costs $1900. I didnt check out many places to compare the prices. I just knew that Gleneagles (where i see my gyae) costs $2100 and some hospitals cost $2400. So when i was making a decision at Dr Ananda's clinic, we just went ahead. Saves time to check with other places too. But since you know KKH is cheap, you can make alternative plans (if you want the test, otherwise just ignore)

Hope you have good results at Dr Ananda and my harmony test results will be fine!

Hi a_mummy,

Im at july 2014 grp. But not really active in the grp. : ) my EDD is 31 july. Is this your first pregnancy? ?

Can i say that u took genetic scan first before deciding to take harmony test?? U said your results by dr ananda is encouraging. So u request for harmony test or he suggested to u?

Frankly, I may need to do harmony test also as im 37 this yr and my first lost due to birth defects.

U should have a great cny and not to worry too much as your bb could feel so! ! Cheers! ! Happy new year.

Hi mumtobe0813,

Oh we are in the same group! I joined their facebook group but not very active too. I lost my first pregnancy through a miscarriage last year, so hopefully this time it will be ok.

I did an OSCAR test first but they failed to see bb's nasal bone. So even though i passed the blood test and NT, i m categorised as higher risk. So i went to Dr Ananda to do the genetic scan. All the organs are ok but he commented the nasal bone is a little short. So even though he told us everything should be fine till 22nd week detailed scan, we still prefer to have peace of mind by doing the harmony test. So you can say it is our own suggestion/preference.

Nothing to do with age, but my personal preference would still be to do the harmony test. As even if the organs are fine, there could still be a chance of DS babies that they happen to have perfect functioning organs. So I would still like to test the DNA chromosomes via harmony test.

Hi nitrodrops,

The offer applies on walk in preggie? ? Or we need doc reference letter? Cos my gynae is from tmc

Hi, sorry cannot answer your question. Becos both our IVF and gynae are in KKH.

Logically, should be able to get referral, why would KKH go against with $$$ right?

Best to ring up and ask.

We compared 2 clinics in TMC and 1 x clinic Paragon,, turned "ACJ Women's clinic, with Dr Jocelyn Wong" is the cheapest.

Luckily before going for Harmony, our KKH doctor told us available now in KKH.........easily save us $1K.......

Hi mumtobe0813,

Oh we are in the same group! I joined their facebook group but not very active too. I lost my first pregnancy through a miscarriage last year, so hopefully this time it will be ok.

I did an OSCAR test first but they failed to see bb's nasal bone. So even though i passed the blood test and NT, i m categorised as higher risk. So i went to Dr Ananda to do the genetic scan. All the organs are ok but he commented the nasal bone is a little short. So even though he told us everything should be fine till 22nd week detailed scan, we still prefer to have peace of mind by doing the harmony test. So you can say it is our own suggestion/preference.

Nothing to do with age, but my personal preference would still be to do the harmony test. As even if the organs are fine, there could still be a chance of DS babies that they happen to have perfect functioning organs. So I would still like to test the DNA chromosomes via harmony test.

Hi, Dr Sadhana (KKH) which my missus is seeing, explained

OSCAR covers 90%
Harmony cover 99%

Hi nitrodrops,

Thanks for the info. We also researched a lot since our Oscar test. Yes, it is about these ratios. Amnio is 99.8% (most accurate), but it is invasive with miscarriage risk, so we leave that to the very last option :)

Hi mumtobe0813, how is your scan with Dr Ananda? Is everything ok?

Hi a_mummy,

Thanks for your concern. My bb scan is normal. No markers found in every organ. After hearing prof Ananda consultation, hubby and I decided not to take harmony test. As this blood test is mainly to test down syndrome ONLY. Like autism problem cannot be detected. According to him, there is no reason for a bb to have down syndrome if the scan shown that normal facial feature eg. Normal length and angle of nasal bone. Distance of eyes ok. Usually down syndrome kid has facial defects also. Anyway he still leave the decision on us.

Anyway, how's abt u?? U got your results?

Accompany missus for Harmony test today @ KKH. Genealogist is very kind to explain based on our Oscar results, there isn't a need for Harmony test.

But still decided to put $1200 + $84 (GST) to get the extra 9% covered.

Hi mumtobe0813 can I know if u got ur results on the spot with Prof ananda? How long was the scan and consultation? What length of nasal bone is considered normal? I'm having an appt with him this coming Monday and I'm really nervous. ..

Hi mumtobe0813 can I know if u got ur results on the spot with Prof ananda? How long was the scan and consultation? What length of nasal bone is considered normal? I'm having an appt with him this coming Monday and I'm really nervous. ..

Hi Didy,

Yesh u can get the results thru his precision scan..unless u r doing blood test with him. I lost my first bb at week 16 due to alobar holoprosencephaly ( bb brain did not split to 2 hemisphere). I went to prof ananda. He is the one who advised me this prob actually can be detected as early as week 10 thru a vaginal scan. So this pregnancy journey, I skip oscar due to my age of 37. My ratio of result will be a borderline case. Therefore, I did my nt scan at week 11, genetic scan at week 15 and coming one detailed scan at week 21. All done by prf ananda. Regarding the nasal bone, I guess.there is no particular length as long as nasal bone be seen which meant your bb doesnt have cleft face. As my first bb has no nasal bone. The most impt measurement is the thickness of the liquid at the neck. Based on oscar chart of my age, my ratio is 1: 230. While after I went thru nt scan and genetic scan, my ratio has been adjusted to 1:1000 which equal to a preggy at age of 28.

Didy, u will be doing what type of scan with prof ananda? Which age grp u fall in? Your first appt with him. Dun worry ya. He is a fun loving doc. He will give u a peace of mind thru his consultation. Hope this can help u to ease your nervousness. Good luck

Hi mumtobe0813 I belong to the early 30s age group. by the time my edd, i will be 30 yrs and 23 months. I'm not sure what scan am I going with prof ananda, I just called his clinic after getting my oscar result of 1:438 because I want a second opinion. my NT measurement is 2.8mm was the main concern. My baby has nasal bone measuring 2.6mm. the assistant told me to go for the 14 week scan, which I guess is genetic scan? my appt is coming monday.. i'm really praying everything will be fine..

Hi mumtobe0813 I belong to the early 30s age group. by the time my edd, i will be 30 yrs and 23 months. I'm not sure what scan am I going with prof ananda, I just called his clinic after getting my oscar result of 1:438 because I want a second opinion. my NT measurement is 2.8mm was the main concern. My baby has nasal bone measuring 2.6mm. the assistant told me to go for the 14 week scan, which I guess is genetic scan? my appt is coming monday.. i'm really praying everything will be fine..

Hi Didy,

Yes u will be taking genetic scan. A scan to check your bb organs. Your bb nt measurements doesnt sound so bad to me. Not far behind from normal range.
My first bb was so bad till I couldnt accept. Nt=4.1mm with no nasal bone seen. As compared yours and my scary figures, I guess u will feel more relieved with yours right? Cheer up mummy Didy
Thanks god for my current bb is 1.5mm. Fyi, genetic scan can detect your bb gender. Dun worry.

Yes but u see... my baby nt measurement is almost twice of urs. 2.8vs 1.5. Sigh.

U did the measurement at week 12 during oscar. Nt will change accordingly as bb grows. And machine at hospital is not as advanced and accurate as prof ananda's machine. If sonographer mistook a few mm of the thickness. It will affect the ratio too. Therefore not to worry too much. Hace faith and think positively ok.

Hi a_mummy,

Thanks for your concern. My bb scan is normal. No markers found in every organ. After hearing prof Ananda consultation, hubby and I decided not to take harmony test. As this blood test is mainly to test down syndrome ONLY. Like autism problem cannot be detected. According to him, there is no reason for a bb to have down syndrome if the scan shown that normal facial feature eg. Normal length and angle of nasal bone. Distance of eyes ok. Usually down syndrome kid has facial defects also. Anyway he still leave the decision on us.

Anyway, how's abt u?? U got your results?

Hi mumtobe0813, I am very happy for you that you will have a healthy baby after the last experience. My harmony test results came back ok! It was a long torturous wait. For my case, all the organs scan by Prof Ananda was ok but he recorded "abnormal short nasal bone", so we just decided to be kiasu haha. That sense of relief when i got the results was so great and i can FINALLY enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

Are you having a boy or girl? I am having a girl, which was a nice surprise cos we kept thinking that we are having a boy (genes are stronger for boys for our families).

Hi Didy,
Even though your NT is not as favourable, but you sound like you cleared your blood test and nasal bone markers? From my endless reading of oscar cases (when i was worried), those cases that are bad will be failing almost all the markers. And a mummy commented somewhere that her NT result was not good, but it turned out that the sonographer/gyae mistook her pregnancy advancement. Her baby was bigger than her supposed no. of weeks. I am not trying to give you false hopes, but i totally understand the feeling of waiting for Dr Ananda's appt after my Oscar results and another wait of the harmony test results. Many pessimistic scenarios were on my mind too. Just do what you want to do. If surfing for related issues make you feel better, just do it. If going out to meet friends to talk about it makes you feel better, just do it.

Hi mumtobe0813, I am very happy for you that you will have a healthy baby after the last experience. My harmony test results came back ok! It was a long torturous wait. For my case, all the organs scan by Prof Ananda was ok but he recorded "abnormal short nasal bone", so we just decided to be kiasu haha. That sense of relief when i got the results was so great and i can FINALLY enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

Are you having a boy or girl? I am having a girl, which was a nice surprise cos we kept thinking that we are having a boy (genes are stronger for boys for our families).

Hi a_mummy,

Congratulations! What a great news received from u! Now I understand why u need to take harmony test. I think there is a need for u to do esp as parents we won't feel good when bb test report written any parts of body as abnormal. Anyway what a relief yaaa..happy for u too!! So r u doing week 21 detailed scan with prof ananda. For me I will do week 21 detailed scan with prof ananda. As I feel more comfortable with his high precision machine.

Gender of my bb? During my genetic scan, Prof ananda chatted with me on bb gender. I told him I will choose bb health as first priority. He prompted me again if i were to choose gender. Which I prefer. I told him a gal. He paused me with an OPSSSS while he was doing scan. I got shocked by his ops!! Actually he told me he saw 'something' sticking out. Hahahah. A_mummy u know what I meant right. Haha.

Hi a_mummy,

Congratulations! What a great news received from u! Now I understand why u need to take harmony test. I think there is a need for u to do esp as parents we won't feel good when bb test report written any parts of body as abnormal. Anyway what a relief yaaa..happy for u too!! So r u doing week 21 detailed scan with prof ananda. For me I will do week 21 detailed scan with prof ananda. As I feel more comfortable with his high precision machine.

Gender of my bb? During my genetic scan, Prof ananda chatted with me on bb gender. I told him I will choose bb health as first priority. He prompted me again if i were to choose gender. Which I prefer. I told him a gal. He paused me with an OPSSSS while he was doing scan. I got shocked by his ops!! Actually he told me he saw 'something' sticking out. Hahahah. A_mummy u know what I meant right. Haha.

Hi mumtobe0813,
I gathered that my bb has my short mini nose haha.. Yes i will be doing the week 21 detailed scan with Dr Ananda. My gyae normally outsource the detailed scan anyway, so i might as well do it with a familiar doc.

Dr Ananda is very cheeky haha. We didnt notice what part he was scanning and he said so remember to ask your daughter to take the school bus and not send her to school yourself next time (to let your children be independent etc). I was so blur and i asked him but i dont have any daughter, this is our first child.. haha. Then it registered that he meant the one in my tummy, cos we were so sure it would be a boy haha. My in laws are very excited cos they do not have any gal in the family for 2 generations haha.

Are you going for any baby fairs? It is so mind boggling that i duno where to start.. there s so many fairs and so many items and so many people!

Hi mumtobe0813,
I gathered that my bb has my short mini nose haha.. Yes i will be doing the week 21 detailed scan with Dr Ananda. My gyae normally outsource the detailed scan anyway, so i might as well do it with a familiar doc.

Dr Ananda is very cheeky haha. We didnt notice what part he was scanning and he said so remember to ask your daughter to take the school bus and not send her to school yourself next time (to let your children be independent etc). I was so blur and i asked him but i dont have any daughter, this is our first child.. haha. Then it registered that he meant the one in my tummy, cos we were so sure it would be a boy haha. My in laws are very excited cos they do not have any gal in the family for 2 generations haha.

Are you going for any baby fairs? It is so mind boggling that i duno where to start.. there s so many fairs and so many items and so many people!

U r right!! He is very cheeky prof. Kept joking ard when he was doing the scan.

Well, I dun think I will go baby fairs. As I bought quite alot of stuffs for my first one. I still kept them. And my sis in law gave to a boy last may. And i dun mind taking old clothings. As old pple said it is better for bb to wear old clothings. Hahaa

Last yr I went there ard 11am plus. Pple were start queuing. Anyway pls be prepared baby fair is rather crowded. But u will feel funny as all women ard u with bb bumps!! Seem like a mass preggy gathering. Hahaa

To prevent overbuying, maybe u can go there to get more brochures and think what r the things needed. I find pricing is not much diff. Unless u wanna sign up cord life or spa package. They might have more freebies. Anyway happy shopping a mummy

How short is considered short nasal bone? I have tried surfing around but can't seem to find what length is considered normal length for nasal bone?

I just did the genetic scan with Prof ananda today. He found no abnormalities with my baby and the NT he measured was 2.4 which he said was normal. My risk has reduced from 1:438 to 1:1019. So we decided not to proceed any further test. And also he told me my baby is a girl!

I just did the genetic scan with Prof ananda today. He found no abnormalities with my baby and the NT he measured was 2.4 which he said was normal. My risk has reduced from 1:438 to 1:1019. So we decided not to proceed any further test. And also he told me my baby is a girl!

Hi Didy, congrats! I am so glad for you too. Hi-5 on the girl :)

Hi,
I was with prof Ananda for my genetic scans after my failed oscars last year. He is excellent and good in this... But i also did harmony test as well to play safe. It was worth it cos i was able to enjoy my pregnancy after all the test results shown negative..

Hi any mummies can share more regarding the genetic scan at Pro Anada n the cost? At which weeks is it suppose to be scan ? Thanks

Hi mommies, so for your NT scan and detailed scan, instead of going with your usual provider at your obgyn's, you go to Prof Ananda instead? He only does scans?

Hi mommies, so for your NT scan and detailed scan, instead of going with your usual provider at your obgyn's, you go to Prof Ananda instead? He only does scans?

Hi happysadsillymad,

U r right! I did all my scans with dr ananda. Week 11 nt scan (for me, he checked my baby neck fluid thickness and also his brain in order to exclude any brain deformed) week 14 genetic scan ( to see bb organs ) and I did my week 21 detailed scan with dr ananda. I feel more comfortable with all his scans as he will give u alot of assurance on bb health.

Hi happysadsillymad,

U r right! I did all my scans with dr ananda. Week 11 nt scan (for me, he checked my baby neck fluid thickness and also his brain in order to exclude any brain deformed) week 14 genetic scan ( to see bb organs ) and I did my week 21 detailed scan with dr ananda. I feel more comfortable with all his scans as he will give u alot of assurance on bb health.

Thks mumtobe0813 for yr reply!
At which scan will he chk for baby features too? Wk 14 or wk 11? Can u kindly share the costs for the scan? Did u hv to relay ur scan results to yr usual obgyn? May I know who yr usual obgyn is?
Thks!!

Thks mumtobe0813 for yr reply!
At which scan will he chk for baby features too? Wk 14 or wk 11? Can u kindly share the costs for the scan? Did u hv to relay ur scan results to yr usual obgyn? May I know who yr usual obgyn is?
Thks!!

Hihi

R u refering to baby facial feature?? During week 14 and week 21, dr ananda will perform the facial feature measurement in terms of distance between eyes, ears, mouth and nasal length and nasal angle. Cos this will determine bb has any down syndrome facial feature. All these based on 2d scan.

Cost wise

Week 11 nt scan-350 wo bloodtest
Week14 genectic scan -450
Week 21 detailed scan- 450

The reports consist ard 30 to 40 images which burn in dvd.

Oh yaa in case u r interested in harmony test, dr ananda told me the price has reduced from 1.8k to 1.5k. Anyway I didnt opt for harmony test.

Yes I did relay all my scans results to my gynae if u nv opt any scan offered by your gynae. For me, I wont go back to Thomson xray dept as I find that the machine is not so precision as dr ananda and the results r so brief. I had bad experience with those sonographer. And I wont get any explanation from them until I see my gynae unlike dr ananda. He will explain his everything in details on the spot!! Fyi im seeing dr loh seong feei from tmc

Hope all these info help u. Take care

I agree with mumtobe0813. I also saw Dr ananda for 14 week scan. My coming 21 week scan will also be with him. Will not go back to tmc scanning dept again tho I will be delivering at tmc. Dr ananda is just much better and I get my diagnosis on the spot. After my scan I bring the results back to my Gynae to discuss.

Back