Gestational Diabetes

fatmamaa

Anyone?

I got diagnosed very early during a routine urine test followed by glucose test.

Had been adjusting my food intake.

Taking prick test every visit.

Hope will be under control.

I m diagnosed too during my last visit 3 weeks ago.. now trying to control my diet. And prick my finger almost daily using my own test kit..

You r all better than me. My glucose test was 13, immediately doctor admitted me into hospital liao, stayed in ward almost two weeks then discharged me. Now I have to watch out every meal, and inject insulin three times per day. :(

My gynae used the device tt counts in 2-3 digits.

Last visit after eating fish slice beehoon was 122(beyond his acceptable range) so hv to go bk two weeks later.

What do you all eat normally?

Fish slice bee hoon looks innocent but actually is the worst from my experience.
Stick to western food if need to go out and eat, usually more meat than carbo. At home can cook brown rice, eat whole meal bread.
After u poop should be ok.... Just tahan all the no taste food for the time being.
Ganbatte!!

Last visit after eating fish slice beehoon was 122(beyond his acceptable range) so hv to go bk two weeks later.

U use 122/18 = 6.7 (always divided by 18)
I am vegetarian, so I only eat vegetables every day. Dietician told me I can only eat 10 table spoons of brown rice. Below pictures are my daily breakfast and lunch/dinner.
ImageUploadedByForum1426393099.365183.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1426393131.223292.jpg

You r all better than me. My glucose test was 13, immediately doctor admitted me into hospital liao, stayed in ward almost two weeks then discharged me. Now I have to watch out every meal, and inject insulin three times per day. :(

My test result after 2 hours Glucose challenge test is 11+. However, i am controlling my sugar through diet and sugar monitoring only.
May i know why your gynae dont even give you an option to try to change diet to see if it's under control? Perhaps you dont have to be under insulin injection if you can control via diet.

Fatmama, you are with with hospital? At KKH, the cut over point is 7.0 two hours after meal. Occasionally exceeded 7.0 still acceptable to my gynae.

My reading ranges quite abit.. from 5.x to 8.9 2hrs after food. but I agree western food usually more calories than carbo. Ate 1 bowl of beehoon and it gave me high reading after 2hrs.. But I notice I must eat moderately, shouldnt feel too full at all. And was told to walk after every meal, at least 30mins. But if we are working, how to walk 30mins after lunch??

Also must tahan abit more with all "kosong" drinks.. still not too bad as long as after delivery back to normal.

@MTB-2015 Inject insulin 3x daily? No way to get rid of it by food diet?

i Had mild GDM too. I sometimes drink glucerna and have salad with balsamic vinegar or vinaigrette as dressing. glucerna is meant for diabetics btw. For dinner I have rice but I don't eat much rice to begin with so that's fine. couple that with meat and veg and that is usually ok. For brekkie it's multi grain bread ans milk

My test result after 2 hours Glucose challenge test is 11+. However, i am controlling my sugar through diet and sugar monitoring only.
May i know why your gynae dont even give you an option to try to change diet to see if it's under control? Perhaps you dont have to be under insulin injection if you can control via diet.

After I admitted to hospital, dietician came and told me to have diabetic meals and below 1800cal daily. They monitored for 3 days, still very high 2hrs after meal, 10+. Therefore, on the fourth day, doc prescribe insulin (18units), then after another 4 days, still high ( KKH's standard is below 7), so doc increased the insulin dosage to 40units per day.

Now with insulin, my sugar level is 5-6.

Fatmama, you are with with hospital? At KKH, the cut over point is 7.0 two hours after meal. Occasionally exceeded 7.0 still acceptable to my gynae.
Private gynae. His cut off is 120 two hours after meal~

I am a bit worried cos smtimes i cannot control will eat choco secretly. Like a small pc la.

I dun used to crave for durians now crave like mad but they say cannot eat cos durian very high in sugar.

I also need to control my diet as I was tested +ve for GD at 30 weeks. I usually don't crave for cakes, durians or bread. But once need to control, somehow I crave for them. I have to prick myself 6 times a day to check my blood sugar levels. Occasionally, I will experiment with some food for 1 meal and the reading will shot up. My readings range from 5.0 to 8.6 2hrs after food. My last checkup, baby at 29 weeks weigh about 1.4kg.

@isenggirl What type of beehoon you eat? Fried or soup?
If Yong Tau Foo beehoon soup with veggie, beancurd, seaweed etc and not the fried stuff and eat half portion of beehoon, it should be okay.
Cos my reading after 2 hrs is 5.7. But if I eat fried beehoon, reading shot up to 9.5 and this is the one time that it shot up so high.

I also need to control my diet as I was tested +ve for GD at 30 weeks. I usually don't crave for cakes, durians or bread. But once need to control, somehow I crave for them. I have to prick myself 6 times a day to check my blood sugar levels. Occasionally, I will experiment with some food for 1 meal and the reading will shot up. My readings range from 5.0 to 8.6 2hrs after food. My last checkup, baby at 29 weeks weigh about 1.4kg.

@isenggirl What type of beehoon you eat? Fried or soup?
If Yong Tau Foo beehoon soup with veggie, beancurd, seaweed etc and not the fried stuff and eat half portion of beehoon, it should be okay.
Cos my reading after 2 hrs is 5.7. But if I eat fried beehoon, reading shot up to 9.5 and this is the one time that it shot up so high.

I ate soup beehoon!! i dunno where the glucose came from coz everything was healthy to me. so now i ate more yong tau fu without beehoon.

After I admitted to hospital, dietician came and told me to have diabetic meals and below 1800cal daily. They monitored for 3 days, still very high 2hrs after meal, 10+. Therefore, on the fourth day, doc prescribe insulin (18units), then after another 4 days, still high ( KKH's standard is below 7), so doc increased the insulin dosage to 40units per day.

Now with insulin, my sugar level is 5-6.

icic, i got what you mean. I attended the KKH diet control class before. They also served the diabetic meals, which after 2 hours, my reading still between 8-9. Their so called diabetic meals to be is not so ideal. They are still serving the white rice (1 full bowl) + vege + meat + fruit. To me, it's a regular meal, not diabetic meal. I tried my own diabetic meal which consist of half a bowl of basmatic (long grain rice) + meat + vege (no fruit), my sugar level can be controlled before 7.0 after 2 hour meal. I think as long as we still eat some carbo, meat and vege (even through the serving may be smaller) we will still be fine, cos we can eat more often with smaller meals.

Private gynae. His cut off is 120 two hours after meal~

I am a bit worried cos smtimes i cannot control will eat choco secretly. Like a small pc la.

I dun used to crave for durians now crave like mad but they say cannot eat cos durian very high in sugar.

Haha, i also snacked some chinese new year cookies during tea break time. A little bit i think it will not cause harm :)

I ate soup beehoon!! i dunno where the glucose came from coz everything was healthy to me. so now i ate more yong tau fu without beehoon.

I agreed with MTB-2015, sometimes with the same meal i can tolerate, sometimes not. I am not sure why too. I realised that i can digest sugar better during lunch time compared to breakfast or dinner time. For dinner, i cannot bring down the sugar too well if i eat late, say around 8pm+. May be also something to do with our body metabolism in different timing act differently.

Mummies, how many gestation week are you now and what's your baby estimated weight? I am now at 33 weeks +3 days. Baby weight around 2kg when i visited gynae 1 week ago.

apart from reading of 2hrs after meal, it's good to compare your reading before meal to see the incremental, from there you know which food give you the problem, sometimes is the portion, sometimes is becoz u r too hungry, that was my experience after some testing on my own, I also cracked my head where the hell all the sugar level come from since I don't like dessert, ice-cream, soft drinks at all even in normal days. Different people have different reaction on carbo. Don't skip carbo entirely, but just eat a bit a bit of low GI food thru out the day.

@isenggirl apart from bee hoon, the soup can cause some trouble as nobody knows if they put any sugar inside for seasoning.

@4gals your bb weight looks good. Durian really a no no.... Haha. Some fruits like mango... Also not so ideal.

@angelbell they serve white rice?... I thought last time they gave 1/2 brown 1/2 white mixed.... Cut cost liao.... I remember they got guo tiao soup for breakfast..... I was like huh?..?. Can help to reduce meh...... Lol

apart from reading of 2hrs after meal, it's good to compare your reading before meal to see the incremental, from there you know which food give you the problem, sometimes is the portion, sometimes is becoz u r too hungry, that was my experience after some testing on my own, I also cracked my head where the hell all the sugar level come from since I don't like dessert, ice-cream, soft drinks at all even in normal days. Different people have different reaction on carbo. Don't skip carbo entirely, but just eat a bit a bit of low GI food thru out the day.

@isenggirl apart from bee hoon, the soup can cause some trouble as nobody knows if they put any sugar inside for seasoning.

@4gals your bb weight looks good. Durian really a no no.... Haha. Some fruits like mango... Also not so ideal.

@angelbell they serve white rice?... I thought last time they gave 1/2 brown 1/2 white mixed.... Cut cost liao.... I remember they got guo tiao soup for breakfast..... I was like huh?..?. Can help to reduce meh...... Lol

The KKH diet class i attended was 4 years ago, when i am expecting my #2. They really served white rice, which i think it's very strange. Thought we not supposed to eat white rice. But for those ladies whose result as not as bad, they are able to get their sugar level under the desirable range after their meal even with white rice. I still remembered i felt very depressed during the class when comparing with others in my group. The nurse want to refer me to doctor to check if need to admit me for the insulin. In the end, after 1 week break before i get to see my doctor, i controlled with my own diet plan, and showed doctor my result. I am glad doctor say i don't need to go for insulin jab. My #2 is weight 2.68kg at 38 weeks+ gestation. Sometimes i wonder, if we control ourselves too strict in terms of diet.

Do not drink the soup when eating outside as most hawkers put in rock sugar to make it nice. My readings got shoot up rocket high whenever I finished the soup but remained at 'safe' level when I don't. Be it YTF, sliced fish soup or veggie soup.. All the same.

I don't drink the soup as what @nvidia and @friends78 had done, even have is just a few spoonfuls.
Maybe that is why my reading is not so high after 2 hours. I think you can eat the beehoon but lesser potion and just drink a few mouthful of soup.

This is one of the food I eat when I crave for coke.

Subway sandwich with roasted chicken breast without any sauce + 1/4 cup of coke light + small packet of chips. My reading after 2 hrs is 6.3.

I ate thick bee hoon most of the time during my preg but reduced the portion to only half or even lesser. If hungry, I will eat 1-2 slices of wheat biscuit. I followed quite strictly to the KK meal plan for GD. Hence, managed to keep my sugar level in control. Didn't really touch on red dates drink or cranberry juice as I kept strictly to plain water. Fruits can eat but also limited to the portion listed too.

@4gals thick bee hoon ok, but usually in a very much reduced portion. Banana should be ok, but got different type, gotta see how your body react to it. Feel better to eat apple (1/2) or melon.

@fatmamaa safer to drink plain water.

Mummies, do you count the 2 hour post meal from the time you start or end of the meal?

From the time you first bite. I asked KK's diabetic nurse already. She said if u 1:10pm start to have your lunch, then by 3:10pm u have to test your blood sugar liao.

From the time you first bite. I asked KK's diabetic nurse already. She said if u 1:10pm start to have your lunch, then by 3:10pm u have to test your blood sugar liao.

I don't follow so strictly leh. Sometime late by 30 mins then take reading.
I don't think the readings will fluctuate a lot, right?

I don't follow so strictly leh. Sometime late by 30 mins then take reading.
I don't think the readings will fluctuate a lot, right?
Normally I set alarm (2 hours) in my phone. After meal 2 hours is the peak of the sugar level curve. More accurate. If I forgot and late more than 30mins, I just skip and don't test liao. Don't waste the test strip, because the reading is not accurate no point to test lah.

My dietitian said ok to be late by 30mins but not 1hr.. means not 3hrs post-meal.. I have been using optium freestyle and I feel the test strip is super costly.. no choice though..

Hi mummies

Speaking from experience cos i got this for my two kids. Once u got this, high chance next pregnancy will get it. So please watch diet as soon as u know u are pregnant.

Pls do not skip the glucose test after you hav given birth to make sure you dont turn diabetic. My friend was stubborn on the result, she was tested and result was her sugar was high. Doctor wanted to test her again and she did not go back, next pregnanacy high blood and sugar and gives birth prematurely. Now is permanent diabetic. Not to mentioned harder for cesar wound to heal if you are diabetic. She was advised no more kids cos will worsen her diabetic.

Different time of the days, you can digest sugar better. Monitor and can sneak some small snack then cos pregnancy is about craving too.

Pls watch your diet and walk a lot after meal to burn sugar cos your babies will be tested for sugar level once they are out. If theirs are high, will not be able to discharge with mother. I seen cases like this and the especially first time mother, crying home without their babies.

Do take care of yourself!!!

Hi mummies

Ohh forget to tell you all that since my stubborn friend din get herself tested second time, her next pregnancy after three years, during her cesar ops, her cesar wound did not heal properly from her previous pregnancy, most probably from her sugar not control all this time. End up her cesar ops took five hours cos all her inside were badly stick together and theu even had to call in the senior doctors to 're arrange' her intestine. All were mess up becos of trying to get the bb out.

Pls do not skip the test, ok

Hi mummies

Speaking from experience cos i got this for my two kids. Once u got this, high chance next pregnancy will get it. So please watch diet as soon as u know u are pregnant.

Pls do not skip the glucose test after you hav given birth to make sure you dont turn diabetic. My friend was stubborn on the result, she was tested and result was her sugar was high. Doctor wanted to test her again and she did not go back, next pregnanacy high blood and sugar and gives birth prematurely. Now is permanent diabetic. Not to mentioned harder for cesar wound to heal if you are diabetic. She was advised no more kids cos will worsen her diabetic.

Different time of the days, you can digest sugar better. Monitor and can sneak some small snack then cos pregnancy is about craving too.

Pls watch your diet and walk a lot after meal to burn sugar cos your babies will be tested for sugar level once they are out. If theirs are high, will not be able to discharge with mother. I seen cases like this and the especially first time mother, crying home without their babies.

Do take care of yourself!!!
now that seems to be another "reason" for me to not have another bb. but yeah I am aware that there is a high chance that it will recur in a subsequent pregnancy and honestly ... i don't rly like pricking my fingers tho I am ok with diet modification. and thanks to that I gained only 5 kg during pregnancy and now at 7 plus wks post partum I am weighing less than pre pregnancy wt

@melon29 thanks for sharing. Think your fren's case is more serious case n out of control one.

Not sure how true it is, During the class attended at KKH, another participant said her mother had GD when she had her elder brother but not the time she had her. The nurse said that could be due to a stricter diet control plan since the starting of pregnancy or could be due to due to gender of the bb.

Then I recalled my fren who has mild GD for #1 (boy) and when she had #2 (gal) doc no longer classified as having GD (of coz she passed the silly OGTT). The diff is #1 was smaller below 3kg, #2 bigger think around 3.5kg.

Hi mummies

Ohh forget to tell you all that since my stubborn friend din get herself tested second time, her next pregnancy after three years, during her cesar ops, her cesar wound did not heal properly from her previous pregnancy, most probably from her sugar not control all this time. End up her cesar ops took five hours cos all her inside were badly stick together and theu even had to call in the senior doctors to 're arrange' her intestine. All were mess up becos of trying to get the bb out.

Pls do not skip the test, ok

How bad was her glucose level? it seems she did not maintain her diet during pregnancy also? I am pricking my finger daily though not across all the food. most of the time lunch/dinner only or both. Still... quite tiring to monitor this...

Her second pregnancy still can control with diet at that Kk teaches. After second one, she was tested high even after pregnancy. Third pregnancy has to use insulin injection cos is totally out of control. Two hours after meal is over 10 for her reading.

My sugar level was high when I was at week 30+, Dr told me no rice, noodles, durian, canned drinks. It went down the next visit. Throughout my pregnancy only was measured high twice.

My friend first pregnancy girl, no problem. Second one boy has this. Third is a girl out of control. So not sure gender of bb plays a part

Hi Mummies out there,
I got diagnosed GDM 2 weeks plus ago too. Now I am W31 5 days. Never being a sweet tooth, in fact I thought I control my carb intake quite well till I let loose during CNY. I failed the 2h OGTT at 11. Totally devastated not knowing what to expect and very afraid of the fact that I gotta prick myself from then on. After going through the session with the nurse and dietician at the diabetic clinic at NUH, I overcome my fears. In fact it is almost painless when pricking my finger. After a week plus of monitoring, I realised I'm on the low side rather than high side. I mostly prepare my own meals but when I am lazy I would buy from outside choosing the food carefully. Ever tried testing 2h after consuming Half packet white chicken rice (6.3), Zhi Char fried meat and claypot tofu plus half packet rice (6.7). Otherwise my reading is usually around 4.5-5.1 pre meal and 4.9-5.3 post meal.
Being told to eat 6 meals per day (3 main & 3 snacks). Diet has been pretty much the same. Usually multigrain (Gardenia) with peanut butter, egg, tuna, avocado or cheese for breakfast and snack, oatmeal at times to replace rice or bread, wholemeal spaghetti with low sugar tomato paste, brown rice. Hardly touched white rice and white bread and noodles. Beverage is usually water, unsweetened soy (Nutrisoy or Fairprice) & Marigold hi low milk. Sometimes I snack on unsweetened yogurt with a handful of baked almonds (camel nuts). As for fruits I try to take during snacks or day time (strawberries, apples, kiwi). I really miss my durian but no choice. Ate loads of vege and my food is zero-msg and very lightly salted using just very minimal olive oil. So far all these does the trick for me at controlling the sugar level.

@Skivewalker

Hi there, currently 29 weeks...same here, I was diagnosed with GDM 2 weeks back..... failed the OGTT at 8.2
equally devastated and for me, afraid of needles. So the thought of pricking really freaked me out.
Was told to do the 7 times check, for 2 consecutive days.
Since then, being really paranoid on what I can eat... and following the sample diet given out by my gynae. Anything not listed there (for those I can eat), I don't take.. and that leaves lots of doubts and very limited choice.
Was doing the 7 times pricking, my numbers are pretty good.. but until one snack time, I had totally lost my sense and took 2 piece of roti prata. Oh my, the number shot up to 9+
That really scares me ... me, being eating out very often... I do feel pretty lost and paranoid on certain food. Those food not listed, like fishball noodles (bee hoon)? white chicken rice? fried bee hoon? I don't know whether to eat or not..

@Skivewalker

Hi there, currently 29 weeks...same here, I was diagnosed with GDM 2 weeks back..... failed the OGTT at 8.2
equally devastated and for me, afraid of needles. So the thought of pricking really freaked me out.
Was told to do the 7 times check, for 2 consecutive days.
Since then, being really paranoid on what I can eat... and following the sample diet given out by my gynae. Anything not listed there (for those I can eat), I don't take.. and that leaves lots of doubts and very limited choice.
Was doing the 7 times pricking, my numbers are pretty good.. but until one snack time, I had totally lost my sense and took 2 piece of roti prata. Oh my, the number shot up to 9+
That really scares me ... me, being eating out very often... I do feel pretty lost and paranoid on certain food. Those food not listed, like fishball noodles (bee hoon)? white chicken rice? fried bee hoon? I don't know whether to eat or not..
@pinkylove ya my hubby also said I am super paranoid but what to do, I want the best for BB.
I am still on the low side. It's tough when it comes to eating out coz the food preparers tend to add losta of seasoning + msg. I think now my tongue is so accustom to bland food that any little msg made me feels sick. But on the bright side eating healthily brought about alot of benefits like I don't get that my much constipation.
The diet guide given by my dietician include some hawker food which is 3 exchange such as Longtong (I tried, but draining out all possible gravy while eating and did not finish the rice), slice fish noodles (I take about 2/3 of the thick beehoon and drink only few sips of soup but request additional vege). At times when I am lazy to took I will also tabao Yong Tao Foo soup (choosing mainly non fried stuff & vege and took only half portion of beehoon), mixed vegetable rice with non fried dishes and 1/3 rice if not brown rice. I guess we can't totally cut away carbs as BB needs it for growth. But when I snack at home, I eat lotsa nuts which is a good source of protein and drink low fat milk.
I used to drink Anmum everyday and then I realised it may be too sweet and totally stop. According to my dietician, u can actually drink a heap tablespoon of milo (with no sugar nor condensed milk) but in moderation which I did when I crave for it.
My BB is pretty small during my last scan as compared to others and I don't know why coz I read that GDM mum usually have bigger BB. I suspect coz I am more hypo.
How is ur BB weight?

I am also diagnose with GDM at 28 weeks. Was super upset about it coz I thought I control myself pretty well plus I din gain a lot of weight.

I am with NUH and was told to prick finger 7x a day for 2 days in a week. I am able to control my diet mostly, with a few out coz I anyhow eat to satisfy my craving. haha
I depend largely on western food to keep my reading low. If I have to eat rice, I give a few spoonful. I don't drink any fruit juice or sugar drinks at all. If I take soyamilk, it will be 0% sugar. My diet contains a lot of fruits (not so sweet ones like Kiwi is ok) and veggie and little rice and more protein.
My weight came into a stagnant from week 28 to 38 (was induce at 38wk), hehe I only put on a total of 7kg and my gal weight 2.815kg.

Not all bb will be big becoz of GDM, we had a higher risk of having big babies.
My gal all along was 50% in her weight till birth.

I am also diagnose with GDM at 28 weeks. Was super upset about it coz I thought I control myself pretty well plus I din gain a lot of weight.

I am with NUH and was told to prick finger 7x a day for 2 days in a week. I am able to control my diet mostly, with a few out coz I anyhow eat to satisfy my craving. haha
I depend largely on western food to keep my reading low. If I have to eat rice, I give a few spoonful. I don't drink any fruit juice or sugar drinks at all. If I take soyamilk, it will be 0% sugar. My diet contains a lot of fruits (not so sweet ones like Kiwi is ok) and veggie and little rice and more protein.
My weight came into a stagnant from week 28 to 38 (was induce at 38wk), hehe I only put on a total of 7kg and my gal weight 2.815kg.

Not all bb will be big becoz of GDM, we had a higher risk of having big babies.
My gal all along was 50% in her weight till birth.
@sunflower307 , I am also with NUH. Am seeing Prof Mahesh who has many a times mentioned to me due to my condition I high chance pre term and likely to be induced :(. Besides GDM, I had preterm contractions at W28. Now under medication to control contractions. My weight does not increase much though, in fact when I first started the GDM diet, it dropped a kg. Wah at least ur gal is of a good weight and u only put on so little!. How was ur 6 weeks after test? Hope everything is normal for u now.

I see. you under high risk? take care.

I had GDM and sticky bloody, I basically have to inject myself daily on the tummy with Clexane from 18weeks onwards to thin my blood. haha thinking back I dunno how I go thru all these, haha

I am overweight to begin with. haha Yes when u start GDM diet u will notice a drop in weight. My weight drop at first then I gain alittle bit haha towards to end coz I really don't care and anyhow wack at the last wk. haha

My friend face the same prob of small baby n GDM, u can try avocado with like low fat milk or something? no sugary stuff.

Yesh! I pass my 6wk post partum with good results. hehe but doc tell me if I have 2nd child, mostly likely will have GDM. have to control from the start. haha can't imagine!!!

@pinkylove ya my hubby also said I am super paranoid but what to do, I want the best for BB.
I am still on the low side. It's tough when it comes to eating out coz the food preparers tend to add losta of seasoning + msg. I think now my tongue is so accustom to bland food that any little msg made me feels sick. But on the bright side eating healthily brought about alot of benefits like I don't get that my much constipation.
The diet guide given by my dietician include some hawker food which is 3 exchange such as Longtong (I tried, but draining out all possible gravy while eating and did not finish the rice), slice fish noodles (I take about 2/3 of the thick beehoon and drink only few sips of soup but request additional vege). At times when I am lazy to took I will also tabao Yong Tao Foo soup (choosing mainly non fried stuff & vege and took only half portion of beehoon), mixed vegetable rice with non fried dishes and 1/3 rice if not brown rice. I guess we can't totally cut away carbs as BB needs it for growth. But when I snack at home, I eat lotsa nuts which is a good source of protein and drink low fat milk.
I used to drink Anmum everyday and then I realised it may be too sweet and totally stop. According to my dietician, u can actually drink a heap tablespoon of milo (with no sugar nor condensed milk) but in moderation which I did when I crave for it.
My BB is pretty small during my last scan as compared to others and I don't know why coz I read that GDM mum usually have bigger BB. I suspect coz I am more hypo.
How is ur BB weight?
@Skivewalker as per my gynae, my BB weigh 1.04Kg at 27 weeks+ which he mentioned normal. not too big not too small. yes, he did mentioned to me about having bigger baby if mummy has GDM. But through out my pregnancy, I didn't exceed the weight gain limit..keeping to 1 kg ~ per month. That's why I thought since I managed my weight quite well, I shouldn't be prone to GDM. Well, since the reality strike... Have to accept it.
I have heard that people who take a lot of mummies milk tend to have high glucose.. I stopped mine immediately too after being diagnosed. ( I was taking 2 glasses everyday)
my hubby was consoling me, not to be too hard on myself. Keeping my diet away from those fried food, high carbo food , sweet stuffs is for the benefit of myself and importantly, BB.
After I sent my result to gynae, he say no need to do further test, just keep to the diet.. To me, its a relief from the pricking, but keep "suspecting" and 'wondering" if certain food has caused a high spike in the reading.
Well I guess have to "don't think too much" and look forward to my next appointment, 2 weeks later..

I had GDM and sticky bloody, I basically have to inject myself daily on the tummy with Clexane from 18weeks onwards to thin my blood. haha thinking back I dunno how I go thru all these, haha

I am overweight to begin with. haha Yes when u start GDM diet u will notice a drop in weight. My weight drop at first then I gain alittle bit haha towards to end coz I really don't care and anyhow wack at the last wk. haha

My friend face the same prob of small baby n GDM, u can try avocado with like low fat milk or something? no sugary stuff.

Yesh! I pass my 6wk post partum with good results. hehe but doc tell me if I have 2nd child, mostly likely will have GDM. have to control from the start. haha can't imagine!!!
Oh ya coz Iim turning 36 soon. Must be the age i guess. Good to hear u passed ur glucose test. Do take care still as we would have certain level of risk in following under Type 2 if we don't take care. I think this is really a turning point in my life where I would still watch my diet carefully even after birth.

@sunflower307 inject yourself everyday? I have no idea how you go thru.. so brave of you. Good for you, to pass your 6 wk post partum!! Hard work pays off.... :)

Back