Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

I delivered 2 weeks ago! Did an ivf with Dr Foong and was extremely lucky to have succeeded on 1st try with only 2 follicles! Even nearly had to abort the cycle and decided to push ahead with it.

Delivering hope to all here!

I did the short cycle, total doc and hospital cost was around $16k, $6k via medisave, so paid around $10k in cash. Hospital charges were around $9k, remaining is doctor and ivf medication fees. Doc fee is quite standard, it's the ivf medication fees that can cause your bill to vary a lot. I did the short cycle and injected around 200iu of drugs daily for around 12 days.

1 box of the ivf medication cost around $450, if I remember correctly.

Thanks lady_chris! Howz ur first appt?

Eh.. End up I didn't turn up for the appointment coz I got a surprise.. just two days before my appt I got a positive result on the test kit... I was Sooooo shocked..!!! I went to a gynae for blood test and result confirm I am.. Seriously I don't know if god is making fun of me or I am just plain lucky.. When I really decided to go for ivf.. This miracle came unexpectedly.. :) but was a nice surprise.. So you must Jia you too!! Many times things just come unexpectedly..

Eh.. End up I didn't turn up for the appointment coz I got a surprise.. just two days before my appt I got a positive result on the test kit... I was Sooooo shocked..!!! I went to a gynae for blood test and result confirm I am.. Seriously I don't know if god is making fun of me or I am just plain lucky.. When I really decided to go for ivf.. This miracle came unexpectedly.. :) but was a nice surprise.. So you must Jia you too!! Many times things just come unexpectedly..

Waah congrats!! Super nice surprise! I oso hope that i have such surprise but tink veri difficult de la.. Eventually shd be ivf for mi de:(

Waah congrats!! Super nice surprise! I oso hope that i have such surprise but tink veri difficult de la.. Eventually shd be ivf for mi de:(

Thank u..!! :) ya is a very nice surprise.. I didn't expect it at all.. I even have times thinking Tt I will not be expecting at all... Tired of trying n disappointment.. Trust me! I totally understand how u feel.. I think just go for it girl..! Be brave & have faith..!! Jia you!!!!!! If really ivf is the solution than go for it.. At least u told Urself u tried.. Or like what I say earlier plan a holiday.. Two months before ur trip no treatment (just purely try for fun) and maybe you might strike with a pleasant surprise... ;) this happens to me..I try for fun (thinking this thing won't strike me at all) coz I suppose to go Korea for my holiday but end up I cancelled it.. But it's worth it.. So don't give up.. Keep going..! Good luck girl..!

i conceive naturally after went thru the HSG test. Start to see Dr Foong in April 2013 hubby went for sperm test shown sluggish sperm, but i am normal, so he suggest we just relax abit and since we both in early 30s.
In 2014 still no news so decided to visit him again and my TCM did recommend me to go for HSG test as my period is always on time so Dr foong arrange a date to do the test. Result came back one of my tube is blocked and other is partially block so he suggest me do to laparoscopy or IVF. But after discuss with my TCM and Dr foong IVF chances might not be high too as tube is block.
Guess what after i decided i booked for a holiday before proceed with the operation i am PREGNANT. I believe the HSG test might help to unblock abit so if u gals period is always on time and hubby is fine maybe go for a HSG test first who know miracle happen?
I would say Dr foong is a very positive and encouraging doctor, he always give us the feel good effect after seeing him.:)

Had my first IUI done last month and not successful :(
This month unable to do it as coincides with weekends :(

Waiting for next cycle to give it another shot!

Baby dust to all!

I actually did consecutive

What is Dr foong 's plan for u?
Dr Foong didn't explicitly say what his plans for us are. He just told us to make another appointment to do second round of IUI if our first one fails.

Did Dr Foong tell you what are his plans for you?

Dr Foong didn't explicitly say what his plans for us are. He just told us to make another appointment to do second round of IUI if our first one fails.

Did Dr Foong tell you what are his plans for you?

He told me he will try three rounds of iui. If can't Then Maybe should consider ivf

This is my third iui now.I think ljkely have to go back to ivf: (

Honestly iui chances are quite low

Can I ask u,what was Your husband's sperm count the first iui?

He told me he will try three rounds of iui. If can't Then Maybe should consider ivf

This is my third iui now.I think ljkely have to go back to ivf: (

Honestly iui chances are quite low

Can I ask u,what was Your husband's sperm count the first iui?

Oh, you tried IVF before and went to do IUI? How long have you been seeing Dr Foong?

My husband's sperm count was ok, problem is with motility.

hi,
my age is 28, and my husband's age is 36. my husband's sperm count is low. now we want to go for IVF. can any one guide me about the best hospital & doctor for ICSI.

Bumping this thread up.. Those ladies who did iui with dr Foong how is the procedure and charges like?

I've been seeing him for about 5 months now and next possibly considering iui instead

Hi all, I intend to go on an IVF cycle with Dr Foong. Anyone has recently gone through one with him? Care to share? I wouldn't mind PM too. Hope to receive information.

Hi ladies,

How did you ladies inform your bosses that you will be undergoing ivf treatment?
I’ve recently just left my job whom i’ve been with for the past 7 years. I just started my current job last month and i will be undergoing ivf treatment next week. Ihaven’t inform my new boss... im afraid that they will fired me just because i will be absent from work on and off... if i provide them with medical certificate can they still fired me? I’m worried that i will lose this job. Im in dilemma . Any advice ladies? Thanks

Hi ladies,

How did you ladies inform your bosses that you will be undergoing ivf treatment?
I’ve recently just left my job whom i’ve been with for the past 7 years. I just started my current job last month and i will be undergoing ivf treatment next week. Ihaven’t inform my new boss... im afraid that they will fired me just because i will be absent from work on and off... if i provide them with medical certificate can they still fired me? I’m worried that i will lose this job. Im in dilemma . Any advice ladies? Thanks

Hihi Ane,

You will be doing ivf under Dr Foong too? As for my case, i did inform my bosses i will be undergoing ivf treatment. Luckily they were very understanding and supportive. Btw nice knowing you here Ane :)

Hi ladies

I’ve just returned 400 red eggs this morning to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing me a pair of twins. Spreading the baby dust!!

1) Shuang Lin Cheng Huang Miao (Siong Lim Temple, part of Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery)

184 Jalan Toa Payoh
Phone: 6259 5292
Opening hours: 8am – 5pm

2) Giok Hong Tian Temple (Yu Huang Dian)

495 Havelock Road
Phone: 6733 5727
Opening hours: 7am – 5pm

Back