Dr Woo Bit Wah (Thomson Women's Clinic) at Tiong Bahru

not sure leh... u may wish to call him up. chose him bcos of convenience but nvr checked if pkg was within my budget or not. :p

Hi there, just visited Dr.Woo in TB Branch. His fees for the packages have increase as at July '07. Now the Antenal package cost $650. First time consult is $50. Scanning is $30. He is quite patience. The nurses also very helpful in answering my queries abt the package. :)

hi anyone seeing Dr Woo

Can i have comments abt him as in he encourage natural delivery? and will he give alot of supplements?

i am seeing now. he should be considered as "pro-natural" delivery but wld leave the choice up to u instead.

supplements-wise, i'm getting multi-vits, calcium n fish oil (additional on top of pkg) from him.
happy.gif
HTHS. Cheers.

Dr Woo is 'pro-natural'
happy.gif

Supplements wise he just give standard ones. will not ask u to buy anything extra.

instead, i'm the one tt keep bringin supplements to get his 'go-ahead'. and he will patiently look at the supps in details and advise which one is ok, which one is not
happy.gif

hi MTB,

i just found out tat i was pregnant while using the test kit... so now my next step is to go to gynae to confirm and stuff like tat....

considering Dr Woo as I just went to him for my PAP Smear test last mth... but does anybody knows how will be charge if we are closer to delivery... assuming we wish to deliver at TMC so how will Dr Woo charge the transporation?

can anybody advise?

hi,i wan to ask for those mummies who signed up the Antenal package, how many visits are we limited to? is it really more worth to sign up the package?

i signed up Dr Woo's package at Tiong Bahru last year for my 1st baby. package will take care of the normal checks, usually more frequent during the first trimester,i think about every 2-3 weeks. If he asks u to go back for check up it is usually covered under the package. I cant remember his delivery charges at TMC but total bill was around 3000 plus including his charges

Dr Woo is really good... I have a very good experience with him. find him patient n never rush thru consultation. His stitching is perfect.

Anymore mummies with Dr Woo before? Need advice. Next week will be my second visit to him, not sure whether to sign with him a not. So far from all the comments seems like not bad. I'm seeing him in Tiong Bahru and I find that the waiting time is very long, for my first visit i waited for 1+ hrs b4 seeing him. One good thing is he got evening clinic and near to my house.

he delivered my first baby, quite good, and professional. Evenings usually have to wait long as it is a popular time. Try to schedule for the earliest one or last one, if you stay nearby the nurses can call you when it is your turn. His mornings are usually not so crowded.

Hi, anyone here has your amniocentesis test performed by Dr Woo? I'm going for the amnio test soon and was quite surprise to find out it was performed by him, coz heard that for KKH it was usually done by panel of doctors that are very experience in amnio test. Also quite suprise to find out that cost of amnio at KKH cost around $650+ compare to $900+ by Dr Woo.

hi Ms Vain, he can do delivery at any private hospital in SIngapore (I am not sure about raffles hospital though), but got extra cost..

but his TMC and Mt A charges are the same.

i'm seeing dr woo now.

Hi, anyone knows the delivery charges for Dr Woo? I will be seeing him for the first time this coming Thur and would like to find out more about his charges.

Also, Would like to find out if he is pro natural?

Thanks so much.

just share my experience:
i just seen dr woo yesterday, i just pregnant about 4 week. that was my 1st check with woman doctor.
for my experience, he is soso. talk officially, wont give you so much opinions. only wait for you to question
maybe my purpose for see him isnot really good. i have mind want to abort the bb, because i am uncerstain my husband and i can afford the bb or not. i still have 2weeks time to decide to keep the baby or not. i have asked him aboutthe safty for the abortion, he just answer if not inflame than should not be a problem
he gave 2 month folic acid 5mg and 10days "an tai yao" duphaston. total charge is $128+, and no receipt.

Dr Woo is pr-natural. I wanted to go for C-section for my 1st kid bcos I was worried about long labour (actually had long and back labour) but he refused. Instead he advised me the disadvantages of opting for C-section.

hihi,

can anyone share with me what's dr woo anatenal package at tiong bahru now? when does it starts from?

does it include consultation, ultrasound, urine test, blood test, supplements etc??

Dr Woo is under the Thomson group, so he would advise parents to go to TMC which is cheaper now than b4.

During my 2nd pregnancy (2004), his package included consultation, ultrasound, urine test and supplements like calcium/iron. However, the detailed scan is excluded as well as delivery package.

His stitching is good...meaning to say that mummies who just delivered do not have that 'tight' feeling after giving birth.

hi Lim Ting,

Not too sure if you ardy got your answer but I have just went to see dr woo and asked abt his package. Generally, i think its okay.. the consultation package is now 650 but after delivery can claim 450 for it. den the delivery + hospital package also reasonable for TMC. Ard 2900 for 4 bedded b4 deducting medisave lor...

i went to see him as 1st visit to gynae because he is near my house.
i find that he not really into showing concern to his patient (me).. maybe he has too many patient off hands and waiting to see him than to tend to me when i am still at v early stage.
so i go to my sis in law gynae instead and find her attentive and comfortable with her too. at least, she is patient and willingly to explain more and chat more despite she has quite a few patients waiting for her..

Hi

Would like to check if his stitching is good?

What are the total charges for Dr Woo inclusive of package and delivery? When does his package starts?

Does he have the privilege of having free upgrade from 4-bedded to 2 bedded for his patients at TMC & Mt A?

Thanks!

hihi... would also wanna check his delivery charges at TMC.

I booked a 4-bedder at TMC, my edd is early august.. does anyone have any recent bill to share?

Many thanks

may i know what is TMC? is a hospital? anyone seen/ check out dr fong yang also at jln membina? how is it?

yes, it does. every visit he will do the scan for you. so you get to see baby everytime. basically the package charges are all inclusive, except the fish oil.

Hi! Does Dr Woo open during weekends and weekday evenings at his TB clinic? Do I have to make the appt early if i want to visit him during these timings? Thanks.

dr woo's clinic at tiong bahru has a 3d machine? oh.. cos when i was seeing him last year aug he didnt have that...

griny: he has weekday evening clinics (not every evening) and saturday morning clinics.. must make appt...

hi, do you know if dr woo's charges are considered expensive or average? I called the nurse, she told me the first consultaion plus scan will cost abt $200! Wow.

Hi

I was told consultation is $80 and scan is $40?
How to add to $200?

Btw, how much is his delivery costs?
Many mentioned about Antenal package only but delivery charges is the expensive one..

I'm with Dr Woo for the first two and now preg with my 3rd one and still with him. he is great but something has changed...... the nurse!
I used to be handle by Grace, she is great but now there is this girl i think her name is Joyce or something like that.... she is terrible. she does things her own way, her own convenient.
she changed my appointment date twice without telling me and only call me on the re-schedule date
sad.gif

and i'm requesting to book OSCAR at a certain timing but she just couldn't be bother and tell me all the bull-story.
I'm gonna see Dr Woo again this few days and definately gonna complaint to him!

Hi,

I just went to see Dr Woo last week. It was my first visit. I paid about $170 which includes consultation, ultrascan, some pills and GST.

His package starts from 2nd visit @ $650. Have read other threads and seen that most doctors' packages start from week 12. My next visit with him will be my week 8, so i think his price is reasonable.

I think he's ok but since he's the only gynae i've seen, i'm not too sure how he is compared to the rest too. I'm considering if i should sign up the package with him. 2 good things are 1) The clinic is very near to my place 2) He has night clinic, so don't have to take leave.

Hi Janeys,

I went to see Dr Woo last 2 week and will see him again next week (wk 9).
I paid $170+ too. This was my first visit.
the reason i choose him is same with u
happy.gif
I'm also considering whether should sign the package. we can sign the package from 2nd visit but it's just our 2nd visit, very confuse whether should sign up or not. tried to find more info abt him...
How did u know him? I got to know him from the thread.
how many weeks r u now?

Hi Esther,

I have the same thoughts as you! I'm seeing him again next week - it's my 8th week then. I also dunno whether to sign the package them but hubby said to just sign.. I suppose if everything's ok when i see him next week, then i will sign with him ba.

I popped by the clinic 2 weeks ago just to confirm if i'm pregnant. Then i did some research about him when i'm home. I think he's okay ba. My fren heard about him and said he's okay.

I think location is very important.. plus he has night clinics which most other docs don't.

Hi janeys and Esther,

Dun worry.. Dr Woo is a GOOD gynae.. My girl was delivered by him.. He's a quiet man but as long as u prepare your qtns to ask him, he will answer de.. And his stitching is good too~ We actually save alot as he allow us to sign the package from 2nd visit onwards~ =)

I second Shirlin that Dr Woo is good
happy.gif
Just that he's not the v.chatty type. But friendly!

He delivered my 1st in May this year. Good stitching skills! hahah

I totally agree that Dr Woo is a good gynae. My first was delivered by him and his stitching is fanastic. Will certainly go back to him for my next pregnancy.

hi any recent reviews on dr woo? am thinking of taking him up so would like to ask ard first. the clinic is closed for cny so i had not had a chance to ask the nurse anything yet.

y is it so hard to talk to someone from the clinic?? the line is always engaged or no1 picks up, during their working hours!

Hello all, this is my first time here.

I have been seeing Dr Woo for two visits. This is my first pregnancy & the reason why I chose him for the 1st visit was of convenience - his clinic is near my place.

Now, I'm wondering if I should continue with him, or switch to a female gynae.

For those who have been with Dr Woo, I wanna find out from you how's the experience with a male gynae. I imagine that I will feel rather uncomfortable with a guy near my intimate parts (to say the least!). So far, I have just done two ultrasound scans & he explained basic do's and do-nots. Wondering how it will be like when the pregnancy progresses.

Hope someone will be able to answer my questions! Thanks!

I was with Dr Woo and i find it hard to communicate with him cos he is too quiet. esp with 1st time pregnancy, i think it's better for gynaes to explain more? instead of waiting for us to ask him questions.

Anyway, after which, i gave birth prematurely at 23 wks.. tried to reach him via emergency call on that night when i was bleeding. He didn't had much response and just told me to go to KKH A&E instead of TMC, citing reasons of costs as it will be mucher cheaper in KKH for emergency cases.

I was v disappointed as after delivering, i didn't receive any calls of him asking abt my condition.. and 2 weeks after i delivered, his nurse even called me to ask y i didn't turn up for my appt?! I was really angry at that pt in time.

I dont think i'll go back to him again for my next pregnancy.

Dr Woo is a good gynae, he is not those gynes whom will talk alot but he is willing to listen, friendly, give necessary advice during your pregancy.
I totally agreed with other mummies, he has very good stitching skills, this really helps wound recovery faster, no pain coming from wound/stitches where i can actually walk around freely hours after natural birth[2times]. [i heard too much stories about poor stitching which causes pain & infection after birth]

hi all,

Agree that Dr Woo is a good gynae, i m a first time mummy n he was ok for me. He doesn't give un-necessary medicine and is willing to listen. Very friendly person, do not feel uncomfortable thou he is a guy, very assuring.

Agreed with other mummies, he has good stitching skills, can get off the bed, wound doesn't hurt much.

hi all
i have been seein dr woo for my 2nd pregnancy, agree tat he doesnt speak much, strick in giving hl, bit i agree tat he really goodin stitching. bcos my 1st delivery, the stitch pain lasted ard 2 weeks, more pain than breast engorgement.
thankfully now only few days after deliver, i can walk well

hello all. i heard of dr woo from my fren and she says he is not bad. is he still affiliated to tmc?

he is strict in giving hl? how about mc? i wld think i need mc whenever i go for scans if possible.

how often do we need to see him for our 9 months?

Hi,

Noticed this thread has been inactive and i thought i should share my experience. So here goes.

Being a first time mother, i decided on Dr Woo for 2 reasons, one being fairly decent reviews from this forum, and proximity, i could walk to Tiong Bahru from where i live, and even if my hubby couldn't make it i still can manage on my own since we don’t drive

His package is quite flexible. I paid $700 from my 2nd apptment (I was about 10 weeks pregnant) onwards and it included US for every visit, consultations etc. It also allows you to see him for sickness, as long as you make an appointment. The nurses are also very helpful and friendly. Another plus point is he has evening clinics too
I have 3 bad encounters with him and they were enough for me to give up my package and sign with another gynae. Hopefully you ladies will never experience it.

I was throwing up most of the time during first trimester, and there was one weekend it got so bad I was throwing up sips of water. I called the emergency hotline stated on the appointment at 1130pm, hoping for some advice. To my surprise it was an operator line and she got Dr Woo to call me back. He sounded very frustrated and impatient, and when I asked him at which point I should be going to the hospital, or how I could relieve myself from the excessive vomiting, all he said was ‘I dunno, I cannot diagnose you over the phone. If you want you can check in to KKH or TMC now’. So I asked if I could think about it and let him know, he simply said ‘you don’t have to tell me, if you want me to be there you have to pay $600 - $700.’ Before I could reply, he hung up on me. In the end, I called KKH’s Ask-A-Nurse helpline and the nurse said to try eating small bites of biscuits, and water, and if I’m still throwing up in the next few hours, I have to be admitted in case of dehydration.

Fair enough that he might not be able to diagnose me accurately over the phone, but I’m not asking too much for him to take 2 minutes to dispense advice. I was prepared to let it go till the hubby, who is usually the patient one, asked if I wanted to switch gynae if he was so rude.

We went for a short vacation during the 20th week, and I realized I was dripping bright red blood in the toilet, and freaked out. Was sent to the International Hospital and naturally I thought I might be losing the baby since I was experiencing slight cramps. The gynae was very helpful and thorough with the scans and diagnosed placenta previa, but I was also told it will move up later into the pregnancy. With the report and scans, I saw Dr Woo the week I came back, and without even looking at the scans he said MOST GYNAE WILL TELL YOU IT’S LOW PLACENTA, so how did he help me? NOTHING. He didn’t even do a check.

While I get that he doesn’t say too much, properly because he doesn’t want us to worry unnecessarily, he answers our every question with ‘it’s normal, it will get worse’. That is not helpful at all.

i was running a temperature 38-40 without flu symptoms for 4 days before I decided to see him. Upon seeing me, his first question was ‘why are you here today’. So I described how my fever was going up and down, and I had no flu symptoms and I was worried if there is an infection. He said ‘so what do you want me to do? Just eat panadols, there’s nothing I can do for you’. He was so adamant I was having flu that he accused me of having phlegm when I cleared my throat. I had to insist I was not sick apart from the flu, and he was only convinced when he used his stethoscope to prove that my lungs were clear. Still, throughout the consultation, he didn’t test whether I had a temperature. No ultrasound to make sure baby was ok too, and I had to remind him for an MC.

While I’m not looking for a gynae to mother me, I expect him to be professional and be able to answer my queries to the best of his abilities and not brush me off with a ‘it’s normal it will only get worse’, how would I know what is normal since every mother experiences different problems.
Needless to say, I forfeited my package and never went back; Google is more helpful than him.

am seeing him now. i intend to sign up a prenatal insurance package and was required to get gynae to fill in a simple checklist so that can process application. i checked with many many mommies and friends, they all said no charges. guess what, he wanted to charge me $150 for 15 ticks and a signature. anyone knows what is their refund like? *irritated*

Dr Woo Bit Hwa is very experienced gynaecologist.
I had natural birth to my son in '2006, the whole process was smooth and no hassle.

Some details for you:
*During pregnancy, I took up the package includes check up, check my cholesterol and sugar levels, scan, and provide iron and calcium. I was found with low blood pressure, so Dr Woo and his helpful nurse gave me more iron without additional cost.

*Booking of ward and application is anot ease, you need to decide the hospital preference and type of ward, Dr Woo 'so nurse will do all the necessary booking for you.

*my son was overdue for 1 week plus, Dr Woo did close schedule check ups for me to ensure my health and baby is good. Due to the baby is overdue and big, he advised me to induce if I want to natural birth.

*I selected Thomson Medical Hospital, check in by 12 midnight, waited for water bag to burst until morning 7 to 8 a.m. baby still don't want to come out.:p
I choose to have epidural, later Dr Woo helped me burst my water bag.
I was pushed into the labour room around 9+ a.m. Dr Woo guide me step by step how to breath and when to push the baby out. When I tried to pushed too hard, he will ask me to stop and continue guiding me.
My son was safely and healthy out in just 15 minutes!;)

*resting in my ward, Dr Woo informed the hospital nurse what diet he want me to avoid. I was surprised that he said no fruits and vegetables during these 2 to 3 days stay in the hospital.
He said as it contains fibre and I will wet the stitches which will slow down the healing. So I took his professional advice, and I had a speedy recovery!

More good experiences with Dr Woo after birth too. My sharing too long, so will stop here.

FYI, I am now pregnant again, and Dr Woo is still my preferred gynaecologist.
(During my 1stay pregnancy, I do went to a few gynaecologists to try and follow my friend to theirs too, their fees had too much plus plus and etc.)

Hope this sharing helps. ❤

I am a 24 years old lady. First visit i had issues with my menses, late for 3 months and he gave excellent advices, wasnt pregnant but just stressed out.

Second visit, i had UTI but he could not diagnose it, gave me wrong medication and even made me did something i am very uncomfortable of, i trusted his professionalism, he asked me to show him my private part , which i clearly told him that i am uncomfortable with. He insisted that it is crucial even after me reassure him that my private part is clean and nothing unusual going on.

Long story short, he gave me wrong medication and worsten my later diagnose UTI (Went to Q&M clinic- recommended)

Back