Epidural C section anyone ?

So far any mummies opt for epi c-section n stay in 1 bedded @ mt a, care to tell how much is ur bill size u haf to pay in cash after medisave?

Hi mummies

I had epi c sec last year when delivered my gal,im pregnant again and thinking epi c sec again or GA tis time round? Im abit afraid of the injection on my back and the side effect of shivering...

can someone tell me how's GA procedure like? If mummies who r delivering 2nd time like me,which 1 u choose?

Hi Viki,

I just delivered on the 15th of March 07 at MAH via epi c-section. i am staying at 1-bedded room for 3 days and hubby accompany. my total bill came up to abt 5.5k and medisave deductible abt $3,050 so i pay cash of about 2.5k.

Hope this is useful for you.

Hi mother_of_2,

I had 2 c-section, total knock out. Nurses tap on my face to wake me up after i've rested in the OT. Woke up and throat felt very dry. This time round, i'm opting for c-section wif epi. Didnt know there was c-section wif epi otherwise wld have gone for it previously.

Hi Freda,

the 2.5k is excluding your gynae's fee right?

Hi mother_of_2,

I had epi c-section like you 2 yrs ago... If i have a choice... I will choose GA procedure...
happy.gif

With best regards,
Kelly

Hi Kelly,

May i know why u choose GA for c-sec since most mummies opt for epidural c-sec. I am taking the GA c-sec mst prob as i think i am not brave enough to see myself cut, scared of side-effects and i think GA is cheaper than epidural.

I think epidural c-scection is pretty scary. Would prefer GA but my gynae told me epidural c-section is better so I choose that.

Anyway GA or epidural c-section..both are scary!

Hi soho,

I myself have gone through emergency epid c-section. You will know the whole process of the gynae cutting/stitching you up. BUT the good thing about it is that you can straight away 'bond' with your bb once he/she is pops.
happy.gif

Good thing about GA is that you won't feel scare as you don't know anything as you are totally 'knocked' out. BUT you won't get to 'bond' with your bb...the nurse maybe would be the one who bond with your bb first (experience shared by my sil).

My 2nd one is coming soon...I am in the dilemma as in whether to choose GA or epi c-section. I really have the fear of going through the whole process of me getting cut/stitch up when i am still conscious. What happened if the epid is not 'strong' enough and I would still feel the pain when they stitch me up?!! OMG! I really scare of pain!!

I had GA c-section (planned) and according to my family, I was out maybe an hr plus after my bb girl. So by the time she was bathed and clothed, I could see and hold her.. don't think there's any lack of bonding now
happy.gif

I wanted to BF so I had explicitly told them to not give her any formula milk though in case it was to long... and to wait for me to BF her when I came out.

Ai @ http://www.sakuraharuka.com

Would still prefer Epi c sec cos baby won't be groggy and no drugs inside.
Milk can flow quicker too, was able to be within 1 hr after they clean him up.
The total bill with 1 single bedded in tmc comes up to 12k before subsidy at tmc
Quite ex, definitely more than natural since need to stay 1 extra day (3days in total)

Put in the binder right after the op by the nurse, make sure it's tight cos it keeps the wound and muscles intact and lessen the pain
They will make u walk on the 2nd day or before u can discharge
1st step off the bed really damn painful, 2nd time and next will be better
Try to rest and stay in bed as much as better that's why they recommend 3 days ward stay
Once u get home can hardly stay still so better rest as much to get wound heal.

Back