Five Kids and Planning for IVF

Teddy75

Anybody think that I am crazy? Middle income family able to support, especially no maid can cope? Both hubby and me are working. Eldest now in Secondary and Youngest at P1. Idea striked me to do IVF before I reach 40 this year. A experience, then asking for success for IVF because just giving myself one try. I know must have few try before can pass. I think the success rate for my IVF is just 1% in view my age and hubby.

No grandparents support. Raise kids with help on childcare and student care. Older kids managed on own. Very sensible. Older kids x2 works part time help out house finance, as parents we need not give pocket allowance to the older. Their studies are good having top 10% in class.

If ur hub n ur income are ok to support the whole family, yes u can go ahead n try for ivf. But do know that the journey is not easy.

You go mummy... I expecting my no. 5 baby now, elder P4 and youngest 2yrs with helper and mil support. Going to be tough but it's god's gift.. :)

You go mummy... I expecting my no. 5 baby now, elder P4 and youngest 2yrs with helper and mil support. Going to be tough but it's god's gift.. :)

Same as you, I expecting #5 but will pop soon in late Apr or early May.
Elder is in Sec 1 and youngest P2.
I can only depend on helper cos both my parents need care and my PIL unable to help.

I'm slightly better than you as my elder is big now and hope she can help out a bit with the caring of this bb.

Same as you, I expecting #5 but will pop soon in late Apr or early May.
Elder is in Sec 1 and youngest P2.
I can only depend on helper cos both my parents need care and my PIL unable to help.

I'm slightly better than you as my elder is big now and hope she can help out a bit with the caring of this bb.

My first 3 are boys, they are quite lazy and always needs to give a push. So needs to check homework and push them to learn any spelling or test.
But well, i can say that's boys.. and if i'm not wrong, i am expecting another boy. o_O

Hi ladies, glad to hear so many pro family here.. I'm expecting #5 too edd May 2016... Eldest is P1, youngest 1year.. this year 32yrs old.

Hi ladies, glad to hear so many pro family here.. I'm expecting #5 too edd May 2016... Eldest is P1, youngest 1year.. this year 32yrs old.

Hi Jas, congratulations to your no.5!
Jai you! All ur kids are still so young, hope u have a good support at home.

Hi Jas, congratulations to your no.5!
Jai you! All ur kids are still so young, hope u have a good support at home.

Hi jazzplay, they are all two years apart more or less.. Lucky we have good help and mil and her sis helping out too..

I knew of some friends with 4 kids but this time nice to know few other mummies with 5!

Hi jazzplay, they are all two years apart more or less.. Lucky we have good help and mil and her sis helping out too..

I knew of some friends with 4 kids but this time nice to know few other mummies with 5!

we got a handful of kids! Including our own DH.

we got a handful of kids! Including our own DH.

Thankfully DH is slowly maturing.. So far i think the most stressful part is mealtime.. Need to prepare different food for the young ones and older ones also need supervision to eat, sometimes feeding too coz they take too long.. I only help out when I'm not working.

Thankfully DH is slowly maturing.. So far i think the most stressful part is mealtime.. Need to prepare different food for the young ones and older ones also need supervision to eat, sometimes feeding too coz they take too long.. I only help out when I'm not working.

Totally understand.

Good that you guys want to build up happy family and your children are all so responsible and smart!! No longer strawberry generation...
But still got to think of the costs of IVF, education (especially university fees) and living expenses... Can't divide the pie between so many people ya. Just my advice.

I am expecting my #4 unplanned.. Same like many I tot of stopping at 3 but this is really not going to work as I been thinking too much.. Is it really that hard to juggle with 4 .. My eldest is 7, and 2nd and 3rd are 5. The #4 will be due by Dec 2016.. Feeling worried and depressed

Back