Dr Peter Chew from Gleneagles

megtan

Hi,

Has anyone been seeing Dr Peter Chew ? Appreciate if you could give me any comments on him. Is he a careful, skilful, experienced doctor etc. ?

Hi megtan,
I've not seen him personally, but heard many good comments of him. He is a very experienced gynae. How did you get to know of him?

Hi java,

He is my SIL's gynae. Heard that he is good but he only delivers in Gleneagles. I actually prefer to deliver in TMC as it is nearer to my home. Do you know of any good and experienced gynaes in TMC ?

BTW, what good comments have you heard about Dr Peter Chew ?

hi megtan,
How far in your pregnancy are you? I'm currently 25 weeks. I'm seeing Dr WK Tan in TMC. She only delivers in TMC, so I got no choice but to go there. She is very experienced and skillful, she was my mum's gynae, so u can imagine that she's quite old, in her 60s. Another good doctor is Dr TC Chang, also from TMC.

I heard that he is very caring and really takes good care of his patients. Also he is very reassuring and gives good advice.

Hi java,

I am in my 8 weeks now. Yes, I have heard of Dr WK Tan and understand that she's very good. My friend is also seeing her too. But her waiting queue is usually very long. Do you mind sharing with me her delivery and consultation package ?

Have you heard of Dr KC Yeo from TMC ? Any comments ? One of my colleague recommended him as he is her gynae for both her children.

What should you look out for when choosing a gynae ?? Cos this is my first time and finding it hard to choose a good gynae.

hi megtan,
I can't remember how much I paid. Not cheap. I go back and look at her charges then I tell u tomorrow. Wah her waiting queue is very long, can range from 20 mins to 3 hrs. Last time I kenna wait 3 hrs because she got last minute C-section ops. She is quite popular, sees abt 70 patients per day.

Hi ladies,

Was just talking to my friends about her experience with Dr Peter Chew a few days back. She was delivered by Dr Chew and her feedbacks about him was not too positive.

Besides being expensive (they paid $1400 just for actual day delivery charges), his consultation with them is always very tight. He will check on 2 patients at the same time, and my friend isn't too pleased about the divided attention. But perhaps that's the price you've to pay for seeing such a popular doctor.

i saw Dr Chew for infertility issues before. I am thankful for him that I am able to conceive but I didn't choose him as my gynae.

Also, I am also glad that i am self reliant when it comes to making decisons. He did a surgery to remove my fibroid and endotromisis. Instead of asking me to try to conceive naturally like what i read from the websites, he wanted to put me on expensive shots to curb my endotriosis totally. I told him I wanted to try for a few mths 1st, I did and I conceived on my 1st try.

He is always frowning though he tries to put on a smile. He sees about 50+ patients a day so yes, he can't give you a lot of attention. If you ask him too many Qs, sometimes, he becomes very frustrated. He treats you like a patient with zero knowledge. My impression of him is, he just wants you to listen to what he says since he's the doctor.

That's really no need to go to the extent of seeing an expensive gynae. There are many out there who can do the same job. But infertility issues or surgeries are another story.

I am currently seeing my gynae from Sun Plaza who is humble, patient and willing to listen to you. You have to be comfortable with your gynae.

I am seeing Dr Peter Chew for almost a year already. Recently, I had a second miscarriage. Though he's busy, he gave me his listening ears and did not rush through my consultation. And advice me and hubby what to do next.

When I was in depresssion after the first miscarriage, he did not rush through my consultation thereafter. I am thankful that he lend me his listening ears and gave me some very good advice. I guess he knows how I felt...

I like him also becos he's very experienced and confident in his diagnosis and give me his advice and tell me what to do next. I dislike gynaes who give me choices and let me choose what I want to do.

He did two surgeries for me and they went very well. And I recovered very fast. I did not get any infections in my wounds. I think he does know about how to "bu" the chinese way cos he taught me how to "bu" properly after the surgeries. He's the first western doc that I met who gives me advice about chinese "bu", and told me not to eat anything with "du" (e.g. seafood) after the surgery. I was surprised.

He's a popular gynae. And there ought to be a reason why he's so popular rite? Sometimes, I think you pay for what you get.
happy.gif
Anyway, most doc in the private sector do give discounts to their patients who need it...

Most importantly, choose one whom you will be comfortable with...
happy.gif

Good luck!
happy.gif

Hi lyn, can you share with us what Dr chew advised about chinese 'bu' as i'm going for lapro next mth. what shud we eat to bu?

Just want to share my thoughts on Dr Chew.

Initially, I found him to be really fierce and my consultation time with him are always very tight ( average less than 5 mins). Felt a bit short changed initially.

However, the things he told me to do are really out of good intentions like counting fetal movements, taking my fruit extracts pills..etc

I think his heart is the right place and he will not advise me to do any unneccessary things like 3D ultrasound scan which he thinks it's just a gimmick and cost money.

I know some gynae will ask their patients to do 3D ultrasound, knowing how impatient we are to see our bb's face. or some of the gynae will put their patients on CTG whenever they visit them during their 3rd trimester. But, Dr Chew only advises you on doing what is necessary and important.

But, of course, he is not a saint cos' he really has a lot of patients and I think he has a temper too. Heard that the nurses in Gleneagles are scared of him.

Despite all these, most importantly, I think he truly cares for his patients.

I'm a few weeks pregnant and was recommended to see Dr Chew by my colleague who's had her first child delivered by Dr Chew and now consulting him for her 2nd child. I went to see him once when I was 6 weeks pregnant. He was alright but like what the rest said, he sees a lot of patients so consultation time seems short.
He did a US scan for me to see the baby (can see the baby with heartbeat) but other than that, he didn't do any other tests on me... no blood test... is that typical? was told to see him again 3 weeks later.

Hi Gem,
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
happy.gif

I am also pregnant now
happy.gif
. I have been seeing Dr Chew since last year. I think he will judge based on situation. When I got pregnant this time, I gotta see him weekly first, then fortnightly, then now once every 3 weeks
happy.gif
. He has been very careful. I had a blood test for blood glucose in my last visit cos he suspected that I might have gestational diabetes.

I had m/c twice already... So everytime I visit him, he will ask me if I have any questions... haha.. he will ask a few times to confirm when I say I dun have any questions for him. hahaha...

Hi mybabydream,
Thank you very much
happy.gif
How are you getting on? Long time havent chat with you... I just take things as they come now
happy.gif
Scans and tests as Dr Chew recommend
happy.gif

Thanks Lyn.

I feel a little uncomfy with the fact that Dr Chew sees 2 patients at one time. (2 consultation rooms). Quite a number of pple I know use him so guess he should be alright. Does anyone know how's his skills in stitching?
Now wondering whether I should try out another doctor...

Hi Gem,
Are you considering caesaerean?
I had two surgeries done by Dr Chew. He stitched me well
happy.gif
I did not get wound infection too.
I am pretty alright with him moving between two consultation rooms. The most important for me is he gives me the diagnosis fast and accurate, and recommend the appropriate treatment.
Have you had any blood tests yet? I will be having second blood test for diabetes in my next visit... And I think other pregnancy related blood tests too...

Hi mybabydream,
Hope you are coping well with baby
happy.gif
Time really flies... And very soon your baby will call you "mummy" already
happy.gif

Hi Lyn,
I'm not considering c-section now, prefer natural birth if possible.
I tried another dr from gleneagles and prefer the 2nd one to Dr Chew. He doesn't shuffle between 2 patients and has a more high tech machine. He's also patient and highly recommmended by my friends and also this forum. Will probably switch to him.

Hi Gem,
It's good to hear that you have found a gynae that you are comfortable with. It's very important. Your new gynae got a 4D machine? It's will be very exciting and interesting to see baby in 4D as the pregnancy progresses...
happy.gif

Hi mybabydream,
I am due in June 06
happy.gif
. I did not have bad morning sickness.
happy.gif
Now I am eating a lot. I can eat and eat non-stop... Very itchy mouth... kekeke...
Did you do "tai jiao" last time? I am puzzled how that will work and how to do that...

lyn:
its great that u hv no morning sickness. my appetite was so poor that i kena gatric pain during my 1st trim. my appetite improved from 2nd trim but still didn't enjoy the food like b4, but everything is juz worth it.

haha, i played mozart's music often to my baby, and talked to her...

Hi mybabydream,
How did you talk to your baby? What did you talk about to baby? I find it weird and dunno what to talk... :p kekeke... very suaku...

Ladies,
He does pre-conception test? Like scanning etc..(scan to make sure that fallopian tubes n uterus are alright)Is it ex?

Hi ladies,

I have been TTC for 3yrs but still no news, due to my irregular menses. Went though laparoscopy early this year but menses still irregular. My hb and I have been going through disappointment repeatedly and feel like giving up liao. Till recently, someone recommended Dr Peter Chew to me and he is also the one who delivered my youngest sis. I remember seeing him on a TV programme about fertility so I guess he must be gd and thought of giving it a try. Pior to this, just wanna find out if anyone have similar problem as me and already preg??

hi melody,

I don't have the same prob as u, but diagnosed with endometrisis by Dr Chew abt 3 yrs ago and did the laproscopy.
He's very well known in helping couples with conceiving issues and difficult pregnancies. U can do a google/search on him and see his specialities.

i had inferitity issues. saw him to do laproscopy to remove fibroid and realised got endo.

i am now a mother of 2...

Truffles, did you manage to conceive after the laparoscopy? I intend to see him soon, do I need any prior appointment or can just walk in?

mybabydream, did he give you any med after the laparoscopy? Laparoscopy doesn't seems to correct my irregular menses though already more than 6mths. I have been taking clomid for quite some time and recently started with metformin.

hi melody,

I am now expecting my first baby. Didn't try to conceive after the scope, cos i was still not married then. I just got married last year and actually didn't plan on the pregnancy too. I was told it will be rather difficult for me to conceive. Going to see him this afternoon.
You'll have to make appt to see him cos his schedule is rather packed and sometimes he doesn't have clinic session is the afternoon cos he has surgeries. U have his no.? if u need, can PM me.

melody:
its better to make appt coz with appt is already quite long waiting...

he's quite pro to give jab to curb endo...but i didnt take his advice. i told him i wanted to try for 3 mths(to conceive) myself..and he said i could try and depend if i am lucky.

and sure enuff, i striked in the 1st mth i tried.

congrats truffles! hopefully will come to my turn soon :p will call to make an appointment then. I managed to find his number in website.

mybabydream, I am afraid of taking jab leh...usually how many days ahead I have to make appointment? If I call today, wld I be able to see him this weekend?

Hi ladies, I have made an appointment with Dr Chew on 2 Oct. Wanted a weekend but the nurse said he's fully booked for the next 2 weekends. During my 1st visit, what things I need to bring huh? Thought of bring all my medical reports that I had during my surgery. Hopefully, this will cut down some time to start everything all over again with those tests. From all the ultrasound photos n medical reports, he should be able to analyse right?

melody:
yes, bring photocopies of the medical reports to let him keep a copy. but he may ask you to redo some test again...

Heard from my mum that if any mummies have prefered gender....Can go to Dr Peter Chew as he can help with the gender we wish for : )
Issit True?

Heard from my mum that if any mummies have prefered gender....Can go to Dr Peter Chew as he can help with the gender we wish for : )
Issit True?

hi, anyone went for those jabs that dr chew recommended? who does the jab for you? what's next after the jabs? can advise? thanks!

hi, i saw dr chew for my first baby. i will NOT recommend him to any of my friends. although he is a very experienced gyne, but he is very old now. and if you have a normal pregnancy without any complication, its best to see a different gyne. u are welcome to PM me for more info on my experience as i do not frequent here. good luck to all.

hihi,
i heard that if i visit dr chew without an referral, it will be very expensive.

has anyone visited dr chew without referral? if yes, can you tell me what is his first visit charges.

i am not pregnant but am trying to conceive.

hihi, i went without referral. the first visit i did a blood test and virginal scan. cost abt 600 plus. I thk he is really very exp and the wait is very long.

2 years ago, I had 2 miscarriages within a year. I went to see Dr Chew without any referral. 1st consultation fee was abt $100 cos we had a long discussion. He did a laparoscopy & realised that i have endometriosis. so angry with my previous gyne who didnt even suspect anything!

anyway, with Dr Chew's help, I managed to get pregnant & he was very careful with me throughout my pregnancy. I would say he's a little 'kia-si' but its always better to be safe than sorry esp after my 2 m/cs.

I delivered thru c-section & he did a good job.

all in all, I'm glad i went to him. despite his tight schedule, he doesnt rush thru consultation & when I was emotional disturbed after my m/cs, he took the time to listen & gave me advice. Its all thanks to him that i have a boy to call my own. all the money spend is worth it.

momosan:
glad that u went to see him. he is indeed experienced.i also suffered from endo. i didnt know it at all, only know that i have fibriods when i did the scans. its upon doing laparpscopy to remove fiborids then doc chew found me having endo! he did what he could to remove them and i got pregnant a mth after i had the laparoscopy. i am really lucky, now a mum of 2.

can i ask u why do u agree to do a laparpscopy? isit coz the doc suspect "something" is wrong with the inside? coz i understand patients dun usually want to go through laparoscopy unless doc suspect they found cysts and want to remove, and at the same time, take the opportinity to see the inside for anthing wromg...

Hi jkids,

when i first saw Dr Chew, I told him abt my 1st miscarriage, irregular and painful periods. he suspected then that i had endo & suggested doing the scope. I considered for a few days & found myself pregnant again. within that week, i miscarried for the 2nd time. I told him then to do the scope as well since he has to perform D&C.

that's when he extracted the fibriods. I would say Dr Chew is a little 'kia-si' but i would rather be safe than sorry. if i had blindly continued with my previous gynae, i dont know how many more m/cs would i prob need to go thru before i know i have endo.

Hi,

I'm about 5 weeks pregnant and very excited! I'm now trying to choose a gyne and was hoping for some recommendations.

I'm tempted go to Dr Kowa at Mt E as I read good things about him on this website. My colleague recommended Dr Peter Chew, though it seems people have mixed experiences with him... Also heard Dr Caroline Khi Yu May at TMC is nice, but I would prefer to be at Mt E or Gleneagles.

Am worried as I have had some spotting/bleeding, so I'm keen to find a good doctor and would appeciate any advice you can give or to hear about your experience!

hi a

perosnally i give birth @ Glene w Dr Mary Yang. my suggestiion is if u wld like to see Dr Kowa, why not go to the 1st appointm and see if u feel confy w e gynea. i guess all gynea wld hv gd and bad comments. most impt is u feel comfy and trust e gynea
happy.gif

Hi a,

first of all, congrats! As you can see from my earlier post, my gynae is Dr Chew. And I'm really grateful for all his help & effort in caring for me.

But I do agree with baby bubble. go & see the gynaes that you have in mind & see if you're comfortable with him/her. main thing is being able to trust & confide in him/her.

Hi to all, my gynae is also Dr Peter Chew. I had an ectopic pregnancy and he did a laproscopy surgery to remove it. Through the surgery, he discovered i had endometriosis. Just yesterday, I went back for review. I took a jab for endometriosis. Do anyone know how useful is the jab in controlling endo and success in concieving later? 1 thing i dont like abt this doctor is that he doesnt explain further the purposes of the medication. Every time after i went back from his clinic, i had so many questions. Like he did a surgery to remove my ectopic preg in my right fallopian tube, he cannot tell me if there is any blockage in my left tube. Whether is taking the jab for endo neccessary? Or shld I try to conceive soon to prevent endo from building up. Sigh....

Back