Dr Peter Chew from Gleneagles

Hi Emily,

Guess there is always a reason for anything that happen.sometimes is jus that we dont know. What we k do is to let go of past bagges which are not easy.

I fully understand how Chalkey feels. Chalkey , do u have bad cramps every month when period comes?
Did u go thru all the Oscar test n detailed scan etc huh?

hi, yes...i have had pain at around anus and especially if i'm sitting in a vehicle that has to cross a bumpy road...i will be screaming with pain, thus got to stand up whenever the vehicle hit a bump..this painful episode happened for many decades (i think since twelve years old) until i met dr chew where he treated me for fibroids and adenomyosis..now, i think the anus pain has gone..this anus pain not only during menses, can be anytime and sometimes cramps at anus too..suffering is the word!!

i was lucky to have two good supportive bosses whom i told them my gynae prob and expected visits..i sometimes make up with skip lunch to work, stay late which they agreed. i'm lucky too that i'm a public servant and they allow me years of no paid leave now to take care of my child. i'm grateful to my employer:)

Hi Chalkey, so the anal pain due to your adenomyosis in your intestine? What is difference between adenomyosis and endo?

I got this anus pain that radiates to my abdomen when I sit down.... and the pain intensify during menses.... sounds familiar to your case?

You are really lucky to have such bosses
happy.gif
Envious
happy.gif

hi emily, your pain sounds familiar but i don't know what is it due to..pls check with dr chew and perhaps his laparoscopy with d&c can tell you something? i don't know if my anal pain due to adenomyosis adhesive to intestine or not because dr chew never tell me the pain is due to that...but, i physically found that the pain has gone after removal of fibroid and with the hormone treatment he gave me to suppress growth.

could your pain due to fibroid that is nearby your anus or abdomen area? it may radiates such pain..dr chew is the expert to answer..no worries..if i'm ok, so are you once the mystery is revealed.

i have inverted womb too, that makes conception difficult but it's still possible...hindrance are more of the fibroids, adenomyosis..so, luckily i have met him. nothing can be done for womb inversion..

dr chew never order oscar for me..it's the triple blood test screening, amnio fluid extraction and oral glucose test and other blood tests now and then..during the preggy period.

yes now part of the mystery resolved by Dr Chew, thats why he recommends lap for the balance to be revealed... I really hope i can be relieved of that pain soon....

u have the pain since 13 years old omg thats quite long... I have that pain since 5 years ago... my anal pain and bleeding i keep telling myself its piles!

Why no OSCAR? I thought its a must.

is the usual ultrasound to see foetus nose height called OSCAR? i remember doing many ultrasound at different weeks to see bb's nose, heart beat, etc but nvr bother to ask the name of the ultrasound test..hehe..

i had severe pain since i fell down many times while learnt roller skate at age 12yrs old when menses started..i fell down, sat with a loud thud on my buttock, hurt my tail bone and was stubbon and persistant to learn roller skating at younger times..a hefty price to pay..perhaps, injuries caused to fibroid, adenomyosis growth since then..but i find no point to ask any further since, already knows what's the cause liao..

those ultrasound shows her nasal bone was normal, then why he still runs triple blood test screening for me? and, that triple blood test shows high risk of ds, so we decided to go for amnio fluid extraction which shows normal. extra money in between leh..but nvrmind lah..

hi emily, it's just unlucky to get ectopic (don't think it's anything to do whatsoever with surgery)..i never ask him..

hi emily, pls from now start to brew black chicken essence to drink every week (rejuvenate your body), ask dr if his vitamins contain folic acid. if not, take folic acid at least three months in advance prior to trying to conceive. you need to do something for your health, now that you mentioned have had m/c and ep. my hcg from ep was >500, thus was on mtx chemo injection for many rounds to kill the remnants from ep cells.

Hi chalkey thanks for the advice;)

Yah pretty weak now.... Need super tonic to strengthen;)
Black chic essence for both me n hb? How long u brew?

hi, i esp have been brewing black chic essence every week for three months..hubby din really drink cos he's ok..but, see no harm for both you n hb to drink.

if you want the double boiler (non ceramic type), i can sell to you (bought but never use the aluminium type), cos realised have a ceramic type kept in store room lor..otherwise, you can get from og or any chinatown shop that sell double boiler pot.

yes, emily..for my case due to its severity, i was on GnHR for 3months..

all costs with dr is exp..but, if you choose to be managed by him, then really have to be prepared for lots of $$..we were shocked but we were already on one-third of the journey, so we continue to try a chance of conception lor..

having said all, i must said that each patient has their own success or failure no matter with whichever doc they are with..fertility is half depends on luck, god-send gift and the other half depends on how well we take care of our reproduction system (get whatever obstacles to be cleared off first, then recuperate via tonic or prenatal vitamins/supplements as given by doc)..

have you gone for follow-up with dr? what did he say about you?

i am heading to see him @friday together with hb, hope to do the fertility tests and get a proper diagnosis of the endo. Will PM you more about it
happy.gif

Likely he will ask me to take lap to eradicate the endo. If I am under severe case, I will be under the GNrH shots too, thats another 3 months.I need to wait for a while to conceive again, it is really a long way to the grand prize.

My good friend just delivered a bb girl this morning, i feel happy for her whilst I am being reminded of my m/c, if my bb survived, my bb will in 4th month growing happily..... didnt dare tell hb about my sadness else he will be very worried for me.

hi emily, i understand your feeling especially when you see others carry their bundle of joy at this moment, when you are depressed. i have had gone through that stage..at times, we do get envious, at times we really cried so much..to overcome this, please constantly pray silently to that "bb" of yours and wish him/her well wherever "he/she" choose to go. you will slowly feel alright and get over it.

you may even one day, imagined and dreamt that "bb" is finally reborn and you will feel so happy after few months of sufferred in silence. that nice dream will settled your sadness..

no hormone levels test for me but sperm count test on hb..he gave hubby supplement with ginseng components inside, but too costly - so hubby never repeat..we resort to brewing of tonics. we don't smoke nor drink although we are advanced age..only the blockage caused by fibroids, adenomyosis on reproduction system, while hb's count a bit low..

pls pray if you believe in god's help..it works miracle..

Hi, may I know has anyone in their 40s got pregnant with the help from Dr Peter Chew, please?

Thinking of visiting his clinic this month...my hb and I had been married for more than 10 years and still ttcg....very anxious at times...not sure if we should carry on...a friend asked us to look for Dr Peter Chew - said he is very fatherly and would be able to help...but I am afraid of laproscopy...heard it's very costly ...

Beanie - Lap costs abt 8k including 1 night stay. But u can claim from medisave and also insurance. I only end up paying abt 300 plus after the deductions.

I chanced upon this thread. As I didn't get permission from the lady to share her entire story, all I can advise is, "exercise caution".

Hi Emily - I really don't wish to waste time but I have no money to carry on with expensive doctor
sad.gif
(each visit is more than S$300)

Hi Batikid - thanks for the info. indeed it helps alot to be able to claim from insurance and medisave.

If he tells you that you have ENDO, and needs lap....think about it again...Can there be so many girls who has ENDO?

I went to him, discovered I had endo (per dr peter chew) and went for lap.

There may be diverse comments on dr chew but having gone throigh with him for 3years,i wan to say he is caring. he msy not able to appeal to many because he could be senior and hence hard to show a soft look facial expression or good yalking like the younger docs.

Near to delivery date,he ask me to decide on an earlier ceaserian date due to risk factor because of my old age. i barggained with him to keep my baby longer in my womb. he was not very keen and gave me a latest date to deliver. now,having deliver via ceaserian and doing a reflection now, he actually cares for his patients. my baby was delivered full of feaces and dr chew asked me if i noticed decreased movement from bb before delivery. indeed,there was decreased movement on the night before.luckily,bb is fine

Hi babakba, i am also a patient of Dr Chew. Care to share if you were having any fertility issues and what treatments he offered?

Yes i agree that he is pretty KS, sometimes he want us to listen to him for a good intention.

Hi all, I'll like to share our experience with Dr C.

Dr C was our 1st gynae to visit when wife tested positive last Dec. 1st impression of Dr C is he is very fatherly & we were rather comfortable in his Catholic clinic with the hymns playing non-stop (we r not Catholics btw :p)As wife had abit of spotting that time, he was very dedicate & caring, asking her dun worry this dun worry that, then ask her to come for a weekly hormones jab + DHA, folic, multi-vits, fruit extract etc. also gave her 2 weeks of mc which he later converted to 'hospitalisation at home' so wife dun have to exhaust her mc.

that time we were still not very sure if to engage him to deliver so seek another gynae Dr P at TMC. Dr P is more 'angmo pai' no restrictions at all, everything also can do. he believes in nature taking its course, we also later found out Dr P is an advocate for VBAC. so after some considerations we decided on Dr C, other factors also TMC is further since parking there is not better than GEMC.

later on wife also had polyp which Dr C suggested warding which he removed in OT while wife under sedition.

We signed his package at ard week 12 to save on consultation. yes he is a very busy gynae, he got 2 consultation rooms to save time as he would be tending to patient 1 while patient 2 gets prep in the other room. we r ok with this arrangement. but when he is tending to us, he wun be distracted but will patiently clarify on our queries, we could ask much as we could.

now wife is 32 weeks alrdy & 2 more weeks would go for her final detailed scan. so far we are satisfied with Dr C & his staffs though wife got some bruising after jabs before.

in addition, Dr C is a Chairman with aLife (http://www.alife.org.sg) & he offers free consultation to unwed MTBs on Weds PM.

we r very comfortable with him.
happy.gif

If I need to do keyhole surgery for my fibroid with Dr Chew, expected cost will be $10k+?

My co insurance pays 80% of the hospital bill, my own Aia Maxi gold has a deductible of $3k + co Pymt of 10% is required. Can they co exist, and likely I dun have to top up cash/Medisave?

I am currently under Dr Peter Chew now that I am pregnant. I have been with him for more than a year for gynaecological follow ups. He is a caring and fatherly figure. Patient and no nonsense. I also personally find that his consultation and scan charges are very reasonable. I was formerly under KKH as a private patient for a key hole surgery but opted to go to Dr Chew for follow up as KKH's charges are way more expensive than his. Also, the scanning wasn't done by the doctor but at another dept.

hi, my first baby is delivered by Dr Chew, i went to him for my period problem then after that he says i have PCOS problem and i went for the lapo operation as well.. after another 6 mths, i was preggy.

During my preggy stage, i went to him every week for injection for the first 3 months.

I would agree with alot of people here that it is actually very very expensive to go to him but he really take care of the patient....

the day before my EDD, i didn dilute at all and he give me option to wait... bt he wants to check the baby heart beat, but cause the heart beat is not so good, he suggest to ve C sec imm... true enough, when he picks up my bb, the cord is surrounding her neck....

Conclusion, he is very gd but very ex.

I did the lap 2 weeks ago his surgery fees cost $5k+. Follow up check up were also really costly. Think after the 4 jabs may not go back to see him again. Each visit cost min $200 or more.

Very glad that more come in to give fair opinion. we belong to the group who truly grateful to dr chew although our pocket burns a big hole.

Hi ladies,

I have some burning questions. Hope you can help me :) as im the anxious and worrisome type.

I am 37 this year and am a new patient of Dr Peter Chew.
Prior to seeing him, I had 3 m/cs this year of which the first one was at 8 weeks, while the rest were biochemical pregnancies (very early miscarriages < 4 weeks). I was traumatised beyond words as a few of my relatives were pregnant this year. The pressure was immense..... :(

I switched doctors to Dr Peter Chew. He suspected endometriosis and did laparoscopy on me. He diagnosed me with moderate endometriosis and said there were some on my intestines which he could not laser away as it will puncture my intestines. Therefore he suggested to me to do Gnrh shots for 3 mths to clear away the remaining endo.

I have concern over this as I read that there will be side effects like hot flushes, acne, etc. And also it takes 3 months, therefore this will delay my baby plans further and i am not young anymore. My advancing age is a time bomb for me.

Would like to ask if any of you had similar experiences as me and did you go ahead with the Gnrh injections?
Are these injections really necessary?
Also, what side effects did u experience from these injections?

Thanks a lot. Hope to hear from any of you soon ;););)

Dear ladies

I have posted on the above. And I have done the gnrh injections.
it will be a course over 3 mths.
However, i am confused as dr chew says its ok to try for baby during the 3 mths treatment.
But i read up on internet, it says NOT to try during the 3 mths as it can cause fetal abnormalities or miscarriage

Does anybody know which is true and when did you get pregnant after the last injection?

Hope someone can reply me. Thanks :)

Hi, I am oso a patient under him. Had done a lap with him around sep this year. He told me that 1 of my tube is partially blocked and suggested that I had the jabs too. He told me the same thing that I can try to conceive during the jabs. and that does not sound like what i read on internet. Hence i went to another doc for a 2nd opinion.
Have you finish your all your jabs? or still in the cycle?

Dear ladies

I have posted on the above. And I have done the gnrh injections.
it will be a course over 3 mths.
However, i am confused as dr chew says its ok to try for baby during the 3 mths treatment.
But i read up on internet, it says NOT to try during the 3 mths as it can cause fetal abnormalities or miscarriage

Does anybody know which is true and when did you get pregnant after the last injection?

Hope someone can reply me. Thanks :)

oh.. thanks for replying

i did not seek a 2nd opinion. But what did the other doctor say?

I just did my first jab. so gotto wait another 3 mths to finish.
But i kiasi type. so i would rather NOT try at all during the jabs.

I may also want to stop treatment halfway as the wait is too long. Do u know if can stop treatment halfway?

The other doc told me that is very unlikely to conceive while taking the jabs. As it will make your body go thru the "menopause" stage to clear up any remaining endo.
I am not sure what will happen if stop halfway. Hence I did not want to start at all.

oh.. thanks for replying

i did not seek a 2nd opinion. But what did the other doctor say?

I just did my first jab. so gotto wait another 3 mths to finish.
But i kiasi type. so i would rather NOT try at all during the jabs.

I may also want to stop treatment halfway as the wait is too long. Do u know if can stop treatment halfway?

The other doc told me that is very unlikely to conceive while taking the jabs. As it will make your body go thru the "menopause" stage to clear up any remaining endo.
I am not sure what will happen if stop halfway. Hence I did not want to start at all.

oh... very wise of u.
for me, i started already and now i dont know what to do about it..... Sigh

Hello all,

I am back. Its been a long journey for me. I have done the gnrh injections. Finished in feb. After that, he gave me medicine to make my period come. And put me on clomid. Has anybody had the same experience with me?
What happens after the clomid? Will i ovulate afterthat?
I am confused as dr chew says i will not ovulate this cycle even after taking clomid. But the internet says i shld ovulate a week after clomid.

Hi I am new this forum, I am seeing doc peter chew also. Just done the laparascopy for endo last month and under gnrh shot treatment also.
After the laparascopy I felt my left hand stomach pulling pain.. can anyone share w me took how long to revover after laparascopy? ?

Hi I am new this forum, I am seeing doc peter chew also. Just done the laparascopy for endo last month and under gnrh shot treatment also.
After the laparascopy I felt my left hand stomach pulling pain.. can anyone share w me took how long to revover after laparascopy? ?
Hi Pianobb, How much you paid for Endo Labarascopy done by DR Chew?

I was under his care for some fertility treatment but not lapa. All the positivity about him is true in this thread but I find this lapa procedure is overpriced in this clinic. Moreover, a few of my girlfriends (and their friends) claimed that after seeing 2nd doc, they were told they do not need lapa surgery and go on having healthy bfp.

So depends on what you read between the lines. But I do not mean you don’t need the procedure at all. That’s why I suggest seek 2nd opinion and perhaps things will be more justified.

I was under his care for some fertility treatment but not lapa. All the positivity about him is true in this thread but I find this lapa procedure is overpriced in this clinic. Moreover, a few of my girlfriends (and their friends) claimed that after seeing 2nd doc, they were told they do not need lapa surgery and go on having healthy bfp.

So depends on what you read between the lines. But I do not mean you don’t need the procedure at all. That’s why I suggest seek 2nd opinion and perhaps things will be more justified.
Any idea the surgery cost? If the cost is below 12k i am still ok.

Back