[Enquiry]Milk Quantity & Duration

edwardtan

Hello!
I would like to enquire about the milk quantity and duration at which my baby is taking.

He is born 1 day shy of EDD, at 3.7kg.
Both PD and Gyne mentioned giant baby tends to drink more.

Now is he in his week 4, and his milk quantity is at around 110ml, with duration of
-breast milk (2 hours apart)
-formula milk (2 hours & 30 mins apart)
(There was once in week 3 he was able to finish 140ml, burp, poo without issue).

However, starting yesterday, he has been showing those hungry signs around 1 hour & 30 mins since his last feed.

I am thinking of increasing the quantity to 120ml/130ml.

I understand it's baby-to-baby difference, however does any mummy or daddy experience similar situation(drinking higher milk quantity) before?

Appreciate it in advance.

Thank you,
Edward

Last edited:
Hello,

My baby is a hungry baby. I usually follow the instruction on my milk formula.
but if he shows signs of hunger, i will him a little bit more.

As per link above, it maybe due to growth spurts in baby.
Hello!
I would like to enquire about the milk quantity and duration at which my baby is taking.

He is born 1 day shy of EDD, at 3.7kg.
Both PD and Gyne mentioned giant baby tends to drink more.

Now is he in his week 4, and his milk quantity is at around 110ml, with duration of
-breast milk (2 hours apart)
-formula milk (2 hours & 30 mins apart)
(There was once in week 3 he was able to finish 140ml, burp, poo without issue).

However, starting yesterday, he has been showing those hungry signs around 1 hour & 30 mins since his last feed.

I am thinking of increasing the quantity to 120ml/130ml.

I understand it's baby-to-baby difference, however does any mummy or daddy experience similar situation(drinking higher milk quantity) before?

Appreciate it in advance.

Thank you,
Edward

Back