Faint line or false positive?

clhl

Hi all, I'm new to this community and have just started my TTC journey. I was previously on oral birth control for 7 years and only came off early this year. Since then, I have suffered from post-pill amenorrhea and irregular cycles. My last cycle was 60 days long and I highly doubt I even ovulated. I started on Vitex Agnus Castus this cycle and am currently on CD28. I have no idea when to expect my period because of the irregularity since coming off the pill. This cycle, I did notice some ovulation symptoms around CD14 but never got a positive result on a OPK so no high hopes here.

Just last night (around 10-11DPO- just guessing) I decided to test on a whim using one of the many cheap HCG strips I have and got a faint line. Couldn't believe it so I tested on another stip + a stick just to make sure. The stick turned out super faint, even fainter than the strip which I wasn't expecting. I decided to wait till this morning to test on a stick again since they say first morning urine is best, but this morning's stick test came back equally faint as last night's.

Could I be using/reading the tests wrongly? Could they be evaporation lines? I would've thought that HCG would've increased significantly enough to show a difference in the morning. Looking at the strips alone I would've thought it's a clear positive, but the sticks are making me doubt everything.

e4676aa2-604c-4e2a-b6ed-8cffdea97915.jpg

The bottom most one was taken this morning.

Any comments or help is much appreciated! Thank you!!

Hi :)
Looks like a positive to me but I’d wait for another day or two to test again.
Based on experience, those cheap hcg test strips are able to detect much earlier than certain Brands such as guardian brand. Just based on my experience. Previously, when I was 11 dpo, guardian strip had no line while Watson and cheap hcg had faint line.

Hi :)
Looks like a positive to me but I’d wait for another day or two to test again.
Based on experience, those cheap hcg test strips are able to detect much earlier than certain Brands such as guardian brand. Just based on my experience. Previously, when I was 11 dpo, guardian strip had no line while Watson and cheap hcg had faint line.
Thanks for your reassuring comment! I just bought a clearblue kit and will wait a few days to test again. Honestly the wait is driving me crazy, I just can’t stop thinking (worrying) about it. Hopefully I will get a clear result soon.

Thanks for your reassuring comment! I just bought a clearblue kit and will wait a few days to test again. Honestly the wait is driving me crazy, I just can’t stop thinking (worrying) about it. Hopefully I will get a clear result soon.
Wishing you all the best! excited for you.

Back