Dr L C Foong from Gleneagles

Lying on the bed at the ward with my 2 babies now! My 2ww starts now but I am fortunate, I get to BT on 21st.
And I just have to say I Love Dr Foong. He is such a nice and caring doctor, I feel totally at ease with him.

It's so weird we have to lie there like a complete invalid n let the nurses maneuver us around to shift from bed to bed.
Babies stick stick stick please!!!

Tsk tsk... I kiasu mah. Haha thought take everyday will thicken faster and better. Red bean soup and take everyday? My last cycle my womb lining was only 7mm at d14. I'm going for my 1st d14 scan this afternoon. I'm so scared and nervous. Donno how my blood results will show this time and How's the lining of the womb. I haven't been taking anything to prepare this time. So anxious.

Don't gan chiong... Sometimes the less preparation, the less tension, the better results! Jiayou! I hope u can ET soon and join me and we can join Skinsolutions together real soon!!:p

Hi girls, I got a bad news.....

Got a call from Dr F today on my BT, doesn't look good. My beta reading isn't doubling as expected.

Hence, need to go for blood test on Monday again... Sigh

Hey skinsolutionsg, hope your blood test will turn out well on Mon. Meanwhile try not to think too much. Have plenty of rest, and I'll be keeping u in my prayers too.

Hi melody, I just went for my scan this afternoon. Lining is 7.6mm for d14 and he said to schedule me to transfer next sat! Dr foong didn't say much so I'm not so sure How's everything. But my blood test is good and I heard him tell the nurse that the lining is triple.

Skinsolutions, don't worry take care and all will be fine! We will be praying hard for you!

Hazelsarah, I find that Dr Foong doesn't dwell too much on the exact figures.. seems like other sisters in the ivf thread knows the grading of each embryo but I was only told I have a great one and another that a few hrs slower but good blastocyst?? He also dun really measure every single follicle etc

But I figured he is always happy when he sees that the lining is a triple and you have one whole week to grow the lining so no worries! :)

Th
Skinsolutions, don't worry take care and all will be fine! We will be praying hard for you!

Hazelsarah, I find that Dr Foong doesn't dwell too much on the exact figures.. seems like other sisters in the ivf thread knows the grading of each embryo but I was only told I have a great one and another that a few hrs slower but good blastocyst?? He also dun really measure every single follicle etc

But I figured he is always happy when he sees that the lining is a triple and you have one whole week to grow the lining so no worries! :)
Thanks dear. ;) went to the temple for prayers today, felt much beta with drawing a lot...
Shall update you girls tomorrow.

All the best Skinsolutions! do update us ok? keeping u in prayers! I just came back from seeing Dr Foong too for my check up..

Melody, i agree with u! Dr F is the best doc i have! i had a long conversation with him today on how to delivery my 3rd child. I like it that he leaves the final decision to me, no guilt trips or insisting that his way is the best. :)

God to know that you're taking it on the positive note. Jia you! If you don't mind I ask, what's the reason? Dr foong only allow me to put one strictly and I'm really quite scared abt it

God to know that you're taking it on the positive note. Jia you! If you don't mind I ask, what's the reason? Dr foong only allow me to put one strictly and I'm really quite scared abt it
Reason? My HCG was decreasing instead, for a reason or another... The embryo seems unhealthy. Hmmm... Dr F says usually the cause is unknown.

Hmmm..... Any cycle buddies in 2 mths time? Lol...

Reason? My HCG was decreasing instead, for a reason or another... The embryo seems unhealthy. Hmmm... Dr F says usually the cause is unknown.

Hmmm..... Any cycle buddies in 2 mths time? Lol...
Good to see u take it so well!
不是不到是时晨未到! (Hope u understand Chinese, cos English doesn't express this phrase as well! Lol..)

Melody how many days post transfer are u alr? I'm going down to Dr foong tdy to get the pregynl injections. Did Dr foong check for your progesterone on day 14? How did u spend your tww? Is it really necessary to be on bed rest? Can walk ard the hse and cook?

Melody how many days post transfer are u alr? I'm going down to Dr foong tdy to get the pregynl injections. Did Dr foong check for your progesterone on day 14? How did u spend your tww? Is it really necessary to be on bed rest? Can walk ard the hse and cook?
Hello! I am 5dp5dt today.. mine is fresh cycle so I had blood test n scans like every other day all the way till 2 days before et so I think it might be different?
My tww not super duper strict la. My mum is home to care for me so I get dragged out of bed to eat breakfast lunch tea and dinner! I still go out for dinner but strictly car, restaurant car, home kind la. Otherwise I am lying on the bed or eating at the table. When I am at the table, I type a few emails on my laptop to clear some urgent work. Otherwise, I sleep, read, watch drama on phone.
So far, my ovaries seem sore still, so if I too chor lor, I can feel it's abit achy. For some reason I keep having diarrhoea and just today, a constant dull ache on one side. Dun wanna read too much la just wait till next Wed! So far so good, enjoying the pampering and time off work.

Good luck for your et this Saturday!!! I replied your other question about eta process under the ivf thread.

One advice I can give is, take it easy but I felt very guilty when I knowingly break rules and it's constantly niggling me at the back of my brain. So, just be guai and don't give yourselves an excuse to think "if only I hadn't...."
Mine was, I knew alllll the doctors n nurses tell me dun move during the bed rest, I stretched over to the bedside table to take my phone cos hubby went to the clinic to take meds. N I overstretched myself n felt painful at the tummy area, so this had been.boggling me :( so I hope I BFP!!! So I dun have a reason to blame myself! ;)

Hello! I am 5dp5dt today.. mine is fresh cycle so I had blood test n scans like every other day all the way till 2 days before et so I think it might be different?
My tww not super duper strict la. My mum is home to care for me so I get dragged out of bed to eat breakfast lunch tea and dinner! I still go out for dinner but strictly car, restaurant car, home kind la. Otherwise I am lying on the bed or eating at the table. When I am at the table, I type a few emails on my laptop to clear some urgent work. Otherwise, I sleep, read, watch drama on phone.
So far, my ovaries seem sore still, so if I too chor lor, I can feel it's abit achy. For some reason I keep having diarrhoea and just today, a constant dull ache on one side. Dun wanna read too much la just wait till next Wed! So far so good, enjoying the pampering and time off work.

Good luck for your et this Saturday!!! I replied your other question about eta process under the ivf thread.

One advice I can give is, take it easy but I felt very guilty when I knowingly break rules and it's constantly niggling me at the back of my brain. So, just be guai and don't give yourselves an excuse to think "if only I hadn't...."
Mine was, I knew alllll the doctors n nurses tell me dun move during the bed rest, I stretched over to the bedside table to take my phone cos hubby went to the clinic to take meds. N I overstretched myself n felt painful at the tummy area, so this had been.boggling me :( so I hope I BFP!!! So I dun have a reason to blame myself! ;)
Hi melody Thanks for the reply! Is this your 1st fresh cycle? Is my 1st too but not fresh cycle so very nervous like what are the to dos and not dos. I dont think I prep myself well like the other girls. I only just started acupuncture at 永康 for only 4 sessions. The acupuncturist is a local very young医师not as experienced. But I think just調 body also no harm right? Other than that I'm still doing and eating as usual. Try to cut down on cold drinks and make an effort to drink red date logan drink and cook red bean soup. The last cycle I prep myself more but end up too heaty. Kekeke in the end cycle also aborted.

Dr foong suggest putting in 2 blast for u? I'm very nervous cos he really doesn't advice more than 1 for me so I can't help but feel that I'm clinging on this one and only hope. Hopefully my embbie will thaw beautifully tmr.

I didn't tell my parents and in laws that we are doing ivf. So I need to find a way to look after my own masks. More over in all staying with my in laws. .... Need to find an excuse if I have to be in bed rest.

Btw will Dr foong tell u when to go bk for bt after et?

Hi Hazelnut, I also didn't prepare myself at all. Same as u, I started accu by Dr Zou at AMK a few days before I start jabbing. If you stay nearby, you can switch to her. U can tell she is very experienced in ivf as she can read all my medical reports, blood test results. In fact, I think I get more info out of her than Dr Foong cos I am always afraid to waste his precious time by asking too many nitty gritty questions.

And I placed in 2 blastocyst, Dr Foong did ask if i mind multiples. Since I am ok with no child, I tot why not. I even told him jokingly that he can give me anything except two.boys cos I want a princess.. lol
Think one by one is not such a bad idea since you mentioned you are very small size. And if that's Dr Foongs preference, he must have his reasons. Trust him!

I am amazed u can hide this from your parents. How to u hide the blue bag and all the syringes and meds! It's just there in the fridge for everyone to see. I think it's good to have the support and everyone help to take care of me. But I do feel that they will be very disappointed if it fails. But I believe in self fulfiling prophecy, wish and behave hard enough, our wish will come true :)

Bed rest wise, if u always in your room kind, should be ok. I dun lie there 24/7. Still walk here n there, eat, go out for dinner etc.just extra careful and less tomboy abit. Dun give your embie earthquake :D

Rest well tonight and good luck tomorrow! Drink soup, red date Longan drink and keep warm.jiayou Jiayou!!

When you report at the clinic to pick up forms n insurance and pay $$$, they will tell u when to come back for bt. I cheated la, ask for early bt cos I may be travelling so they brought it forward a little and I end the misery earlier. U can try! Hehehe..

Hi Hazelnut, I also didn't prepare myself at all. Same as u, I started accu by Dr Zou at AMK a few days before I start jabbing. If you stay nearby, you can switch to her. U can tell she is very experienced in ivf as she can read all my medical reports, blood test results. In fact, I think I get more info out of her than Dr Foong cos I am always afraid to waste his precious time by asking too many nitty gritty questions.

And I placed in 2 blastocyst, Dr Foong did ask if i mind multiples. Since I am ok with no child, I tot why not. I even told him jokingly that he can give me anything except two.boys cos I want a princess.. lol
Think one by one is not such a bad idea since you mentioned you are very small size. And if that's Dr Foongs preference, he must have his reasons. Trust him!

I am amazed u can hide this from your parents. How to u hide the blue bag and all the syringes and meds! It's just there in the fridge for everyone to see. I think it's good to have the support and everyone help to take care of me. But I do feel that they will be very disappointed if it fails. But I believe in self fulfiling prophecy, wish and behave hard enough, our wish will come true :)

Bed rest wise, if u always in your room kind, should be ok. I dun lie there 24/7. Still walk here n there, eat, go out for dinner etc.just extra careful and less tomboy abit. Dun give your embie earthquake :D

Rest well tonight and good luck tomorrow! Drink soup, red date Longan drink and keep warm.jiayou Jiayou!!

When you report at the clinic to pick up forms n insurance and pay $$$, they will tell u when to come back for bt. I cheated la, ask for early bt cos I may be travelling so they brought it forward a little and I end the misery earlier. U can try! Hehehe..
Hi melody! I just had my et now resting in the Ward. I'm peeing like there's no tomorrow and I feel embarrassed to be asking for a bed pan every 15 mins! Dr foong says the blast looks beautiful after thawing and he is very pleased with the placement. In glad the transfer is finally done! But I dont really dare to move much like just slpg in the same position after I was being transferred.

I have a mini fridge so I kept all the jabs inside and the rest I just keep in my room. My in laws dont really come into our room so it's quite easy. The only time they were suspicious was when I developed ohss after the er and was so sick. They seriously thought I was pregnant. ...

I hope I can pull it off the next 2 weeks from them too haha. My bt is on 29th aug. Its like abt 12 days post transfer. Let the waiting game begin!

Hi melody! I just had my et now resting in the Ward. I'm peeing like there's no tomorrow and I feel embarrassed to be asking for a bed pan every 15 mins! Dr foong says the blast looks beautiful after thawing and he is very pleased with the placement. In glad the transfer is finally done! But I dont really dare to move much like just slpg in the same position after I was being transferred.

I have a mini fridge so I kept all the jabs inside and the rest I just keep in my room. My in laws dont really come into our room so it's quite easy. The only time they were suspicious was when I developed ohss after the er and was so sick. They seriously thought I was pregnant. ...

I hope I can pull it off the next 2 weeks from them too haha. My bt is on 29th aug. Its like abt 12 days post transfer. Let the waiting game begin!

Congrats! Finally get to this stage! Didn't Dr Foong drain your pee for you? Mine was drained then I peed once on a pee pan.. Soooo embarrassing and I didn't know how to use it? Squat or lie down or what and had to ask the nurse.. Lol!

How r u today? Feeling ok?

Hi melody & Hazelsarah,

how are you girls feeling? Did you all prepare DVD to watch?

My mens has arrived. :( I'll shall be starting accupuncture tomorrow AGAIN...

Are you all going for accupuncture during your 2WW?

Congrats! Finally get to this stage! Didn't Dr Foong drain your pee for you? Mine was drained then I peed once on a pee pan.. Soooo embarrassing and I didn't know how to use it? Squat or lie down or what and had to ask the nurse.. Lol!

How r u today? Feeling ok?
Hi, yah im ok feeling Nthg actually. I didn't really confined myself in bed. I still walk ard in my room etc but I try to sit or lie down as much as I can. I don't feel anything actually
Dr foong did drain my urine. But I think I drank too much. I drank 3/4 jug of water in the Ward 45mins before they pushed me into the ot. And by then u want feeling full yet so the nurses gave me some more to drink woke waiting for dr foong. The urine catheter is so painful! Ouch. I think i peed like 6-7 times while in in the Ward. ... so embarrassing.

How abt u? How are u feeling? Ur bt is soon right?

Hi melody & Hazelsarah,

Hey there! Good to know u can restart soon! Do u need to wait for a few cycle before starting again or can do immediately? My acupuncturist don't recommend that u do anything during the tww so im just staying home n rest. In wondering can I go out to my mum's place for dinner tmr. I've been watching running man at home hahah quite entertaining

I do have a pounding headache since the following day after transfer. But I think cos I slpt too much in the day Mayb. It's quite annoying. I doubt it's any symptoms cos still so early.

Hi ladies,

I only went for accu the day after ET because I was a little scared of poking the embies.. Hahaha irrational I know! So I went once to get the accu done to relieve my mind that I did it but not so many times that I risk poking them lol...

I had cramp and sharp short piercing pain on D5 and now I m just feeling perpetually sore. Sore tummy sore BB, mild af kind of cramps throughout. sometimes I feel so bloated, especially towards the end of the day, so I will drink Immunocal and will be fine next morning again.

Do you know what is the jab that Dr Foong gave before et and after et? For jabbing once every 3 days? Is it pregnyl ? Do u know the dosage or when it will clear out of our system after 3 jabs? I am thinking if poas Wil give false positive or not :D

Hi melody & Hazelsarah,

Hello! I was watching Triumph in the Skies II last week... Love that hi show about pilots and stewardess. maybe we have seen each other at Dr Zou clinic before! :D

Jiayou and you will soon be cycling again...

Hi melody,

That's good sign. I remembered having such pains & bloated feeling on day 5 or 6.... You may start hpt on day 10 onwards. ;)
Hi ladies,

I only went for accu the day after ET because I was a little scared of poking the embies.. Hahaha irrational I know! So I went once to get the accu done to relieve my mind that I did it but not so many times that I risk poking them lol...

I had cramp and sharp short piercing pain on D5 and now I m just feeling perpetually sore. Sore tummy sore BB, mild af kind of cramps throughout. sometimes I feel so bloated, especially towards the end of the day, so I will drink Immunocal and will be fine next morning again.

Do you know what is the jab that Dr Foong gave before et and after et? For jabbing once every 3 days? Is it pregnyl ? Do u know the dosage or when it will clear out of our system after 3 jabs? I am thinking if poas Wil give false positive or not :D

Hi ladies,

Hi melody! Sounds like very good symptoms :) 加油! I have this very good feeling abt it! !!
The jab is pregnyl so I'm not sure if it will give afasle positove since gotta jab it 3 times 3 days apart. Did u try to do a hpt yourself? I was thinking I want to but the pregnly might not give Real result. I think it's like 0 5 each time.

And I was catching 冲上云霄 too! Hahaha

Did u go out during these few days like for dinner etc?

Hi Hazelsarah,

Maybe. ;) did you go for Accupunture on day 2?
Skinsolutionsg, I didn't go for accupunture on day 2. Which is tdy. I havent left my hse yet. Haha but like I said my acupuncturist also doesn't seem keen to want to do for me after et when I asked. I think she not that experienced also that's why told me to just rest at home.

Last edited:
The funny thing is, I used those very cheap hpt bought online, strip ones, like every day since 5DP5DT, hoping to see a negative so I know the hcg left my body and if and when it turns positive, it's a real positive. But, test 5 days liao, it's still all positive!! So I don't really trust hpt anymore :(
And this is bad... Give me such hope I really hope it's real! Trying to keep psyching myself not to believe it and wait for blood test hahaha but it's realllllly hard!! :p

Last edited:
Hi melody! Sounds like very good symptoms :) 加油! I have this very good feeling abt it! !!
The jab is pregnyl so I'm not sure if it will give afasle positove since gotta jab it 3 times 3 days apart. Did u try to do a hpt yourself? I was thinking I want to but the pregnly might not give Real result. I think it's like 0 5 each time.

And I was catching 冲上云霄 too! Hahaha

Did u go out during these few days like for dinner etc?

Yes, I have a good feeling too, fingers and toes crossed! But many ppl also do not get a bfp with all the symptoms cos it's due to all the meds we are on, so I am also taking it with a pinch of salt...
So I guess I should just guai guai wait till Wed!

I go out almost everyday for dinner... After locking myself up at home during the day, I feel so sad stuck at hmm, so every night I get to go out eat then come back rest again.

Yes, I have a good feeling too, fingers and toes crossed! But many ppl also do not get a bfp with all the symptoms cos it's due to all the meds we are on, so I am also taking it with a pinch of salt...

I go out almost everyday for dinner... After locking myself up at home during the day, I feel so sad stuck at hmm, so every night I get to go out eat then come back rest again.
Hmmm... If its fresh cycle, your body will be very sensitive cos of the medicine overload. Look out for signs of breast tenderness & cravings.... That's early signs of pregnancy.

Skinsolutionsg, I didn't go for accupunture on day 2. Which is tdy. I havent left my hse yet. Haha but like I said my acupuncturist also doesn't seem keen to want to do for me after et when I asked. I think she not that experienced also that's why told me to just rest at home.
Ohh... I thought your Accupunture is at zou Yu min. So Dr F insert 1 embryo?

Hmmm... If its fresh cycle, your body will be very sensitive cos of the medicine overload. Look out for signs of breast tenderness & cravings.... That's early signs of pregnancy.

Super sore bbs! Cravings.. not really...
Did my daily poas and today it turned much darker! I can't wait for tomorrow to end this guessing game..

Hey babe bt is tmr only! Im extremely excited for u. Hope to hear good news from u! I can't imagine the wait after the bt haha it's going to be so agonizing for me I think. I'm only 3dp5dt and everything is still the same. No bloatedness or sore boobs nthg. I'm not obsessed with looking out for any particulat symptoms though. Just take each day at a time. I'll be going to my mum's place for dinner tonight. For the 1st time in leaving the hse! Yay! I know. .. it's only been 3 days but it feels so long. I tried to pee on my ovulation test kit to chk if it picks up anything from pregynl but it's -ve. Does pregnyl shows anything on an ovulation kit? Just curious cos I have a bunch of them left and thought just use and see haha

Ohh... I thought your Accupunture is at zou Yu min. So Dr F insert 1 embryo?
Oh no I didnt go to dr zou cos the wait is really long.
Yup he only put in 1 so im putting all my hopes in this one and only little embbie. Dr foong thawed 2 and transferred 1 back. The other 1 he said looks good enough to freeze back so didnt discard.

Hey babe bt is tmr only! Im extremely excited for u. Hope to hear good news from u! I can't imagine the wait after the bt haha it's going to be so agonizing for me I think. I'm only 3dp5dt and everything is still the same. No bloatedness or sore boobs nthg. I'm not obsessed with looking out for any particulat symptoms though. Just take each day at a time. I'll be going to my mum's place for dinner tonight. For the 1st time in leaving the hse! Yay! I know. .. it's only been 3 days but it feels so long. I tried to pee on my ovulation test kit to chk if it picks up anything from pregynl but it's -ve. Does pregnyl shows anything on an ovulation kit? Just curious cos I have a bunch of them left and thought just use and see haha
Good luck for tomorrow's BT babe. Will be waiting for your good news ya. Erm... I've not tried ovulation kit before so don't know how to advise. But if pregnancy kit shows +, then very likely will be good news already. Do u notice the line in the kit gets darker with each time you test?

Oh no I didnt go to dr zou cos the wait is really long.
Yup he only put in 1 so im putting all my hopes in this one and only little embbie. Dr foong thawed 2 and transferred 1 back. The other 1 he said looks good enough to freeze back so didnt discard.
Ic... I thought you did. ;) I'm starting the accupuncture routine wef today. ;(

Good luck for tomorrow's BT babe. Will be waiting for your good news ya. Erm... I've not tried ovulation kit before so don't know how to advise. But if pregnancy kit shows +, then very likely will be good news already. Do u notice the line in the kit gets darker with each time you test?

Thank you! Grabbing all the luck possible... I took a pic.. from Right to Left is D5-D10. All + leh.. so i really dunno if its the pregnyl jab or .....

Attachments

• IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 1,065
Thank you! Grabbing all the luck possible... I took a pic.. from Right to Left is D5-D10. All + leh.. so i really dunno if its the pregnyl jab or .....
Looks like it's darker! When was your last pregnyl? From your symptoms I wld be hopeful if I were u. Anw bt is tmr alr, pray hard and keep confessing the positive things!

U know Ive got this weird stretching pulling cramping sensation ard my lower abdomen. I dont know if im being paranoid or what. Its not painful but it's there. I hope I didnt walk ard too much at home tdy. I am lying flat on my bed now to rest.

Back