GOOD MAID AGENCY

Hi Mummies

The contents i'm going to post is not related to maid agencies but to alert mummies out there not to employ this ex-maid of mine, MA RHODA A GAVARAN, 39 yrs old, single, stubborn and a TALK BACK MACHINE, who had runaway twice from my house.

She ran away on 1st April 2012 (alone) and when agency called me, i take pity on her and i let her come back cos she told me she was really confused at that time thus did this "STUPID" thing. But this happened again in July 2012 and she brought my new maid to run away with her. I'm really pissed off this time and I repatriate her immediately.

Recall back, i really don't know why i can tolerate with her weird temper. She's not one who will carry out instructions. Don't know how to plan her work and always need my 2nd maid to help her. When she did something wrong and we queried her, she'll take back to you (ti ki) and never apologies at all.

To be frank, we are happier without her. Really a blessing that we repatriate her
happy.gif

7663872.jpg

Yes, totally agreed with those who condemned United Home.
I've faced the same problem too...have to keep on calling my agent in order to get the status of the maid I'm getting.
There was once which I need to wait for almost 3 months to get a phillipino maid. In the end, was told that the maid I'm getting cannot be found because of flood and earthquake in Phillipines! And they don't even bother to call you, you have to keep calling them...damn pissed off with these people!
So pls beware if you are getting maids from them.

Lol. My incident is, I request for a maid to come before my due date in the end they say the maid reach sg. BUT medical check up saying she gt a disease. It's like wth?! Indonesia chk up no disease. At sg chk den suddenly gt disease. They Have FULL of excuses to delay. Just to advice whoever that wants to engage UNITED HOME. engage them at your own risk. Haha.

Hi mums, I can only say MOM has ensured that the maids are all very well taken care of, so much so that employers are on the losing end. My current maid is an experienced filipino maid, has two off days a month, who thinks she is the "best maid" in the world! She told my daughter that I can have her changed and get a "stupid maid" to work for me! She goes round comparing with her stupid nieces and friends about pay, off days, angmoh employers, and lots of rubbish. I had been so accommodating of her nonsense for the sake of my darling kids. And now she tells my kid that "actually she should have off day every week starting next year January, and she could have gone to MOM to complain about us, but she is sooo nice that she did not!!!!????" And if u corrected her at times, she will give me a stupid long black face!!! Them she keeps saying she could have gone to work for angmoh, but since she agreed to work for us first, no choice. She was recommended by my someone whom she used to work for, but this person said she was not like this in the past, and was pissed off with her current behavior as well!

Hi Missy13

I'd advise you to change ur maid if you have the time to teach new maids.

I really can't tolerate maids with such attitude. Want to work for angmohs rite, good... repatriate her back to her home town, let her pay agency fees and come again.

MAIDS better keep this clear in their brain "Employers are the one to decide whether to let them transfer anot. Its not the agency or their decision. After all, we are the one who sign either the TRANSFER FORM or REPATRIATE FORM."

So what's there to yaya abt their so call 'experience'???

Pls do not go to Universal maid agency!!. They are only good in getting you to pay for a maid. Their fees are exorbitant. I paid SGD1600 fees for a Fhililino maid. And when I need some follow up service from them, they give you extremely CRAP follow up service but yet charge sky high prices!!! I hv to call them several times a day but yet, no one replied! !!

For those who are looking for alternatives to maids to take care of their infant/toddler/children, you might want to consider getting a Malaysian live-in nanny.

It's more pricy than a maid but it offers peace of mind and an experienced pair of hands to take care of your beloved children plus good/nutritious home cooked food for them.

www.auntynanny.com

Budget Maid agency do not want to refund my agency fee.

Please help me...

This is my statement.

We paid $1288 for the agency fee for a Indonesia transfer maid.

so medical check up, air ticket etc (which are inclusive under the agency fee is not entitle to this transfer maid at all because she is already here & yet we are paying this amount) - she said is the same agency amount..no less..

+ $246 (insurance coverage) + $60 documentation fee.

Total we paid: $1594

First interview face to face at the presence of the agent - No off day as I compensate her & agreed no Hp.

2nd interview ask again the same issue....

few days after... we went to make the payment & agency process the application etc..

3rd time is the day I fetch her home which is on last Mon 08 April 2013

Asked the same thing again, no off day & no hp, she ok. She agreed.

On Tuesday, she declared she has another extra hp, black berry which she did not declare to agency. She requested to use hp. I said no. You agreed in the first place I employed you.

On Wednesday mid morning she requested off day & hp again.

then I asked her do you wish to work at my place?

she said no if I don't give her use hp or off day..

No point I keeping her, she should have state her wants initially so I will not consider getting her at all.

Ok, fine. I called the agency & send her back on that wed morning...

I asked for full refund on my agency fee, the lady said will check with her boss but was declined..

if the maid work for me at least 6 months and give me this issue. I will let go my agency fee but this maid was at my place for 2 days+ only...

This is not my fault........ agency is the middle man who handle her & I paid the agency so much just because things was agreed initially.

I really feel we have the right to ask for this refund, it is so unreasonable...

And now she said will hold my agency fee for 6 months & ask me to look through Bio data for another maid.

Yesterday went down to the agency again, fresh indo maid..

she said this one have to upfront $2880 (salary) + 246 (insurance) + 110 (mom class fees)

+ 60 (documentation fees)

Total: $3,256.00

Asking us to get another replacement fresh maid and pay so much again?

which means if we get another maid from them, we have to pay total $4,850.00 for a maid???

What if this one cannot make it again? Then another replacement again.. then keep paying again? (for the $110 (MOM), $246 (insurance) $60 documentation fees.. she said the upfront loan can be refund but who knows again how long?

I really feel it is another risk again..

I just want a full refund of the agency fee & pro-rate of whatever balance of the insurance..

Reason of getting a helper: I have 2 kids, age 6 & 4 and pregnant going to due in June so I need help with the chores & take care of the kids at times..

Now having an eye fracture, going for a surgery this Friday. We are having tough period now.. and this maid / agency really give us a headache now..

What shall I do for my situation?

Anyone please kindly advise & help me...

Hi Fayina,
According to the MOM website:
For Disputes with your employment agency:

If you have found your agency's service unsatisfactory, or if you have a contractual dispute with your employment agency, you may seek mediation services from one of two accreditation bodies in Singapore, the Association of Employment Agencies, and CaseTrust. Complete and send the following form (mailing address inside) to MOM:
http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/services-forms/Employment%20Agencies/Feedback%20on%20Employment%20Agency.pdf
to feedback on employment agency.

Issues for which you can seek assistance include:
1.Delay in application/ cancellation/ placement of Foreign Workers
2. Overcharging
3. Refund of loan and fees
4 Unsatisfactory level of services provided

If your employment agency is not accredited with any accreditation body, you may approach CASE for assistance to resolve your disputes. Case's Consumer Hotline is 6100 0315. Hotline hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat 9am-12pm.

Contact details of the accreditation bodies:
1) Association of Employment Agencies (Singapore)

Contact Details: +65 6836 2618
Email: [email protected]
Address: Blk 9 Julan Kukoh #03-77 Singapore 160009

2) CaseTrust

Contact Details: +65 6461 1800
Email: [email protected]
Address: Blk 170 Ghim Moh Road #05-01 Ulu Pandan Community Building Singapore 279621

All the above are from MOM's website. Hope this helps.

I'm looking for a maid. newborn on the way. one local Chinese couple. no aged parents at home.

I don't mind transfer maid.

PM me

i tried several agency before .. non of them is good when it comes to maid problem ..

such as when they steal .. etc..

can try those agency with CASE trust logo . i got mine recent from them ..

Hi ladies. Anyone with experience with JLK Employment services? We just spoke to a Myanmar maid in her myanmar centre...first time maid, she speaks fair english, no off day and no hp @ $480 per month. I know its higher than the usual first time myanmar maids, but is it a rip off? Appreciate your inputs ...

Hi all, I got a maid from trust manpower who has since been working in my family for 7 months. She is really hardworking and polite and i must say i am really impressed by her work rate and attitude so far. All the maids are handpicked by the manager of the company, Fabian Ong, who is really experienced in the field. I will highly recommend this maid agency.

Contact number: 65341488

Hi Yasmin,

The market rate for new Myanmar maid is around $400-$450 per month plus compensation of $70 for no off days = $470-$520 per month.

You may check with other maid agencies and compare.

All the best in your maid search.

According to nation,

Mymmar maid salary ; 420 to 430 and need to give off day, if no off day, plus another 69

Agent fee - 688 with 1 replacement

I changed my maid agency to the current one.
She does not a a big days of maids as she's choose maids. All the maids who reach sg will be at her house training for a week. She works from home. Very nice lady. my current maid w me 9 months when problems arise, she will mediate n nvr scold maid.

If u need her contact, WhatsApp me at 97919279.

People please don't approach A. Pratama Maid Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre which is run by Desmond Phoon. Their services are really bad. If you have any issues with maids, they will side with the maids.

Please do not go to Far East Employment at Bt Timah Shopping Centre. They have another branch in the same building call Nanyang. Although the agency fee is low, $128, they have a lot of hidden costs esp. replacement fee even though it said it is free unlimited replacement. Very poor after sales service. The boss's sister is the manager of the outlet and she even gave wrong advice regarding my ex-Filipino's maid home leave. It is obvious she is not well versed with Philippine's procedures. I spoke to Philippine Embassy's staff and found out that Far East is not accredited with the embassy, meaning, they do not meet the embassy's standard. Recently I check the agency's record on MOM website, apparently Far East has 8 demerit points! If I had known earlier, I would not have use them.

It is the 2nd agency I dealt with. Initially I thought the previous agency, SLF, I used is bad enough. Far East is worse.

Hi Fayina,
sorry to say, that is nothing you can do. I faced a similar situation like yours just a month ago....

had a phone interview with the maid together with the agent and agree upfront no hp.... the maid agreed and said she will not bring... actually she is a tansfer maid worked 2 yrs went back 1 month then come back to spore.... acording to agent is very good....

then came to my hse... got hp asked her why she said agent allowed.... so we called up agent, agent said ya no choice she already bring to spore... and even lecture me... said now we are in a technology era... now maids are not like last time so obedient... some time things must give and take.... so what is this attitude? then worked abt 1 week claimed she want to go out but i told her... you have not worked 1 month so you do not have $ how to go out? Because she owes agent $1000 so 1st month deduct $400.. subsequent months $200 for another 3 months so in total deduct for 4 months then she said she want to borrow from me... but i rejected her... she not happy but i dont care.... then on the 4th week she said she wants to go out... ok lor... anyway she is entitled for 1 off day a month.... so the day b4 asked her what time she going out and coming back... she replied me from 8am to 6pm... so i said ok so come back b4 6pm... then she raised her voice at me and said no... the agent said i can go from 8-6... got so angry called the agent and asked why is he dictating the time for my maid off day... then my maid very angry said why i go and confront the agent... then she start to cry and said she dont want to work for me already.... so i called the agent for replacement and like you i have to bear all the documentation, insurance and etc costs.... so what is this? no refund for this maid.... and we have to bear new cost again....

very good $ for agent... think they like it best if maid want to transfer.... more sales revenue for the agent.... employer have to pay.... maid also have to pay....

later check with MOM, very troublesome procedure to lodge complaint and even checked with lawyer friend..... its a hassle.....

Hi mummies,

Just a heads up. I have checked with many agencies and did my research with the Indonesian and
Philippines embassies. I realise that there are many unethical maid agencies which charge very low agency fees. However, many of such agencies have a lot of hidden cost and some of them might not even be accredited with the embassies.

Moreover, some agencies might even charge extra loan to the poor maid in a bid to lower their maid agency fee. This may look very attractive to the employers but mind you, the poor maid might have to work up to 10 months without pay!

I believe such unethical business strategy is what is causing the poor quality of maid who are not motivated to work.

Please check the latest MOM guidelines before you choose a maid in order to be very safe.

hi meira,. thanks for your recommendation. i went to meet Yohana at katong shopping center. She very good in handling maid. I am very happy with my current maid now. I've been to a lot maid agency at bukit timah. all of them have very bad service unlike her service. I can reach her anytime I need her. and very careful to select maid for my family. She give very good briefing to my new maid how to work for my family
My new maid work well, she follow my instruction. I love to talk to yohana. She really overcome my fear toward maid and maid agency.

Hi all
Can people advise about maid agencies?
EK maid
Raffles
Prestige
Inter-mares
Skills and resource
121 personnel
Trinity
Great helpers
Unity
Thank you

hi meira,. thanks for your recommendation. i went to meet Yohana at katong shopping center. She very good in handling maid. I am very happy with my current maid now. I've been to a lot maid agency at bukit timah. all of them have very bad service unlike her service. I can reach her anytime I need her. and very careful to select maid for my family. She give very good briefing to my new maid how to work for my family
My new maid work well, she follow my instruction. I love to talk to yohana. She really overcome my fear toward maid and maid agency.

How is your experience with the maid hired via Yohana, 21st Century? How long has the maid worked for you, & is her performance on track? Thanks!

Recommend http://www.bestmaidemployment.com/. Look for Iza

So far, after so MANY agencies this is the only pro-employer agency I've came across.

Recently have some issues (traumatic ones involving accident) with my new Myanmar and it was resolved very efficiently.

They know the pain of the employers and will help us all the way.

I would highly recommend Trust Manpower maid agency . After trying out many maids from various maid agencies, the maid whom I have gotten from Trust is by far the best.

If you are in the same situation as I was ( trying out different maids from various agencies to no avail) why not try Trust. I was recommended to this agency by my sister.

www.Trustmanpowerresource.com

Hello friends,
If you're looking for a professional licensed employment consultancy that is dedicated to provide honest and quality services to clients, I recommend this.

http://imtidad.com.sg/

I've had good feedback with them so I don't mind sharing this with others looking for good services. They're on facebook too so feel free to check them out.

i agree to a certain extent is luck but if u get a lousy agent that lies to you then is no longer just luck.
my gf went to a cheap agency thinking she wanted to save money but in the end she spent alot more coz keep getting lousy maids and she had to pay replacement fees and disrupted her family life so she finally gave up and went to a proper accredited agency Faith Employment and finally her maid nightmare ended. she got a really good maid fr Faith Employement and so i also went there. And thankfuly my helper is also really good. Faith is not those cheap agency but monica gave me very good service and a good maid so im happy.
Alot of cheap agencies side the maid bcoz the maid is the client not us. we pay them peanuts but the maid comes in with 8 mths loan which is alot of money they earn from the maid so they will sayang the maid.

Alot of cheap agencies side the maid bcoz the maid is the client not us. we pay them peanuts but the maid comes in with 8 mths loan which is alot of money they earn from the maid so they will sayang the maid.
quite true... singapore maids is consider lowly maid.. so they only want to gain experience in singapore, then after few years they would go to HK or taiwan to work.. so mostly good ones cant find in singapore

Actually, what is stopping employers from terminating the work permit and sending them back to their own country if they had finished their loan?
This is so as to discourage them from anyhow transferring. If the maid is generally ok but wants a transfer, so be it. But if a maid is bad, why transfer her when she knows that with each transfer, she earns more, demand more, has receding attitude
Actually can send back but think of the agency fees how much we already paid

Yes, I do agreed hiring a good maid is purely by luck. Having looking around sourcing for a maid, I realized that even though we pay higher fees to those well-established maid agency, it doesn't mean that we will get a good maid from them too

any needs a reliable maid agency to recommend can sms 87174414. (I not maid agency, just helping a maid agency whom i took before. mention can give discount to my frds if i refer her agency)

I would highly recommend Trust Manpower maid agency . After trying out many maids from various maid agencies, the maid whom I have gotten from Trust is by far the best.

If you are in the same situation as I was ( trying out different maids from various agencies to no avail) why not try Trust. I was recommended to this agency by my sister.

www.Trustmanpowerresource.com

I also got my maid from Trust Manpower Resource at Fook Hai Building. Highly recommended to all. Maid has been working for me for 1 year and she can speak fluent english, cook and most importantly take care of my baby. Anyway, David, their website has changed. The link doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Union United Employment Ltd, at Katong
Don't expect any follow up support service after getting your maid from this agency. Upfront sales tactics is top notch, but once you have any issues with their maid, they simply ignore you and let you handle any problems on your own. Zero support.. had bad experience with Bernard from Katong Branch.. No action, Talk only... Beware and stay away from this agency...

Union United Employment Ltd, at Katong
Don't expect any follow up support service after getting your maid from this agency. Upfront sales tactics is top notch, but once you have any issues with their maid, they simply ignore you and let you handle any problems on your own. Zero support.. had bad experience with Bernard from Katong Branch.. No action, Talk only... Beware and stay away from this agency...
Hi Claire,

Do you mind to share more about this maid agency as I am planning to get maid from them.

Hi may I know yours is mynamar maid? I m looking for one to look after elderly. How is their fees and the loan. Please let me know cause I also go there to source. Thank you.

Hi may I know yours is mynamar maid? I m looking for one to look after elderly. How is their fees and the loan. Please let me know cause I also go there to source. Thank you.
Mymumar maids are very stubborn n self centered,think twice.....

Back