EXERCISE: Get Rid of afterbirth flabby tummy

Koalarie

Any mommies ve any comments on what exercises to firm up the tummy? Mine if I hutch my back, I would see a lump out of my tummy... very ugly.

Tried rubbing and massaging... doesn't help much.

How long before to see it firm?

My girl is now 1 yr old.

aiyoh. mine no need to hutch my back, but stand straight already can see the lump. Previously when I was breastfeeding, the lump not so obvious and somemore can lose weight. After I stop bf (for 9 mths), I start putting on all the weight again. Now I sign up with Planet Fitness and trying to control my diet. Hopefully it helps.

JAva,

What sort of exercise do you do?

I am with California Fitness; they told me to run frequently and perform some situps to strengthen the tummy muscle.

I am sick to be told that I look like I am four/five months pregnant le.
kao_cry.gif

koalarie & java,
i also have the same problem, when you all sign up are you assign with a trainer so that you know what exercise to do? and how much they charge you for it?
for me worst, my boys are gg 16 months liao. previously i bf till 12 months, fat but not so bad, now tummy really sticking out like few months preg like that.
sad.gif

No. I didn't want a trainer. It is really crab after a friend of mine told me it is a waste of time for him.

I a bit worried... From size 38 now I am wearing at least size 42!

Can faint.

Haiz.

koalarie,
actually i wore a gridle when my boys are about 10 months to 12 months, my tummy is better. but now long time i dun wear such thing, my tummy like became bigger. sob sob.
what exercise can be done? sit up? running? How you decide what to do if no trainer? any reading material to recommend?
i have problem doing these 2 exercise and no time to do. sob sob.

Hi mummies,
I used to go to Amore for aerobics a long long time ago (when no baby yet). Now that i have a baby (8 mths) and flabby tummy (haha!), i'm planning to go back there again for some exercise. But i don't know where to put my baby. Any idea what to do?

Koalarie, we r in the same plight... 38 to 42
kao_cry.gif

Ah May, i heard that wearing girdle will actually push your fats to the wrong area ie. above waist where your band ends. is it true? a fren told me that corset is a better option. but in s'pore weather, corset can kill lor.

Ah may, I tried both grindle during my 3months maternity and corset after started work; yet, seems like not working much that I gave up after two/three months.

My husband who used to be training those army recruits in exercise, did mention that the only way to work the tummy muscle is to do sit-ups. jogging would definitely help to rid the fats faster.

Think, I am a little lazy and so wasn't persistent; there is always other things that come along the way.
kao_sticktongue.gif

Starz,
do you work? So, where do you frequent to get your clothes now? I tried to buy some clothes from CTC fashion in BP; yet I can't ever squeeze into the L size le!
kao_sad.gif

Alamak me too leh, yesterday went shopping tot of getting a dress for my frenz wedding as I'm one of the jiemei and she asks for white colour. OMG all the flabby fats become so visible and I feel I'm like preggie. V demoralising...I think I will be the fattest jiemei there.

Koalarie, I also tried once buying from CTC fashion. The seller told me can fit all the way to L but I still can't fit leh.

V sad lor...to think I still hv a couple of wedding to attend ahead..

HOW????

Yingzi,
that's the prob i've too.. and so now I normally buy long sleeved white blouses (those high ones) and then bigger pants (G2000 mostly) and wear. At least don't look so "round".
kao_sticktongue.gif

But I saw a lot of dresses nowadays. Very tempting to buy.

Aiya nice oso no choice, can't fit or if can fit wear oredy also not nice. Dunno how to slim back to pre-preg weight. I usually white black now, can camouflage and looks better I feel.

I face the same problem too..the tummy area bulge just doesn't seem to go away..sob sob. Anyone has miracle resolutions, please share!

Hi, can i join this discussion. i am also very sad..cos i am also size 42. i think last time i fit in size 34 or 36 or size M. now some XL pants i also cannot fit in. my bb is 10 months old...
sad.gif
i bfeed also but didnt help to reduce. now my breasts also sagging. anyone know hw to 'un-sag' them...

Looks like I am not alone in this.
I just given birth to my 2nd bb. After my 1st bb, I got back to my pre-preggie weight but I have a tummy, my waistline increased by 1.5 inches! My old clothes all feel tight ard the waist.
Now just 1 month after my delivery of my #2, if put on another 1.5" I think I'll drop dead.
I am also wondering what to do.
Basically, thinking of doing exercise to shed off the fats but I am not sure if the tummy will become what it was previously...
I was told that we need to do cardio to burn off the fats as we need to get rid of the fats covering the tummy area and then like Koalarie says sit-ups/crunches to strengthen tummy muscles.
Let's share our experience here in this thread...
Good luck to all of us.

i have a small pouch (those waist pouch) in front. and my waist is like 6 inches more than my previous waist. Okay, granted that this may not be the actual 'waist' but the place where the tummy is 'bulging the most' is 6 inches from my previous wasitline, ie at 32 inches!

how to get rid ? My girl is close to 2 months.

Will sit up really be able to get rid of the small pouch ? Do u guys have a pouch like me ? Sob..

Hi,

Me too! my son is 8mths old, me still cannot lose to pre-preg weight!
My fren did sit-ups untill muscles very tone, but after she stopped sometime, wah biang, her tummy become bigger & flabbier!

Me no time to do exercise, but b4 preg, i used to jog and tummy will become very flat.

hey mommies,

a good way to reduce flabby tummy, but need to be consistent and patience..

1. every night before sleep, when u lie on bed yet to fall asleep...use your palm to massage with acceptable pressure on your tummy in a circular clockwise motion. do this start from 30, then 40..gradual increase daily to your comfort. will c your tummy tighten.

2. if u are always in the office seating position..nothing better to do (hehe...sometimes work damn free mah). OR

driving waiting for green light..or even sitting in the toilet bowl...hehe do following..

use your 5 fingers to 'grab' your tummy fats, pinch let go pinch let go..for as long..this will also helps to reduct fats and tight tummy..

i tried before, did work but need to be patience.

anyone try, have result update here...

hello mommies

anyone tried osim slimming belt?
my gynae gave me one (not osim brand) after I delivered my first child. seems to work, tummy looked quite alright, just slightly rounder than before
2nd child I became lazy & didn't bother to use (too hot, not too comfortable) and ended up with a bulge on my tummy, sigh....

after 2 kids, my waist line increased by 3 inch
and I expanded from pre-prenancy size S to post-pregnancy L
and my younger girl is already 3 years old!

now I'm trying out small & frequent meals for the last 1 week. no oil, no spicy food, low salt diet. hopefully it helps, my hubby & beautician said I looked slightly slender

Oldmachdonald
on sagging breast, I noticed that too after bf my younger girl for 2 months. I didn't bf my elder girl so didn't have this problem. didn't realise bf will cause sagging

I use Clarins lotion to massage, helps a little lah. you may want to try, just approach Clarins counter & they can recommend

Hi all,
I am also concerned with losing inches off the waistline, any tips? Cos last time got abit curvy shape, now straight all the way from frontview & backview!

Hi Lee Yan,
Will take approximately how long to have effects?

Hi hippo2002,
Is it the vibrating type?
My fren tried, she said will flatten the tummy if used everyday, but stomach will be itchy. After stop using, tummy will come back.
Another fren said is not effective at all.

cherrie,

the first time i tried, done quite a while..and the next day felt bit different..of course not tremendously but could feel it..

u try, will help. anywhere just take it that u at the same times, exercise your arm muscles lor...flabby anot? hehe....

Hello everybody,
Have you tried yoga classes?? They say doing yoga continuously for 3mths can see the results.

Hello mummies,

Try jogging or treadmill ... follow by osim Uzap.
And wear the girdle for alternate day ... it works. But must do it regularly
happy.gif

Just to share. I've been doing 200 crunches a day since the birth of my 2nd bb 4mths ago. Now, not only i've lost all my pregnency weight, i've also got back my pre-pregnency size! All you need is perseverance .. Now that i've started working, i reduced to 50 crunches a day, cos no time to do . .

To add to my above sharing, i've heard from experts that the initial few months is easiest to lose weight (so must 'work super hard'), after that initial period, the fat hardens, hence, more effort is needed to get rid of them ..

Pinktweet, how long after delivery must we wait before we can start working on my tummy? I'm afraid the stitches might open.

Hi Stepford
Yours is natural birth or c-section? cos mine is natural birth, i started to do crunches from 4th day onwards .. have asked doc before that, she says ok, as long as i dun feel any pain .. i think for c-section, may have to wait for wound to heal first, cos as what u say, afraid stitches might open .. maybe can check with your doc how soon can u do tummy exercises ..

Also, do crunches, NOT sit-ups, cos sit-ups will hurt our back . . crunches are more effective than sit-ups too .. u can feel the squeeze and the tightening of your tummy when u 'crunch-up'

Wow pinktweet,
200 crunches a day. I think I'll die before i reach 100...hahaha. I salute u!!! I dun have a very visible paunch. Juz an overall increase everywhere *sob* *sob* Last time wear size 38 still loose, now size 40 juz nice. so sad!!!

hi pinktweet

pls pordon me for this silly qns... juz wat is the difference between crunches & sit-ups? Crunches mean u lay on back & do sit up till half way instead of the full body up? abit confused lah. tx.

Hi motherof2
Your question is not silly .. My friend also ask me what's the difference and i've to demo for her .. Ya, crunches is 'half-way' while sit-ups is 'full body up' .. yes, u lay on your back with your knee bended .. for sit-ups, u can feel backpain after doing many times.. but for crunches, u can feel a thightening of your tummy mucles after doing many times .. I think guys who have gone through army should know crunches, can ask your DH to demostrate to you.

Hi freshpoison77
I didn't do 200 at one go lah .. i do 50 at a time .. ie. 4 times of 50, totalled 200 .. very siong to do 200 at one go .. also, if u do only 50 at one go, you can better concentrate at each crunch .. ie. when u crunch up, u pause for about 2 seconds before u revert to your original position.

Hi Koalarie,

you can try doing abdominal firming exercises such as crunches and reverse sit ups, and balance this with a cardio workout (eg: 20 minutes of run at least 3 times a week) and a balanced diet low in saturated fats.

any one tried apple vinger to reduce weight? i heard it helps but i am still taking it, i so happned to lose 1 kg so dun know if they are related.

My baby girl is already 12 months but I am still having a very flabby tummy.
I took 2 meso sessions and doc said the left over is saggy skin.
Any suggestions?
sad.gif

Hi hi, yes i find the meso sessions effective. But then like wat doc told me, different people may or may not react to the mixture.
Mine is 200 per session.

I've given birth 2 mths ago and there's a bulge at my tummy area which looks like a waist pouch. It does not feel flabby, so I wonder if that is my womb or tummy muscle that was dislocated during pregnancy? It's looks quite funny and obvious as I'm almost back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Help!!! Any idea if it will disappear/reduce with exercise?

hi LifeIsGreat,

I also give birth 2 months ago. My tummy area also looks like a waist pouch and does not feel flabby too. I am those very skinny type except the tummy area and look very ugly now. So I also wonder if that is my womb or tummy muscle that was dislocated.

By the way, does your tummy area reduce abit already? If so,can you please share your method of reducing the tummy? Do you know finally is your womb or tummy muscle that was dislocated? I think I really have the same condition as you.

anyone tried ebene tummy wrap? i bought from gaurdian, $89. no miracle results, i think it worked a little for me.

Hi Engela, the bulge reduced after 3-4mths. I think that is our womb, cos it sort of shrink further after I have abit of menses/lochia. It is still flabby now, but not as weird looking as a waist pouch. I'm quite slim too, maybe this only happens to slender women. Continue to breastfeed if you are still breastfeeding now, cos I think it helps to shrink the womb.

Now my headache is sagging skin, do you have it too?

hi LifeIsGreat,

my bb now is on formula milk. So breastfeeding will not be my choice to slim down. Did you do any exercise or wear corset or massage to slim it down? One thing strange is I cut down my diet, the tummy seems to be reduced alittle. So, I suspect it is fat.

By the way, after how long after delivery you have menses? Till now (3 months already), I still dont have menses.

For sagging skin, I have only a little cos most of the tummy are still filled. I think it will slowly become better by doing exercise or massage.

hi ladies
i was in the same situation as most of you here. during my boy's 1YO party, people even commented am i preggie again! so sad =(

untill i used a hand held spa gadget. amazing result! the best part is i dont need to run like hell or do sit up or crunches. hates exercising since my school days haha. i personally saw the result in 1 months time and my friends saw it. now they too have flat tummies! 1 lady achieve her flat tummy in just 7 spa treatments!

if you really want to get rid of your flabby tummy for good, do PM me or i can organise a spa party at my place. btw, this wonderful gadget can reduce butterfly arm and thigh size too. *wink*

Rachel,
What is this amazing hand held spa gadget? Expecting #1 end Jul, and think will have problem reducing tummy fats too.. Might as well get the HB to buy me the spa gadget now. Heh.

Thanks!

Back