Flying ok during the two week wait?

Hi All,

I think I am taking a break for this cycle, the reason being that my husband is going back on Jan 30 (Sat) morning day 20 of my cycle to his hometown Shanghai for Chinese New Year break; and I am supposed to go with my mom to Hong Kong during that period. My cycle is usually 26 to 28 days, so if I am trying this cycle, this will fall within my two week wait, which I do not know if I have successfully conceived or not.

Another question is: if I have successfully conceived and it is found out only in Hong Kong, how am I supposed to fly back to Singapore?

So maybe to avoid any complications, better that I just do not ttc this cycle.

Any input is much appreciated.

Why you're not going back to Shanghai with your husband?

Tww is calculated from the day after ovulation right? Nothing to do with whether you're conceived or not? And if you have gotten BFP while you're in Hong Kong, that would be the best gift ever for the lovely CNY!

Think you can be assured that pregnant women can normally travel safely by air, unless you're 28th week and above, or there's any pre existing illness. Get a letter from Doctor should be fine.

Don't worry too much and complicate the whole thing, relax :)

Why you're not going back to Shanghai with your husband?

Tww is calculated from the day after ovulation right? Nothing to do with whether you're conceived or not? And if you have gotten BFP while you're in Hong Kong, that would be the best gift ever for the lovely CNY!

Think you can be assured that pregnant women can normally travel safely by air, unless you're 28th week and above, or there's any pre existing illness. Get a letter from Doctor should be fine.

Don't worry too much and complicate the whole thing, relax :)

Hi tinklebbdust,

Thank you for your words of advice.

My problem is that due to my miscarriages history, travelling is not advisable during the first trimester.

I have tried asking the Professor's assistant, but she does not give me an answer. I think she does not want to be responsible in case anything happens.

I think if ttc in Hong Kong then come back should be alright, as do not think embryo can implant in 3 days' time.

Hi tinklebbdust,

Thank you for your words of advice.

My problem is that due to my miscarriages history, travelling is not advisable during the first trimester.

I have tried asking the Professor's assistant, but she does not give me an answer. I think she does not want to be responsible in case anything happens.

I think if ttc in Hong Kong then come back should be alright, as do not think embryo can implant in 3 days' time.

I guess it is fine for a short flight, HongKong to Singapore merely takes 4 or 5 hours? And implantation happens between 6-12dpo. It might be too early to even worry for that since you don't even know when would you ovulate?

For such serious matter you should speak to your professor and not the assistant. For sure nobody would like to give any advice beyond his/her profession.

I guess it is fine for a short flight, HongKong to Singapore merely takes 4 or 5 hours? And implantation happens between 6-12dpo. It might be too early to even worry for that since you don't even know when would you ovulate?

For such serious matter you should speak to your professor and not the assistant. For sure nobody would like to give any advice beyond his/her profession.

Hi tinklebbdust,

I guess the worry is out of the question now, as my husband and I need to come back to Singapore on Feb 13 (Sat) to attend my youngest nephew's wedding registration on Feb 14 morning.

Back