Endometriosis

Hi all.. I have endo too. In fact, I found out I had it when I was 21. I had a laparoscopy done at that time. I stopped all medication after my painful periods just refused to stop. It was depressing when my weight shot up because of Lucrin. :-s Anyway, I just got married in March this year. I decided to go for a check up and my gynae found 2 cysts..one in my right ovary and the other in my left. I had another laparoscopy done in April this year and my gynae managed to remove the cysts. One of them was already 6by4cm! Sadly though, she found a fibroid outside my womb. She said it won't affect my chances of conceiving though.

Now I'm desperately trying to conceive.I love children so much and so does my husband. It so breaks my heart when I get my periods. I don't even care about the menstrual cramps anymore. *sigh* :-s Everybody tells me to relax and enjoy etc first.. but how can I relax when I know I may not be able to have a child? I will only relax when I know I can have a child.. and the only way to do that is to get pregnant and have a child! They just don't understand my fear and the desperation I feel. :-s

Btw, twinsmummy.. share your tip with me also ley. Heh. :-D

ladies,
I jst went for a laprascopy to remove cyst and endo and fibroids.
Doc ask me to take six mths of injection to remove endo. My doc uses injection call Zoladex. I read from internet that the side effect of Zoladex causes headache which i think I am having now. Anyone have similar expereince in using Zoladex or Lucrin, etc?

Did your endo stop after 6mths injection or it comes back?
If you mangaged to concieved, how long was it after you stop your endo jab?

Hi

I had very serious endo. Went for laprotomy ops 2003 and another 2008.

For both op, never had any jabs thereafter. Removed my left ovary and fallopian tube during the 2nd surgery. :-( thought can never ever be a mummy. remaining right side also slightly damaged.

Managed to conceive naturally in 2009.My little princess is already 9 mths old. Expecting my 2nd one now, EDD Dec. Don't give up. Miracles do happen!

Nurse back yr health. It will enable yr body to function the way it should.

Hi All,

I know this thread has been inactive for quite some time. But I just need some advice from the ladies here. I'm 24, not married, so I'm not trying for babies yet, but I really need help.

I just had open surgery 2 weeks ago to remove three ovarian blood cysts altogether from both sides (My gynae tried key-hole but it was unsuccessful as he told me my cysts was stuck to the womb). I also had cauterization (washing of the womb) to remove polyps and burn some growth as it was suspected to cause my intermentrual bleeding in the past.

Now he advise me to take a jab for each month for the next three months where I will be in a fake-menopause state so as to clear up remaining blood inside and also consider after the three months to be on oral contraception for a few years until I get married and want to have a baby.

Can ladies who have this condition advise if this is a good direction to take? I actually really don't wish to be on contraception for the rest of my life.

I'm also thinking of seeking a second opinion and at the same time find another gynae as my current gynae is in Thomson and since my condition is a long-term condition, it will be very expensive down the road. So is there any good gynae that you all can recommend for dealing with this condition and also not so expensive?

Hi keroppi, have you ever consider taking good quality health supplements instead? My MIL who has 2nd stage breastcancer is taking tegreen and reishimax as a long term supplement to help her revent relapse. I gave her these after I found out that these two together work synergisticaly to reduce the cancer cells as well as reduce their migration(clinical studies done on mice). Rather than taking some contraception for life, taking these foods products gives me a better option and much safer.

Hi starry, thanks for your recommendation. I will take it into consideration because I really don't wish to be on contraception for life. =)

Hi ladies,

I am married almost 7 years. Yearning badly wanting to have children. Thus, went thru checkups after checkups such as HSG for blockage of fallopian tubes- clear, no ovulation-taken clomid tablet to assist in ovulation, no good news, diagnosed have PCOS 3yrs back- taken metformin to clear the cysts, Start my 5 cycles of SO-IUI & IUI- not succesful, went to TCM to "tiao" my body-not bad,have bad menstrual cramps since last year June-diagnosed having endo- continue TCM, hopefully to clear, recently went thru checkup to see whether endo condition improve- somehow worsen... gynae suggest to laprascopy right away. Will be going for 2nd opinion within this week..

I m really devasted. i know i may not be the worst lot but it was really one after another never-ending "suprises"... i m trying very hard to stay strong..

Sunny day

Your story reminded me of my own. I took 5 yrs to conceive my first and I too suffered from endo. For five yrs I have undergone numerous tests, went to a few Tcm physicians and western docs n taken countless medications. I also did iui. Just sharing my personal exp, think stress plays a big part. The moment I "gave up trying" and decided to rest for a few months before going for ivf, I got pregnant. I was planning to go for a long overseas trip and was happily planning for it when I got preg. I guess that month I felt less uptight about ttc and it might have helped...

I think it's gd to seek 2nd opinion cos I went to see a particular Tcm physician who recommended me a gynae. This gynae told me to go for laparoscopy straight away. I went back to the same tcm physician, she told me she can't help my case. But I'm glad I did not go for laparscopy for my case. Costs is one thing but at that point, I don't believe I need it. So I went to another Tcm physician and keep on trying... I'm not sure that's for you...

I know it's not easy for you but the end will be worth it... Hang in there. Can also try to improve our diet n exercise more. The months before i got preg, I was eating very healthily n exercise at least 3 times a week,,.. Just my 2 cents.

Hi!

Anyone has recommandation for good gynae?
I done laparoscopy in Feb 2012 for removal of cyst in my ovaries, size 2.8cm on right, 5cm on the left. Doc was Dr Han How Chuan. Was diagnoised with Endometriosis.

Went for 2nd scan in Aug 2012. Found 2.5cm and 2.3cm cyst in my left and right ovaries again. =(
Went to TCM. Took half yr med.

Recently went for another scan at Thomson Woman's clinic. Doc was Dr Woo Bit Wah. Scan result was there is no cyst. Was very surprised. Dr Woo said I came wrong timing. Was 5th day of menus. Thus cannot see clearly if those are eggs or cyst. From his experiences, most likely are eggs. He told me to go back in another 6 mths. But I do not feel safe.

I want to seek a 3rd opinion to confirm. Thus need recommandation. Can anyone help?? Pls email to [email protected] as I seldom come to this forum. Thank You so much!

Hi noscon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with mi. I went thru KKH for scan to confirm.. 2 cysts measuring 5 cm & 3 cm respectively on my right ovaries. Was still continuing TCM, she recommended mi her gynea at Mt E, he will ask mi to go thru the same scan in few months time to confirm this time, 1st of all, whether is that the real cysts we have diagnosed & 2nd, whether it is growing or diminishing.. meanwhile i will be still continue to take TCM to help my condition..

I m not sure whether i m in the right direction, but hopefully This time, my gynea at MT E will be my saviour...

Anyone able to share what are the procedures that gynae will do before confirming to perform laparoscopy surgery? My gynae suspected that I may have some cysts and fallopian tube blockage and had advised me to do laparoscopy. I read over here and at google that usually laparoscopy is done after few procedures such as scanning or ultrasound etc to determine size, type before deciding if laparoscopy is necessary. Is the term laparoscopy inclusive of these procedures or it meant strictly on the surgery?

And how much does the surgery cost if done at private? And can I claim insurance?

Hi Chocolat, laparascopy are good to clear endometriosis,etc..followed by hsg...then chances to conceive is very high within the 6months of hsg. I went through that, to clear all these blockages.

Hi Renewal, thanks for info. If laparoscopy is good for endometriosis, so meaning gynae has to do some checks to find out what type of cyst i have? What are the procedures and can it tell just by scanning? How much did you pay for laparoscopy?

Reason of asking is that my gynae before scanning, already told me he suspected its endo n str8 advise me to do laparoscopy based on the symptoms i shared with him. After which he perform a scan n saw some cysts but din tell me the size and what type. Next thing is he asked me to return to see him again when I'm ready for the surgery in another 1 or 2 months. So I wonder if I'm missing out any procedures. He is one of those highly recommended gynae in fertility but I'm wondering if there's a need for 2nd opinion.

Hi chocolat,endometriosis and adenomyosis can only be seen via laparoscopy. Ultrasound only able to detect cyst and fibroids. At that lap done last time, my gynae dr peter chew removed fibroid, endometriosis but can't removed adenomyosis cos it is adhesion to my stomach womb lining...

About $5k with him cos need to be on gnrh hormone jab, followed by hsg. Then, got pregnant but ectopic. Went in to remove ectopic cells, injected with mtx chemo and hsg...another $5k.

After hsg, get pregnant on 2nd day of trying, cos after ectopic i drink brew black chick essence weekly to strengthen womb and up protein level. I decline ivf...i want to try natural...

Seriously, if all this medical intervention and ivf fails, you better give a last shot to try -ve ion methods...cause all necessary required checks has been done...so, go for one more ladt avenue..it must be our internal system goes haywire...there are case who get conceived by this last resort..i just let you know of this avenue..that many has conveniently push away...

Chocolat, I saw u in the TTC for 2nd one. I agree with renewal that have to strengthen our body before trying . I have adeyomosis n endometriosis plus two small cysts. Went thru lap n conceive after that . But miscarriage twice before going on to have my baby.

Now I wan to try again . But discover a 5.5cm hamerriod cyst, I very sian. Hopefully by using TCM can help to disselove it. Now also dunno wat to do except to see gynae next week.

Chocolat, do try all other methods before going for lap. Last time is cos I experienced very painful Mense. This time round dun have much feeling except bloated n swell in abdominal.

Hi Sunbelle,

I m doing fine.. at least past few months no pain during my menses.. I will be going thru the same scan with my Mt E gynea in mid-May.. to confirm & perhaps decide which route i would consider..

Hmm.. have u confirm on ur condition already? Always good to get a 2nd opinion.. dun get disheartened yet.. let's Gambatei, ok?

Yes, sunbelle. I have endometriosis, adenomyosis and 3 fibroids to a size of my womb, thus, dr chew did lap to remove fibroid and a bit of endometriosis...total spent fron 1st lap, ectopic to natural conception and ceaserian about $30k ( incl hospital, hormone jabs, chemo jabs, etc etc,..almost similar to ivf,..

hi sunnday, good to hear that u have no pain. yeah for me, not yet, now jus went to see TCM and hope the cyst go away and I can get preggie fast before 40.
happy.gif
let's jia you together...

hi renewal, yes , same as u mi too have endo and adeyo and also cysts...yeah u do spend a lot but for the sake of a kid is all worth it leh....

Hi ladies,

I have endo too, but i dont have painful periods. i did a lap last nov to remove it. Previously was not known that i have this problem. I have a daughter coming to 4 yrs old. We have been trying for a 2nd one coming to 2.5 years. So probably i could have already had endo before my girl. If that's the case, she's my miracle baby
happy.gif
It didnt take me a long time to conceive her too. ttc for only 2 months and jackpot. :p

Im currently waiting for my ivf cycle. Hope i can give her a sibling(s) soon. jia you everyone!

Hi Sunbelle, i gave birth at 39 natural conception..last year gynae check shows paraovarian cyst, small size fibroids, endometriosis and adenomyosis definitely. I din go ahead with anymore checks cos i can't cope with its health stress keep worrying till my eczema flares.,.so, now i use -ve ion clothing to "tiao" my internal system as the consultant said her fibroid and endometriosis,cyst cleared by wearing it...i hope it will.

For sure, after i wear its -ve ion clothing and its related product..my eczema had all clearef up..no more painful menses..

I don't go to tcm for health problem cos it doesn't clear my eczema back then when i gave tcm chances to tiao me,..secondly, any operations we still will go to surgeon...

Anyone who had painful menses or profuse bleeding, you can quickly drink 1-2btls of brands chicken essence for fast pain relieve and reduce bleeding..my pte gynae told me last time..

If you are injected with lucrin depot gnrh for fibroids,endometriosis and adenomyosis..your menses pain are definitely reduced for at least 5years..i had gnrh hormone jab at year 2005,.no pain until last year...where paraovarian cyst was discovered along with the rest mentioned...now, pain not that bad or not of major complain since using -ve ion,..hopefully it is helping me...no one knows.,.like what my family doc says..if no reaction, can safely continue to use cos it is not eating orally...

Sunbelle, I'm currently still ttc for first one. Been trying for almost 1 yr but still no news. Last month I had backache, giddy, nausea, frequent urination, sore breast bla bla bla n tot I had hit the jackpot. But disappointed when saw af came subsequently. My gynae told me it could be endo since both pregnancy n endo symptoms are similar. I'm not sure if I should wait to take more test or str8 away proceed with lap as hb felt more $$ n time will go to wasted if result is the same. I'm turning 35 soon so hope to conceive asap. My gynae seem to be quite highly recommended so hb told me should have faith in him.

Jiayou, eveyone. Include prayer, and try other alternative if your current method doesn't yield results..my womb was retroverted, fibroids,adenomyosis,endometriosis and yet i still manage to conceive naturally...try the methods i suggested above if you are too tired with your current treatment which doesn't yield result....i went to phor khar see temple to pray and chant dabeizhou back then...if you are buddhist,you can try to learnt chant also...my conditions was against me , yet i got conceived...so, can you...my best wishes to all

MIracle,

Jia you
happy.gif

yeah I oso have lots of frens whom went for ivf. hope to hear good news from u. remember to rest more and relax.

Renewal : thank you so much for your inspirational story of giving birth at 39. my collegue got preggie at age 42 that gave me inspiration too. yeah what is -ve ion huh? wat is that huh? for wat purpose?

I strongly feel tat lots of ladies are vexed by endo, cysts, fibroids and adeyomosis but no where to vent their frustations in. yeah really hope thru this forum can have more people to express their tots and methods

I'm currently taking bazhen and Longan with red dates. Hope these 2 sufficient to prepare my body. Read somewhere n they said royal jellies is good for ttc too. Not sure if can be taken together. Scared intake too many then body cannot digest.

Please stop bazhen, baifoongwan, benedict dom,yomeishu,primrose oil if you have endometriosis and adenomyosis. My gynae told me cos it has an ingredient that stimulates the growth more...

http://www.summit-int.com.sg/item/index.html

I am a new user to this product but it has helped me..

Their girdle from what i know will help to relift our womb drop due to many operations, miscarriages, pregnancy, gravity push,etc. For men's girdle, will help correct its premature ejaculation, sperms counts,backache,vitality..heard from the speaker got cases of airline staff got conceived by wearing it to relift their womb,..gravity has pushed their womb due to frequent air travel pressure,

Chocolat,

Royal jelly is not suitable for those with cysts, so would be better not to start on it..

Agree with min. There are many things that we cannot eat,if we have these conditions, it stimulates more growth. Check with your gynae first.

Agree with both renewal n mint . Dong GUI laggi worse cos it adds on to endo. So most herb wine contain dong GUI, so we cannot take.

Renewal : jus to ask you whether the infra red machine issit the one that TCM use on us during acupuncture huh?

My gynae ever told me, supplements like primrose oil helpsfor breast but not for endometriosis, fibroids..many which for up but not for down and vice versa...due to progesterone and estrogen effect...if on ceaserian or right after delivery,don't eat big amount of black fungus cause it dilates blood flow too much that his patient was rushed to hospital again to stop bleeding..
My cardio says,ginseng can be taken before conception but once pregnant, not advisable because of its stimulant effect no good to baby and mother, rising up blood pressure unnecessarily

Hi Sunbelle, i don't go for tcm except that few times for eczema. So, i dunno what tcm uses.

I bought the -ve ion far infrared mattress from Summit website link above, to sleep everyday...my health improves from sleeping on it...comes with single or queen size, foldable portablr can bring anywhere everywhere to use by anyone...this mattress place above our own mattress and there is no way, we will not use it...we sleep on it everynight,hence get charged and repair by its -ve ion with far infrared rays...

http://www.summit-int.com.sg/item/lilydream.html

This is the mattress i bought from Summit International, where my whole family share to use everyday. It is a life saviour to many of my illnesses as i stop hypertension and bad cholesterol medicine already. I am completely off steroid from chronic eczema..from a sceptical user, i have now trust the product...

http://www.summit-int.com.sg/item/bonvolant.html#

The socks that helped me back to walking again this year, and get back my quality of life. Recirculate my blood circulation to full healing, via its compress and decompress function.

I was struck with rare type chronic eczema last year,that I could not walk, could not grip nor wash face..outsiders looked at me like a monster with eczema from top to soles of my feet.

The joy of walking and holding things again..now, i finally emphatises how a person with disability to walk feels on their feet, strong tension,numbness,swollen,lose sensation physically..emotionally, feel handicap and a burden to others..

Woah, din know bazhen is bad for those with cyst. Maybe that's the cause of me feeling so sick during last cycle when that's my 2nd month taking. But longan tea should be fine rite?

Renewal, hope you r coping well with ur health. I was introduced to those ion products years b4 but they r very costly. Maybe will look into it n get for my folks.

Chocolat,good that you open your mind to know about -ve ion,,strongly advise you to get those with far infrared rays combine with -ve ion, the same brand as mine..not costly actually...to regain your health again.

I spent a bomb whole of last year from natskinctr,hospitals, oral supplements,moisturisers,etc,sufferings , end up this cheaper alternative non oral non steroid that get me back to health...cost can't be measure when health is priceless...(speak from own experience).

there are too many diff brand with too many diff types of stones,etc,etc adding in and these are very complicated, making it too costly.

SUMMIT brand is simple and effective. Feel free to let me know if you want to see actual product to test...do your marketing research properly amongst many diff brands...get from those that able to share with you real testimonies...not those , through mouths of mouths...

Chocolat, please drop bazhen from your list. Take vit b (neurobion) , brew black kampung chicken essence weekly, eat kampung black chicken egg...these are good enough to help you than all other sorts of oral supplements...don't over exercise end up push womb gravity down...

Thanks Renewal for ur advice. What ingredients for the black chicken essence? Someone mentioned dong gui is bad also. You have the list to brew? Do we have black chicken eggs here? Paiseh coz no market near my place so usually shop at supermarkets only.

Back