First time mum-to-be in their 30s

Hi manunited,

I also lose weight during pregnancy and this frightens my gynae. She insists I switch to a western diet which is high in carbo if I cannot put on weight. I eat normally like u-3 main meals a day and snack. But my snacks are mainly on fruits and plain crackers/bread during breaks. Cannot put on much weight.

So i stimulate my appetite with fruits before meals. I eat something sour and high in vit-C like plums, green kiwi, strawberries before my meals coz I dun feel hungary esp dinner. It works better but my gynae is not satisfied with my weight gain of 10kg till now which is my final trimester. She told me my baby will weight less than an average baby of 3 kg.

Do eat something which stimulates your appetite. Your baby and you will need the nutrients for growth and energy. Good luck!

Chiam A (joy_ful)
Talk about mood! It is a little like a roller coaster!!! Yea like this crazy appetite! I had 2 pcs of toast for breakfast this morning and the toast seems stucked at my diaphram -_-" not up nor down. V uncomfortable!!

Do you also mean that bacon and ham are not recommended?! Oh dear!

V_ni
Yea it is Pure Yoga at Taka. It is a flat fee of $109/- per month for a year's membership and you can attend as many or as few classes as you like. Prenatal yoga is on every Mon, Wed and Fri. Mon and Wed is at 1215 pm and Fri is at 1030 am for an hour each session. Other than Prenatal yoga, I some times also do Hatha 1 and
Restorative Yoga but I am getting lazier and lazier hehe

Congrats! I hope you are those who don't have to suffer from MS!!

Is this your first bb? You are registered since 04??

Chiam A (joy_ful)

Are you due soon?

Any other ladies feel like their memory is eroding a little... geez ... I sometimes cant remember things. I was a little shock to see 2 packets of unopened cheese in my fridge today because I only remembered buying 1! haha ...

I swear I didnt want to be a victim to this pregnancy amnesia but I think it is beginning to overpower me!

manunited
dun think too much abt weight, u will be fine!! at most drink those milk powder for pregnant women - maybe can ask ur gyn abt recommendation - i had 1 can & put on terribly fast that my gyn says STOP!! if the baby is puting on weight i think its ok !! then need to lose lesser weight after baby born, quite gd. not like me, i think i need to lose tons of fats.

ILoh
v nice to keep the gender a secret - like the ang mohs in my ofc!! it will be a pleasant surprise!! i'm in the 32 wks now ... counting down every other day cos getting abit bored with the big tummy. cudn't sleep at all last nite, cos baby was doing some gungfu kicks all nite, just manage to zzz this morning ... tough being mum eh...

Chiam - haha its gd u feel shiok with baby kicking, i feel my stomach is teaarrriinggg ... sometimes i just scream out of sudden haha.

oh yah i tried doing a pregnacy journal just to record my upsetting waist & also the size of my tummy & took some pic to show my kid next time - the battle scars on my tummy ha ha, hopefully he can appreciate the pains & agony of mine in the past mths....

oh yah does Yoga really help? i will be going for c-section so thought that perhaps its not that useful for me & gave a pass on it... although i do yoga previously

Azurebaby
32weeks! Congrats... home run soon! I keep feeling this whole process is very long haha. Where are you delivering? When would you start maternity leave? Poor you not getting much sleep, and with today's rainy weather I bet you are feeling really tired. I guess you are more or less prepared with the baby stuff?

Not sure if Yoga help or not, I guess I will find out at the end of this. I just wanted to keep on doing some form of exercise during this period so I picked yoga since I was also doing some before. I used to jog but eversince with the pregnancy I became breathless, I used to swim too but now with the unpredictable weather and all the hype about skin pigmentation so I chose to continue with something indoor.

Did you opt for C-section vs natural birth?

are u ladies intending to breastfeed? i intend to, but am wondering if i really need a pump. if my baby latches on properly, theoretically i dun need to get a pump, rite? any advise??
happy.gif

I Loh, thanks haha, u know somehow i'm really running out of patience hahaha .... i'm delivering in hk, just flew here after the last available wk cos hubby here & he cudn't take leave to be wif me in SG, after much thoughts, decide to fly before wk28. i've started my "maternity" when 2mth cos took 1yr leave w the paid 4mths (this yr baby pckage mah) so be a SAHM till end of yr lor haha.

ya i think yoga is better compared w the jog & swim - i get breathless now when i climb 3 storey of stairs, so forget it haha. i've opt for C section after hearing all the pains & my mum had c section for 3out of 4 kids so she told me forget abt the labour pain if i only want to hv 1 or 2 kid .... so i guess make it more certain date so gg for c-section.

ya mamapig i intend to breastfeed too but heard fr my friends who did it, after that, the boobs become like squashed orange
sad.gif
sounds bad eh, and take longer to recover. Theorectically no need to get pump but its better to get if u dun want to wake up in the middle of the nite and ask ur Mr to feed on behalf of u, to get him participating, or the confinement lady to do it for u. for me after reading all the pumps somehow only a few ones to choose from, so now i'm not really in a hurry to buy - incase wait no milk haha no need to pump also, till when i give birth lor. if really cannot then ask MR to buy - just shortlist the brand first.

Azurebaby
You are in HgKG NOW! Wah nice ... got cooler baby stuff there? can buy hip baby stuff! so you know its boy or girl? I understand that c-section will take longer to recover? Can eat roast goose, wanton noodles! roast pork! hmmm i am salivating!! Suddenly I am very hungry.

Mamapig
I also intend to breastfeed and I intend to get an electric dual breastpump. I have shortlisted to either Avent isis Duo or or the Medela Freestyle. Even though I am going to stay at home, some how the idea of a baby clinging to my chest every other hour really turns me off. Maybe no maternal instincts yet :p

I heard your nipple can really crack and it can be really painful too. I am quite set on expressing milk into bottles for the baby.

I also read that pumping your breast will help stimulate milk production much like having your baby latched on to you. The more you feed the more milk you will have. Then comes the topic of breast pads... ...

ILoh,
errh the disney baby stuffs r def cheaper - so imagine my cot now w mickey, poohs etc... alot of disneys. normal baby toys fr fisher price is more ex, so i bgt fr SG hahaa....

ya c-section take longer to heal but after hearing live experiences that sometimes baby head too big hv to cut the v** then stich back then also myself, i was being pulled out via forceps which cause me some numbness in brain since young - i didn't realise that it is a illness/nerve damage till i was much older after doing some med studies, so just thought, ai yah forget it, just go C-section, anyway not brave also to go thru the pain. haha

ya same i shortlist the Medela incase i need to buy before discharge fr hospital then ask MR to go n buy.

btw, pregnant women here dun eat goose or drink cold drinks or prawns fd in the wanton, imagine the WIDE-EYE horror & those nice-hearted but slightly towards kapor aunties-waitress will nag at u and insist giving u warm water ... by the way HK gals drink warm water - i nearly freaked out...

haha i need ICE & ice-cold .......

Halo Everyone
happy.gif

re e Skincare & Makeup products, i hv not checked into e dangerous ingredients used. since 1 of u mention whitening products, oh no, i'm using e Whitening Essence (Fancl). i've got that link of skincare n looks like i've got to be diligent. as for makup, now i only draw eyebrow, eyeliner, mascara & lip balm (vaseline petroleum - wonder how safe it is) & sometimes Kose's Lipstick (yet to check how safe it is)..

oso using SPF 30++ (fancl). any idea any ingredient to look out for in spf if u r using it? coll said must use a gd makup cleanser so i also use Fancl's makeup oil since Shu-eumera's unsuit for me now :p

for Craving, my fren told me that durian is like seafood (prawn, sotong, crab & shelfish varieties) r toxic n unsuit to take now as it may cause e bb's skin sensitivity. guess my mum used to take these when she was w my sisters n they do hv skin allergies / sensitivities easiy..so just a thot for u - try to avoid if u k..else, minimal to satisfy yr craving (like a bite or 2)

for Weight Gain, i oso kind of worry. last mth (3rd mth), at e gynae's, i put on 2kg. this friday gg again n will c how much i put on..too afraid to weigh on my own :p i once heard overall gain of 12kg or so (mayb not more than 18kg) in whole term, is ok.

Chiam,

yr case sounds familiar in my gf's case. at e last tri, she put on too much & uncontrolled n overall she puts on 20+ kg that she has a hard time slimming down n thus working v hard during BF. so do take note
happy.gif

i'm oso taking Kiwi (yellow one, now preferring this n heard it also belongs to 'cooling' type). overall, all of us here to take in moderately in all varieities of food bah :>

i realise that my diet changes since 1st Tri as compared to before - much lesser veggie / fruits n more meat (protein)..haha..keep reminding myself to balance diet!!!

Azure,
envy you too..in HK ah...go ahead to grab cheaper items there,esp Disney stuff
happy.gif
u reminded to really start into it cos i'm still dangling here :p sometimes it's gd to meet people who r 'concern' towards you altho it k be errr... :p Now so hot leh..they still take warm water?!?!?!?!?

re Breast Pump, i got a Manual Avent last yr..been hearing Medela is also a gd one as it's also more economical than avent.

hi Loh,

dun worry! i also suffer fm memory failure!! haha..irritating at times trying v hardly to recall :p imagine at work..wow...jia lak..btw, Loh, do u also din check e bb gender fm e gynae or over here only?? :p i hv already informed my gynae not to tell me n k tell my HB :p now ppl ard me k bet e gender..haha..my boss guessed it's a boy..

oh ya, btw, i'm Experiencing e BB's 1st KICKS YESTERDAY evening when I told HB e bb better to kick me when i'm not asleep :p then i got it..initially thot i was halucinating :p today got it again after lunch n still unused to it..haha..

paiseh ah, MTBs..super long updates fm me cos I missed all of u here for only a day?? keke...terribly busy for last wk and these few days :p

take care everyone
happy.gif

hi mummies

how's everyone doing. i heard that most of u had cravings. please eat in moderation. for fruits, the best is still apples.

azurebaby: u going for c sec? some doctors don't cut, they let it tear naturally. i tear my naturally, din cut. heal perfectly well.

loh: it's good to have a pump on standby. u intend to pump n not latch? well, after a while, u will prefer to latch n not pump cos pumping can be a hassle. esp when u go out with bb. also, if u latch the bb properly, breastfeeding is quite ok. i've breastfeed since jan and still am breastfeeding. u can do it. when u see yr bb, u will want to give the best. don think too much.

chiam: u r 10kg but yr bb is below 3kg? then most of the weight goes to u. it's advisable not to put on too much weight. u don need to consciously go on diet. just eat per normal as u would. 1kg per month is ideal. i put on 9-10kg and my bb was 3.415kg. most of it went to bb. my normal diet was less carbo more protein with lots of vitamins.

breast pump: go for medela. most mummies use medela.

BB, i think you are having a boy too cos alot of pple said that lesser vege/fruits/sweet stuff and more meat means having boy....This is your #2 bb?

azurebaby, ah... u in hk...so nice...!! this week my hubby went to hk... i really wanted t tag along cos i love all the food in hk, but was afraid of travelling cos of the h1n1 flu threat. preggie woman cannot eat goose? oops... i asked my hubby to bring me back a leg of goose from hk :p

bunny, ya i'm gg for c-sec lor, save the trouble of anticipating... erhh wat do u mean by naturally tear?? sounds scary.

mamapig, i think its a culture thing, the preg ladies here dun eat duck, goose, pigeon here cos they view it like prawns/ seafood - ie, toxic, which i feel its strange?!?!?! cos i dun eat beef so i took some duck meat since its red meat, but apparently its frown upon here. Just like they can eat pineapple in HK but majority of us in SG will view that as a taboo fruit.

haha ai yah as usual, for me its nevermind la. alittle bit of everything so that baby can get all the nutrients or exotic flavours haha.

yah HK is paraniod on the TV with the H1N1 flu, so its better that u remain in sg!

being here is very boring leh, eg like cannot meet up with friends & stuck on the pc most of the time now
sad.gif

azurebaby, bored in hk? yah hor, now we preggie not as mobile as last time. the last few times i was in hk, i always walk the streets for 12 hours a day :p i love the street foods and i love shopping at the ladies market (the permanent shops near the north portion of the street offers better buys) and granville road (near tsim sha shui). u can also get a lot of baby clothes from these 2 markets. i actually bot a few the last time for my soft toys :p yeap.... my soft toys wear clothes
happy.gif
heeheee!!

mamapig
ya lor now esp me nearing the end so clumsy & forgetful & the people here walk so fast, sort of given up shopping & foodwise - i'm always eating the "wrong" food so its like errhh... haha ur soft toys r too pampered, SG so hot no need to wear la haha.

yups bgt a couple of baby clothes, others - not so cos somehow HK is too close to China, alot of fakes ahaha duno safe or not.

when i was shopping for baby clothes for my softtoys, i was so afraid that the aunties around me will ask "ow big is your kid"!!! hahaha!!!
happy.gif

Good morning Ladies

Current craving : Peanut nut butter and jam on my toast!! Going for hair treatment after my yoga, then meet my hubby for dinner. Btw, anyone gg for that motherhood exhibition at expo? Have a nice day ladies!

Azurebaby
wow I never realise ppl in hgkg can be so caring. Whenever I am there, ppl seems v fierce and harsh and I often felt rushed upon like I am wasting too much of their time! hehe ...

you can also go to the Prada warehouse, pamper and congratulate yourself a little bit!! hehe

BB
Do you hope for any specific gender? As for me, since it is the first, we dont really mind either. I think the pressure will be on when its the 2nd or 3rd because we really hope to have at least one of each. Apparently, Gender Disappointment is very real and there are ppl out there who took a long long time to get over it and feel alot of guilt.

Mamapig
you are practicing early with your soft toy? so cute ... soft toy still must wear clothes haha ...

Loh, my gynae forbids me to go for hair treatments - u wanna check with your gynae before u go?

heee..... i even made clothes for the smaller softtoys, cos they so small, cannot find their clothes off the rack
happy.gif
in fact i wanted to make my baby some mittens... but my mum forbids me to handle needles and thread now!!! fingers itchy!!!
happy.gif

Hi I Loh,

Processed meat e.g. bacon, ham, luncheon meat are not allowed as they contain nitrates which are harmful to babies. Soft cheese also. My GP first warns me of the side effects of eating them- they can cause abnormalities in fetus development. So I stay away from them completely.

I'm in my 29th weeks now. My families are all very paranoid and anxious as they all believe baby will be due anytime. They insist in helping me to prepare all the things for the hospital stay. If I just go out for a stroll, they will insist in accompanying. Currently I almost have no freedom. Sigh.

v_ni (v_ni),

I also like subway sandwiches especially tuna ones. But coz of high mercury content so I also avoid. I really abstain from many of my fav food for my baby. My friend's mother was wondering why I was so picky about food during the BBQ session last week. Ha ha ha.

Hi BB (imac),

Your gf's case sounds scary. I'm trying to control my weight gain though the only place that seem fat to me is my tummy. My thighs and arms are not spare from growing. So sad. Use to be lean and fit, now plump and unfit during pregnancy. Still feels weird.

Hi azurebaby,

So envious u r in HK. I haven't even gone for my honeymood yet after my wedding last year. Now with a baby due, cannot leave SG. You must be having a lot of tonic soup there since the HK people are quite health-conscious.

Are you due very soon? I'm getting quite clumsy and forgetful too. Been knocking against tables and walls and getting bruises all over. Been teased by my hubby a lot this few weeks.

Hi bunny (adorabel3),
Your bb is huge yet you only gain around 10kg. Woww... The weight seems to sit on my hips and thighs coz my Mother-in-law was pointing out my tummy is small for 7th months but yet my hips are growing. That's very awful. Will have a hard time losing fat in that area.

I'm opting for natural delivery w/out epidural if possible. Heard that c-sec will take a longer time to heal during confinement. But if my bb is in a breech position, I will choose c-sec. Have received advice from my gf to walk as much as possible to have an easier labour. Been doing so since my pregnancy starts. So far been relaxing but not sure if it will help with smooth delivery.

What about you gals? Have you considered your birth options?

To all,

Have you ladies started to prepare for your nursey? I'm been trying to scout for good bargains for my bb since early May. As my bb has to travel to 3 areas often (my parents, my in-laws' place and my home), planning for bb's furniture and stuff is really time-consuming. Quite an X affair too for such arrangement.

hi chiam A, i am only 3 mths, so a bit early to plan for nursery hor? however, i very ks, got on hands on the list of essentials to buy... wah.. almost fainted... around 60 items in there! i dunno how i am going to accomplish that while pregnant! i cant even stand shopping nowadays!

if u chance upon a ok cot, u let me know can?

think my baby will also be travelling among 3 places, but i dun care la... i focus on furnishing my own first.

Chiam, no leh i didn't really hv tonic soup... cos errh i dun really like those weird soups here haha.
for me its me who is paraniod that my boy will pop out anytime since i'm wk 32++ 33? & forbade my MR fr biz trips haha just incase, since i'm sort of alone here in foreign land & my cantonese - haha -

think its never too late to stay planning & grab some nice items during sales !!! its quite an X affair, just buy those essentials i think shld be ok, bottles, clothes, cot & beddings, sterilizer or get ur friends to "chip" in when they asked what to buy for your bb !! also there are so much to read - on how to choose bottles, pacifiers etc, hv to research so i think its gd to start early, from time to time, cos never know when if those dreadful morning sickness return...making us weak & sickly feeling

ILoh, ya mann i was just thinking what shld i buy to reward myself haha (out of MR's pocket)

hi Man-U,
it's my 1st bb
happy.gif
haha..my boss oso guessed that mine could be a boy..hohoho...fm those chinese chart, mine belongs to a gal leh..then HB so bad, he said that he has a gut feel on gender n reluctant to tell me since i want to it as a surprise till delivery (@-@)>

hi Loh,
i dun hv any gender preference. just that i've 2 sisters n many equal # of cousins. just more intune towards gal leh :p same sentiment that u will feel guilty if our preference is diff fm e real gender :p

as for Hair treatment, it is indeed not recommendable as there's some links fm research found that certain chemicals in tact with skin is negative to us, MTBs. so avoid if u can..just a thot for u..btw, what did yr gynae say??

hi Chiam,
i think it ever ate ham / bacon unknowingly
sad.gif
i know softcheese is a no-no..any idea on philadelphia light cream cheese (written as cotton cheese too)??

indeed n that's y my gf was so embarrassed when we went for e bb's mth-old due to her extreme weight gain.

i hope try natural delivery but e more i hear experiences, i more phobia i hv now :p

Chiam / Mamapig,

it's never too early to scout for e bb's items..me infact kind of worry now as i'm so pre-occupied by taking up something now - driving!!! n so much so that i've gotta pass it at 1 go before delivery :p

hi Azurebb,
i actually plan to tour there then alas, conceived liao..no choice..how long will u b there in HK?

Hi Ladies!

I already did my hair treatment and have done it 3 times since pregnancy!!! I did check with 2 gynaes before and all gave the ok lei. I still continue with facial, manicures and pedicures too :pP Oops I have pretty much continued my regular lifestyle except giving up massages. Do you gynaes discourage these too? My gynae says ok woh ... oops oops better minimize ... Just In Case.
sad.gif
((

On the topic of ham & bacon... GEEZ ... I will drop them immediately. I love bacon, ate some recently and have been having some shave ham & egg sandwiches!!! double oops!!! I was very good to stay off soft cheeses, pate and wine though.

I bet all of you really stay off caffeine too right? The smell of coffee made me really sick in the first tri but my craving for coffee is creeping back and I have been having a little everyday too!! Some times I will have some english and green tea too.

mamapig
I think you enjoy sewing don't you? I am very bad at it so I won't contemplate hehe ...

I should start on the nursery and baby stuff. Everyone tells me to start small and gradually. Did had a look at prams, breast pumps and bottles. When I am less lazy, I will consolidate a list for us all to share. hehe ...

so far I have only gotten 2 pairs of mittens & bootees and maybe about 5 pcs of bodysuits hehe.... they were very cute so it was rather irresistable

BB - i guess i will be hk till this yr but i hope to go back to sg if the baby is ok to travel haha. but again i dun really know, if any of u r here, n want to meet up let me know haha!! although i'm also a tourist haha.

hv read earlier that some of u may want to meet up, if i'm in town will be great to join!! it has been v nice to talk to u all the gals here!!

ILoh - yups i've heard its not gd to go for hair treatment bec of the amonnia... & since then i've stopped mani,pedi,facial, foot massage - cos according to the ladies there they say if u massage the back of ur heel, which is the reflex of our reproductive organ - it can stimulate early labour. maybe u want to take note?? - just in case

mamapig - u give me a good idea, if my baby can't fit in the clothes given to me - haha i can donate it to the bears haha!!!

Good morning Ladies!

Finally one day that I can NUA at home!

Azurebaby
yea i heard about the back heel acu point massage! So who is going to help you after your delivery in HgKg? Are you gg to fly your mom there to help you?

I have got a confinement lady line up but I am a little skeptical hehe I dunno how I would feel having a stranger mulling around me for a month. I hope we will hit it off well together.

azurebaby: natural tear meaning, the doctor does not cut open yr below. it tears naturally. when bb is being pushed out, if it's not stretchable enough, it tears. u won't feel any pain cos contraction is more strong than yr tear!

chiam: most of the weight goes to bb. good right? having a bb is like building a factory. they need the raw materials to build. if there's no correct materials, it'll be wobby. so eating right n giving bb the necessary vitamins is very crucial. just 9 months only mah, control abit lor. tho 10kg, most of it goes to bb. losing weight is easy later.

c section takes longer to heal. esp during the one month confinement when u need to carry bb n feed him/her. u'll have difficult getting up of bed. not easy.

actually can go for massage. go for pre natal massage. it's good n helps u relax. i did in when i was 9 mths. to relax myself n prepare for delivery. very relaxing. i encourage u mummies to do it nearer the date. but find a good one.

Hi BB (imac),

Not so sure about philadelphia light cream cheese. But to play safe, I only eat those that are from Kraft singles. Think you can do a search online as I did come across articles that talks about type of food which pregnant ladies must abstain from.

I wana try natural delivery coz I'm not used to being operated on especially on my tummy. But if circumstances forbids, I shall go ahead with C-sec.

Hi I Loh (babybloom),
Just like you, I dread the smell of coffee during my 1st trimester. That was when I realize I was preggie as I used to love coffee especially mocha and nescafe. I have been avoiding it till now. But recently, I have been craving for it but I just stay away as coffee stimulates my bowel movement easily. I have no courage to drink tea as I do suffer from contractions easily according to my gynae.

My beverages are boring now. I only drink milk, milo, water and no more.
sad.gif
. But coz I'm in my last trimester, my families finally allows me to drink coconut juice...cold ones too. Feels shiok and bb also likes it too as it is cold!

Hi azurebaby,

You wana give your clothes to your teddy bears. I will give mine to my doggie.hee hee. She looks extremely adorable with baby clothes. But coz I'm preggie so I avoid playing vigorously with her as my gynae doesn't like me to stay close to pets esp cats. If you are in town, it would be fun to meet up.

Hi bunny,

Where did you go for your pre natal massage? Did you go alone? How much?

I'm keen to have a mssage as my back is aching badly. The baby is sitting on my hips and it's making my lower back craving for massage. LOL

Talking about delivery, how long is the labour process for you (from dilution to delivery)?

Hi mamapig,

I bought a moses basket with stand from an expatriate wife for bb to sleep in at my mum's place (where I'm doing my confinement). I wana bb to be able to within my sight when sleeping. Her stuffs are in pretty good condition. Think she's selling off her cot. You can check out from the marketplace of the sporemotherhood.com too. Think there's quite some good bargain going on too *wink*.

Just let me know if you need anything else as I'm scouting for good bargains for bb.

azurebaby, cool!! my toys will definitely welcome hand-me-downs
happy.gif
hehehehe
happy.gif

Chiam A, ya? she is selling a cot? okie... i go see wat sort of bargains she has.

On the confinement thing, hehe... i finally decided NOT to get a confinement lady as i do not like to have a stranger staying at my place. My mum will come from 11am to 4pm to make me lunch and dinner, clean the house and watch the baby. Then my MIL will come once a day in the afternoon to just shower the baby, since my mum is nt too sure if she dare touch a newborn. once the baby gets a bit bigger and i can shower the baby myself, then my MIL dun have to come la.
happy.gif
heeee
happy.gif
so exciting!!!

hi Loh,
other than hearing amonia stuff / chemicals, anything giving out current is not scientifically proven, i think, but more to e logics that may affect us :p i will do pedicure once a while as it's not so easy to clean e toenails as mine's r hard n full of deadskin easily on e big toes..

talking abt e massage at e heal area, i'll take note here n give alert to e pedicurist :p

if i feel like taking coffee, i restrict to only a cup per day..once a while will take not more than a glass of (cold) gassy cold drinks, western/chinese tea
happy.gif
if can't endure, a sip of 2 is gd to satisfy our craving..this is what was commented by a sinseh n a malay experienced dad friend :p

hi Azure,
wow..u will stay that long..so by then, u will hv already delivered?? i havent even gone into e decision on CL as i know that if can't get any family member to help, will hv to engage a CL fm either NTUC or whoever by then..

oh ya, seems like you MTBs hv already started buying..yeh..bit by bit as advised by experience people
happy.gif

just now i went to Kiddy Palace just to hv a look on e items.

other than bb's clothes (norm not an issue as many ppl will send as gifts so beware not to over-buy :p), i wonder if there's any special comments to get for - Brand of BB Wiper (is it e cheapest will do or quality still counts), Shower / Shampoo (my coll said J&J's still e best),

then if BF, not be bothered by e milk bottle (glass or BPA whatever), teats, formula milk & related items yet..

gotta list them down to take note :p

azure,

talking abt gathering if a chance, we've yet to exchange our emails :p

Hi All MTBs,

who's e first to deliver & that's when?
who's e 'last' to do so & when will that be?

mine is 28oct. btw, i suppose u will want to know yr bb's gender so, do u know yr bb's gender already?

oh yah its nice to get the moses basket - i've got one hands-me-down cos its only use till abt 6mth or earlier before the baby knows how to flip - do take care when u r using it, otherwise i think its quite useful, can bring baby out to living room haha

i'm hving a CL - a local, intro by friend, but here the CL works fr 9am-7pm kind, so not staying with me, just cooking lor & taking care the baby. my mum will be here with me cos if not like quite alone like this.

hhmm seems its me to deliver 1st haha since mine is end Jun....

on baby shampoo recently there is a recall for J&J peach baby shampoo & gel, just abt few mths earlier in HK, so perhaps u might want to take note.

i've bought a swiss baby organic shampoo & bath for my baby think the brand is swiss babyorganics or something like this .... forgot

chiam: my labour process only took me 8 hours. the initial contraction was light, it won't bother u. but it's a warning sign to tell u that contraction has started. when i reached hospital, i was 6cm dilated. i was the first patient in the early morning.

as for massage, i din go to any massage outlet. mine was home based. she's good. since u r at yr last trimester, u can start yr massage.

when r u due? have fun with motherhood!

mamapig: i understand wat u mean by not comfortable having someone in yr house. my glad someone is helping out. don do it alone, it's not easy.

azurebaby: do let me noe if she is good, yr CL. i may consider engaging a local day instead of full time. sigh... hubby already thinking of having 2nd one when i'm not done with my 1st!!! he says no good to have one kid.

hahahaha.. bunny, at least your hubby wants a 2nd one. i told my hubby i want 2, and he said "huh???? let's try to survive with this first one first!!" LOL!
happy.gif

i think i am may be the last in this thread leh. EDD 19 Nov.

BB (imac), you are really brave. For me, I dun dare to take even a sip of tea or coffee though I do got simulated with the coffee aroma.

About bb's clothes, I have received so many from my relatives (new and hand-down ones). Now I have to clear my cupboards to make way for bb's clothes. My gosh!

I'm be doing my baby website soon. Will be sharing with you ladies once it's completed.
happy.gif

Hi bunny,
I'm due in mid aug. Hmm... that makes me 2nd position after azurebaby. My boss is speculating that I'll be due in july coz his wife who is a gynae's nurse said so. Ha ha ha. I'm having a boy as my 1st child. My families are more excited than me coz they prefer boys to gals. What about you gals?

Like your hubby, my hubby is talking about having the 2nd one too. he wana has 3 kids to play westling with. goodness...

Just a sensitive question for all, are you all gona breastfeed. Does the breast size matters?
Mine has grown just 2 cup size till now but not sure if will have sufficient milk to breast feed.

chiam, I am going to breastfeed. i read that regardless of the size of our boobs, we can definitely produce milk one. just be patient. the 1st 3 days the breasts will produce something denser and brownish (which is very very good for the baby) and then by day 3, the milk will come in.
happy.gif

wow... see you MTBs already out shopping for BB stuffs.

Me not prepared to shop yet... Still very much shopping for my own thingys. Already not able to to put on few of my bottoms and bra... Sigh.

my EDD is 25/Dec.. but think will be a week or two earlier? thats what most people say.

mamapig,
i also intend to breastfeed. but just worried, no milk at then... hope to breastfeed at least 6mths. how about u?
i am thinking

hi Azurebaby,

u mean yr edd is June? then it's round e corner n u still be in HK?? then e CL is locally or HK? how much is e local CL (daytime only)? it's a gd idea n wonder if it's easy to get 1 fm s'pore (as have not heard of such services yet)..

oh, J&J recall ah..will look into it. thanks
happy.gif

hi Chiam,

so far scientifically, they study that not more than 2 or 3 cups b still acceptable..it's gd that u can control yr craving..for certain things, so long as we dun consumer daily n only for a sip or 2 just to satisfy e craving..it's gd as i know for some cravings, if i dun satisfy it, i'll be 'harbouring' it for long n heard that this is not gd either :p

i havent got a list of confirmed items passed-down as foc :p know for some things, frenz want to sell them as 2nd hand instead :p

so far, breasts is up by 1 size n some panties is out of question already..i oso wonder too
happy.gif
theoretically shld hv milk..heard that ppl like me with small breasts & once engorge, shld hv enough milk :p anyway, so long as u pump out e milk regularly, e supply will replenish on its own for sure
happy.gif

abt time that i need to go shopping ..i guess dept stores also selling for MTBs, rite (in addition to kiddypalace / mothercare & etc)??

but with H1N1, my colleagues been warning me to avoid crowded places as we've yet to get a confirm # of affected patients since it's so recent!!

my HB dun see so far as he does not have any 'ideal' #of kids..for me, mine is 4 :p ..keke..

so our

1st bb is Azure's (June) - boy or gal?
2nd is Chiam (July) - boy or gal?
3rd is me (Oct)?? - want to know e gender till delivery :p
happy.gif

4th is Mamapig (Nov)- gender: KIV?
5th is Jazkai Dec) - gender: KIV?

think most cases k due 1-2weeks earlir but recently with frenz just-on-time & a week delay..it depends .. lolx

hi BB, sry to confuse, me will be delivering in hk lor, the CL is local hk lady, who will be doing the cooking n stuffs lor, but abit pricy i feel its 2.5k ++ sgd for a mth
ya do ck out the J&J Peach baby wash & also J&J baby lotion - there was a recall some mths back i think in Feb/Mar 09.

oh yah so to start the ball rolling:
azure EDD June Baby Boy
happy.gif

hey just a question, anyone of u will be banking in the cord blood? or intending to? duno if its really useful - will appreciate some thought

Back