First time mum-to-be in their 30s

I've edited my profile to enable function to receive Private Messages
happy.gif

Hello Ladies again!

So we are thinking Cedele at Wheelock for this Friday 21/08 at 1230 noon.

Just look out for the bellies!

Besides Ashmud, Ashley and me anyone else? BB ?

BB
My refresher is fun. I did manual in the dinosaur ages and now with auto, its a breeze. Good luck for your test!

Ashmud, I couldn't sleep...was too hungry! LOL! Was munching on blueberry bagel and cream cheese while surfing the web.

Looking forward to this friday's lunch!
happy.gif

hi Ashmud & Loh,
let me check my schedule on friday morning at office as i be working.

may be able to take a slightly longer lunch to meet you. of course can't be enjoying more than 2hrs..hee...

i sms u on that morning. can help to PM a reminder in case i forget on that morning?

tend to be absent-minded easily
happy.gif

Hi Loh,

The lunch sounds fun but I need to check first. Still resting at home but trying to catch up on some work. Will let you know by tomorrow ok?

HI Ladies!

BB

your absent mindedness cant be tt bad? haha ... This together with forgetfulness is one of the 2 things I was so conscious about that I dont think it has affected me much ow I rely on my phone's calendar a lot! Hope you can make it, lunch is prolly abt 2 hrs or so before I struggle to keep awake! hehe

Elaine
Hopefully you can make it. You are not on bed rest are you?

Hi Ashley,

I hope you're sleeping better now! Try not to take long naps in the afternoon if it affects your normal sleeping pattern ;)

BB,
You must make it on Fri... tell your office you've urgent pregger cravings to attend to! haha

Elaine,
Hope to see you too if you're feeling ok!

Morning Ashmud, hahah....I dare not take afternoon naps for this very reason!

Hope to see more ladies joining us for lunch
happy.gif

Good morning Ladies!

HI Ashley!

I have a sleep problem too. I sleep too much! haha ... looking forward to catching up tmrw!

Hi Loh,

No I'm not on bed rest but doc was worried so he gave me a long stretch of hospitalisation leave since last week till tomorrow. Have been much better compared to last week.

Think I wun be able to join lunch tomorrow as I need to rush out a paper which I have procrastinated for the whole week. Let me know when there is another lunch gathering ok? Hope to meet with you ladies especially before some of you are due. My email is [email protected].

Take care ladies! Thanks for the concern.

btw I saw this bumwear cloth diaper that looks quite nice and handy. Have u heard anyone using this? I hope to use cloth diaper on my baby at least during the day.
http://www.bumwear.com/shopping/clothdiaper/pages/bw-photos.htm

Hi Elaine,

I've a gf who's using bumwear and she says it's very eco-friendly n convenient. Incidentally, I've just taken a brochure from their shop at United Sq today.

Retailing at $27 per pc and the lowest package is 4 bumwear with 10 inserts for abt $168... you can choose to combine newborn size (up to 8kg) with the regular ones.

I'm still not quite sure whether I'd be keen to use. Not so hot on the thought of washing poo-pooed diapers!!! :p

Thanks for the info Ashmud.

Ohh... that's quite expensive too. Ya... that's the only thing tt's holding me back. Will be tons of poo-pooed cloth diapers to wash everyday although lesser with bumwear.

Btw hope the lunch gathering was good. I have sent in my paper ... so I can finally look forward to weekend!

halo everyone,

disappointed that i couldn't make it for today's lunch.

however, hope that i can join all of you on the next one.

will there be one ASAP? next week? if all of you r mainly SAHMs n if u dun mind, k be nearer to TPY (say TPY or Novena), then i will not have much travelling time to spend on n easier to arrange to join you :p

btw, i'm lost. who's next? is it you, Loh? or me??

haha..absent-mindedness, i can. ever since i'm preggy, i kana assigned to take up a tedious project that is tremendously stressful with out-of-control (too many) things to handle / manage. so i allocated my most awakened memory for e project.

finally, over n now left with misc agendas to close it by next mth
happy.gif

oh, i seem to start awaken by e bb at night. ytd couldn't slept well n felt uncomfy in sleeps..terrible!! rolling into 8th mth pretty soon.

Hi ladies!

Lunch was good! Met up w Ashmud aka Flo and Ashley!

Elaine
Glad your paper is in.

BB
When are you starting maternity leave?

I should be next, am 36 weeks now...

I can do lunch again next week, how about the other ladies?

Yes, we'd a wonderful time at Cedele y/day! Nice leisurely lunch while it rained outside!

Definitely opting in for lunch again next week
happy.gif

Have a good weekend everyone!

halo ladies,
hope next week's org lunch be ON.. where do Loh & Ashmud stay? convenient for you to be ard TPY area? hope e rest of e gals here b convenient too..

Loh,
i dun intend to go maternity early. hope that bb will stay near to edd end-oct. will c how it goes n at e most a couple of days to rest before delivery.. it depends in e last mth.

hmm..wk 36, then better catch up w u as edd is so near now
happy.gif

elaine,
hope u r doing fine now. i might hv missed some updates earlir.. r u on bed-rest by gynae?

hi Loh,
ytd was e last session fm mrs wong's class. tmr's e doctor's talk at SCGS.

time flies..enjoyed her classes..haha..now sunday b free w/o any class..hmm..

perhaps i shld sign up for pre-natal exercise class. today suddenly feel lower backache..

it's always a few days comfy n e rest of e days uncomfy & sits alot..haiz...

hi Ashmud / Loh,

i've a company's activity on Friday afternoon n hv to leave ofc at 1pm.

so unavail on that day for lunch.

venue at Novena is fine. just that we have to fix e Day.

i'm thinking of getting half-day off on 3rd Sept. yet to confirm.

hi Ladies!

Hey BB just saw the thread. I miss you again! I was also at SCGS earlier!!

I guess we have officially graduated our parent craft class. I am not so sure about cleaning the umbilical cord! I really do get squeamish about this stuff!

Oh well ... hope to catch up soon. Mon and Wed, I finish yoga about 1+ might be too late for lunch. Thurs we have a regular preggers lunch unless you dont mind joining that. O/w I can only do lunch Tues and Fri at more humane hours.

hey Loh,
haha..i shld hv checked with you on ytd's last session talk
happy.gif

indeed, 'graduated'..haha...me a little cautious on cleaning e umbilical cord..most of us will tend to 'feel' more for e bb, as if it will cause pain, if we aren't v delicate :p

so i suppose 3rd Sept, thur, is e regular preggers lunch?? if so, if i k join on that day, i'll let you know.

take care..got to start working now
happy.gif
cheers

Hi BB,

I'm already back to work. Was ordered rest by doc last 2 weeks and feeling better until last fri. I prob walked too much without knowing when I went out to run some errands and decided to go out for dinner after 2 weeks of eating @ home.

Took an extra day rest on Mon and now on half day on-site and half day working from home for this week. Thank goodness my boss is very understanding.

Hei Loh & BB,
I was supposed to attend the doc's talk @ SCGS yest too! Could have meet u ladies but my hubby can't make it in the end so going for next talk instead. Hope talk was useful.

if you ladies meeting tom for long lunch near Novena, I prob can join you for a while. Trying not to walk too much these days =(

hi Elaine,

do take extra care. me now do not walk alot too unless necessary. only some form of basic walking in office. cos k get lower backache easily + tummy k suddenly get tightened up.

i wun b avail for lunch tmr. prob will check on next week's instead.

as for ytd's talk, e info is also avail fm mrs wong's books n magazines (that i read up fm mother & baby & others). were given a booklet w same set of info on presentation slides. did not find it v essential :p just that e (male) gynae was hilarious.

Hi ladies

Had a checkup today, baby not yet engaged, nothing dilated too ... starting next week it will be a weekly checkup till THE DAY!

Some how i feel THE DAY is much grander than the Wedding Day! strange though coz in most situation THE DAY only happen after Wedding Day but I feel THE DAY is more a turning point in life!

Elaine
I agree with BB the talk was nothing not already covered. IMHO, i value lessons 4 and 5 most out of the entire parent craft programme.

Hi ladies

Had a checkup today, baby not yet engaged, nothing dilated too ... starting next week it will be a weekly checkup till THE DAY!

Some how i feel THE DAY is much grander than the Wedding Day! strange though coz in most situation THE DAY only happen after Wedding Day but I feel THE DAY is more a turning point in life!

Elaine
I agree with BB the talk was nothing not already covered. IMHO, i value lessons 4 and 5 most out of the entire parent craft programme.

haha... somehow or rather, i share the same sentiment with Loh..

these 2 days, i've been experiencing the lower tummy with a pinch of pain. prob e bb is pressing on e nerves..

Whoa so excited for you, Loh! Are you gonna deliver @ TMC?

BB are you due soon too?

Do take extra care ladies and hope I can catch up with you ladies when I'm better. Prob I will feel more assured after my check next Fri.

Loh,
i don't. as of now at 31wks, it's still actively able to feel it often.

i know that soon to come, usually b lesser movements felt due to space limitation.

how's yr condition now? does yr gynae already ask u to start counting? how often is yr f/up now?

mine's starting with 2-3wkly n i make it 2wkly instead (easier). coming is on next Thur, 3rd/Sept & i intend to take afternoon leave so will there be a preggy lunch??
happy.gif

btw, i'm gg to Anmum's talk (at suntec later). wonder if any1 of u r also gg.

Hi Ladies

BB and I are thinking lunch this Friday 11/09. BB suggest Novena, I am quite flexible. Is anyone else available?

Good morning Ladies!

Great! We can do lunch at Novena. Not very familiar with this place, where can we eat?

Vni
Congrats! Seems to hv lots of boys this year!

halo everyone,

great! then we'll meet at Novena Square for lunch.

hmm..last round you ladies were taking cedele, right? then will skip it.

there are enough choices to choose from..just that i'm paiseh to say that i'm not confirmed if i'll be on leave on this Friday (instead) as of now. so just pre-alert that if i need to go back to office, i've only ard 2hrs to catchup with all of u face-to-face. u all k continue to enjoy. i'm glad to meet up to get to know you anyhow
happy.gif

1) there's a Secret Recipe at Basement, Square 2 (accessible from the MRT station).

2) Hans at Novena Sq, Level 1. (k b crowded n noisy for chit-chatting so personally don't think it's a suit choice).

this is what i k think of now :p

any1 has other suggestions?

oh hi V-Ni,

congrats!! n welcome to the Boys' Mums' Team :p
happy.gif

Loh,

indeed..after much kpo-ing since beginning of the yr, my conlusion is alot more boys in the Moo Moo's year :p

btw, any1 know which Lunar Elements (earth, metal or what??) of the MooMoo this yr is??

hi there!!

Me Boy's mum too!

There's also United Square where there're lotsa shops selling bb related stuff like bumwear.

There's Soup restaurant, Bakerzin etc...

Novena, other choices include Fish & Co, Lao Beijing n Ichiban Boshi.

Square 2: there's Pasta de Waraku too

Hi mummies,

If only I can join you ladies for lunch. It's ok, you ladies have fun! U might wanna go earlier though cos it's school holiday.

I'm also expecting a boy! =)

Elaine's right. school hols this week could be quite crowded at some areas..

Elaine, just curious. where's yr ofc location?

Ladies, I guess most importantly is for you who are not in a rush of time (except a need to go back to work thereafter), to find a suit place for sufficient time to makan n chat.

then k go to U Sq to shop for bb's stuff
happy.gif
i go there once a week as coll goes there to 'tuina'..

hi ladies,

1230pm is fine with me. So which makan place shld we go to?

lately i actually kind of like ice-cream & cakes :p

so how many are going as of now? - total of 4 of us...

* Loh
* myself
* ashmud
* v_ni

Hello there,

I'm back again. Been mia for a whole. Seems like u ladies have met up. So envious.

I'm really busy with looking after my baby. He's not well recently and been causing a lot of worries and sleepless night. Will share with u the joy and pain of post-pregnancy soon, i hope.

ILoh, you are in your 9th month. Time really flies. How are you?

BB (mac), have you prepared for your nursery? How's your pregnancy so far?

Talk to you gals soon

Good Day Ladies,

Ashmud / Loh / V_ni & Myself,Secret Recipe at Square 2, ok?

From the mrt station, there's a link to Sq 2 and it's just beside the escalator to L1, for those who may take mrt. If any1 has Diners Club, k enjoy e discounts.

Let me know any other suggestions insstead.

Anyone wants to join also welcome. Btw, i've not met any1 of you. Anyhow, our identity is Preggies!!
happy.gif

Hi Chiam,

Welcome back. We understand how tight up it will be. 1 by 1 will be undergoing yr stage :p

Oh, what has happened to the poor bb?

We look forward to your sharing of the joy n worries. God bless your bb n you!

I'm in the beginning of the 9th mth.

Experiencing typical Lower Backache (anyway already so randomly during a short while in 2nd Tri) so i need to take care of the back during confinement. Also to get use to switch positions every night to suit e bb n my body. If i please e bb's position, my body will 'complain'. If i lie on 1 side only, muscle aches. Also that bb has a tendency to move to the right side of the tummy, esp e head, n up to my right rib-cage. Will either get numb there or disturbing. Also that constipation is back. Terrible n has to rely on Dhactoluse prescribed by e gynae.

I'm told to monitor n keep maintaining the bb's weight as it drops slightly due to appetite affected (due to heartburn). So gotta keep taking Good Quality Food with Sufficient Vege, Meat & Milk! phew!!! Also told to have enough Rest / Sleep & w/o stress.

Also, starting to clear leaves so as to have enough sleep since everynight be disturbed. Prob next mth will start to get MC to rest at home to avoid premature loh (*-*)>

OK. Catch up with you mums soon
happy.gif
Looking forward.

Also will wait patiently for Chiam & Azurebaby's updates, altho can't meet up personally with you
happy.gif

hi V_Ni,
then no choice loh.. we c if any lunch on next week again :p

V_Ni, u can backtrack as there's a list of table, i think drawn up by Loh initially.

so it'll be Ashmud, Loh & myself. Loh did not online these few days. din get any msg fm her. shouldn't have delivered bah :p

Ashmud & Loh, so shall we fix tmr? u may also sms me. I be working n k still meet u for lunch at Novena area
happy.gif

awaiting here.

Hi Cindy

Ashmud and I will see you for lunch tmrw at Novena sq, Secret Recipe for 1230. My hp is currently dead. Will try to get my hands on a spare to stay in touch. Cya tmrw!

Cheers

hi loh & ashmud,
glad to finally meet both of you on last friday
happy.gif

Loh,
i look forward to yr update - 20th sept, reminder for yr bb :p

cheers..oh ya, yet to send photo to both of u..will do that asap, maybe tmr..i'm on mc these few days..resting at home..

chiam!

How are you? yea officially 39 weeks and 4 days. bb head is totally engaged, i am dilating, also had the show already ... looking forward to tmrw's checkup ...

drop us a line on your update soon!

stay well and I hope little baby is recovering fast!

Take care!

Hi all,

Just dropping by to see how everyone's doing? Been busy @ work so hardly logged on these days.

Chiam - hope your baby is better now
BB - I'm working near Raffles City. Rest well too!
I Loh - Whoa! Hang on and hope to hear news of your little one soon!
Ashmud - Hope u are doing fine!
& hi V_Ni

Hihi Elaine,

Understand. For me, I just finished off that tedious project assignment. Now left with backlog to clear n I hope to do so by end of this mth to enjoy e rest of the working days n in case slightly earlier delivery (altho EDD is End-Oct).

Planning on how to clear another 4days of AL that I can't c/f. Thinking of using it as rest days instead of MC as fren in HR said that there's a regulation in MOM that wef wk36 onwards, MC is not recognised n only M. leave is (unless e HR is unaware of it).

Time flies n gotta get back to work after these few days of hospitalisation leaves, at home
happy.gif

Do take it easy n not to let work drain you. This was what my boss told me when I 'feedback' to him on e difficult situation previously due to work stress.

Btw, when is yr EDD? BB Boy too? Did u previously shared here?

Loh is on stand-by this week
happy.gif
Maybe 1 of us have to take over e list for an update.

I finally managed to meet up with iLoh & Ashmud
happy.gif
Guess after iLoh, it'll be me then Ashmud. We were wondering who's e next player then :p

Back