Good confinement nanny to recommend!

aileen35

I would like to share with you on my wonderful and memorable exeperience I have had with Auntie Lian. She was supposed to be with me in early July'09. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to deliver 1 week earlier and by God's grace, Auntie Lian came to my rescue esp for a first time mum.

Although Auntie Lian's work scope was to take care of my little one and to cook special post-natal meals for me, she often went beyond the call of duty and proactively assisted with the household chores. Not only does she have great skill in handling my daughter, Auntie Lian's excellent in her cooking as well; she surprises my hubby and I everyday with fantastic dishes.

The greatest bonus of having Auntie Lian during my confinement was the numerous tips she gave on baby care. Till today, I'm still seeking her advice whenever in doubt thru smses & calls =) She's indeed a god-sent.

You can find out more about Auntie Lian via her website www.mimichalian.blogspot.com. She's also contactable at the following numbers:

1) Malaysia mobile: +60122568732

2) Singapore Mobile: (+65)84389919

3) Singapore Mobile: (+65)81599238

P.S: Auntie Lian speaks English, Mandarin, Malay, Hakka, Cantonese and Hokkien.

I would like to recommend my Confinement Lady, Siew Zhen.

She did confinement for me in 2007 and is currently doing for me now for my 2nd delivery.

She's energetic and experienced, having been in this line for 7yrs, cooks well and is able to handle my baby and my toddler well. Best of all, she doesn't keep nagging me on the dos and don'ts of confinement and is also experienced enough to advise me a bit on breastfeeding.

Her contacts:

92440112 (Singapore Hdp)

019-7733251 (M'sian Hdp)

012-7393588 (M'sian Hdp)

Do contact her if you are interested to engage her services.

Looking for Daytime / non-stay over confinement nanny willing to travel to Aljunied area.

My EDD is Jan 2010 but no need nanny for CNY period as hubby will be helping out.. so should only be about 3 weeks.

Anyone can recommend please PM me?

no hard feelings, a man med can be another mans poison.

Same as per you, i was recommend by my fren of how good Auntie Lian is which i myself had approach her during my 1st baby and was somehow ask with lots of irrelevant question if i am staying in a landed property?, Do i have i have maids? Is this my first baby? and etc....

It didn't really came to my mind what all these question might lead to after when i mention that i am not living in a landed property, no maids, first baby and staying with in-laws. I was turn down without even telling her when is my ETD date! Somehow i was referred with another nanny whom she proclaim as her relative who has years of experiences. being new & without much thoug, she took my number & was referred to another nanny who called me shortly & without much hastatation, i booked her which she did came on my first day of my confinement. She did reveal that Auntie Lian is no relative of her which she is being charge like a recommended agent fee for every service being referred. Feeling very cheated but without much strength & exhaustion, that was put at the back of my mind. Eventually the nanny was a green horn who is very rough in handling my baby & when my baby vomited during his sleep, the nanny does not even bother to change the wet cloths & still claim that is it okie to leave it in that manner, Cos it gonna be dry anyway! She does not even knw how to process the fish maw. Worse cames when she give her own concoction for my baby who had jaundices. That was the last draw that really freak me out when i sack her after 3 days.

All these famous nanny are always picky in choosing their clientele & will only work for those that are rich or with helper where they are being ease with lesser workload. Worse where they recommended anyone who they claim to be their relative and in actual fact they take a cut in the profit for any recommendation. I somehow feel that it is not very ethical and especially straining for mummies who jus gave birth.

Now preggy with my second baby, i am very hesitant & in a dilemma to consider a nanny again or to order tingkat..

Sounds bad!

I was lucky to get Siew Zhen. For my first baby, I also green horn, called many ppl but all not available. So I signed up with an agency who cannot give me a confirm CL. Siew Zhen was a friend of the agency boss, so did the confinement as a favour to the boss.

Sometimes it depends on your luck I guess. I felt I was lucky to get a good CL. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Would like to warn everyone of this confinement lady known as Ah Xiang from Malaysia, KL (HP: 60163822273).

(sorry for the long winded post) My situation as follows: I gave birth on this new year and informed this CL known as Ah Xiang (Freelance - $2000) that i would need her to come down to my place on the 17th Feb. She then told me that there are no land transport and need to fly over. As such, i have no choice but to pay for her air flight. She requested for big ang pow as it was CNY, as such i decided to give her $200 ang pow upon her arrival. When she started work, she claim to me that she is very sought after and that she has even traveled to overseas such as London, Japan and etc to work as a CL. After hearing all these, i myself feel impressed with her resume.

However little did i realize that she is actually a very lazy and stubborn person. When she cook, she just cook simple confinement food without cooking separately for my husband and expect my husband to eat the confinement food with me which can be very heaty. she just do simple mopping in my kitchen occasionally and does not even bother to clean our toilets including the common toilet that she has been using. Most of the time, she will just sit down on my sofa and watch TV. Sometimes when i am watching my own TV programme, she would request me to change to her favourite channel instead!

Then after the third day, she started coughing and claim that it must be my husband who spread her the coughing after she heard from my husband that he just recovered from a cough recently. When i asked her to wear a mask, she show me the super black face and dun care attitude. As such, i decided to look after the baby on our own instead of depending on her. She would also often touch my newborn baby head even after repeated telling of her not to do so as my baby head skull is still soft.

On the 10th day, she suddenly claim she is not feeling very well and will stop work immediately and go back home. She demanded my husband to pay her half a month salary and a big ang pow. After negotiation, we decided to give her 10 days of working salary plus a $10 ang pow given that she has not really done anything much and leave us stranded without a CL out of the blue. She took our money without hesitation and still has the cheek to complain that she has never ever seen such a small ang pow in her life.

After she left, i realized that she has taken expensive medical herbs from us and even our blanket provided to her. Sigh....Luckily, i have my mother to help me out otherwise my husband and i would not know what to do.

hi Queensway,

i had similar exp as u when i called up a malaysian CL recomm by a fren... the phone conversation was overall ok but i also find it weird that she asked what kind of housing im staying... and i tot i sensed a tinge of disappointment when i told her i stay in HDB and she said "oh?... i tot u staying in landed property..." i find it weird that she asked such an irrelevant qn... i mean what does the kind of place i stay in gotta do with her service???? is there some link that i dunno???

Hi gingerbreadhouse

those so-call famous CL will usually hunt for the riches of the riches to work cos most would have a maid where they are being ease off with chores. When they serve them well, of cos they are being recommended to the riches again where their ang pao will definitely be BIGGER! pls beware of these so call famous fellow, interview them rather then the other way round, we are the one who suffer in the end.....

Hi Queensway

I have called Aunty lian before and was referred to her fren called Su Zhen instead. I also had the impression that she sounded more like an agent rather than a confinement lady and asked me to deposit 300 to her account. I am abit wary and hearing your story, i am quite convinced my wariness is right.

Hi mummies,

my mum is a cl with ard 18 years experience in this line, who works in Singapore most of the time although we r Malaysian. If u r interested to engage her service or just to know more, pls feel free to email me at [email protected]. My mum can meet up wit u personally for more details! No obligation..

Cheers,

Peggy

Hi all mummies,

My Confinement lady Auntie Lian, is very experience with newborn, a superb cook and she keeps my whole house clean & tidy. Most of all

she does not give us any problems as she is very positive and loves our baby.

Both of my cousins engaged her for their first born and we shares the same sediments.

You can contact her @ 84389919 (SG)/ +60122568732 (MY)/ [email protected]/ www.mimichanlian.blogspot.com

Mommies out there....

this morning ive received a phone call frm my confinement nanny that she cant help me to do as one of her family member have stroke.But im due anytime...I need to find a confinement nanny asap as my mother in law n my mum does not knw how to do...im at total lost..Anyone have any suggestions??? thanks..

Call hp: 98476976 for Auty Choo.

She a very experience CF lady & a great cook.

Hi,

I am on my 3rd wk confinement period now. My CL is very good. Highly recommended. She helps us to do house work & not calculative like other CL. Basically she cant sit down doing nothing. She is from Tanjung Pinang (Indonesian Chinese)

Please PM me if you are keen.

Cheers.

Hi

I thought i share this ...

I just finished my confiment and had a very good confirment lady (Aunty Yue Fen).

I even extended her for 2 more weeks.

This is my second child, my first child i engaged a CFL as well but it was a terrible experience. Hence, this time i was also skeptical when i was recommended to this CF aunty.

So i was extremely glad that i had this aunty this time round.

She has many years of experience, very patient and loving with my daughter. First few days she is with me, she takes the time to observe my daughter to see how she can best take care of her, and she learns very fast. She cooks very yummy food (my first confirment i had horrible food and i didnt know confirment food can actually taste nice ...) and most important my family all like her very much and she is hygenic!

She has a very pleasent character, very helpful and responsible. when looking after baby, she doesnt on her hp or pick her hp so that she wont be distracted.

If any one is interested you can contact her at 65 8375 6048 (SG) or her house at 0207-6522606 (MSA). (but as i say if she is looking after baby her hp might be off or she doesnt pick up, so you might want to leave a message instead so that she can revert)

Cheers!

Hi,

I had a Stay-In Msia CF lady to highly recommend.

She is very honest, flexible, friendly, great CF cook, ard early 50 yrs old, got more than 10yrs experience.

She is very good at handling with newborn baby. She is capable at burping my baby in less than a second. She also knows why the baby cried everytime. I am still trying to learn from her.

She can be contact at

HP: 81535205(S'pore line) / +60167209255(Msia line)

NAME: Auntie Chong

Note: She is very popular so MUST book her in advance with deposit.

Hi to all mothers out there who is looking for a good confinement lady. Lan Jie was with us for 2 months and I will highly recommend her to anyone who needs someone to look after the baby day and night, cooks nice confinement food and soup to maintain supply of breastmilk, and at the same time do all the housework.

She left us yesterday for another assignment and we are already feeling the loss. End of uninterrupted sleep in the night for my husband now and no one to bottle feed baby at night.

This is what she does on a daily basis. She usually wakes up at 7am, starts to prepare the soup of the day, cleaning up the house, and making red date tea. Depending on what u asked for, breakfast will be placed at the table when u wakes up, for me will be 2 hard boiled egg and chicken essence and occasionally mee suah w meat. After that, she will bathe the baby, play with him and feed him if needed. Subsequently, she will start to prepare lunch for the family. Dinner will also be served, usually 2 dish and one soup. During the night, she will ask if I will want to latch on the baby or bottle feed him, and of course the latter will be done by her while i will take a breather to express my breastmilk. As for my husband, it's honeymoon period for him as he will not need to wake up in the middle of the night to feed him while i express milk.

She bonds very well with the baby and look after him like her own. And she actually cried before she left us and we were all feeling very emotional. I must say unknowingly she has become part of the family and thinking of which we have taken her for granted when she was around and life have been so much easier for us.

She was such a great cook, especially her fried chicken i must say is better than KFC and my husband loves it! As i'm not into traditional confinement food, she will cater the menu based on my preference, i.e. steam fish, vegetable, chicken, and most importantly fish and payaya soup which have been helping me maintain my breast milk supply. Everyday i will get 2-3 serving of soup, day and night will be different.

She works independently and will proactively help with housework without you asking. She is very dependable and responsible. If she promise to take up your assignment, she will definitely turn up and without you having to place a deposit. We had initially wanted to extend her for the third month but due to prior engagement, she has to turn us down.

I guess we were really lucky to have her with us and it's really through twisted fate that we end up with her as we had previously place a deposit for another confinement lady called Liqing who took out deposit but in the end she recommended someone else to replace her. She was also recommended by the forum and seems like others have similar experience with her. So it's really a blessing in disguise.

So if you will like to book her service, please contact Lan Jie directly at 8367 8380 or msia number at +60173930801. She is currently in SG and i think she's booked till March. We might also ask her back to work in Jan when we hire a new helper to train her.

And trust me, initially i refused to get a confinement lady as i think we can manage ownselves and it's not convenient to have a stranger staying with us but my husband insist on having one. Guess he kinda pre-empted that I will not be able to manage and for this time, I must say it was the right decision to make.

I guess this is the least we can do for her, to advertise her service in return for being such a great help. We will really miss her and hope she will also get good assignments with great families to work with.

Cheers!

Please ignore all my comments stated above as I was pestered to write it during my 2nd week of confinement. Personally, I don't recommend Auntie Chong after 28days of confinement period.

hi koalarie,

when are you due? yes, most confinement nannies are booked until august 2012. sept onwards will have more available.

is this your first baby?

there are some CL still available but you have to know who to ask, i guess...

this year being the dragon year, their rated have all gone up too

Hi Angel,

Replied in the other thread. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

This is my second child. But my first confinement nanny is no longer in this line. She is now a wonderful grandmother to 3 of her grandchildren. I should have tried for second child earlier.

Any case, it is by God's grace that I have this confinement nanny agency helping me now. Hopefully she recommends me good CL to help. Else, I got to cope with newborn, new maid and a stranger in my home.

Back