Endometriosis

anggie

Ginger tea will be a bit burning... what i did was to buy a piece of ginger, cut off a bit, crashed it with a chopper, dump it into a pot(with abt 2 bowls of water) add some black suger for sweetness. Boil it for abt 10mins or till it boils. then drink it while its hot.... sipping it...

I also got very bad gas pain 2 nights ago and too bad no ginger in the house. Do you feel better after drinking the tea? any gas come out either thru burping or farting? People who just gave birth will eat plenty of ginger to get rid of wind in their stomach...

yeah it will be great to hear of other ways to relieve the bloatedness and gas.

hi noscon
yes last night my mum boiled some for me. so i've tried instant one & fresh one, but still feel the same. no gas came out.
now everytime i want to eat or drink (even just abit) also scare. it makes me feel bloated with discomfort/pain & thus adds on to my already current daily cramps.
but i still have to try & take a few bits before going to work otherwise no energy to handle the kids.
any idea if taking those preserved ginger will help. tot of trying but right now no time to go & look for it.

anggie

i have no experience with preserved ginger. sorry about your pain....

ladies
if anyone has cysts or fibroids, pls restrain from eating chicken as there is some protein or stuff that these feeds on. I'm not sure whether restraining from eating chicken will help endo...

PLEASE ADVISE

I have undergone a diagnostic laproscopy at KKH one month back to see whether fallopian tubes are blocked or check any other condition which is hindering my conception.I had a miscarriage also a couple of years back.But during lap my gynaec found out that i have moderate endometriosis.Growth is outisde the uterus.She has prescribed me injection Leuprorelin acetate depot which i will be taking next week.Doctor has mentioned there can be side effects.I am really worried.Is there anyone who has taken this injection.If anybody has experience please
share.

Hi Rashmi,

I aso went for a laproscopy at KKH during in yr of 02/2006 by Dr Han How Chuan. Btw, which doc did u go to in KKH? Why did u hv undergone the laproscopy in KKH?

For myself, i've been having menses cramp for many yrs ago which made me to see GP clinic & then, they refer me to go KKH for scanning & etc. That's where i came across by this doc & said that i got endometriosis & had done the day surgery by him. At the 1st beginning for the few mths, i dun hv the systoms of having the menses cramp b4 after the 6mths. I've forgotten if i've got the temp stopped injection by him aso. But nw, seems like i still got the cramp back again. Haizz...

Hello Hello,

I m new on this thread and have been reading all the useful information for endo and fibroid.

This has been a tough week, I having done a ultrasound and found a fibroid in the uterus and a unknown adexnal overian mass at my right ovary.Further to add on, I hve been suspected of severe endo by a lady sinseh at JE. Sigh sigh, as i am veri gan cheong and going to seek 2nd/3rd opinion by a gynae at TMC and a Dr CC (recommended by the JE sinseh) on Monday. My family has been encouraging me to go for lap to clear the old desposits but after reading the threads I was wondering if i shld go thru it at all.

Wonder if endo can be cured naturally thru diet and tcm treatment?

Dear Simp

U mind to email me ([email protected])on the endo receipes.

Tot no harm trying at all as I m now on vegeterian and try to take organic vege whenever possible.

hi, i'm under Prof. CC also. detected fibroids n endo by the JE sinseh, and confirm by prof. CC. his skill is gd, and he found another bigger one (4cm) fibroids during the op that is not found in his ultrascan. after op by him last year, i'm preg now
happy.gif
he did mentioned for my case i should avoid evening prirose oil & soya product. good luck!

correct me if wrong, ladies
happy.gif
fibroids is a muscle lumps grow between our womb n body. normally is whitish color *that is wat CC shown in the op video clips he shoot. endo is the lining that deposit upon your each menses. Normally, when the menses happen, the lining should seperate frm the womb n passout from our body with the menses blood. but some, those ppl tat have endo prob, will cont deposit there. so end up more n more. .etc.

Hi Chil,

Prof CC did a lap for u too? U mind to tell me how much is the ops by Prof CC and are u warded one nite at Gleneagles?

Can eloborate how good is Prof CC in term of his skills? I heard that he is clean when doing endo. Read from other thread, insurance company not happy to see his name in the medical claim application....

hi, my op with him was ard 3K+, need to place ard 1k+ deposit. my insurance company ok leh. no frus and pay back 100% + $600 max for after op fee. is a day surgery for me. so morning 1st slot the op. ard 2+pm discharge the hospital, dropby his clinic to get the medicine etc. then rest for a week then back to work again. Do get someone close accompany, as you will be unconcious after op. the glen E nurse are quite gd service too.

Oh, I heard his fee was 7 to 8k leh!!! Friend has been asking me to go kkh for the surgery cos Prof CC veri veri ex.

He did a key hole (lap) surgery for you? Wow, u went back to work after one week, that's amazing =)

hello, i had a lap surgery done to remove my ectopic pregnancy in my right fallopian tube. After my surgery, the gynae said I had endometriosis. I just had a jab to slow down the endometriosis growth. Anyone can advise any TCM good for endo and clear my tube as well. I dont want to do HSG test to access my tube.

hi
I am new here and is interested to find out more about endometriosis. I have been trying to conceive for about a year but no positive results. I have been to 2 normal gynae and both were unable to check that I am suffering from endometriosis. Recently a colleague recommended a fertility gynae to me and the latter suspected I have endometriosis. I was scared and upset. To add on to my misery, my husband's sperm count is low too.
Can someone share their experience with me on endometriosis, the operation, the chances of getting pregnant, can TCM help?
Pls feel free to recommend tcm doc.

hi sunbelle,

I had 2 mensus after my 1st jab last month. But this month have not had any yet. Next week going for my 3rd jab. According to my gynae, there is no side effect for this jab. Oh ya, he also prescribe me with some small blue tablets to be taken on a daily basis to regulate the hormones.

I thought u just went for the lap? So fast u took the jab liao?

hi twin stars,

what do you mean u have 2 menses after the 1st jab huh? i tot after the jab the menses dun come anymore huh?m

yes jus went for the lap and clear up 2 cysts ...yeah thinking of what i shd do next....
is ivf too early for now? i am not getting young liao abt 34 yrs old but i am also thinking hard ..shld i go for chinese medicine for now?

what are u plannign to do huh? how i wish can get pregnant straight away to have one stone kills two birds...the endo tissues will dry up and can have a baby at the same time.

hi sunbelle,

Not sure if others who took the jab also had mensus like me? I had my first jab on 5th jan, my menses came on 9th jan and 24th jan. I told my gynae abt it when I went for my 2nd jab in this mth, and he said it's normal. He said the reaction may not be the same for everyone.

I read in articles that ivf is suitable for those whose fallopian tubes are blocked. Did u go for any HSG test to check the tubes? I heard it's painful so I didnt go. By the way, if u had taken the jab, it's best not to go for any chinese herbs yet. I went to a medical hall last mth n the chinese sinseh asked me to see him only after my regular menses is back after the 3rd jab.

Did your gynae advise you to do ivf? From what i had read abt the different assisted reproductive methods, ivf seems to have a rather disappointing result, unless the egg & sperm are healthy. Maybe u need to discuss further with your husband.

I plan to go for chinese med after my 3rd jab, at the same time ask my husband to go with me to take chinese medicine. I think i will TTC first while on chinese med. I even thought of going for accupuncture. Think i will check with the medical hall if my case need any accupunture.

I can understand how u feel, cos it's how i often thought also. Actually, Im still feeling very probiatic abt my previous ectopic n have not started trying yet. I will let nature take its course.

twin_stars
Can i just check if you have any side effects after taking GnRH? example: tired, sleepy, backache, etc?

Which TCM will be you visiting after the 3rd jabs?

And lastly, I wish you all the best in TTC-ing. I am in my 30s and have been trying for abt 1 yr plus but failed. I am v sad cos I wanted a baby so much.

hi PiPi,

After taking the jab, I dont feel anything in particular. You may like to check with ur gynae whether u r suitable for the jab?

I m thinking of visiting a chinese medical hall at marine parade.

Thanks PiPi, for your regards. I also feel the same as u hoping to have a baby as soon. I m sure we will all be a mother as long as we keep on trying.

Hi Pukuping
I din manage to access this thread as i din know it has moved on so fast. Do u still need e recipe? If yes, i go google for u ya. Let me know.

Endo Cramp
I do have recurring cramp since my bb was 4th n was still on full breastfeed (bf). Bf supposed to stop mense but haiz...for me i think no case. Now my ger wd be turning 1 next mth.

Just wanna share, for bad endo case like mine, cramp i think will always come n haunt me. I do have cramps n realise migraine attacks come as well, either before or during the cycle or comes twice. I heard migraine will get worse as we age, super sad.

I find that when i m hurrying to do many things, migraine will visit me during e cycle, so i believe stress in e form of physical n mental will cause the endo to escalate.

Ladies i believe e working environment n how much pressure u give yourself will send signal to ur body n they will try to cope or weaken over e years. So when i know my cycle is coming, i will tell hb, i wont wan to do too much housework n cooking as i think it is too straining for me esp with an active bb.

I do want to plan for another bb but maybe in a few yrs time. Now i alreadi cannt cope w an active bb n my cramp so i think i go mad. In as much as i know my condition is hard to conceive, i do wan to believe that when im ready physically n mentally, i wd go find tcm to tiao my body, go c gynae n check my condition b4 i start the battle again.

I believe i may need to rely heavily on painkiller for e rest of my life since i think childbearing may not be able to help me solve my cramp problems. I think for serious sufferer, this may not be possible unless i have miracle then i wd share again. For now, i do have cramps even w bf my bb. I still bf my bb but on demand so i m still battling endo now.

hi twin stars,

thanks for sharing the information.

i took the jab and my menses din come after 4 days ..and i am goin back to my gynae next wed for review after my lap. yeah thinking of taking 2 more months of Gnrh before trying naturally.

the gynae checked my fallopian tubes durin the key hole oso...3 in 1 check and removal of cysts as well.

yeah i noe that ivf is meant for fallopian tubes which are blocked. frankly speaking when i went to search for information on ivf i found that is a long journey that the lady has to be prepared for and also for emotional pain and stress while at the same time got to take daily injection and also face the work stress..

i am definitely not prepared for this route now cos is far too difficult as at this moment when i felt that i have yet to exhaust all the means and measures yet.

what do you think are the questions tat i can ask my gnae next week huh?

i intend to compile a list to ask him next week.

hi twin stars and pipi,

i wish u all the best in having a baby.the most ideal situation is all of us are pregant and we can continue to chat in another thread which is 2009 MTB hahhaa
happy.gif
is a dream which i realli hope it will come true.

twin stars, previously i was visting marine parade chinese physician for more than a year. not too sure is it not suitable for me or what ..cos i am not pregant during the stage of trying ...hmmhm guess it all depends on the person. i am still tinking whether shld i continue on this one or search for another top notch fertility TCM...hmmhmm racking my brains real hard each day i recovered from the wounds cos i dun wan any time to be wasted.

hi simple,

dun be upset. i strongly believe that there are so many people out there whom are down with endo. it is a piece of good news tat u have an active baby whereas some of us are trying our best to have a baby hehe
happy.gif
treaure what we have at times will make us more happie and also thank god and heaven for all the tins that we have.

i learnt an impt lesson from the complicated surgery is that health is valuable ..cos when u are down is ur family memebers and good frens whom are so worried for u such that they rushed down straight away.....

sunbelle,
One of the questions I am keen to ask my gynae is - is there any other probs with me? Basically what I am afraid is after taking GnRH, the gynae may ask me to take some other medication, etc....I am just afraid they are doing sales more than treating the patients.

Hi Pipi,

i dun tink so lah..cos i always believe docs shld have a heart of gold or else ......

actualli i did my research too. guess gynae will also have too many patients to take care i guess.

i realli wan to combat the endo fast too.

hi sunbelle,

Thanks for the regards. : B Hopefully in time to come, we will all become mothers soon.

Did ur gynae advise u to do HSG to check if the fallopian tubes are clear of blockage? I think u shld ask further abt the fallopian tube cos it seems very common for tubes to be blocked n there is no symptoms. During my lap, my gynae can only see the outside of my tube but not inside. I was disappointed, thought since he already did the lap, may also look at the inside.

Not sure if we r talking abt the same sinseh in marine parade. Are u visiting the one at blk 81? I think it is difficult to get a good tcm as we wont know until we try.

twin_stars/sunbelle
I think 3 of us are in the same fate...with endo and just did lap. hahaha. Hopefully we can all become mothers soon.

It's hard to find people with the same probs. When I talk to my friends, they kept advising me to relax, etc...Hiah, but the anxiety of a 30 plus yr old is not what everyone will understand. (fertility decreases after age 35)

totally agreed with u pipi ..yeah so i mus say tat i am oso considering IVF as an option. but i realli dun noe where to draw the line yet...issit too early? some of my frens say not cos of my age now is 34 shld do when young..i wanted to know more abt ivf...tink twin star u might be starting ivf soon rite? can share with us how u arrive at this decision huh?

I don't want to do IVF cos I think it is a very painful process and it can be tormenting too.

sunbelle - not all docs have a heart of gold. But there are docs who are really good and really be a doctor to serve the community and these docs are dying out.

hi sunbelle/PiPi,

do agree with PiPi that the 3 of us seems quite similar with what we face. I dont want to do ivf like what PiPi had mentioned, it's a very painful process. IVF is suggested by my gynae if my tubes are blocked. He wanted me to do a HSG test to assess if my tube are cleared. I dont want to do the test cos heard it's painful.

I think i want to try naturally first n go tcm. My hb also dont want ivf. He said if really cannot have kids, then let it be.

twin_stars - me not going IVF too.

My hubby also said nvm, take our time but we are in our 30s. He not gan cheong, I gan cheong. I also will try to see TCM....

Hi Pipi,

i tink dr loh of kkh is a veri nice doc whom mi and my hubby are veri comfortable with. the question is that we are still not mentally prepared for the IVF process cos somehow i tink that the mental support mus be there and also have to tink of how it is goin to affect our work process..it appeared to me that on and off go to take leave to go hospital and for me, i dun feel comfortable to tell my office i am doin ivf ..cos if realli unsuccessful will be even more stressed rite?

i did the hsg test when doin the lap oso leh..but my left fallipian tube got a bit damaged by the endo issues..i felt quite upset after knowing that cos i got the full report today and realli asking the doc to explain the reasons...
hi twin stars /pipi, my hubby oso said the same thing. no hurry to have kids and is okie if we dun have. but the fact is i luv to have a kid too muchie on my own...yeah realli hope all the 3 of us have baby dust soon
happy.gif

Hi PiPi & Sunbelle,

It's so comforting to have friends like both of u to share our thoughts. I couldnt find anyone to share my feelings. Think for me, not so fast will have kids cos i have many issues to overcome. My hb also taking his time & is always busy with work. Sometimes i wonder if i took the jab too early? what if endo grow back again b4 we r ready... so many thoughts running through my mind.

After my 3rd jab, i will stop going to my gynae... want to try tcm also leh. Anyone of u or ur friends went to Tong Chai Hospital for tcm?

hi PiPi,

thanks for the info... Is the forum under Motherhood also? u know the thread name? I just went for my final jab tdy. I asked my gynae what are the food that i have to avoid. He said avoid Bai Fong Wan, ba zhen, Dan gui, lingzhi and evening primrose oil. Got another 2, i cannt rem.

hi twin stars,

to be frank, my circle of frens, onli one lady suffered from it..so both of us know what is goin on and we can onli share with each other. what the rest of them can do is to help to alleviate the symtons lor....mi oso tot is good to have frens like u both so that all three of us can encourage each other and also share the remedies.

dun tink so muchie twin stars, i belive u are younger than i am. i am almost 34 years old liao leh..consider not so young to have a kid. i jus one kid and my dream is actualli 2 ...but of cos one is okie for me so long as i have one kid at least i dun feel that i am missing out kids joy too and to make it a complete family.

tong chai hospital - i oso havent tried before leh. but my gynae did ask me not to take TCM when i am on the jab. actualli i have 6 packets of the powder with me now. guess i better not take?

twin stars : ooops i have been taking ba zhen and evening primerose oil leh ..cos i read books on endo ..they strongly encourage them

to share with u both, i am realli confused cos the more i read the more i find that i am blur by the options like in this case the food to avoid.......

what did the gynae said huh?

gals,

i accidentally read one thread on the chinese physician on removal of cysts ..after that i cannot locate the thread.do u all know huh?
happy.gif

hi sunbelle,

Since we are on the jab, it's best not to see tcm at the moment until u r off the jab and has 1 regular menses, this is what my previous tcm told me.

I felt the same way as u do. It's not greedy of us to wish for at least a kid. Hopefully our efforts will be paid off in time to come. Now i try to take things slowly, certain things just cannt be rushed. As much as i would like to have a kid soon, but i have no control. I have no one to share except on forum with frens like yourself. Im not young also, going to hit 31.

i asked my gynae what food to avoid, and he said avoid Bai Fong Wan, ba zhen, Dan gui, lingzhi and evening primrose oil. Got another 2, i cannt rem. I havent come across any thread that u mention on the chinese physician on removal of cysts.

hi PiPi,

Really appreciate for finding the site. : ) It was very helpful as someone on the thread has compiled a list of the tcm for us.

hi sunbelle and twin stars
Sorry if i sound very KPO , but i just like to share how i get pregnant , but it may sound abit personal , do u all mind activating ur PM ? I dun noe whether u all hv heard some of the "tactics" that i used , if both of you hv not heard maybe u like to try ? cos all my 3 kids were concieved using these tactics

hi mummy,

really curious what 'tactics' u have used to conceive... I had turned on my PM liao. In case it doesnt work, can u send to [email protected]

Thanks for sharing... look forward to receiving your reply.

hi PiPi,

Thanks for sharing the website...
Ya hor, i used to take the Huiji Waist tonic too. Now i dont dare to take any herbs without sinseh's instructions. No idea if suitable for us also? Any one knows?

Hi twinsmummy,

thanks for willing to share the tips on baby making. i have turned my PM on liao leh
happy.gif

thanks for helping to find the list of useful contacts. yeah great to know all the mums over 30 are also with baby dusts hehe hope all of us contribute to the statistics hehe
happy.gif

Back