ENDOMETRIOSIS

googley

Dear Ladies, please assist by feeding me more information on whether one can conceive if diagnosed with endometriosis?
My gf has been diagnosed with it and still hoping to start a family. Any hope and how?
Thank you in advance!

there are many severity levels of endometriosis. minor to serious. not all types need special treatment. you shld speak to your gynae and ask how serious her endometriosis is. many with endometriosis Can have children. but its important to seek help early and plan to have children early-- so that treatment (if necessary) can be started early. all the best!

Hi Yang,

I have endometriosis and my gynae ask me to try and get pregnant. And I'm pregnant! Going to due soon.

In fact, my gynae said pregnancy is better for endometriosis case. Not too sure why. Maybe condition will improve?

Hi ladies,

I am married almost 7 years. Yearning badly wanting to have children. Thus, went thru checkups after checkups such as HSG for blockage of fallopian tubes- clear, no ovulation-taken clomid tablet to assist in ovulation, no good news, diagnosed have PCOS 3yrs back- taken metformin to clear the cysts, Start my 5 cycles of SO-IUI & IUI- not succesful, went to TCM to "tiao" my body-not bad,have bad menstrual cramps since last year June-diagnosed having endo- continue TCM, hopefully to clear, recently went thru checkup to see whether endo condition improve- somehow worsen... gynae suggest to laprascopy right away. Will be going for 2nd opinion within this week..

I m really devasted. i know i may not be the worst lot but it was really one after another never-ending "suprises"... i m trying very hard to stay strong..

Dont lose hope!
At 24 i was diagnose with endo 6cm cyst at my right ovary. Went thru op.

Conceive #1 naturally with help of tcm, gave birth March 2010.
Conceive #2 naturally, gave birth Oct 2011.
Conceieve #3 by accident, gave birth Dec 2012 but stillbirth.

So dont lose hope, it is possible to get pregnant.

Hi elise,

Thank you for your encouragement.

Will be going for 2nd opinion this week. I m diagnosed with two 3 cm cysts on my right ovary also.

Most probably going thru op if really confirm cos i guess that is the only way for mi to get preggie..

Hi Sunnyday

I had endo stage 3 (which was very bad). I had cysts covering my 2 ovaries which caused infertility. Went through surgery to remove and tried to 3 times IUI and all failed. Finally went thru IVF. Failed once and succeeded the 2nd time. So don't give up hope!

Hi sunndyday,
I was diagnosed with endo + two cysts in my right ovary after giving birth to 1st child. And gynae told me to op right away as the cysts was quite large within the ovary. I consulted another gynae for 2nd opinion and given oral medication... the next scan discovered that my cysts bursted. Gynae encouraged me to TTC naturally for a year but not successful, my 2nd child was conceived with the help of clomid.
Good luck to you! Stay strong!

Hi noscon,

Thank you for sharing your experience with mi. I went thru KKH for scan to confirm.. 2 cysts measuring 5 cm & 3 cm respectively on my right ovaries. Was still continuing TCM, she recommended mi her gynea at Mt E, he will ask mi to go thru the same scan in few months time to confirm this time, 1st of all, whether is that the real cysts we have diagnosed & 2nd, whether it is growing or diminishing.. meanwhile i will be still continue to take TCM to help my condition..

I m not sure whether i m in the right direction, but hopefully This time, my gynea at MT E will be my saviour...

Hi chococat, can u share how big is your cyst and what medicine did you take to burst the cyst huh? Do u experience any pain in that huh?
happy.gif
are they blood cysts ?

Hi Sunnyday, what happen to your cysts now huh? Are they gone ? I jus discovers one 5.5cm cyst. Is confirmed a blood cyst.

Hi Sunbelle,

I will be scheduled to go back Mt E for a re-confirmation only in mid-june. Fortunately, so far i do not suffer very bad menstrual cramps back date in NOv & Dec 2012.

Then, what is ur plan for the cyst?

Hi Sunbelle,

I have done my follow up scan last week & got my results back only few days back. My condition remained the same while my hubby done his semen analysis which is not that good. Encouraged to take more Vitamin E & redo his test in 3months time. Whereas for mi , whether to go for surgery or not is up to mi since is not life-threatening. But of course my gynea did mentioned that it definitely increase the chances of pregnancy.

I do not know how to proceed with my case either :

Option 1: wait for my hubby to redo his test & confirm his condition is ready, then i do a re-scan too. If both of us are good, we will try naturally.

Option 2: while waiting for hubby to redo his test in 3 months time, i can schedule for my surgery. Then hopefully after my surgery & my hubby's condition improve, we can choose to try for ICSI/IVF?

Any feedback? Thanks..

To share my experience , I think lap is good in helping to clear up n increase chance of pregnancy.

I did get preggie but miscarriage. Went thru lots before having baby. yeah dun give up possible. Now trying for second one . Yeah but failed think the cyst might be the culprit. so I m going to solve this cyst problem. Been taking TCM for past 3 mths n if this upcoming scan still show the same size, I m going to remove it. is pretty dangerous to preggie with cyst too.

Hi Sunnyday

I had endo stage 3 (which was very bad). I had cysts covering my 2 ovaries which caused infertility. Went through surgery to remove and tried to 3 times IUI and all failed. Finally went thru IVF. Failed once and succeeded the 2nd time. So don't give up hope!

Hi can i know which which doctor you consulted ? I having a serious endo stage and cant conceived :(

Dear all,

I had a miscarriage 6 months ago and been trying to conceive since then but no results. Recent appointment Discovered that i have multiple endometriotic cysts at both of my ovaries. I’m going to do 2 more tests - 1 hormones tests and 1 tube tests. My gynae said that I may require surgery but i will decrease my fertility rate. Currently, IVf is not recommended as it may cause infection due to the cysts. I’m quite old and time is an issue. I wonder if anyone has similar experience and also any gynae to introduce for 2nd opinion? Currently I’m seeing dr Tan HH at KKH.

Back